Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 204 of 542 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 203 204 205 214 254 304 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

A thought for those who make things in their slow cooker/crockpots....the liners (plastic bags) make clean up so easy! They don't cost much either.

While you are sharing recipes, I need to make 3 or 4 pans of bars for an upcoming benefit for one of the ladies that works with my husband (both she and her husband have different types of cancer). Have any tried and true recipes to share? I might go easy on a couple of them (brownies w/frosting, chocolate chip bars), but am thinking something else for the other 2...

DD, you gave me a good laugh!

Honchey if your lard/oil question was about the Toad in the Hole, I put a big chunk, maybe a couple of Tablespoon, depends on the size of pan, you want it to cover the bottom of the pan.

QuiltE, I think they call the egg in the hole in toast Toad in the hole, too, but the real stuff is sausages with Yorkshire pudding.

Jeanie, so good to read that you have got the reno work started.

Carrie,

Hope that shoulder mends soon. Shoulder pain is not fun I know. I sewed a bit yesterday and am doing more today. Feels good. When ever I have to bake squares, I try to do something different than chocolate so I make Butter Tart Squares. This recipe is very similar to what I make. They taste just like butter tarts, but without the fuss of making tart shells.

http://www.food.com/recipe/butter-tart-squares-164853

My break is over.... back to sorting out the messiest sewing room. It looks like a goat exploded!

QuiltE, I still don't have a slow cooker and my company came after dinner so no Mess here
    Besides, I would have to eat it all by myself and as you said, too dangerous
    Most of the American recipes have at least 1 ingredient I can't get here, lucky me
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Janie, thanks for the recipe! I can make those Butter Tart Squares and I guess I will but not today. Maybe on Saturday. Have to run some errands before starting those squares. They look delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    You lost me on that ...............

If you want a smaller batch, what about a single pouch cake mix and 1/2 pudding mix then 1/2 the rest of ingredients?
    I was referring to the toad in the hole....
    Last edited by Honchey; 07-18-2013 at 02:10 PM.

SYE hexagon part done...
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK ya'll I had a crazy day. I did go & git a FW. I decided that ta git the one that was the best price 'cause I think I can fix teh bobbin & feed dogs. There was a young mother there lookin' at one o' the other ones & she said that she wouldn't know how ta fix the broke one. I got mine for $125 & the other 2 were $195. I'm happy about it. I git ta play w/it.
    When I got home my DM called & my Great Aunt is in the hospital. She has double pneumonia, sepsis, had a heart attack, & is in congestive heart failure. I went & spelled my DM from 1:30 till 3:30. I then went & sat with my DGM (Great Aunt's big sister) who is at home & not at the hospital. DGM was afraid that they didn't want her there 'cause DGA was dyin'. I told her that we didn't want her there 'cause DGA is contagious. It helped DGM feel better.

Now I'm home & very tired. I think there is somethin' in the air at hospitals that just sucks all the energy right out o' ya.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Carrie, that looks like a perfect pieced block to me. Somewhere I have the neighbor's recipe for Apple Brownies; my dh informed me that brownies were suppose to be chocolate not apple. A tart lemon bar might be a hit since it is summer time.

Dublb, if you made yourself happy today, then be a happy new owner of the FW. It is good of you to help care for the seniors in your family.

Great recipes, folks...have not heard of some of them but it sounds very good...I have been 'too' busy in the kitchen and the refrigerator is beginning to get so loaded its hard to get things in and out of it. Going to have an Ice Cream soda to night, a strawberry one, I think.

Put my new cutting table together this afternoon; was not hard to do. It came from Jo Anne's and is another 5 inches taller than the table I have been using. But it does fold down and takes up less space and makes use of the 60 inch cutting mat.

Bev--so sorry to hear about your DGA. Praying for her, you, your DM and DGM...and all the other family during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    SYE hexagon part done...
    Carriem, pretty, pretty block.....How do you get both photos posted together like that???

JeanieG ... oh how exciting that they have progressed so quickly. And that you have been working away on Pony #2 too!

DDamsel
    ... My goodness OJ Jelly is totally intriguing. As for your Frogs Eyes ........... tapioca??

CarrieM ... How about Lemon Bars? and Butter Tart Squares? (and I typed both of those before I saw that JanieW and QNSue suggested them, GMTA ... so now you HAVE to make them!! Right?) Both are a nice switch from all the chocolate ones! Great SYE#1!! And looks all nice and flat and even, right? Onwards to #2?

JanieW ... thanks! Now I know I am not fully going off the deep end and there are TWO Toads! So the goat exploded!!!! *giggles*

Anael ... So what ingredient did you mnot have this time? (or was it just the crock that was missing?). You;re going to have to get a crock pot before winter.

Honchey ... welllllllllllll you had been asking about THE Mess!!! OK, one track mind. Again, let's blame it on the heat!

DublB ... a good news and bad news day. Sorry about your DGA and it'll be hard on your DGM.

All this Soda talk ... is that the same as a Float?
    Now you have me wanting a Root Beer float ... luckily I do not have any vanilla ice cream and I do not think I'd like it with chocolate ice cream. ICk!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

My Mom was always known for her Lemon Butter Tarts with real lemon juice and rind (not Lemon Meringue) but baked. This simplifies the work of making the tarts and became a favourite of mine right from the first bite!

Just in case you don't have the recipe, here's mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lemon Squares
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mix together
    2 cups flour
    1 cup soft butter
    cup icing sugar

Press into ungreased 9"x13" pan.
    Bake 15 minutes at 350F.

Meanwhile, beat for 3 minutes til fluffy
    4 eggs
    2 cups sugar
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 cup lemon juice

Pour over hot crust.
    Bake 15-20 minutes longer just til imprint remains when lightly touched in centre.
    Cool, before cutting cut into squares.

**Hint** I stick right there with the oven. When they are ready to come out of the oven, they need to get right out. A minute or two extra and they get overcooked and are just not so nice.

Flavoring in the bottom of the glass, about 3 Tablespoons, Milk a quarter of an inch, Club soda up with in couple of inches of the top, and put a scoop or two of ice cream in it and enjoy. From food network.

QNS--which table did you get from JoAnn's? My block went together pretty easily...it will be hard not to continue. Good thing I have other projects I want to finish.

Bev--hope you can bring the FW back...looks like you got a good price.

Thanks for the bar ideas and recipes. I was thinking maybe lemon too.

Honchey--On my block, I just added one photo and then the other before posting. Not sure if maybe the size of the file makes it looks like they were posted together?

QE I sent your Lemon Bars recipe ta my DD she has fond memories o' my DMIL makin' Lemon bars for her. I'd like ta know what is icing sugar. Is it powdered sugar.
    Bev

Yes, icing sugar is the fine powdered sugar you use to make icing!

Anael ... you can buy that, right?

DD is just gonna be jumpin' for joy ta git this recipe. Thanks so much QE!
    Bev

You're welcome ... I hope she likes it.

Carrie, the Home Hobby Sullivan Cutting Table is 35" x 36" x 59"(Length) weight 57 pounds. Folds to 13" (wide)x 35 x 36" Listed for $129.00 and you can get an ironing board pad for it according to the box. I used my coupon for $$ off. Office Depot was supposed to get a four foot table to me today. Need to look into that tomorrow. Good Night, everyone.

I'm sure she will 'cause she has been lookin' for a recipe for 'em a li'le bit. (PS don't tell her that I wrote such a bad sentence, 'cause she is an English teacher.)
    Bev

MB was mailed taday & the pic was submitted for Anael's approval just now.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Yes, icing sugar is the fine powdered sugar you use to make icing!

Anael ... you can buy that, right?
    Yes I can I have to do a search for chocolate chips as I don't know them (for the Mess recipe). And you're right, I may need a crock pot

Bev, I just approved your block! It's lovely! !

It is late Friday night and OMG I just TRIED to catch up on the chatter and my brain hurts. I am going to bed and tomorrow will go back and reread the posts. So much going on girls little old me can't keep up I do like the SYE block Carriem, think I may have talked DD into doing it with us.. goodnight and sweet dreams everyone
    Karen

No chatter this morning; guess everyone is busy sewing up a storm to break this hot weather.

Ok got an update on DGA. Her fever broke! Her Shingles have comeback. She has suffered w/Shingles off & on for over a decade. I think it was in remission for the last 2. It even took one o' her eyes. We all will have ta wear paper gowns & masks in her room. I think the Dr finally convinced her that she needed the C-pac. She was complainin' so very much about it. She refused ta go ta sleep all day yesterday 'cause she was afraid that she would never wake up. The Dr finally ordered a sedative for her last night. Anyway thanks for all o' ya'lls prayers!
    Bev

Page 204 of 542 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 203 204 205 214 254 304 ... LastLast