Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 176 of 542 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 175 176 177 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

What a great idea ta have a nursery for the chicks! Some day I do want a Sweetsixteen. But I have enough stuff ta almost fill that room!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Barb, the Cabbage Rose is advertising in its newsletter, they have the fabric for sale in the quilt "across Texas" theme.

OKSGlad ... good for you, for the quick-trip for your big-trip! Well organized to have that done, instead of it being a last minute dash!

MiraB ... the weather is not looking good for outside shots. It's on my living room floor for now, so I might see if I can get something, somewhat acceptable for now. Yes! Yes!! YES!!!! add trip to Canada for QV!
    http://quiltcanada2014.wordpress.com...t-canada-2014/
    and only about 1-1/2 hrs from me ... plus you will get to see the famed Niagara Falls!

DublB ... I think QNSue has it right ... when you tell us about your quilting room, we'll know you're really serious! Good Luck! ........ Such familiarity to me as Odessa is about 3-1/2hrs drive to my east; Midland about 2-1/4 hrs north-east; Bridgeport 1/2 hr west!!!!

QNSue ... please heed GGal's thoughts and suggestions. Sometimes it is time to say "no", and step back from things/people. I like the alarm setting idea ... it would let your husband know you will be available later, but for now, you need your own time, for good health! And something that could be an ongoing strategy. After all, if you don't take care of yourself, no one else will ... and you won't be there to take care of your husband or others.

GGal ... I totally understand the picture dilemma ... what I am dealing with right now for my PC. So what would it take to bribe you?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Up from big nap at one o'clock...until now. I cut the kitchen work way back; and left the berries on the stove in pans. Dh is beginning to get the idea I need my rest.

BIL is coming down in the morning to help with the programing on embroidery machine...to understand how I need to download to load it into a flash drive for the Deco 340. That is all for tomorrow morning, then I am calling it a day again.

House keeping?????I don't see a thing wrong, but I am not looking.

Not the best pics, but about the best I can do til we get better weather!!
    (says she as it pours down from the heavens!)

When I gave my Pony to my LAQ, I told her, that while it was somewhat "kiddish" with the prints, I still wanted to keep it more adult-like. We talked about different border options that would look good, but were still too child-like. And others, that while adult, just didn't work for the mood of the quilt. I'm really pleased with what resulted!

I don't think you can see it, but in the background with the telephone, the LAQ wrote in three hello's and one bye! And take a look at my "Canadian block" for the extra Canadian additions she include in the print sections! Neat eh? There's quite a few other "extras' like that, that she has added in for little surprises along the way. She said she had so much fun quilting this one, for the extras she could work in. Plus her kids (5 between 6+16) had quite the time checking out my work, and making suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by QuiltE; 06-13-2013 at 01:01 PM.

And some back views ...

I love it!! How about a back side photo of the telephone 'cause the front does not let us see the 'hello' and good-bye or the Union Jack details.... but it looks so perfect!! And if that does not win ribbons, the judges are blind! Oh, Mercysland, is that not the best unique original from the PC???? Wonderful. Just wonderful!!!

I love it!!!! Well worth the wait to see it. Your blocks all go together so well, even your "critter" blocks. Colors are so balanced; you did an awesome job. MrJanRn had a complaint: the dog block should have been a Dalmatian LOL. I'm glad you showed the back-she added some nice extra details. QE, well done!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

QuiltE - that is as wonderful and your FWS Quilt! She is an amazing quilter! You tell her we all think so! Of course, she had all your marvelous blocks to follow. I am so impressed that she quilted each one so individually. That is so special to me! You know I am not a fan of "all over" stippling type quilting.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oh, oh, oh, I'm speechless!!! Grasping for words. It's just wonderful!!!
    Bev

QuiltE your Pony quilt is beautiful, I love everything tiny detail, and you LAQ did an awesome job, please let her know that she has some fans of her work. If it doesn't wins first prize the judge is a fool

Bev the other link worked and I finally got to see your new home (sending good vibes that they accept your offer). The rooms look huge and I love the big kitchen. Love the fireplace in the lounge room, very inviting.

QNS please take care of yourself.

I plan on getting the borders on Smith Mountain today and piecing the backing for my Not Marjen quilt...have a great day everyone
    Karen

First the best news. There is wet stuff fallin' from the sky!!!! It's supposed ta do that alot tanight! #2DSon started, hmmmm bouncin' is the only way ta describe it, & pointin' at the back window. Yes there is rain!!! We all went out & stood in it for a min. DSon's cat was very upset & came in shakin' her coat. LOL It was kinda funny seein' a 19 y/old (almost 20) so excited about rain.

I gave up on our real estate agent sendin' the papers & went ta see my friend. He finally got it to us, but I was in Odessa. When I got back th'sevenin' we got 'em signed & now they are off ta the other agent. I think we'll know sometime tamarrow.
    Bev

Got my fingers crossed, Barb. Don't care how old our children get, Barb, they can still surprise us. Just grab the neighbors and form a square...and dance the night away in the neighborhood...square dancing in the rain. LOL!!

I told my husband that my little Brother sewing machine was not going to last much longer. It was a cheapie from Amazon. It has been making some strange noises, and I had it serviced earlier in the year. I have been looking around and told him when it was my birthday I would wait and see what this little machine did, but keep my eye out for a new machine. Well, it is still running! I have a Baby Lock Quest that I purchased 2 years ago I have been using for my quilting. I always check out Craig's List in our area, and saw a Brother PQ1500s that a lady had for sale. She had it on there for several weeks, and I had read on this board that they were good for quilting. It is a straight stitch mechanical machine. She lowered the price to $400. I checked online and I could get a new one from $600 to $800. After reading the reviews, I decided to purchase the machine. So now, I will use my Baby Lock for piecing, and the new Brother for quilting. I am hoping I can fit my Baby Lock into my old Singer cabinet. I love that cabinet!

The lady had it all set up so I could sew on it. Oh my, it has a beautiful straight stitch. She does garment sewing, so was not using the machine very much (it has a 5" x 9" harp). She preferred her Bernina. She used this machine to sew her daughter's teams Flags when her daughter was doing that in school. She said she loved it for that sewing. It is a very fast machine. You always wonder, after the fact, if you made the right decision. I just ordered a SITD foot for it, as I use that a lot when I am quilting.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

The house looks very nice dublb. I hope that you can get it. I know homes can sell really fast in Midland.

Seven years ago my oldest son (single at the time) moved to Midland and now I have a total of two sons, one daughter, one son-in-law, one daughter-in-law, one grandbaby and another grandbaby on the way living in the Midland area. What a small world we live in!

JeanieG I hope you have lots of fun with your new machine, sounds great..

I have just finished putting the final border on Smith Mountain Morning and laid it out on my bed, will ring my LQS tomorrow and book it in to be quilted, probably in two weeks. yay another finish.
    Also took these photos at patchwork yesterday, the lap quilt is Late Bloomers by Kim Deihl and was on the front cover of Quiltmaker magazine and the other is Star Struck by Bonnie Hunter.

Phew I'm tired now

Karen

Great job, Mirabelle!! You are very productive. I am still stuck in 'how do I put this quilt room back to order?', so I am not going to stress out about it. Just live the way it is for a while. No rush on the job...still can sew on important things like I joined the Bonus Blocks together and love it. Finished the MB for June and sent it off; working on July and August and September.

Today I use the embroidery machine...and work with BIL on his guitar emboridered jean patches...emboridery done or satin stitched. Decision time...for the total lot of 90 blocks.

QuiltE, I can only echo what has been said. Gorgeous!! When I see yours I almost wish I finished all my blocks

QNS I hope you're better very soon! It's no fun bein tired all the time.

Mirabelle, beautiful quilts! Does your day have 36 hours?

Jeanie, congrats on your new machine! I don't know this one, it sounds great.

My keyboard is acting up I didn't do any sewing yesterday and today. I just went to Ikea and did some shopping, no fun stuf though!
    Tomorrow is twin time again - at least I hope so. I didn't speak to my DS today - thinking of it neither yesterday!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by mercysland* View Post
    The house looks very nice dublb. I hope that you can get it. I know homes can sell really fast in Midland.

Seven years ago my oldest son (single at the time) moved to Midland and now I have a total of two sons, one daughter, one son-in-law, one daughter-in-law, one grandbaby and another grandbaby on the way living in the Midland area. What a small world we live in!
    I remember that ya had commented once about havin' ties ta Midland. Most people are in awe when they here how the economy is great in Midland. It's so nice that ya have seen it. There isn't any housing here. I know I shouldn't be lookin' for a house in this sellers market but I really want ta start fresh! I will be able ta sell my house easily. We should hear somethin' th'safternoon.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    JeanieG I hope you have lots of fun with your new machine, sounds great..

I have just finished putting the final border on Smith Mountain Morning and laid it out on my bed, will ring my LQS tomorrow and book it in to be quilted, probably in two weeks. yay another finish.
    Also took these photos at patchwork yesterday, the lap quilt is Late Bloomers by Kim Deihl and was on the front cover of Quiltmaker magazine and the other is Star Struck by Bonnie Hunter.

Phew I'm tired now
    Gasp Karen!!! Your quilts are just lovely!!! I can definitely see how ya would be tired!!!! Just wonderful!
    Last edited by dublb; 06-14-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: I forgot the color
    Bev

Sue keep takin' it easy. Don't over do it. Huggs my friend.
    Oh goodie Anael! Ya git ta see the twins!
    Bev

No luck importing the scanned picture of the guitar into embroidery library. It will be a work in progress./will see what the company tells me about it since I asked them. BIL has gone home, did not want to stay for lunch and I did not want to fix anything, so sent the eggs and meat home with him to fix. Embroidery matter and fabric is tabled.

All action is tabled for the day. Just going to rest. Everyone have a great day.

Mirabelle, you simply amaze me at the amount of quilting you do. Those are all wonderful!

Huggs Sue! I do know if I get ta my LQS they will teach me how ta import those files but haven't found out how yet. Sorry I'm no help! Rest for a bit.
    Bev

This is Isa tonight. No pics of Bram as he was sleeping already.
    Name:  IMG_0023 (684 x 912).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  82.2 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Page 176 of 542 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 175 176 177 186 226 276 ... LastLast