Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 56 of 542 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Wonderful news Anael, sounds like you just took a deep breath and relaxed a little..but not too much...I hope you have a good nights sleep, you certainly need it.
    Karen

Yeah, the miracles twins are doing ok!!! What great news!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I think I am ready to show what a beautiful job Creekside did with my FWSQ that is 102x108:
    Name:  Farmer'sWifeSamperLQuilt.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  181.2 KBName:  Backsideof FWSQ.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  41.1 KBbackside shows details if you can see them. If QuiltE responds to my question I ask her I may show more here or go to FWSQ completed tops...as per her suggestion and of course PC ideas from you as well. IT"S DONE!!!!

Blog Entries
    Sweet baby news!

Oh you were posting as I was QNS and wow it looks wonderful. Like the border fabric.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 02-04-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

That sounds great Anael. Such sweet babies.
    My Apprentice is in town. I'm gonna see her & her baby on Wed.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh Sue! It's breathtakin'!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Ok, QuiltE and I have emailed each other and she says to post the close ups so :Name:  UpperleftFWSQ.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  118.5 KB upper left;

Name:  LowerleftsideFWSQ.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  115.3 KBlower left side. Name:  UpperRightFWSQ.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  141.2 KBUpper right side; lower right Name:  LowerRightFWSQ.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  136.6 KBside:

Center or Middle of theFWSQName:  CenterovFWSQ.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  115.0 KBTop border is views of the farm, the bottom border has the fence across it.

Wow-that is awesome!! It is so bright & cheery--just what I'd expect from you, QNS. You did an outstanding job. Pat yourself on the back.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

OMG that is one drop dead gorgeous quilt, it was well worth the wait QNS...

I don't know if this will work but I am not havng a fun time with this new camera. Will have to get DS to show me all the ins and outs as he has the same camera.
    The first 2 quilts are just scrappy and will go to a nursing home, the third one is machine embroider applique dinosaurs for the hospital and the butterfly quilt is one DD made and will also go to the hospital. I have since finished the dinosaurs and will post pics when it is quilted
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

QNS--WOW!!! That is a great quilt! You did an awesome job with all of those blocks.

Mirable--those are some fun little quilts for the hospital.

I was able to get the center blocks quilted on my PC quilt today. I will add the top and bottom sections by QAYG tomorrow and then quilt in those blocks.

QNS - your quilter did a fantastic job on your quilt! It is wonderful!

Mirabelle - I love your charity quilts - so bright and cheery! I know the recipients will just love them!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

QNSue .... absolutely wonderful!!!!! The colours are just so bright/cheery and so evenly balanced throughout. I like how the setting triangles are letting the blocks float. Very effective for the borders, the printed green and your border print. Beautiful! I noticed the extra work that your LAQ put into each of the cornerstone. Now that must have been tedious for her! Looks like a lot of detail done on the blocks, with unique quilting for each block according to the block design. So .... are you ready to head back and give her your PC to do?
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Now, I know you said this is going to DGS, though would you not use it for yourself for awhile first? I really think you should have the enjoyment of it yourself, before passing it on!

Anael ... oh such good news! I'm sure your DDIL/DS will find it quite a difference now with him back to work. It must be so tiring for her travelling to the hospital so much that I can understand her deciding to stay home a bit now. Plus of course time with her DS to let him know he's still important in their lives! Yea for all the progress the babies have both made!

Mirabel
    ... More great quilts all around! The first ... is that the D4P? The string quilt is always so inviting ... one of these days, I will have to do one, myself! Those dinos will be sure to put a smile on any sick child! And I can see a cute little girl adoring the butterfly!

Me? ... binding is partly done on the baby quilt!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE the first one is a Split 4 Patch, very easy to do. If you would like to know how to do it I think I took photos of the progress, was going to send to my girlfriend who is always looking for new ways to use up her fabric, so can post the how to pics. Just let me know
    Karen

QNS, wonderful! Now I see why I should use cornerstones. I often wondered how your colourful blocks would look together and now I know. It's all coming together and I LOVE it! Congrats on finishing !

Mirabelle, you're so right about me. Deep breath and not too much relaxed.
    Your quilts are gorgeous and I would love to know how to do that Split 4 Patch. The dinos and the butterfly quilt are lovely!

Isa had a quiet night. Bram had some problems: every time he was fed his heartbeat went down. Now he's getting his food in a constant flow and he's fine again, settled down and slept well.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    Lovely quilts mirabelle. I have always liked the DP4 patch over the DP9. Just seems to have more substance and although easy to do it looks more complicated than it is. The butterfly is gorgeous!
    Oh the babies continue to progress. Each day has it's ups and downs. It's so important for Mom and Dad to get their rest as well. That oldest one needs lots of love and attention too. Makes for a very emotional ride. I see the preemie babies in our family (oldest is not 17; a three year old; an 18 month old (our DGS Jackson) and a 8 month old) and they are one determined lot. What a miracle they truly are.
    Looking forward to see that baby quilt finished QE.

The news from this front. The BB's are done. Now to square up; trim threads and get them ready for mailing. Carrie I plan on mailing them on Wed. Will let you know for sure. I so enjoyed making "the block" and a treat to make special ones just for you folks! Time to call it a night. G
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Will post pics and how to tomorrow, just finished dinner and DH will be off to bed shortly as she has to be up at 3am to return to work.

I may have to make another block as I can't find the pics I had, gosh I am not having fun with cameras at the moment. DS is coming over tomorrow to help.....
    Karen

GoodMorning Everyone

NinaSue!!! your quilt is SPECTACULAR! how incredible that your personality is reflected in your quilt
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

MiraB ... yes, please .. I think I know how, but always interested to see how someone else does it, and with you, no doubt will learn some trips and tricks to ease and simplify the process! As with me with my computer and now you with your camera, do not fret ... before long, you'll be good friends!

OKSGlad ... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on your BB finish! Good wording ... the D4P has more substance than the D9P. Wonder why it has not been as common as the D9P? And yes, hopefully today I'll finish up the quilt ... complete with a stripe multi-coloured binding, as per your suggestion!

Anael ... so does this mean you are now planning a cornerstone project? Another benefit, you can keep squaring with every sashing and cornerstone added. Guess Bram just wanted to keep the food coming ... typical boy!

And because QNSue is humble ... I just want to make sure that knows about her thread with her FWS quilt posted so y'all can trot on over! ..............
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5839497
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I guess so QuiltE
    This morning the neonatologist scared the dickens out of my DDIL. She got a phonecall from the hospital!! Almost got a heartattack. The neonatologist just wanted to tell her Bram is put back on the ventilator, things were going a bit too fast for him and he couldn't adjust.

I could use the cornerstones with my FWS, like QNS did. I've never done cornerstones before so I think I will give it a try. Not that I do much quilting these days.........I'm still running around like a headless chicken
    Last night I had my first meeting in weeks and I didn't enjoy it very much. I kept looking at my phone, hoping it wouldn't ring. Tonight another meeting and tomorrow night the last one.

Now I'm trotting over to the FWS quilt thread

So much chatter since I've commented. ANEAL....so wonderful that your little ones continue to strengthen and grow. QNS....FWS is beautiful. It deserves a bed to cover or a wall to hang on where you can see it everyday. CARRRIE...let me know what day you want to make Threads a pit stop and I'll make every effort to be there. Remind the passengers that there is always a pot of coffee and fresh cookies. MIRABELLE..your output amazes me, both in quantity and beauty. JAN....it must be time for us to settle in on the next project. Have you seen the new free BOM from Jinney Beyers? It has compass and star blocks but she likes to work with borders so they have a very different look. QUILTE...I can see the baby quilt has cut the ponies off at the pass since there have been no new blocks for several days. JEANIE...congratulations on getting Easy Street together. Mine is still waiting. HONCHEY...I'll be glad when you have better access to Internet. I miss your regular input.
    last Friday I did get to see Marianne and Mary Fons. It was late in the afternoon and not the best time of the day for me so I know my eyes were closed for some of the slides. Saw a couple of wonderful quilt shops. I've never seen so many bolts if fabric in one place in my life! Forced myself to buy some fabric even if I didn't have a plan for them. Have 4 more row to join and then borders in my PC. I did find border fabric Friday and I'm ready to get going on that.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 02-05-2013 at 06:19 AM.

GG, did you receive the February newsletter from Jinney Beyer already? I just signed up for it and I might have missed it.

Yes, I received my JB monthly newsletter and I liked her new BOM pattern...I second the motion that we consider it.

I too just signed up for Jinny Beyer's newsletter...I really like the look of that Solstice quilt. It doesn't look like Feb has been added to the website yet Anael...I found this page: http://www.jinnybeyer.com/news-event....cfm?year=2013 where past ones are posted.

Thanks Carrie. I didn't realize the newsletters are online too. I should be awake by now, it's 5 am here!

Dubib....just remembered your odor problem....Fabriz really works as good as advertised. We once had gasoline spilled inside the car and it took care of that.
    yes I did get my February newsletter from Jinny. Here is the link to the Soltice BOM. http://www.jinnybeyer.com/promos/sol...dium=eemailing
    I can see that there is a lot if fussy cutting hence a lot of waste but her patterns could be done with regular prints too but would have a different affect. And Jan there are some Y seams but you could do the block as machine appliqué and get good results. Either way, this would be a challenging project which would stretch our skills.

Page 56 of 542 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 106 156 ... LastLast