Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 158 of 542 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 157 158 159 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

About marking: I don't mark the FMQ. When I'm using a template I use a Prismacolor Metallic Silver pencil. It rubs off quite easily. I don't have chalk as I've read about disappearing before you have a change to quilt!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

QuiltE, didn't you get the friendship block from me yet? I thought it would have arrived by now. Or didn't you go to the post office ??

Anael ... oh yes, it came ... and you just had me totally confuzzled as I was sure I had emailed and thanked you. It's absolutely wonderful with your big A and that pretty pretty embroidery. Just checked, and yes, I sent you an email and you replied. And then you posted the block to the FFC thread. Now the truth is that I did not reply to that email ..... yet! Just call me the tardy one.

The snails delivered two more to me yesterday!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the block I posted here. I didn't realize you actually got it so I thought it might have gone lost

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the block I posted here. I didn't realize you actually got it so I thought it might have gone lost
    Sorry!! ... I wasn't trying to check you up on it, it was just that I was starting to think I had lost my mind, so I went back and checked.

That font is so elegant, and with the extra florals added to it, it really finishes it off ever so nice. Maybe you could use that same font and put Bram's and Isa's names on the front corner of their quilts?

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    About marking: I don't mark the FMQ. When I'm using a template I use a Prismacolor Metallic Silver pencil. It rubs off quite easily. I don't have chalk as I've read about disappearing before you have a change to quilt!
    Prismacolor Metallic Silver .. would this be something you get at an art store? LQS? or where?

!!!!HI Laurie!!!!
    its good to see you back come by whenever you can
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Prismacolor Metallic Silver .. would this be something you get at an art store? LQS? or where?
    I ordered it online from a quiltstore. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy online than to go to the LQS! It's made in the USA

I honestly TRIED to take a pic of the ducks yesterday but it was much to windy and they were not coming out for nothin! they are looking brown these days... I think they looked PINK when the feathers were peeking out of the FLUFF... they have since lost their fluff! so now they look a ROSIE Brown

we had a busy week so far... we had DhDD over and her seven kids they got to explore farm life then we went on a dirt road trip! those kids where exhausted! but sooooo much fun! (I have pictures to share but havent found my camera cord.... hmmmm) when DhDD left she left Nick who is 6, he is SUCH a SWEET boy, he is the same age as MY DD, they FIGHT. I wonder if it ever really changes? boys and girls fight no matter WHAT age they are
    ANYWAY I will drive Nick home tomorrow!!!

LATER Ladies! I will FIND that camera cord and shoot those Ducks
    Candace is Deranged

The twins are coming home on weekend leave! ! ! !

They will be home Saturday morning and have to go back to hospital Sunday afternoon. We're all very very excited! ! ! !

!!!!YAY!!!! Aneal that is soooo exciting!!! so Bram is doing better then? ohhhhh FUN
    Candace is Deranged

PICS!!!! and my Duckies too!!!

we took the kids out to the sunstone knoll, then to the sand flats for a little mirage chasing! the kids were fascinated that we never could catch that lake the lake... CLEAR lake... because its see thru... lol the Volcano in my backyard, and the "Lace Curtain" and MORE barb wire!!! (can you SEE how inspired my PC is?) then Desert Blooms

WHAT a FUN day with grandkids
    Attached Images Attached Images

Candace is Deranged

Wow, what a view DD! All from your back yard?
    Your duckies are brown with a tiny bit of pink! Thanks for the beautiful pictures!

No, Bram isn't doing better, the doctors just thought it's time for them to spend a night at home. He still needs that procedure done. Monday he's going to the UMC in Groningen and we'll see from there.

DDamsel ... shot the ducks!! I can see the pink'ish tinge!
    What a Grand Day you had with the Grands ... are there more than the 7 in that bunch? I'm sure they adore their GrannyDDamsel for all the excursions you take them on!! Such beautiful pics ... thanks for sharing your views with us!

Anael .... HOW EXCITING .... Weekend Leave!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yipppeeeee for the SewGrands!!!!!!!!!! Their weekend home will do everyone good .......... though I wonder about Mick's thoughts?

Anael - what a milesstone - so excited for you and your son and DDIL. Let us know how Mick reacts to them being home, he may have his nose out of joint! LOL

Dublb - wonderful photos, just love the unusual formations on the rocks and wildflowers in bloom.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Love the duck pictures and scenery, DD. No, I do not know what kind of ducks they are; must look that up.

Anael, wonderful news the Sew Grands are coming home for the weekend!!

QuiltE, your lilacs are wonderful, I can smell them in the picture!!

Picked up the E. machine after lesson, and table for the 1530 Bernina I have now. The table the for E. machine will come the first weekend in June when we go back for another lesson...dh will take that lesson, but I will be there too.
    We will unload in the morning, I am tooooo tired to do it tonight. Everything will be refreshed in the morning including us. New machines will challenge me for whole summer; to set the room and learn how to use them to their fullest potential.

Relayed info about QB and our group to the quilt shop and to a good eatery waitress where we lunched late...it was almost two then. And we stopped at the nursery again for a 'few' more plants. Everyone have a good evening.

As promised, here is the picture of my new pineapple from Carrie. It plays well with those already here.Name:  photo-53.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  211.0 KBName:  photo-54.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  210.6 KBAnd then I finished Sunbonnet Sam.Name:  photo-55.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  240.0 KBName:  photo-56.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  263.5 KBName:  photo-57.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  261.2 KB I finally put the binding on my Utopia quilt that has been waiting for it for about 4 weeks. I'll hand sew it tonight while watching TV. I did pull out the Easy Street Blocks and began sewing them together. I'm hoping to have it completed and ready for a flea market a local store is going to. Very productive day.
    DD...what scenery!!...and wonderful memories for your little ones.
    ANAEL.....What a happy Day!!!! What a long way those little ones have come. Will be praying for you all and the bumps that will inevitably rear their heads.

QNSue ... you are brave with the need to learn both machines at the same time! Good that you are getting your DH to go for the next lesson too. Maybe they would let you use their store machine, so you can actively participate at the next class too? Before long, you will have both machines mastered!! Now have a good rest tonight and be ready to get all organized tomorrow.

GGal and CarrieM ... looks like a perfectly pointed block and such a nice mix of fabrics. CarrieM, did you PP it?

GGal
    ... Look at all those adorable Lil Sams! How cute with the bandana ♥s! You have me curious as to what your Utopia quilt is?

Take care all!

You are all so sweet!! Thank you bunches for the welcome back.

To Anael--I'm so happy that the babies get to come home for the weekend.

To QuiltE--We have lilacs, too. The fragrance when I hang my laundry on the line is wonderful. I just wish they lasted all summer!

JanRN--I would Love to see the completed quilts. Can you tell me where I can find them? Are they all together, or scattered about?

MercysLand ... I'm SO with you ... lilacs all summer and all the other flowering bushes too! That'd be one way to encourage one to do laundry!!! I really miss having a clothes line, though every time I get all mopey about it, I give myself a shake as to the realityt ... living on the edge of the bush + birds + clothesline ... just wouldn't work!!!!!! It's rained off and on, all day, so having the lilacs indoors have been a nice bonus!!! Re the completed PC quilts, they are scattered here and there throughout this thread as each person finished theirs! My flimsy is at #2570.

Anael--re: labels- I have never put a label on a quilt or runner to this point. The only time I've signed something I've made is the BBs I sent to most of you for the swap. I have had people tell me I *should* label them, but haven't. Now that I have my new machine (Janome 6600) I have a couple simple alphabets so might start putting my name and date on the backs of the quilts I make.

D_D--those are some great pictures. Looks like the kids are all having a good time.

Ggal--SS turned out very cute. I am sorry my pineapple strips are narrower than the 1" as originally planned! I got a little carried away when squaring up each time and didn't realize what I was doing until I had several rounds on. Next time I make that block I will know better how to measure or cut the strips wider than the 1 1/2" so I have more room to play and keep it looking straight/square.

QE--no, I did not pp, just did two opposite sides, cut off excess, and then added the next two sides and did the same. Tried to follow the original link for pineapple instructions...

Way past my bedtime tonight. DH is off work tomorrow so everything gets done later. I got backing for the airplane quilt today. Yesterday I got backing, borders and binding cut for the LC. I have to cut batting and then will start quilting tomorrow. Airplane quilt is about ready for quilting too...just have to cut backing and batting for it. Tomorrow is a home day so unless DH comes up with places to go I *should* be able to make some good quilting progress.

Wow I have only been gone for a day and it takes me an hour to catch up on the chatter

Another beautiful MB
    Glorious scenery and ducks

As for marking quilts I use the Frixion pens that when pressed disappear. I have heard negatives and positives about these pen and I have had no problems with them, for dark fabrics I use a white chalk liner NOT the blue one. I marked a cream quilt top with blue chalk and I had to hand wash it out, boy was I panicking as it was not my quilt

The only advice I can give you about what design to use on a quilt top QuiltE is what I was told many years ago, if the background fabric is busy, keep the design simple as you are not going to see any fancy quilting. If it is a solid or light background I generally try and use a slightly darker thread which will show your design. When reading (studying) quilt magazines, books etc I always like to see the quilt design they have used on their quilts. Oh I wish I lived closer

Anael what wonderful news I am jumping for joy that the twins are getting a weekend pass. Meet you all in the RV tomorrow for a celebration

Mercysland maybe we could organise something so you can see our beautiful quilts, like your own personal quilt show
    Karen

This is the wall hanging I made. The design is called Modern Celtic and is from Quilter's World Summer 2013.
    The second picture is a close up of the FMQ.
    Name:  Modern Celtic wallhanging (576 x 432).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  59.6 KBName:  Modern Celtic wallhanging quilting (576 x 432).jpg
Views: 77
Size:  72.8 KB

Perhaps we could 'republish' our photos of the our Pony Club quilts here again? Just so Mercysland could see them together without having to hop all over??

Anael, you have used yours for very special persons and haven shown us photos.

Mirabelle, yours looked so great; we all have hopes that you will take 'best of show' in all your events there.

QuiltE, has won ribbons with her FWSQ, and PC is also a winner in my eyes.

Others have had family priorities and are still working on them, doing a great job. Mine is a work in progress, although I have the top pieced, and borders cut, it is not quilted yet. I think JeanieG and JanRN have their PC together; please assist me, everyone, on your status...for Mercysland. Thank you. All of you have encouraged me with your progress and in my eyes, your PC quilts are the best!!

Anael, another great job! Love the bright colors.

Page 158 of 542 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 157 158 159 168 208 258 ... LastLast