Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 153 of 542 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Oh Anne! I didn't take before picts. I did drink a lotta water!
    After I put the second coat on I noticed that the drawers were dry. I came in the house & read the directions again. The warnin was ta be sure that the second coat was dry ta the touch before puttin' the glaze on. Hmmm I guess the high temps is the reason but the whole thing was dry! I went ahead & put the glaze on. OMGoodness what a difference! It is gonna be beautiful! I got the Gunstock color & it does look like walnut. Tamarrow I'll put the top coat on.

I'm headed ta bed now.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Yup, Mirabelle...I'm a little confused. You said you have enough border fabric to put between the embroideried/ pieced panels and then you say you are 3 inches too short. .???? I know I'm missing something. What fabric was originally planned for between the embroideried/ pieced panels? This is a formal type setting so could you add a small embroideried medallion block in that fabric to compliment what you've already done and it would be long enough?

So sorry for the confusion, ok the first photo shows the embroidered panel in the centre of the pieced panel, this embroidered panel is too tooo tooooo long for the pieced panel. (and I have made 2 of them) I have just quickly laid it on the floor so you can get the idea of what I am talking about.

The second photo is of a piece of border fabric that I am thinking of using instead of the too tooo tooooooo long embroidery. So my questions was do you think this border fabric would work ?????????????? I may put a 1 inch strip of green either side of this fabric to make it come up to a decent size otherwise I will have a very narrow and long quilt top. I have enough border fabric as it is folded over in the pic

Clear as mud in my muddled brain, I gotta lie down this is too hard for my pea brain
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Alright, now I understand......isn't this the piece where you were unpicking the embroidery?? ..I think You posted a photo of what you were trying to remove??? I guess that didn't work out?? I thought the black center border was the one that wasn't working...I think that will work....You have to like it...

Yes Anne I did unpick 12,000 stitches, I have had it laid out all morning and the more I look at it the more I like it. Just starting to cut the border fabric and hopefully will get some borders sewn on today....Thank you for your help, and sorry I was so muddled up with what I was trying to convey to you. Sometimes the brain works at a different speed than the mouth or doesn't work at all
    Karen

If you're still here...who is the author of theFabulous fat quarter bags....there is more than one book by that name...

Susan Briscoe
    Karen

Anne this is what the front of the book looks like, sometimes it is easier if you know whats on the cover
    Karen

Mirabelle, now I understand your problem. I like the black flowery fabric a lot and I think it's going to make a beautiful quilt. Do you have any idea what you're going to do with the embroidered panel?
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Anne I know you meant the book I made my FFC project out of right

Ok this is what I have come up with so far, what do you think. I am planning on quilting this in 2 sections then the borders, it will be easier on my neck, back and shoulders. (still waiting on the massage from DD after quilting Card Tricks)

Now I am going to bath my dirty little dog who also needs a haircut
    Karen

YES, I love this! You might not like me anymore but I like this better than the embroideren panel

True friends tell it like it is Anael, I appreciate all the imput I have had with this, I finally feel like I am getting somewhere today. I only have 3 more flowers to applique on my Kim Deihl quilt and I have all the borders ready to go, might sit and stitch tonight while I watch the Aviator. I also made another MB yesterday, I only have 4 more to make and they look so good on my design wall

And the dog had a bath
    Karen

Anael the embroidered panel might just find itself hidden in the deep dark recesses of my fabric cupboard never to see the light of day again

Sammy had a haircut too and that look on his face says "I'm not happy with you Mum, you made me look pretty and I'm a boy"
    Karen

Oh the embroidered panel will see the light of day once again

Sammy looks cute with his new haircut but I can understand why he's not so happy with it. It will grow back but he might not know that

This is Isa, picture taken yesterday. She's in some kind of cuddle room with colored lights and soft music. There's lots to see for her. I don't know how you call it, here it's called 'snoezel kamer'.
    Name:  976862_373263956124319_300222420_o.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  385.8 KB

and another one:
    Name:  922167_373263889457659_537289921_o.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  412.4 KB

Beautiful photos of Isa, long time since I have been to a maternity hospital but I guess over here if they have them they would be a stimulus room, to stimulate the senses. She is definitely looking at something.
    Karen

She's following the coloured lights. We hope Bram can go there today too. They have to find a mobile device for his oxygen! Let's hope they found one. I will be going to the hospital in a few minutes.

Give them both a hug from me..
    Karen

Mirabelle....picture is worth a thousand words. I had forgotten what the embroideried panel looked like when you referred to the first picture, it didn't register. I also like the black strip with the green that you have settled on. I'm sure that the embrodiery panels will call to you for another time and won't live in the closet forever.
    Anael...Isa is just beautiful. It's wonderful how the science of preemies has advanced like it has!
    Dubib....keep preparing for the move. You can be ready at a moments notice that way.
    QNS...love the pictures of your spring flowers. Have you recovered from your class? Did you get all of your tables and machines set up now?
    It's a beautiful, sunny morning. Nothing special planned. My DH usually likes to hop in the truck and take a drive on Sunday so we'll see. Have a good day, everyone!

Here I am!
    Another good day in the garden
    ... and another today should finish the planting off.
    Then there's the maintenance!
    Believe it or not, that chiro on Friday did wonders
    ... or else by now, I'd be crawling.
    Just the normal stiff and sore.

Good to see that MiraBs back on track with that quilt. ITA with Anael ... the black floral works well with it. Could those embroidered panels be used in the border with one down each side? It'd be a shame to tuck them away. What will you use for the borders now that you have used the border fabric? Or do you have lots?

Precious pics of sweet Isa ... now IRL time with the SewGrands today, Anael.

Will catch up with everyone after the plant-a-thon is over!

Hot News ... I have my MB for this month!
    While out on the posy-run yesterday, I stopped at the PO and rescued it.
    Will leave you all in mystery til I get it photo'd.

To _______ who made it ........ absolutely wonderful! Perfect precision in your work, and the colours give that softness that I was looking for. You thought you were challenged in working with the lights/pastels? I'm already panicing about what I will do with them later! THANK YOU Dear Friend!

And now ....... I'm off to the flowers!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karen--I like what you have come up with. Maybe you can make a dresser or table runner (or 2 or 3) from the border panel? You could use them in the same room the quilt is being used. We gave our dogs baths last week...but then took the boat out yesterday and they *had to* go play on the sandbar with the kids and go "wading" too. They love the water (kids and dogs)! Due for another bath to get the sand off and river water smell out.

QNS--some more pretty flowers and the cat looks pretty too. The ducks sure have gotten big. I was going to take pictures of my house this morning and I woke up to rain! It has been predicted all week and this is the first day we got some. Everything is such a bright green out the windows now that the leaves are really growing on the trees.

Anael--some more good pictures of the twins. I really like the first one of Isa...she is so alert.

Bev--that sure is hot! Does your a/c keep up? Weather in Iowa has been strange this year...it gets hot, then cold then hot again. Yesterday was gorgeous...which was good since we were outside for much of it. I look forward to seeing your finished dresser.

Friday was a nice time with DH. Then I came home and got all the fabric sewn on the last few propellers (trimmed and pinned for last seam last night). I also got 6 of the 12 blocks sewn together for the wedding quilt.

The kids 3-D archery shoot went well. DS took a friend and we went early since they had to go mow lawns. Then I came home got cleaned up and went to a graduation party. After that DD and I went back and she shot (she was gone in the morning when I took the boys). DH had the boat ready when we got home so off we went again. We returned a little after they were doing awards so ran over (less than 5 miles away) to see if the kids had placed or won any door prizes. They did places for each grade, male and female (usually it is Elem, MS, and HS). DD (5th gr.) got 1st. DS (7th gr) got 1st and DS's friend (7th) got 3rd. They were all very excited to get a medal. Plus my kids each won arrows and DS's friend won a hat.

This afternoon I hope to spend some more time in the clubhouse.

Ggal and QE--you both posted while I was writing my "book" (above).

Ggal enjoy your peaceful day!

QE--have fun in the yard. My back is sore after all the walking on trails yesterday. I think if I had just done it once I would have been fine, but going through twice was a lot!

One more post from me...since it stopped raining I decided to get house pictures for QNS. I had to go to the clubhouse to get the camera so took a picture of one of the blocks for the new quilt I am working on. It is the same pattern (Roxanne's Log Cabin) that I made at my retreat in March. These are 4 of the 5 fabrics I'm using.

Oh my goodness Carriem!!!! Are you working your sewing elves overtime again????

Page 153 of 542 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 253 ... LastLast