Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 167 of 542 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 166 167 168 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

For all you ladies...As soon as I put the sheets on they hopped in and said "this is so comfy"...I'm glad I could document their first together "sleepover"...
    The youngest napped 10 minutes after he got here....Matty & Tommy playing their "DS" part of the evening...then finally to "bed" at 10 p.m. Grandpa promised them Dunkin Donuts in the morning..
    Attached Images Attached Images

ah.....so cute! Those are moments to treasure for sure. Priceless. One picture is better than a thousand words. Enjoy. They grow up all toooooo soooooon.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    QNSue ... oh please do tell us all about your tripping around today!
    Raspberry Tea ... iced? or hot?
    I've never really gotten to like Iced Tea ... too sweet!

I drink Ice Tea all year round! I even think I am addicted to it! LOL And, I do not use any sweetner in either hot or ice tea! My folks did not drink tea sweetened, so that is how I grew up drinking it!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Honchey ... Oh so cute! Looks like Grandpa is just one of the boys ... asleep! You'll be a real hero with the boys, for letting them stay up SO late. Here's to a very sleepy night for everyone ... but be ready for an early start in the morning!

QNSue ... Busy day ... but weren't you supposed to be on a Shop Hop with your BF? As in LQS' and FARTs ... not feed stores, etc.? Sorry, but couldn;t find your panel.

JeanieG ... do you use the mixes? or just make with regular hot tea? While I don't drink Iced Tea ... I have always drank a lot of COLD hot tea!!! So could probably get into that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Honchey - thanks for sharing those cute photos of your grandsons! Looks like they are having a great time visiting!

QuiltE - I always start with hot tea!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Honchey - thanks for sharing those cute photos of your grandsons! Looks like they are having a great time visiting!

QuiltE - I always start with hot tea!
    JeanieG ... This may seem odd, but what do you do? Just hot tea, refrigerate, and then drink? or??

Sun tea is common thing here; setting the big jar out with water and tea bags and letting the sun heat up the water and make the tea.

Yes, QuiltE, yesterday was scheduled for a fun trip to Des Moines, but bf is back on 'baby watch' with her grandchild due any moment, so she cancelled. I was so tired and did not want to have to drive that far at 6 am yesterday. I often just look at http://www.equilter.com site and they said 1900 fabrics were on sale so I jumped in there and found the grouchy old ladybug; maybe she can be googled. I want bf's dd to deliver the baby so we can get into the Iowa Hop. Fingers crossed. DD has two teenagers, adopted the three young boys, and has an 18 month boy by a friend 'with privileges' and now is having a daughter by him anytime now. Wants her Mother to ride herd on the household while she is in the hospital. Bf puts family first, and that is OK by me.

I think, QuiltE, I can image the grouchy lady bug here:Name:  ANGROUWH.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  84.3 KBIsn't she cute??

They ended up on the floor before all was said & done and they are happily playing in the mess they made.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Watched with dismay this morning as two foxes played in an area I had just reclaimed from weeds and poison ivy and planted with hostas and petunias. Then my DH saw them a little later digging in the new bed I had made to border my box garden. We don't dare shoot in town or I might have tried! The fox population is growing in our neighborhood and something has to be done about it.
    Thanks all for posting flower pictures.
    DD...is that your DD or DGD? I'm confused. Did she sew the entire quilt?
    Carrie...your friend's wedding quilt is beautiful. I like those colors too.
    Honchey...what a sleepover! They will never forget it.
    QuiltE...suntea is probably the mildest and it sure is easy to make.
    QNS...the shop hop is all month but it sounds like you do pretty good locally too.
    Jeanie....more fires in CA. Any more close to you? The smoke sure wouldn't help either you or your husband? How is the remodel coming?
    Dubib...welcome back. I was sure too that you would have your MB...at least the replacement one from OK. She mentioned when she mailed it and I though it was just shortly after you left.
    Anael...oh to have the babies handy whenever you want to love on them. Does your DS realize that is he angry with Mick so much? He has it be tired and might not realize how short he is with Mick. Such an adjustment for everyone!
    Mirabelle....thinking of you. Your DH either is or soon will be going to work and you will be without your companion to keep you company....many {{{hugs}}}}!
    June's MB is ready to go but in a box so it doesn't jump in the mail too soon. I did cut some corner blocks for that special quilt and figured out the size. Under her breath...."control yourself, control yourself!" The quilt will go together pretty fast so I'm using it as a reward for the class project that is full if curves and fussy to sew. Almost done sewing the binding....by hand!....in the Utopia quilt...a M&M BOM from last year. A couple more waiting for binding...can you tell what is not my favorite activity? Off to a graduation this afternoon...have a good day everyone!

QNSue ... while I know you understand your BF being with her DD, I know you were looking forward to the mini-getaway. Grouchy Ladybug ... I don't think I'd want her! I'd be feeling all buggy!!!! Maybe Anael wants her for her DGS and his fantasy with the bugs?

Honchey ... Those photos make me smile!!!!! What a Grand Grandma you are and how many good memories you are instilling in them. Did your DH come thru with their Dunkin' Donuts? How old are the boys? For some reason, I was thinking they were much younger? And what else do you have planned for them today?

GGal ... oh how disappointing! Is it evil to HOPE that these foxes get poison ivied? The sad part is that there are townies who will be saying "save the foxes", will be feeding them in their yards ... and not considering the negatives of encouraging them. You can send your binding to me ... I don't mind doing it and actually find it quite relaxing. I just get onto the couch, have all the things I need within reach (needle, thread, scissors, hair clips for "pinning" the binding as I stitch and tea!) and turn on the TV with some nice music or a mindless show and go at it. By the time I get it that far, I am anxious to see it all finished. The binding makes it SO complete. Looks like you have been making good use of your new machine with lots of great projects almost done ... and more in the works too! You definitely need to go on that Shop Hop and get more!!!

MiraB ... missing you!!! and hoping that you'll come back to play with us again, soon! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Moi? ... have all the straight stitching done on the 3 Out to Pastures last night. Then made 2 placemat tops out of yet more of the leftovers ... they can give me some practice runs before I go at the rest of OTP. I love my new machine ... not so much the learning curve!!!! Now if only there was a magic wand to make the transitions instantaneous! Hey, a girl's gotta dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honchey--your GSs look liked they are having a great time.

QNS--we have that panel at the QS where I work. Along with the Hungry Caterpillar and a couple other Eric Carle panels (he is the author or the children's books, not the company who does the panels) and yardage to match.

Ggal--I am sorry to hear about the fox! Can they be trapped? Maybe call the city/animal control to see how to get rid of them?

On the subject of tea/coffee...I mostly stick to water. DH drinks tea all year round though. We boil water in the tea pot, pour it over tea bags in quart jars, seep until dark enough, remove bags, and store in the fridge. I just use Lipton Decaffeinated "Iced Tea" bags. When I want a hot drink on a cold day I do have chai tea once in a while.

No sewing this weekend. Gone most of Saturday at a family reunion...just MIL, youngest DD and I went. We stopped by a fun quilt shop on the way....got FQs to make myself and MIL each a purse. She hasn't been into a quilt shop in years so loved seeing all the fabrics and samples. It was fun to see her enjoying herself. MIL doesn't go far from home unless she has to, taking her 2hrs there and then back again was a long trip. Her family was very happy to see her (us).

GG - No fires near us, thank God! Nothing has been done on our kitchen for two weeks. It is a waiting game with the Insurance Co. in charge. I got all the estimates to him, and he has not done much with them. He sent the adjustor for our area back out on Saturday, as Serv Pro (the clean up Co.) had to tear out much more drywall from the kitchen than they had anticipated. He said he would call the Insurance Rep. but that won't be until Monday, so we are still in a holding pattern. The Contractor has to get in here and re-drywall and paint.

QuiltE - I have also made sun tea in the past. I usually make really strong tea, and dilute it with water. I recently puchased an ice tea maker, and am using that now.

QuiltE, no sleep overs yet. I can't handle Mick on my own as much as I would love to.
    And no grouchy Ladybugs either I still love the ones you found on the internet. One day I will make him a wall hanging with ladybugs marching on it. He still loves ladybugs!

Just jump in there with your new machine. When I found the BSR I took a practice piece and went for it.

Carrie, good you had a great time with your MIL.

Honchey, great pics of your family, thanks for sharing!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Today's pics of Bram and Isa
    Name:  463694_380585002058881_1757646777_o.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  466.5 KBName:  981166_380585948725453_1528820662_o.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  298.5 KB

I still haven't gone back & read all the back pages. I know there is alotta stuff I missed. I'm assuming that the twins are home??
    As for the tea I mostly drink it hot. I have a "water sterilization pot." It is just a pot that boils water. LOL I boil a cup at a time. If we want ice tea we brew a cup & pore it over ice. Neither o' us put any sweetener in our tea. Sometimes I make some o' the herbal teas at night.
    I'm headed out ta look at another house in a minuet. I looked at one, at about noon. It was out (in the country) on the road that my cousin' & Aunt & Uncle live on. It is a 25 min drive ta the hospital. They want too much for it. The one we are gonna look at next is in the Historical district. (I love the historical district.) I think the cedar trees will be a problem for me, but I'm not sure. It sits on a third o' an acre. The kitchen will need alotta work. (I've looked in the windows.)
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Glad you are looking again, Dublb. Its better to take your time, and decide what is right for you.

Anael, how sweet they both look!! Happy and content. May they always be so.

I took a short walk today, out our East Door and found:Name:  DSCN0054.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  58.9 KBName:  DSCN0055.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  41.6 KBName:  DSCN0056.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  25.4 KBName:  DSCN0057.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  41.7 KBFour kinds of clematis. Stepped around the corner and saw:Name:  DSCN0058.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  51.3 KBWhat was grower greener by the septic tank., Close up:Name:  DSCN0059.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  36.2 KBThere are five vines in all on five different posts.

And then I looked next to the house at all the promised Rose Garden:Name:  DSCN0068.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  30.9 KByoung buds ready to bloom; and some that had bloomed:Name:  DSCN0065.JPG
Size:  30.0 KBName:  DSCN0061.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  24.1 KBName:  DSCN0069.JPG
Size:  40.0 KBThanks for taking a walk with me.

Oh QNS, how beautiful. I want to live at your place

Bev, yes the twins are home. They came home last Monday night!

Anne, great pics of your family. Your DH looks like mine when he's "watching the news; I'm not sleeping" LOL. You must have had lots of fun.

Ggal, we don't have many foxes here but we are having raccoon problems. The trash cans line the alley behind our homes and those darn raccoons think they're at a buffet. I saw one that must weigh 40 pounds!! Doesn't matter how we secure the lids, they can open them. Smart little buggers.

QNS, I love your yard and want to come and play! I have one pot of geraniums and they look half dead already.

Jeanie, glad you're safe from the fires but I sure don't envy you and your kitchen situation. Been there...

Welcome back Bev, and good luck looking at houses. You will find the one that says "home".

Anael, I smile each time I see a pic of the twins. Thanks for keeping us updated.

QE, so you got the straight stitching done. Did you start the FMQ yet? I can't wait to see it.

Carrie, if I worked in a quilt store, I'd owe them on payday!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Hi everyone, will catch up on all the news when I have made a huge cup of coffee and am able to sit and read all that I have missed.
    Hugs to all of you
    Karen

Welcome back Mirabelle! (((HUGS))) Hope you are ok!

Thanks Anael, yes I am ok, just needed some time
    Karen

Time is yours, Mirabelle. Hugs from all of us to you.

Honchey, love the pictures of your dgs staying at grands house.

Anael, love the updated photos on the SEW GRANDS.

Sunshine today, bright and beautiful!! Sooooo much to doooo in the quilt room. Hope all has a good day!

Welcome back, Mirab, and you better make that 2 huge cups--we are chatty!! You've been missed and we've all been thinking about you.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I can't think of a better way to start the day, then a stroll amidst QNSue's floral haven ... beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your bounty with us!!!

CarrieM
    ... what a good DDIL you were, to take your MIL to the reunion! Good that you turned it into a FART, with new purses to follow for the two of you!

JeanieG ... A new week, and perhaps some progress with the insurance issues! I'm sure you are anxious to see some progress. Hope you are feeling better!

Anael ... ooooooooh the SewGrands really are SewGrand!! Thanks for the latest pics!!
    I know, it's all about practice practice practice ... which I worked on yesterday. However, I've never been good with imaginary things and do better with serious real things. So I have a feeling I will be just jumping in and hoping for the best!

JanRN ... yup straight stitching done and a lot of practicing. Yes, I was envious of you and your S16 for the high clearance and incredible visibility!!! I would feel like I was making progress and then ... would mess up on the routine! Practice Practice Practice!!! .... but I am not patient! Good Luck with those dastardly raccoons!

DublB ... You'll probably find the home you want ... when you least expect it!

MiraB ... Chances are you'll need more than that one cuppa ... how about the whole pot? or some espresso? Welcome Back!! ... I've missed you, but totally understand your need to allow yourself the time to recover. For now, maybe you just want to cuddle into your favourite quilt and be quiet? It's all about doing what works for you that is important. Take care!

Page 167 of 542 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 166 167 168 177 217 267 ... LastLast