Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 209 of 542 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 208 209 210 219 259 309 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

QuiteE said:

"So Glad I did not go to bed yet ..... Alas! An MB arrived!

GrannyQ and MiraB ... My oh My, how those five stars shine well together!

GrannyQ ... I've been thinking of you and yours and wondering how everyone is doing.

MiraB ... A Busy Lady you have been! And those mini quiches look so inviting! No wonder that bloodhound to come home! How many quilts are going to be on display on Thursday? Is this is the event where the Daisy quilt is raffled? What a FUN day for all of you .......... though a lot of work too! "

And I agree, it was worth taking a look before I went sound asleep. Ditto on the well spoken Words of QuiltE.

Good Morning all

Mirabelle and GrannyQ, what a wonderful block! You're going to have a gorgeous quilt Mirabelle!

Mirabelle, you've been busy as usual! Those mini quiches sure look inviting. Nothing left for the RV?

GrannyQ, how are you and your family?
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Goodnight QuiltE and QNS sleep tight.

Anael took some out of the container and sending them to the RV as we speak, and cause everyone is asleep we get first dibs Yes tomorrow the Daisy Quilt will be raffled, got the camera all charged up and now to pack up my 10 quilts and put in the car, pack my sewing for Friday and pack some clothes and a toothbrush its sleepover time
    Karen

QuiltE I didn't answer you on the number of quilts to be displayed, I have no idea... We have invited patchwork groups far and wide, some 3 hours drive north of us and some 3 hours drive south of us, then there is a group 2 hours to the west, plus locals. At last count there were 96 coming. Just had a phone call from Sue to let me know that the hall is all set up (I didn't drive down to help), the cooking has all been done and we are as ready as can be for tomorrow. I plan on leaving home at 6.30 in the morning, getting there at 7.30 so I can help with final set up of quilts etc. we have stands to hang quilts on which will be done in the morning. Will try and get on DD's computer tomorrow night but won't be able to post any pics until I get home on Saturday (sorry)
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Anael took some out of the container and sending them to the RV as we speak, and cause everyone is asleep we get first dibs
    YES, thanks Mirabelle!!!
    Have lots of fun tomorrow and good luck on the raffle!!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

JeanieG I like your fabric choices, it will look stunning when it is finished.
    Karen

GrannyQ that's a beautiful block you made for Mirab--it goes so well with the others.

Jeanie, I like the border idea; in the earlier pics I didn't realize it had the different tones in it--very pretty. And the horse shoes will be a perfect quilting addition.

Mirab, have fun and let us know all about your adventure when you get back.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

GrannyQ...beautiful block for Mirabelle. What is the name of it?
    Mirabelle....5 blocks....almost half way done. It's so much fun to see each quilt grow. The ten for the show....are these all ones you've made since the last show? It's neat that your DH encourages ordering fabric. I just saw some of Hancocks of Paducha has some sale fabric for $3 a yard. Trouble is I like to feel and see it IRL.
    QuiltE....how many will you be taking to fairs this fall?
    QNS...glad you're getting the tables and will soon have all of the settling done for the sewing room. I'm going to look at that Walmart table too. Yesterday I moved my sewing table back about 12 inches and I think I will have room for something like that to hold quilts as I quilt.
    Carrie...I've been working on A4A and finally started the mystery quilt from Fabric Essentials. A good place to put into practice what I'm learning. If next week is cooler, I will work in UFO's and do some quilting.
    http://www.nancyjsfabrics.com/links/quilt-shop-hop.php. Here is the link to the shop hop that I'm going on this Friday. It's only a couple of hours away and we will spend all day! I've heard nothing but good reports.

Dropping by for a Mini Quiche before they are all gone!
    mmmmmmmmmmm

MiraB ... you really should just leave things at your DDs and save packing for those sleepovers! What a wonderful turnout. I'm sure your previous years have created quite a following, and a reputation that this is a :must-do"! Just go and enjoy both days, and more so, your time with your DD. We'll look forward to a catch up about all the goings-on when you are back in port on Saturday. Though MrMiraB may have other plans for you .... honey would you please try a tiger on yellow fabric??

GGal ... I'm like you, I still prefer the touchy-feely for fabrics! and to REALLY see the colours! Looks like Friday will be a red letter day for you! Do they cut yardage there? Or only pre-cuts, notions, etc? So many possibilities that you can check out easy enough, before buying. Maybe you should turn it into a two day Hop? I really have no idea how many will go to the Fairs this fall as I haven;t started to check the classes. That'll be done closer to the time. Entering isn't financially rewarding, so I don't make things for the Fairs, but instead if I have things that fit the classes, then enter I do. I don't want to get caught in that rat-race and be sure to keep FUN in what I am doing!

That being said, the first Fair will be four quilts. Only reason I know, is that the entry fees paid by July end. Actually it's not the Fair's classes I am entering. It's a bit different ..... the local Guild runs this show/competition and displays them at the Fair. The Fair still has their classes but not the quality of the Guild's competition. My entry fees were mailed on Monday. Quilts are to be delivered anytime from now til August end. They set up on the Tues and Judge on Wed. Then the Show is on September 5, 6 and 7. With pick up on the 8th between 11am-12noon. I'll go up on the Saturday (2 hrs drive) to see the show and find out the verdict! Then stay overnight for the pick up.

Everyone ... have a great day! I left you lots of the MiraB's Quiche in the RV.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 07-24-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    So Glad I did not go to bed yet ..... Alas! An MB arrived!

You've got me confused, QuiltE. Why alas? I thought you were jonesing for MB's???

Here is the one that I received yesterday but couldn't post til the camera charged. Isn't it gorgeous??

It's called Five Spot. It is made by JanRN, using her favourite colours and I love it. It's dull and rainy here and the lighting doesn't do the fabric justice. It is very vibrant and has gold threads in it. Thanks, Jan!

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  323.2 KB

Beautiful, Janie; now take all of the MBs together, please, pllllllleeeeasssssse, with cream and sugar!

Hope you continue to talk to us even if you don't do the next project with us...you are 'part' of our family now. I may or may not join them in the next project, but I will add my two cents worth now and then.

Ohhhh, I could imagine a whole quilt out of that fabric and design Janie! Great work Jan, I just love it!!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Well I had a message typed with a reply to several of you, but don't have time to re-type it.

Great new MBs!!

Karen and Ggal have fun on your mini trips.

Kids helped this morning and made some good progress in the house. Now off to the clubhouse...we bought DD some cheater fabric for a dress (has smocking done on the top so you just sew up the back and then add a ribbon neck strap). She wants to get it done today so she can wear it Sunday. Then I will straighten up my batting shelf...

Well we signed on the house th'smornin' but the sellers don't sign till th'safternoon. Then the paperwork has ta go ta the mortgage company, then back ta the Title co. then we git the keys. Sigh, I'm still on hold.
    Janie & MirabelleI just love your MB's. I keep goin' back & lookin' at 'em. I sure hope my MB gots ta who I sent it ta quickly.
    I'm kinda extra excited about it.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Both freezers are ready for frozen corn and the kitchen is ready as well; so off to do some errands and pick up the corn...all 12 dozen ears for us. BF called this morning and is getting 24 dozen for her and her dd to do on Friday morning. Seller meet us at the Farmers Market and have the corn ready to go for us. Next Wednesday, she is going to Iowa City Hospital to see why her blood sugars are so high (317 to 420) and climbing on insulin. Her back (pressure points) are ready to kill her. Hope she lives long enough to do that next Wednesday (Praying for her) ...and that they will come up with an answer when her local doctors could not.

Oh that corn sounds wonderful! Do you blanche it before it goes in the freezer? We have several vegetable stands around here that sell great produce, and we can get strawberries almost year round. We have an abundance of strawberry fields, and now they are being taken over with raspberries. We also have a lot of avocado, orange and lemon orchards.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Sorry to hear about your friend, QNS. I'm sending good thoughts for you both.

I will get a group pic of my MB blocks shortly. Right now my pseudo design wall is covered in of all things.... my second Pony Club flimsy! When I figure out where to put all of them for a photo, I'll get 'er done.

Be good to yourself today, QNS. Worrying can take its toll.

JanRN and JanieW ... Oh such a beautiful and perfectly done MB ... Love the colours!!

JeanieG ... great thinking on that block ... has such a peaceful tropical feel to it. You have me drooling over your plentiful local fresh fruit. Though by the time it gets here, I have hard time accepting it as fresh!

CarrieM ... You'll have to tease DD that everything old is new again ... I remember having dresses from that sort of fabric in the 70s! We used to cut some off the length for the straps.

QNSue ... good luck to you and your friend. My goodness, you have a LOT of work ahead with all that corn. Here's hoping it stays nice and cool for you, as boiling all that corn will make enough heat and steam.

JanieW ... a temporary design wall could be a sheet tossed over a door, or the shower bar. However, I'm sure we can all deal with it and look at your last grouping and add in your new one in our minds!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Well, my bf got all her corn she wanted....24 dozen...for her and her daughter. Dd will work it up for her on Friday. We blanch the ears, cool them in cold water mixed with cold milk, either freeze the ears or cut if off the cob. Dh was not raised with lots of canning and freezing like I was and he does not cut it off the cob right, nor does he shuck the ear right, so I will work on my 10 dozen tomorrow while dh works outside. At least half will be frozen as ear corn and it is sooooo good in the winter time, although it takes up more freezer room. It is called "Incredible Sweetcorn" and it is...if he does not raise/sell any, we do without 'cause any thing else is a poor substitute. Then next Wednesday I will get more to work up. (Got 42 cents off per gallon a gas today for next fill up at local grocery chain and will get an additional 20 cents off per gallon on Sunday)

California freestone peaches are on the market here, .99 a pound, so I am getting a lug (20 lbs.,) on Sunday to work up and can. I boil water in my big spaghetti pan and use the insert with the holes to scald the fruit and peel them easily. Also works well with tomatoes.

OMG QNS, what a lot of work ahead for you! When I buy corn, I do not shuck it, but cook it in the microwave and the husks fall right off. Works so well, and tastes wonderful. Beats not having to get that huge pan out and heat up the kitchen too.

QNS--you always amaze me with all the food prep/storage you do. I think I would do better if I had been raised doing it. My parents were divorced and Mom worked full-time so didn't take time for a garden. We've had a couple small gardens over the years, but not enough to can/freeze. Praying your bf can figure out what is going on quickly.

Bev--so sorry that things keep getting stretched out with the closing. Hopefully by Friday so you can start moving over the weekend.

Jeanie--I love fresh strawberries, but never get too many. Does anyone know if they grow well in sandy/shady soil?? Maybe we could plant some. We do have raspberries which did really well last year (early spring) but we didn't have any the year before or this year.

Here are pictures...my 5 MBs together, DD (11) in her new dress w/matching purse made from scraps...she added a snap to close it after the picture (even found matching sandals on sale), and my clean clubhouse with Ginger supervising.

I am all ready to finish quilting the airplane quilt! PT tomorrow and I will verify that she is ok with extended sewing time...then will hopefully get back to it on Friday. Tomorrow afternoon will be baking the bars for the benefit needed Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeanie--how many ears can you cook and for how long do you cook them? We have a little microwave cooker that we use...fits 3 husked ears and takes about 12 minutes total (cook for 7, let sit/steam for 5).

Blog Entries
    Yes getting that time of year--had sweet corn for dinner today as well as fresh bratwurst from the hog we had butchered. My mom always cut the corn off without blanching, then cooked in milk in the oven for a short time before it headed to the freezer. I blanch, cut, bag and throw it into the freezer. I think varieties are sweeter--sometimes don't even add butter, salt or milk during cooking. Had to check freezer accommodations as we also have a beef at the locker and DIL has 4 turkeys to butcher in the next couple of weeks. The 3 freezers will be packed. Missouri or S Illinois peaches are the ones I favor here. Seems the others we get are mealy and not as sweet and juicy as those are.

Love the block, Janie--a great pick of colors and block, Jan

GD#2 and I spent the morning sewing. This afternoon spent with her cousins while I took a nap! She has a couple of things left on her pillowcase and she can take it home with her tomorrow as a 4-H exhibit.

QBuddy and I going on a small shop hop tomorrow--it's a "ME" day!

Oh a clean clubhouse--great Carrie. What a fun outfit for DD! I see and airplane-how's that quilt coming?
    Last edited by oksewglad; 07-24-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Beautiful photos, Carrie. Another daughter you can be proud of ('cause she takes after her Mother, and has learned to sew well), so nice looking,too. Neat work area; mine is a work in progress yet. And yours has its own "guard" dog.

Yes, as long as you do not cover the 'crown' of the strawberry, they will grow almost anywhere...they have sallow roots that stay close to the surface, but they do need some sunshine to ripen. Everberries will bloom and produce several times a summer. Check with local nursery or catalog personnel for their recommendations. Beets and melons love the sandy soil, just rake the sand up over the 'beet' not the green part, so it will grow larger. I love fresh beets with tops cut off to within 3 to 4 inches of the beet, boiled until tender, run hot water over the beet and pull the outer skin off, eat with light salt and butter. Or can with vinegar brine for 'pickled beets'. The Ball "Blue Book" of canning is available most places and is very helpful in canning your own fresh produce...or from the farmers market. Sure-Jell can be purchased in boxes for jams and jellies, instructions are included.

Carrie, my elder FIL said 2 1/2 minutes for each half of one ear of corn in the microwave...works about the same on two ears and is quick and easy...I do husk mine first 'cause I hate the 'silk' on my ear of corn...personal choice. No salt or pepper or butter unless it goes to the grill half shucked.

OksewGlad, we want a report back from 'your' day!!

Page 209 of 542 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 208 209 210 219 259 309 ... LastLast