Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 10-27-2015, 09:10 PM

Glad you escaped the flooding dublb - I as worried about you.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:30 AM

Interesting to hear everyone's news.... Hope you are on the mend, those that are out of sorts, and hope home welcomes the one that have been away from it...
I've finished the baby quilt for my new granddaughter.
Attached Thumbnails claires-baby-quilt.jpg  
Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 AM

Cute baby quilt Givio! I can see her dragging this around as her favorite!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

Sew cute...it will be well loved, givio
Old 10-28-2015, 04:16 PM

Love that, Givio. Lovely little girl quilt.

OK have you heard of Tempo SC Ultra from MFA farm store that kills all the crawly bugs (spiders, etc, ) once a year spray, inside and outside kills all spiders, etc. Does not harm animals or people, and all the 'bugs' come out into the middle of the floor and die, so all you have to do is to swept them up and dispose of them. You can use it safely inside the kitchen, sheds and garage area, inside and out. Our neighbor put me onto it and we are going to try it and see what luck we have. I will ocnsider $12.50 well spent if it kills all the spiders for a year, inside and out...everywhere.

Dh's hip is better today. He drove us to town and back, and got out of the car a couple of times for a hair cut and to get a drain pipe he wants to use as a chicken feeder. I got a Pork Roast, added our canned apple pint and brown sugar to it and apple cider to the roast. It came out very tender and Dh can eat it without any teeth. Still need to contact a dentist to have the right person look at his gums and see what the problem is that he has in his gums. He cannot wear his new teeth at all...with his gums swelling up so much.

Got Dotty finished yesterday....so I am ready for next week on FW 1930. See if I can sew a bit on one UFO tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:09 PM

Givio, cute quilt for your DGD. I just finished sewing down the binding on my DGS's Pittsburgh Penguins throw for Christmas.[ATTACH=CONFIG]534471[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails penguins-quilt.jpg  
Old 10-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

How many quilts left to bind, Jan? Ladies, if the Reno takes too long we may need an intervention for the Steelers can....

Not familiar with that product QNS...doing a Google search now...MrOK and I went for a drive today to pick up farm supplies..Got bird seed...37* according to radio late this afternoon..some whilst stuff blew across the road...I'm calling it sleet...here's a pdf link

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...Xzx2A1-OdO0Qgw

I think it's pretty strong stuff IMHO

Tomorrow is another bill paying day..Work on Friday..later

Last edited by oksewglad; 10-28-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:19 PM

Thanks, OK, I printed it off to read. It has no odor. Small dogs have played after its dried and had no effect on them or any human in the area regardless of age according to the neighbor who is a very strong family person...she had eight kids...now has DGC and GGC who visit her place a lot and babies that crawl on the floor. she has used it for several years, but formulas change without us being aware of them.

Nice quilt, JanRN. I am not a sports fan, I guess. Watch very few games every year.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:44 AM

Ninasue, have you tried DE?

Well, I just really haven't felt into the fws blocks this week for some reason. Maybe I'll work on crystal tonight, but I am giving myself a pass on daffodil. I just don't like that block at all and refuse to spend my limited, and therefore valuable, sewing time fighting with her. I'm working on a simple throw for our couch out of a couple charm packs. Going to do a simple hst design, but can't decide if I should do one block, or a sampler. I'm thinking a simple Ohio star will do. Finished blocks will be 16" so there will only be 12, plus the border. Got them all sewed the last two nights, and tonight I plan to press and trim. Sometimes its nice to do something a little simple!

Other projects in the works include, but aren't limited to the following:

1. Queen bed quilt in progress from these blocks: http://wombatquilts.com/2015/10/05/h...broken-dishes/ I'm doing 3 colors - blue, aqua, and pink, all in bright jewel tones with low volume. Some will be the color scheme she did hers in, but others will reverse the color/background areas. It's a fun block that comes together really quickly. This is a long term project, and I'm in no rush with it.

2. Mom's table runner and placemats for thanksgiving - haven't worked on these in a while, I should probably open that bin and reassess where I am since thanksgiving is right around the corner! Also, I really should just bang this one out. Once it's finished, all of my deadline projects will be done. Might make some simple gifts for family members for christmas, but haven't decided. I really kind of want to have something in my apartment that I made.

3. FWS - don't wanna talk about it.

4. There's gotta be more...
Old 10-29-2015, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

I checked out the combat quilts site, Nice colorway to use with these blocks...please share...this would be a nice pattern for any colorway...Very geometric...

Think I'm calling it quits on Time to Commit. I'm running out of interesting fabric and just don't want a dog vomit quilt...so playing with settings etc. Organized my 3/4" strips by colors as I want to do some controlled scrappy mini logs....

Have a good day...