Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 156 of 542 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 155 156 157 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Are you telling me that my Bernina is a Thread Diva?
    YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed that Bernina seems to promote Mettler threads in the manual. I haven't used it yet, as I have quite a good Aurifil stash. Granted, I have yet to do any FMQ!

I didn't realize it was your dining room table! Yes, definitely could not leave that set up all the time. Did you use the rigid foam insulation?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

When the thread breaks, change to a different needle....its all in the size of the thread going with the right side of needle. I will copy my little booklet onto the computer this evening and sent it to both of you...learned that at my lessons and it made sense to me.

No dh has no close friends, he has always 'borrowed' mine but its a better day 'cause he got his own way all morning. Time to finish planting the front of the house garden...my fingers are crossed. No, quiltE, bf has two rooms full of fabric....like you cannot see the floor...so no staying there.

Janie love the tree but understand the pollen problem.

QNSue ... Just think of what a good sleep you;d have, on top of that fabric!!! (..............kidding!!!!!!!!!) Another tip I learned about needles and threads ... use a top stitch needle as it gives a longer groove from the eye up the shaft of the needle. And I've probably used the wrong terminology, but you get the idea!!

yooohooooooo DDamsel ........... I'm awaiting those pink duckie photos!!!!

Janie you made me smile this morning, love your driving story, boy if I didn't drive myself I wouldn't go anywhere, even when DH and I go somewhere together he gets in the passenger seat what a beautiful back yard you have, pity about the tree - bless you!!!!

Anael will say a special prayer for Bram and Isa and also you today, remember we are but a click of the fingers away if you need to chat..

QNS hope today gets better for you, just hide in your sewing room and forget your worries.

Now time for me to finish some chores before DH gets home, I think I am getting too used to being on my own for a week, hope he doesn't decide to retire any time soon
    Karen

Completed most of the planting of flowers and garden. Will replace newspapers in the tires with tomato plant tomorrow and wet them down to stick in place.

The high winds picked up the dog run covered with tarps and wrapped it around a couple of trees. It threw the logs on top to the West, the gate of the run to the East. So we need to free the tarps, and fold them up; then try to straighten up the fence around the run.

Sewing Day Thursday in the lesson on the embroidery machine in Des Moines. Will love the break from home. But the fall out comes when I bring it all home. So be it. He told me I could set up my sewing room so I am...my way. And I ordered one more folding table for my old machine, Bernina 1530. Now the challenge is clean up the room so everything will fit into the 14 by 12 room.

Well I had a response all ready to sent this morning and then something happened, then I had other things to do so I will write now instead.

Pretty MBs received...Jan good job choosing light colors for QE. Ggal lots of pieces in that block, great fabrics too.

QE--I like your GFG. Not something on my "to do" list at this point in time.

QNS--sorry you and DH haven't been getting along the best....maybe tomorrow will be better. You asked what kind of dogs I have: they are rottweilers, 3yr old females.

Anael--thanks for the picture of your FMQing table set up. Looks nice! Sorry to hear about the twins. Still praying....

Janie--your raised flower beds in your backyard look good...nice way not to have to mow!

I got rows together for the airplane and LC quilts....still working on propeller borders.

We get along almost like we have for 47 years, Carrie, except now he has been on some meds for diabetics that has apparently affected his mind, so he has good days and bad days. Like leaving the burning propane torch on the garage workbench all day...with it still burning...his mind just left it and he went on to other things. I found it at 3pm, still burning. He leaves the stove burners on, after he is done cooking, but at least he moves his pans off most of the time.

And we are together 24/7; he wants me to entertain him the whole time, tell him where his latest lost item is, and fix my whole attention on him. That's why I like to retreat to the sewing room by myself on occasions. He feels he needs to 'entertain' my friends with his stories that are of interest to him and in the car on a journey too even though he is hard of hearing, so his voice gets a little loud. Bf couple understand that....others avoid us and I cannot blame them. Bad days are hard, so please bear with me and I will try not to complain as much as I have lately. Thanks for listening to me.

Lots going on here.....I don't envy you QNS...it's not easy getting to where we are in the picture of life...

Love all the flower/garden photos..so nice to see them all...

DD..what's with the pink ducks??? Pictures please???? What is in a Fairie Garden besides gold dust??

A couple of photos of my Rhododendrons...
    Attached Images Attached Images

MiraB ... yes, keep him working!

QNSue ... Try to get some sewing in tomorrow and then have a good day away on Thursday. Re your comments about how the meds have been affecting your husband. Have you mentioned it to the Dr? Is there any option that may not have those effects? I know how hard it is to live with those types of effects (but from a different cause) so I really do feel for you.

Honchey ... oh so beautiful!!

CarrieM ... Could you grow those rhododendrons? It looks like Honchey's have a fair amount of shade. You're really on a roll with your quilts! Honestly, I never thought I'd like doing the GFG, but surprisingly I have !

We had quite a storm last night, with high winds and 3/4" rain. Another round of it late this afternoon. Haven't checked the rain gauge yet. A community not far from me had a small tornado touch down today. Thankfully nothing like Oklahoma!

Tonight ... I finished Out to Pasture top and backing. Also, a table topper that's similar. Getting a few things ready and then soon will be in quilting mode!

Wow, lots and lots of messages today. I did not get my email update, so had to log in to the site.

QNS - those Columbine are spectacular. Also your camera takes wonderful photos!

Janie - I've never heard of Antoinette Bouquit Tulips - I wonder if I cn grow them here? They are beautiful.

All the new MB are great! Anxious to see the rest for the month. My MB for ______ is going out tomorrow.

Honchey - those Rhododendrons are so pretty too.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

QNS whenever you need a break you can always come and hang out here with your friends, we don't mind you venting some steam, sometimes that is a good thing. Gets it off your chest then you can move on...

Beautiful flowers Honchey, reminds me of where I grew up, the city was dubbed the Garden City and every year we had the Carnival of Flowers, still going today, they have a street parade of floral floats and there is a judged garden section, very highly coveted prize being the winning garden for the city.

Have been busy today, had to take Sammy to the vet, not good news, he has arthritis in his back and hips and we have 14 steps to get into our house and he is not allowed to walk up or down them so guess who has the job of carrying all 13.6 kilos or 29 lbs of him downstairs and then back upstairs. We have to make a decision in the next few months..

I also managed to get the borders on my lap quilt and took another photo of the Not Marjen quilt. Will start quilting one of them next week

Karen

Very productive, Mirabelle. In reading back through the threads, there are pictures proving how productive you are in the quilting room and its wonderful. May I do half as well when I get the sewing room 'set up' with the new machines.

Thanks for listening to me; its another stage in life where we do not have control of things but trust in the Man above can get us through the journey of Life. Did not want you to think, Carrie, that we were having trouble with one another...its just the things we face in Live that throws the curve ball.

Its nice, QuiltE, that you are making progress in the sewing room.

Love your setting at your home, Honchey. Beautiful woods and flowers. Love everyone's chatter. Have a good day everyone. Celebrate a new day.

Thank you QNS and thank you to everyone who listened to my mad ramblings about the Marjen quilt. I am happy with the result, now to think about how I want to quilt it. I know what I am going to do on the lap quilt and it should be quick. Have my sewing basket ready for patchwork tomorrow, am going to start cutting Smith Mountain Morning so hopefully it won't take me too long to get it all cut and start some sewing AFTER the quilting is done (I promise)
    Karen

Welcome Back, JeanieG! ... hope the time away helped your re-charge and be ready for the next onslaught of workers and decisions! And that your husband recuperated.

MiraB ... oh myyyyyy Marjen has become Remarkable. Guess what? I think you have made it even nicer than it would have been. The roses on the black with the green really frame it up beautifully. So sorry about poor Sammy. The lap quilt is lovely, but sorry, it kind of loses out to Marjen. I can only aspire to your productivity!

QNSue ... yes, it's good to accept and understand the reasons, though it is also hard to cope at times. Through all this be sure to keep care of yourself. While you may not be able to "escape", be sure to do something for YOU every day! Those new machines and tables should be a big help for that.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 05-22-2013 at 04:23 AM.

An apology is due to all of you--I'm so sorry I've been AWOL lately. I didn't realize how difficult it is to sell a house; was supposed to be sold "as is", simple cash sale. NOT!! The buyers had an inspection done and came back asking for over $10,000 in concessions or repairs. I said no and prepared to walk away and re-list and start this long marketing process all over. 24 hours later they said ok. Now all the running around getting the paper work in order, insurance changed, utilities changed, etc. Closing is set for 1 week from tomorrow, God willing, so pray nothing else happens. I didn't want to come here to whine so poor MrJanRn has been the recipient of my rants & whines.

I'm so jealous of all of your gorgeous flowers and trees. I'll take them as my virtual garden and enjoy them with you.

QNS, know what you mean about DH being home 24/7. For the first 35 years of our marriage, MrJanRn traveled for long periods of time. I was used to running things "my way" and raised our son, worked, had a life. 8 years ago he started working from home and wow!! Talk about husband overload. I'm still not used to having to discuss decisions, meal plans, etc. with someone. And he tried to take over LOL!! We have adjusted, slowly; he works in his basement office and I work upstairs in the Bat Cave and meet at dinner time.

Oh how our babies have grown!! Lots of prayers that the problems are worked out and they can go home soon.

All the MB's posted are fantastic. I'm humbled when I see mine up against such beautiful work. And all the other blocks and quilts yinz are doing are wonderful.

Mirab, Patches can't go up and down steps either. He's 75 lbs so no carrying him. At the pet store we did find a harness that goes around his back end to help support him. We also built a ramp (looks ugly but works for him) off the back deck. And yes, we also have to make some decisions in the coming weeks or months.

Hopefully after next week I'll be back on the Pony Ride. No more extra work days. House taken care of. And I promise no whining. I'm looking forward to our next project. Has there been any decisions made as to what that will be? I may have missed it while catching up.
    Peace-Jan
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Out to Pasture ....
    Here's the two I finished up last night. Both are made with the cows that I had CarrieM shop and sent north to me! ... both are 6" squares, with the quilt finishing at 46"x58" and the table topper 34" square. (BTW the side borders will be trimmed down to the same as the top/bottom. I left extra to work with when sandwiching and will mark it so I won't quilt on it ... then will trim down)

Ladies, your suggestions please for quilting .... the traditional Irish Chain diagonal stitching would be too minimal. So this neophyte to quilting looks to your expertise and knowledge!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-22-2013 at 04:44 AM.

JanRN ... fingers crossed for next week! Real Estate dealings can be so frustrating. Interesting that they decided to close after you said no ... good that you held your ground! Soon you will not have the added worries of the extra house.

Mirabelle....I too think the Marjen is better with your adaptations. Have fun at patchwork!
    QNS....try using the kitchen timer to establish some time outs for each other. I did that when my kids were little. Everyone had to nap after lunch and they would usually complain. I would set the timer for 30 minutes and if they could hear it, they could get up other wise they needed the nap. There were times I set the timer for longer if I needed break but I never told them. An impartial referee could take some of the tension out of the air.
    Honchey...what beautiful rhododendrons! Growing them are on my bucket list.
    Jeanie...welcome back. I hope DH is fully recovered, the smoke has cleared from the fires, and the renovation goes smoothly.
    Janie...you gave me a laugh too. Sorry about the virtago. My older brother has something similar to the point that there isn't too much that he enjoys doing anymore and he was always to active with building and gardening.
    QuiltE....what restraint! A new machine and table and nothing to show for it yet! I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of it.
    JanR....just saying hi and don't work your fingers to the bone! We posted at the same time. Congratulations on the house. We don't turn friends away if they have a whinny time.
    Carrie...I bet you could grow azaleas like Honchey. Shade and acid soil and they love it. Also I've found the knock out roses. Give them a chance and they will grow almost anywhere and bloom constantly. I don't trim mine much but they are pretty well mannered demanding little care.
    No rain during the day yesterday so I finally got to the garden mid afternoon. Something is digging in one of my beds!! Luckily I haven't planted it yet. It looks like rain today so I think I can get SS together and clear the design wall. Have a good day everyone!
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 05-22-2013 at 05:01 AM.

GGal ... see above! Though I will fess, that I did most of both with my old machine. I do have my new machine project finished to a flimsy. It's hanging on my design wall, as I am unsure what to do for the borders.

Most of us at one time or another, for whatever reasons, have gone on "vacation"...That's OKAY...please don't feel you need to explain..We've all been there and understand....

With myself, I find I take on too much then have a hard time getting it all done on time...one of the reasons I don't like deadlines.
    Last edited by Honchey; 05-22-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Love your cows, QuiltE. I am not an imaginative one, but I wonder if you are ready to do some feathers in the borders with your new machine and the BSR?

Mirabelle, I don't know how you do all that you do. QNS , same goes!

My machine needed an adjustment as it wasn't sounding right when the needle was going in to the fabric. After a needle change, that didn't solve it, I took it to my dealer. He is the best. He kept it for a few hours, called me to tell me he had found and fixed the issue and then wouldn't let me pay for the service. Now she is singing along again.

As far as I'm concerned, I think we share all our good stuff like flowers , fabric, pictures of grandkids and wonderful things that happen to us. To me, true friendship means that we have a safe place to share our not so pleasant aspects of life.

It feels like to me we have created a group of women who genuinely care about each other. We are willing to tell it like it is when asked for advice, we are willing to lend an ear when we need to vent. I hope no one feels like they can't take a break, or come here to vent.

Janie, you said it so right! That's who we are!
    QNS, if you feel like venting, just do. We're all here to listen and give hugs whenever needed.

QuiltE, what did I see? You used white ?!? Just pull out some practice pieces and start using the BSR

Anne, beautiful Rhododendrons! They don't grow in my garden

Mirabelle, gorgeous quilts! Your Marjen turned out beautiful!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Finally, I learned how to make the laughing smiley!!!!

All ye gather in the virtual RV....Cowboy Chocolate Cookies, Butter Scotch Banana -with peach jam centers, and Peanut Butter Cowboy cookies. Homemade Turkey salad for sandwiches . Dh says those BSB surpass chocolate chip cookies.

Vacation??? with chickens and ducks, no way. Machine poor now, so need to work to set everything up this weekend. First put together the sewing desks, fit them into the room; then add sewing machines, then add the stash back in.

Dh took a load of steel and iron into the salvage yard this morning; it was so quiet, I had to clean up the great room and bake cookies. Found my dinning room table again; it was so loaded up, that if anyone shouted "All abroad!" it would have sailed out the door. See, Honchey, I found the laughing face too.

YAY!!! Anne makes the smiley

!!!HELLO LADIES!!!

yes... when the wind blows I have NO internet... it has been WINDY! I MISS all of you and cant wait to post picks I just HAD to jump on and say "HI" before its gone!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Page 156 of 542 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 155 156 157 166 206 256 ... LastLast