Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 11-14-2015, 04:37 PM

Thanks, Bev. All is well lthat ends well. Sounds like you will be moved in for Thanksgiving or at least by Christmas to Brady, Bev.

Sonny days here and cool weather, it feels to great outside. May it be a good day for you at your location.

Bathroom soon too be done, JanRN, it sounds exciting, like you can hardly wait! LOL!
Old 11-14-2015, 05:45 PM

Well not by Thanksgiving but I sure do hope that we will be by Christmas. We are gonna have Thanksgiving there though. Several of us will be there.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:50 AM

Good morning ya'll! How are ya all? Yesterday #2DSon had a stomach bug. At first we thought it was his spastic stomach valve but, if ti was that, it would have been OK after a bit & he didn't get better till about 7:00pm. He also ran a low grade fever. Anyway the afternoon & evening was spent watching Net Flix w/him. I think the best thing I did for him was make him some ginger tea.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Good morning...a beautiful day again, but these are numbered as we head toward Thanksgiving and cold weather starts to set in...was reminded this morning that Advent begins in 2 weeks...

I only work one day next week, but have plenty to do...5 of the DGD's have Am Girl dolls so think I will make some clothes for them...so need to get started on that. Want to finish my blue FWS project and Time to Commit. I have quilting and bindings done on 11 minis posted earlier this fall...yeah. Maybe the tree will go up early this year to hang these on.

Yeah. Jan can get back to being her own sweet self once she gets sewing again...I think we all desire the calming influence quilting has on us.

Gotta run #3 son is on the phone...
Old 11-15-2015, 02:53 PM

I love the AmGirl dolls, OK. Nice that you can make the outfits for them; I've seen the prices of some of their clothes and they cost as much as real people clothes. That's how I started sewing when I was real young--made doll clothes for Betsy Wetsy--LOL anyone remember Betsy Wetsy?

Finally got back to sewing this week-end (wouldn't say I'm sweet but I'm not such a shrew LOL). Found a pattern for a really cute Moose wallhanging--want it to hang on my front door for Christmas. How hard can a Moose be she asks--damn hard!! Think Pam Bono pattern hard--each row is made up of blocks that are made up of segments sewn on top of one another then joined. Make sense? NO!! It's taken me one day to make each row--I have 3 out of 27 rows done so I'll be cutting it close for Christmas. At least I'm sewing and in my happy zone!
Old 11-16-2015, 02:12 PM

Old 11-16-2015, 02:21 PM

I'd eat all the Oreos before I got the recipe made!!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 08:11 AM

Jan, Betsy Wetsy! lol I remember the name, but not the doll... I had Chatty Cathy. Pulled a string on the back of her and it set in motion something inside her that produced a little recording. I don't remember what she said, but it was enchanting. She didn't need more than her pink pin-striped dress because-- she could talk! lol

Oksewglad, I sewed some clothes for my granddaughter's doll, that is the same size as an American girl doll. She looks American, but she's from China . :-p Wow, what a fun size doll for making clothes! Not too small to get frustrated, not too big to take a lot of fabric and notions. But... every time I go to visit my granddaughter the doll is naked. I have some homemade patterns that can start your imagination going. Let me know if you want them.

Last edited by givio; 11-17-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the offer, givio...I have found some on line...I'm thinking simple ones for sure. If you line bodies it's easier than facing and seam finishes.

Have a baby shower this weekend...sewed a flannel receiving blanket and some flannel burp cloths...picked up a couple sippy cups cuz in too short a time she will be using one.

DS sent video of littlest Grand scooting across the floor....always amazed at their determination and drive...

We are scheduled for snow and cold this week end...fall ends with a bang...
Old 11-19-2015, 02:38 PM

Need a favor from yinz, something personal. Please pray that my son gets home safely. He had to fly to Brussels, Belgium on Monday and is scheduled to come home Saturday. Got a text from him that flights are being cancelled due to threats. I want him home!!! He travels a lot for work and I'm always uneasy until he's home but this time I'm almost paralyzed with worry; I haven't slept since he left (finished my moose doorhanging due to insomnia). I'm usually not this anxious but of all places to go and of all times to go overseas this is frightening. Thanks ladies--I know I can count on yinz all!