Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 154 of 542 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 153 154 155 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Carrie, loove your posts and the that last block is sooooooo rich looking, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks like Hollywood CA.

Yes, GardenGal, I am getting there...sometime. Lessons went well for the 550 QE Bernina but long; too long on a Saturday morning. Too early too. Bernette Deco 340 and table stayed at the shop until lessons on Thursday. School desk sewing table is in the garage to be put together after lawn and garden work is done. And I am thinking I need a laptop computer with the embroidery machine...more wildlife patterns and flowers. Note to self: mail MB on Tuesday.
    Package to gs on Tuesday.

Filled all the empty garden tires but one. Dh has filled all the 'big' tractor tires and is trying to tell me not to plant much garden...he has onions galore and his strawberries strung out in tires I would normally plant green beans in and hates to be 'put out' 'cause he has to water everything. Think it is his nature to gripe and complain and look amazed if I corner him on his attitude...takes after his Mother too much.

Yes, Carrie the picture perfect cabin in a woody area will be fun to put into a block for all of us. I have Anael's, Janies and yours now. And if I backtrack I can find Honcheys NC and New Jersey homes. I can also find Dublbs lake home. and somewhere I have JanRN's house also. Both Janie and Jan have a statue dog in their yards that might be in the pattern....no rakes planned at moment.

Blog Entries
    mirabelle--your "lemonade" quilt is starting to look like lemon delight! Like the others I hope you can incorporate the lovely rose panels into something else. Could you sew the embroidered panel into a long bolster pillow across a bed; maybe a curtain valance. It's too pretty to toss back into a UFO bag again!
    Such rich colors in the LC block, Carrie--very pretty. Glad the kids had a great day shooting.
    QNS--get that camera out and show us the MB! Mine's ready for the mailbox.
    We had an 1.3 " of rain Thursday night and now everything stopped for a while. Could have severe weather through here today and tomorrow. Stay safe QNS, Carrie, and GrannyQ.
    What dublb would give for a rain! But it sounds like you are using this to your advantage. Another holler here for pics of the finished product!
    Hope DH gets the lawn mower going today. I have the loveliest crop of dandelions out front. DH actually admitted they were kind of pretty! Methinks the rain has soaked into his brain!
    To all the gardners--stiff and sore feels good when the rewards of lovely flowers and luscious food come about.
    Yesterday did a little housecleaning and then another HS graduation party. Must get bookwork done and out in mail. Have a good day.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I love those pictures of Isa, what a little sweetie. She looked so alert. Bram is so handsome already. Have a super day with them, today, Anael.

Mirabelle, I like your Plan B better than your plan A. The embroidery panel is gorgeous am I bet your will find a good use for it. I really like the fabric that you chose to use instead . It gives a really good contrast to your pieced blocks.

Carrie
    , I loved that LC block you showed. Really looks rich.

OK I loved all the pictures of your farm machinery that you use. It's interesting how different our lives are , yet we have the common thread of our love of gardening, sewing and family.

QNS, your pictures always bring a smile . Love, love, love those ducks. Your wisteria is beautiful. Here's a picture of mine. It is the Rocky Mountain variety so it gets quite large. Keep in mind this is just one vine.

Name:  wisteria3.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  822.4 KB

Ha ha ha. Just kidding. This is really from Fulham Palace Garden in London, UK. It really is just one vine. We were there in May of 09. it really was amazing or as they say over there, gobsmacking.

Name:  wisteria.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  479.1 KB

Name:  wisteria2.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  729.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Janie--you'd think you'd need Alberta's wide open spaces for this vine!! Fantastic
    FYI--gobsmack was the answer to Jeopardy clue a couple of weeks ago!! I had the answer--no one else did.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Honchey--no sewing elves working overtime...just me. I stayed in the clubhouse until a little after 10 Friday night! DH was busy in his shop doing his own thing so I figured why not.

Janie--that is a pretty vine...amazing it is just ONE!

Thanks for the comments on my LC block. Lunch is almost ready then heading out to sew the rest of the blocks.

I thought I would share a couple pictures of the view off my back deck, just so you can get an idea of how surrounded by trees we really are. In the background behind the lilac bush, is a fire ring and also a deer stand the kids have turned into a fort (above where you see the white and blue barrels). The dogs had to come see what I was doing so sat pretty for a picture...Beatrice on the left and Ginger on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie, love your view from your back deck and your lovely deck dogs!! They are BIG, how much do they weight??

Dublb, just realized I brought a machine like you got back in time to PC page 95. Amazing what you can learn by rereading our PC section...how many patterns do you have for your 340 Deco? Have you had your lessons and used it yet?

Janie, look at at page 87 post 870, and see if that looks familiar to you???!!

QNS, that's Jan's dog statue, not mine. I know I haven't sent you a picture of our house because I finally figured out what y'all were talking about today! I missed your original request and wondered what all the house picture talk was about. So I went back and read the thread and found it. Sorry. I'm going to wait until our yellow rose bush blooms before I take the picture.

Carrie, what a lovely setting. Great place for kids to grow up. Love those rotties, they look quite at home and happy to have their picture taken.

OK, loved your Jeopardy story. Did the rest of them wonder how you knew?

QNS--Beatrice is 87lbs and Ginger is a little smaller at 81lbs. We love living out here in the woods....even though the bugs can be bad. If you do come up to Marion, IA quilt shops, please let me know so even if I am not working we can meet up! I work every Wednesday in the month of June.

I got all the blocks done for the LC quilt this afternoon. I will do piano key border tomorrow and cut fabrics for inner and outer borders. Can't quilt it until I work Thursday since I need backing and batting fabric yet. I posted the blocks on the design wall here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post6073524

You are right Janie, and thanks for setting me straight when I had it all wrong. Sorry. Senior moment that lasted too long, I guess, in my mind.

Carrie that would be great; have to let you know if and when. Great dogs with striking colors. What kind are they?

Good guard dogs Carriem I love how they are just sitting there, if I get the camera out my dogs start moving and won't sit still for me

So today I managed to get the backing pieced for Star Struck and used up quite a few pieces of fabric, so happy with that and then I got this top together. Only have to put the top and bottom borders on then the final border which will be the border print. Woo hoo another one "almost" off the list. I only have 3 flowers to applique on and then I will sew the final borders on my little lap quilt, which I will do on Thursday. Then I only have to quilt these two quilts and I have finished 4 ufo's in the last 2 months SO can I start a new quilt can I huh huh huh !!!!!!!!! cause today the postie was extra nice to me and gave me a parcel of - you guessed it fabric.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Maybe I shouldn't have flipped the picture, but you will get the idea
    Karen

Mirabelle, you can always start a new quilt, no matter how many UFO's you have

Carrie, your block is so beautiful, I LOVE the colours! Great view from your back deck! I can imagine you love to live there!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh Carrie It's beautiful!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Calling all the 'Charlie Browns' where are you PCers??? Time for a round up and meeting in the virtual RV....too many are missing in action right now...but I can guess how busy you all are. I miss everyone....at least Mirabelle and Anael are talking on PC. Love the quilt colors Mirabelle and your solution looks good to me.

I am baking those Chocolate Cowboy cookies, so meet me at the Virtual RV....have coffee, tea, or your choice with cookies.

Had high winds last night; it took the dog run and wrapped it around a tree....nothing in the dog run, just had tarps wrapped over and around it. Got two to three inches of rain.

Good morning all-- (evening to a couple of you)

Karen-your quilt is turning out very pretty.

QNS-cookies sound yummy. We had high winds, but only about 1/2" of rain. Power blinked but didn't stay off like in surrounding areas. No damage other than flowers pots blown over.

[QUOTE=QuiltingNinaSue;6073373]

Dublb, just realized I brought a machine like you got back in time to PC page 95. Amazing what you can learn by rereading our PC section...how many patterns do you have for your 340 Deco? Have you had your lessons and used it yet?

I just love my Deco! I need ta go back & git more lessons ta learn how ta use the alphabet & how ta git more patterns off the internet. It has 100 patterns w/it & so far I have just used the ones that are on it.
    Bev

There is so much agoin' on & I wanted ta say so much. I don't remember what I was gonna say. LOL I accidentally posted the picts o' my chest on the FCC thread. Sigh, I guess I'm a bit tired from runnin' around town & lookin' at houses ta consider. I'm headed outta town for a road trip w/my retreat friends. We will be goin' ta Kentucky, just outside o' Louisville. I'll be gone for 10 days. DH wants me ta leave my laptop so he can load Mountain Lion on it while I'm gone. Oh well I'll git more sewin' done this way.
    Bev

Hellloooooo!!!
    Flowers are planted ... and now please Let It Rain!!
    Believe it or not, I am not too achy-breaky-stiff-and-sore.
    Just a little, which is just fine with me!

So now life can get back to normal ... or as normal as that is for me!

This afternoon, I promise, I'll get a pic of my MB that arrived from ___________ (gotta keep the suspense going!). And if DDamsel is real lucky, my GFGs might even have their Kodak Moment in the sun!

And now, I'm off to read all the posts that I've missed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I've made some Blueberry Jam Tea to go with QNSue's Chocolate Cowboy Cookies in the RV ...........
    (yes JanieW, it's David's ... OK, but not as good as many)

CarrieM ... Congratulations to your kids! Your wedding quilt is going to be very rich looking. What a grand back yard. Is your front, much the same?

QNSue ... glad that your storm damage was minimal. Did you get to use your new machine knowledge since your course? And now off to another round on Thursday!

QNSue and JanieW ... great photos of all things! Especially the wisteria, that has me wanting to see one IRL. Of course, I want a Rocky Mountain Variety one, to keep it Canadian!

JanieW .. you'll have to photoshop the yellow roses to pink for your Alberta Rose or else it'll be confused with Texas!

OKSGlad ... when I watch Alex from now on, I'll know you are watching it with me! Wonder if we get the same show or in a different sequence?

MiraB ... great solution for your Lemonade Quilt, as OKSGlad tagged it! I'm anxious to see what your bordering will be like. Of course, go and start a new quilt!

DublB ... that's some retreat ... ten days! ENJOY!

Now I'm into catch up mode from the week away, the week of catch up and then the half week of gardening!!! All is good!

QE the retreat is for Thurs - Sun. But I gotta git there & git back. 3 days ta git there & 4 days back. On the way back we are gonna stop in Paducah. Can't miss that opportunity.
    Bev

Ok gals more pictures not of the storm damage last night but the columbines are in full bloom now: purple, pink/red, orange,and two colorsName:  DSCN0031.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  211.9 KBName:  DSCN0030.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  213.5 KBName:  DSCN0033.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  222.6 KBName:  DSCN0035.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  307.2 KBooooooops sideways on that last one.

And then the Oriole (Baltimore) nest in the tulip tree over the garden area in that string constructed nest:

Name:  DSCN0037.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  348.7 KBName:  DSCN0038.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  170.3 KB

QuiltE, you can have our rain! We've had about 3 days of sunshine and rain every day after that It has been raining all afternoon, our gardens have had enough!! So please let it stop

QNS, beautiful pictures! ! !

QNSue ... ooooooooh those columbines are absolutely beautiful! I have them growing wild in my bush. Would love to get them growing in my flower beds. Now if I could only find someone with a growthy patchy like yours, so I could dig a few up and move them in!

DublB ... you ladies take this serious road trip plus retreat!

Anael ... yes, I will accept that rain ... just so long as it knows when to STOP!

No QuiltE, it doesn't know when to stop but you can't have it all

Page 154 of 542 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 153 154 155 164 204 254 ... LastLast