Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 269 of 542 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 268 269 270 279 319 369 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Sue, I would opt for that in a minute....I will check out that procedure with my DR and ask why he hasn't mentioned it to me before!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    QE I always understood that a bed runner was ta keep your feet warm if ya don't like ta have extra covers & just want ta keep your feet warmer.
    Interesting .... two totally different takes.
    Decorative vs. functional/warmth!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I always thought bedrunners are to keep your feet warm and be decorative at the same time. I thought about making one because I always have cold feet, no fun when you're trying to go to sleep!

QNS, I never heard of that procedure. I'm almost sure they don't do that here. It's the BOB condition in all joints causing me to be in pain always, 24/7 . Nothing can be done, only painkillers and I can't take them because of allergies
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I think they are one and the same: they can keep your feet warmer and they can decorate your bed or guest bed to make it warm and welcoming. Or just add color to a room...a splash of color or the unexpected.

Mirabelle, I totally forgot Lovely quilts! Those girls are darling! Where are they from? Over 50000 each, that's a LOT! Takes a long time to finish one. Love the starry quilt

Well, SIL had the procedure done two years ago. She told DH to have me research on the internet:"PAP Plasma EN. " (Or Tn, Fn or In cannot read dh's notes) and or Stem-Cell. Vail, CO., is one of centers in the USA that does it. Insurance does not cover much of the cost. They draw blood, to test and add to it, as I understand it, and put it back into the knee between the joints and it cushions them. Some minor pain sometimes, but she is back at training her horses and giving lessons in jumping classes and dressage classes. I do not want to take any pills or get repeated shots...especially with side effects of the drugs. It may be next Spring before I can do that...Surgery, taxes and fixing the refrigerator is first in line for the $$$$$. Meanwhile, the brace is helping, and supporting the knee.

Thank goodness for my 'extra-economical' sized stash!

It is the Steadman Clinic of Vail, Co. Http://thesteadmanclinic.com went to the listed information about knee injuries, which lead me to http://thesteadmanchlinic/meniscus/overview.asp Nice illustrations and the whole story...know throughout the world for their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    I always thought bedrunners are to keep your feet warm and be decorative at the same time. I thought about making one because I always have cold feet, no fun when you're trying to go to sleep!.............
    Wear socks! ... I have those fluffy soft chenille type socks. They are bulky enough that you would not wear them in your shoes (unless the shoes are a size or two, too big). They're cozy as slippers, or in my case "bed socks"!

With only 24" ... not sure my feet would be in the right place to be under the bed runner!

QuiltE, with your petite feet, no problem. If, you wanted to plan for bigger feet, increase the size to 36 or even 48 inches instead of 24 inches.

Blog Entries
    Oh NinaSue you have us all laughing. Yup in order to go to sleep feet must be warm! Working on FMQ quilt for my DS before I head out to her place the end of the month.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Would you believe:Gotta keep those ladies happy. From the Chicken whisperer.

QNSue ... oh I only wish I had those petite feet. So if I;m enlarging it ... I might as well make a full size quilt!

OKSGlad ... from one extreme (your minis) to the other ( a big one!). What a nice gift to take with you. I bet you;re excited to be going to visit your DS!

I would just put 2 quilts on the bed if you wanted warm tootsies although it doesn't really get that cold here in the tropics.

Anael the designs were called SherriGirls, sent you an e-mail.
    Karen

NinaSue what chick wouldn't love a car like that
    Karen

Nice car QNS

QuiltE, I can't sleep with socks on my feet, I've tried that. I just have to remember to wear slippers instead of only socks during daytime so my feet won't get so cold.

I'm getting ready to go to the dentist! Just check-up but the girl (dental hygienist) who's doing the check-up is not my favorite.

Morning happiness: to hear the refrigerator humming along, and serenade of roosters crowing outside my bathroom window.

Dh got the hen house moved this morning, closer to the house, very close, right outside my bathroom window. But its handy for him to take care of them over the winter, at least, they are not inside the house!! I can hear them sing their songs all winter long! We are going to take duck eggs up to his cousin to hatch us more ducks even though winter is coming on.

G'dmornin' ya'll. LOL I slept late. (It's almost 10:30 am here.) The old house is clean! We talked ta our realtor last night & as soon as he e-mails up the paperwork, we sign it, scan it & e-mail it back ta him, the old house will be up for sale. He was afraid that we wanted too much for it. LOL We know with all that needs ta be done ta it that it'll only bring investor prices. Even w/all that as soon as we pay all our depts off (except the new house) We'll have $$$$$ left over.
    As for the socks I sleep in socks every night.
    DH & were first married & it was our first night in our apartment. As we started ta go ta bed I realized that he was gonna wear jeans ta bed & I told him ta take 'em off. (Those seams were gonna be uncomfortable ta me.) Well he looked at me & said that those tube socks looked awful & for me ta take 'em off. A few minuets after we were in bed he felt my cold feet & said that I could git up & put those socks back on. About 12 or 13 years later when I was gonna have a surgery he defended my right ta have socks on at least till I went ta have the actual surgery.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    G'dmornin' ya'll. LOL I slept late. (It's almost 10:30 am here.) The old house is clean! We talked ta our realtor last night & as soon as he e-mails up the paperwork, we sign it, scan it & e-mail it back ta him, the old house will be up for sale. He was afraid that we wanted too much for it. LOL We know with all that needs ta be done ta it that it'll only bring investor prices. Even w/all that as soon as we pay all our depts off (except the new house) We'll have $$$$$ left over.
    As for the socks I sleep in socks every night.
    DH & were first married & it was our first night in our apartment. As we started ta go ta bed I realized that he was gonna wear jeans ta bed & I told him ta take 'em off. (Those seams were gonna be uncomfortable ta me.) Well he looked at me & said that those tube socks looked awful & for me ta take 'em off. A few minuets after we were in bed he felt my cold feet & said that I could git up & put those socks back on. About 12 or 13 years later when I was gonna have a surgery he defended my right ta have socks on at least till I went ta have the actual surgery.
    Cute story, Bev. I'm glad he got his jeans off. Also really good news that the house is now on the market!!!

QNS...hope that means the freezer is now working.

Anael...maybe your hygienist is a quilter in hiding.

The past couple of days I've been working in my scrap drawer. I had a lot of 10 patches done but had never counted how many and I find I have enough for a nice size quilt so I'm putting sashing in two sides which give a zig zag look which is very striking. Yes, QuiltE...there will be pictures eventually. Patience. I also have a box of strips that I need to cut and get back to the leaders and Enders. I've really fallen of the wagon.
    Today I'm going to my LQS to drop off a quilt for my LAer, pick up a couple yards of sashing for another quilt I plan to finish yet this year, visit with friends and wind up at Walmart to stock up on some essentials. Have a good day all!

Oh dear, I can't imagine quilters hurting each other this much I still will remember her tomorrow

QNS, did your DH drive the car next to the house?

Here's a new picture of Bram and Isa. My DDIL posted it on Facebook. It says: first cookie
    Name:  09.10.2013Eerstekoekje.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  36.3 KB

Oh Anael, I have really missed photos of Bram and Isa. They are so cute! What a delight to see them so bright eyes! Looks like they are really enjoying their cookies!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Too cute, Anael. Pretty soon they'll be big enough to enjoy some of QNS's cookies!

Had today off-yay! Finally made it into the Bat Cave and worked on SYE#4. Why do days at work go so slow and days at home fly by? Also got caught up on all the PC posts. Went to SYE and this senior blonde got lost LOL. There are pics everywhere but where they belong. I keep thinking about how well behaved we were on the PC trail until we got to this discussion thread. Honchey kept a tight rein on us!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Sorry, we do not own the car or the 'chicks' in it, it is from the Chicken Whisperer on my face book. Picking up some interesting bits of this n that on that site. DH did drive his 4x4 truck up real close to the East Side of the house this morning; gave all his hen 'chicks' a ride around the orchard twice in their Hen House before stopping outside my bathroom window. Supposedly, they have proven that a chicken sees more color than what we do...wonder how they determined that???

Yes, you are right, JanRN, on the SYE trail there are pictures everywhere and in the wrong places. Hats off to GG, who suggest to the latest one, very nicely and gently, where the picture should go... But if we make comments on them, and accept it then some of the fault is our own...each part is only as good as the whole, united together, just maybe, we can make a difference without embarrassing anyone. Happy to hear you had a day off and could enjoy yourself.

Yes the refrigerator is fixed with the freezer in it too. We have ice cubes, hurray. Expecting SIL, DD, and DGS tomorrow night...finished out the grocery supply today.

Have the sections all ready to put together for the October 3rd SYE...I just might get it done after all.!!!

Darling picture of the twins, Anael. They do look like they are growing!!. Every wonder what they will be like in another 16 years??

I hope I will still be around in 16 years QNS to find out

Guess you might not want to know how they determined chickens see more colors than we do. In psychology they did (and maybe still do) quite some brutal experiments in order to find out how the brain works!!

Anael ... Melt.My.Heart! with those pics of the SewGrands!

hello ladies! this is me climbing out of a pile of, Apples, Pears, and Peaches just to say... GOODMORNING
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Page 269 of 542 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 268 269 270 279 319 369 ... LastLast