Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 259 of 542 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 258 259 260 269 309 359 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Here is a photo of all my MB. It is going to be a beautiful quilt!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

It most certainly will be a beautiful quilt. The blocks are awesome.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell View Post
    It most certainly will be a beautiful quilt. The blocks are awesome.
    I sew agree Blue Bell.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I agree too

Last night we had temperatures below 0 First time this season, bit early I think!!
    Maybe because I've been making Christmas Stockings the past few days? Should I stop making them? LOL
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Anael we turned the air-conditioner on yesterday, starting to warm up here and the humidity is rising.

JeanieG you have a beautiful selection of blocks, can't wait to see how everyone put these blocks in to their quilts, do you have any idea how you are going to set them.

DH was home at 3.30, all is clear and he doesn't have to have another one for 5 years, so that is good news.

Time for bed, tomorrow I have to clean my sewing room and set up my embroidery machine again.
    Karen

Happy Birthday, QNS.....hope it does work out that you don't have to work today!
    Mirabelle...the little stars are so cute. Maybe a smaller bag would help me and trimming to only one size square too. Bonnie's system has so many different sizes. Thanks for the tips. Glad your DH is okay.
    Jeanie...your blocks are lovely together. I don't know how the one I have for you will play so will wait a bit to decide if I have to redo it.....you guessed it....I don't have your name for October!
    Honchey...good to hear from you and that everything is okay.
    carrie...great block from OK. She sure got the values right!
    On the way to town yesterday, I saw that the farmers have started the corn harvest. These years go by so fast! I got my A4A lesson done yesterday and saw that one part of the first section is just not working so will redo it. Today I'm making a butternut squash soup for fellowship tomorrow and getting ready for one more night of camping tomorrow night.

Oh I would love to come over Mirabelle but I don't like humidity much. So if we could skip that......
    Glad to hear Mr. M. is good to go for another 5 years!

GG, have fun camping, stay warm

My embroidery machine is still set up, I'm having problems sewing now so I thought starting embroidery again is a good idea. Still in the Stocking mood . Next one will be for my DDIL.

ooooh it snowed last night, up on the mountain and foot hills... only rain down here... but still, it SNOWED

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NinaSue

my poor MB is still sitting on my design wall... I hope to get it mailed out TODAY, someone chastise me if I dont

oh did I mention? IT SNOWED!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

QNS, happy birthday to you ! ! ! Hope you have a wonderful day with lots of rest
    Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  10.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    QNS, happy birthday to you ! ! ! Hope you have a wonderful day with lots of rest
    Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  10.1 KB
    Let's all sing ♪♪♪
    Happy Birthday to you..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thank you all for brightening up my day!! I may have overdone yesterday a bit, and paying for it today. Moving slower than a snail...as worthless as.....an old farm expression comes to mind but I will not voice it here...let everyone's imagination work overtime.

I even got an email from QB wishing me Happy Birthday.

D_D, snow, I love snow. Its so white and so pure beautiful, until one has to go out into it. My last year down in South Texas, it snowed for the first time in 100 years at Christmas....beautiful!! Snow means moisture in the soil for Spring for gardens and farm crops.

Into the quilt room to see if I can do block two...failed on first try, now for the second try.

http://www.presenciaamerica.com/Color-Card/
    here is a thread I came across the other day from some one here on QB. They have cotton quilting thread that is 3 ply 60 weight. It would be finer than Arifil. I haven't seen any in first hand nor have I ordered it since I have a good supply of Arifil. Have any of you seen or used it?

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just went thru all the posts from yesterday ... had a LONG post made and poof!!! My fingers hit the wrong key when I looked at GGals thread link!

First off ..............
    What Was I THINKING???
    My DJ book and templates arrived yesterday.
    OMG, I need my head read to think I am going to tackle THAT!
    I barely acknowledged the arrival of the software, so was not up to speed.
    Reality has now sunk in!
    OMG OMG OMG ..... What was I thinking?

Honestly, I am looking forward to the challenge ... and one mega one at that!
    I think my twenty year quilt .. has just extended itself to a lifetime.
    Sure hope some of you are going to be there to coddle me thru this one!

So a condensed version ....... thanks to the great poof!

QNSue ... ♫♪♪Happy Happy Birthday!♪♪♫

OKSGlad ... you had me laughing with "not much going on here" ........ as IF you think I could believe THAT on the OK Farm!

Weather ... do you think we could all just average it all out?
    MiraB you can keep your humidity, but please do share your warmth as the rest of us go into colder times!

DDamsel ... Do you think you are going to get the kids on the "less is more" wavelength? Granted, this year, they probably will not know any difference ... next year, different story! And YES, you had better do the DJ with ME! You fit the Janiac Maniac personna, for sure!

CarrieM and OKSGlad ... another great block! I believe I have some of that same pansy fabric ... or similar!

JeanieG ... with the new pic, I'm thiking you are back home. Did the workers get everything done before you got back? Is your home ... yours, once again? Here's hoping!

GGal ... Camping? did I miss something? I won;t miss that soup though ... delicious! Hurrah for more finishes!

I know there';s lots more ... but those stupid fingers of mine deleting and the dumb brain malfunctioning ............
    Til Later!!!!!!!

(and no, have yet to read the pages from the week I was away ... tonight?)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off ..............
    What Was I THINKING???
    My DJ book and templates arrived yesterday.
    OMG, I need my head read to think I am going to tackle THAT!
    I barely acknowledged the arrival of the software, so was not up to speed.
    Reality has now sunk in!
    OMG OMG OMG ..... What was I thinking?

JeanieG ... with the new pic, I'm thiking you are back home. Did the workers get everything done before you got back? Is your home ... yours, once again? Here's hoping!
    I ordered the software the other day. Do you need the book and templates too, or can you get by with just the software??? Those who have done this, please let us know!

Yes, we have been home a week. The only thing left to do is the backsplash in the kitchen. I'm putting in glass tiles, and our tile guy said he could be here the first of next week. I have all the kitchen and my hutch all put back together. I still need to put up my pictures on the wall, and other decorative touches. It really looks great!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

That is such good news, JeanieG ... that you almost have this behind you!

And great news too, that you are going to be a Janiac Maniac with me!
    No experience here but others have said we do not need the book or the rulers.

For me though, I'm old school enough that I like the touchy-feely of a book ... can sit and look/read it anywhere! The templates/rulers look like they'd be a huge asset. to help get everything squared up. Triangled up too!!!!

So now I just need to figure out the fabric and colours and then I have what I need to get at it ... when I am ready this winter!

Though I am still shaking my head and saying "What was I thinking?" ... Good thing I am stubborn!

Jeanie, you don't need the book when you have the software. But I'm like QuiltE, I love books, reading them, looking at the pictures which is helpful because I'm trying to follow Jane's original colors. And I use it as some kind of diary, writing the date I finish a block with a few short lines about what happened that day.
    And like QuiltE, looking at how many blocks I still have to do I also say 'What was I thinking'...

The numbers are less intimidating to me than all the applique blocks.
    eeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!!!!
    Remember ... I am SO not an applique person!

On a positive note, I keep reminding myself that I want to learn applique, so where better than on a small block? instead of one of those big beautiful Baltimore blocks!

For my PC book I noted the date completed , # pieces and any notes specific to the block. I did not include the weather or any life notes, like you did, Anael.

I AM LAUGHING AT MYSELF And saying you are certifiable crazy. Finishing up MBs here, next year, doing the SYE, (falling behind) and to think I am considering the 50 stars starting in January and saying 'yes' to DJ..., yep, that's certifiable crazy. Overachiever, dwelling in fantasy land. Time will time IF I do it or if I do not do it. Taking it under advisement is as close as I will commit myself right now. So, gee, with all this extra time, let's do a mini quilt or two.

Who is running the 50 stars quilt, is this a book, or software???? Don't think I have heard too much about it, other than a few of you are considering it. How many blocks a week/month are you looking at? Same with DJ... how many blocks per week/month? I know I'm NOT doing DJ in 4" squares, no way!!!

SYE will be almost over by the time we would start the others.
    Last edited by JeanieG; 09-27-2013 at 12:07 PM.

The 50 Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars quilt is a Carol Doak book you have to purchase. The blocks are great but time consuming. As far as I know it has not been decided yet how many blocks a week/a month.
    Same goes for Dear Jane, no decision yet.
    The Jane blocks are 4.5" finished

QuiltE, you don't want to learn needle turn applique with the Jane blocks. Some pieces are so tiny......I'll never be able to get sharp points with those applique pieces.

Carrie has been talking about heading up a new 50 stars group, pp by Carol Doak, book and computer disk. I have the books for the 50 stars and dj. There's an old group under BOM on QB here. I may be a hit or miss on both the DJ and 50 Stars. Anael and JanRN have some of the Stars done already. The blocks impressed me, they both done them so well.

Happy Birthday NinaSue, hope you had a wonderful day.

There was talk of doing one block per week for the 50 Stars which will take us a whole year to complete. I am definitely NOT doing Dear Jane, I tell myself all the time "what were you thinking", but I am going to make Sylvia's Bridal Sampler so might tag along with the J Maniacs to stay on track.

Our Patchwork group have been asked by another group called Blankets of Love, to assist them with a project for the Ronald McDonald House. They have had a new extension built to accommodate families of sick children who have to have long term medical treatment. They require 25 quilts and bed runners for each room. The quilts are to measure 50 inches square and the bed runners 24 by 64 inches and must match so they can "dress" the room. Our group has taken on the challenge to make 10 sets. Yesterday I played around with my blue scraps and started cutting 3 1/2 inch squares. This is what I ended up with by the end of the day. The bed runner will be 3 blocks set on point and borders added to make it up to size, the quilt will be 16 blocks with a 1 inch border. Talk about being distracted. I will finish up the applique today and in between cutting sashing and borders for Once Upon a Time I can chain sew a few of these blocks.

But first I have to clean up my desks and set up my embroidery machine as I want to finish up a little quilt that has been sitting for too long.

I will be posting my October MB on Tuesday, just a little early but I will be without a car for a week. DD has my car and I have her car waiting for the panel beater to fix hers, this is happening on Monday and they will have her car for more than a week. It is DH's turn to car pool to work so he is borrowing DS's car and DS is taking DH's truck.. Gos that is confusing, talk about musical cars but I guess if I can't go anywhere I should get more sewing done right!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

MiraB ... Yes! talk about musical cars ... one of you are sure to forget what car you have and look for the wrong one when you return to it in a parking lot! Looks like a nice start to your Ronald McD quilts! Do they have to be generic? How good of your group to take on the challenge.

Anael ... foolish I am .... will see!

Janiac Maniacs ... my thought is to do it as a thread to chat, share ideas and support each other thru the trials and tribulations of the DJ journey. With no set agenda (as in 2 blocks per week). Each person will do their own, hopefully setting a goal, so that we can help encourage them to meet their 2 per goal, or whatever. I just don't want the pressure, though I know I also need to group for some accountability and inspiration. I know there are already DJ QAL group(s), here already, and am not so sure that we would be granted permission for an official BOM/BOW group, thus my thought for it to just be an open ended discussion and photo posting thread.

As I'm still workin' in my PC I'll follow ya'll but not be doin' any sewin' along. I would nwver let ya go very far w/out followin' along.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Mirabelle, Love your soon to be quilt in all those luscious blues. Nice of you to help out the Ronald MacDonald House.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Page 259 of 542 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 258 259 260 269 309 359 ... LastLast