Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 476 of 542 FirstFirst ... 376 426 466 475 476 477 486 526 ... LastLast
Results 11,876 to 11,900 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Rosy, we do have a guest room with a double and single bed in it. We could trade recipes and time in the kitchen and both of us learn something new! And the quilt room and EQ7 on the computer would be the icing on the 'cake'!

Actually got the guest room beds made up today, so there is progress on straightening up the house. With totes gone from the closet, there are more things that can be stored there, too. Just need to 'fine turn' some items yet, wash the remaining clothes and fabric in the boxes remaining yet. Have the vacuum seal bags to move all the knits into them and give away more clothing that I will never wear here. Not working that means I can literally wear blue jeans year around! Lost my Stack and Whack book again, but reordered a used replacement that will be here on the 1st of October, to see how the 'happy fabric' will work that pattern. Busy making a list of the vendors I want to see in DM on the 1st at the quilt show. All the favorite LA people will be there, the Bloc Loc business, etc., the list is growing.

Hope everyone had a good day. Enjoyed our conversation, Rosy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    What i wouldn't give to dine at your table just one time NS lol.

Ok, I went to that link and she uses stamps to make the houses? I do love the idea very much. It seems that all the houses are the same except the fabric use to make them look different. I am going to look in one of my software programs to see what's in there. It is a great way to use scraps. I will definitely look in to this lol...I will paper piece tho.....
    This started out as a sew along...one house a day or 366 blocks...2012 was a leap year.

I have the block done in EQ, Rosy...P.M. me your email address and I will send the PDF.

Yes she uses a stamp. Originally she used templates or PPing...then had the stamps made and thinks she now sells the stamps. I make a 3" block, but as you know I can make the PPing block whatever size you want. The more I sew little bits, the more I don't my mind my little imperfections. I try to sew them correctly, but if not exact I often just let it go. I know it would drive some people, but on this small of a scale it's not that important to me. That being said, there are times I am very picky and will aim for exact piecing. For my pieces I go through my "precuts" which are often trimmings from my quilt friends or projects of my own. I have developed the habit of cutting scraps into usable pieces as I go. So the houses are very serendipitous and not planned.

Wow you are making progress, QNS... Tonight I cleaned out my pattern drawer...threw away patterns that no longer fit and the ones I made for DD when she was in high school and college...LOL as she graduated from HS 25 years ago...yes time to pitch...keeping some of the tissue to use in a crafty way.

Trying to get some of this done before starting full-time.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks Honchey, I do have some of those saved lol. I did a couple houses in EQ 7 and made them PP at 6 inches square. Then I printed out one at 4 inches square. I will see how I like doing those and get back. I did print them out on freezer paper, so no sewing through the paper and that should work out just fine.

Nice chatting with today NS. I bet we would be riot sewing and cooking together lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Ok, I sent my email just now.

I have also been in a chuck and clean mode off and on lol. I still have the clothes to do and I have been doing this all along.....I am getting there little by little.

Found the noodles at Walmart no less lol.....

NS, I just finished cooking the noodles until very soft then I drained the water but leave a little to the bottom of the pot, added some powered consomme and some yellow and green sliced squash that I had sauteed with onions. MIxed that all up and it's so pretty and taste so good. Then I sauteed a big chicken breast with soy. After the chicken is done I slice it all up and lay it in the gravy......That was an easy dinner for two and oh so good! lol

Blog Entries
    I really like the Amish style noodles, too...perfect with my freshly canned beef...a family favorite of ours...
    Rosy. How's the house? Let's see it...what scraps did you use?
    Had everyone here for dinner this noon...goulash made with canned tomatoes and ground beef...a side of frozen corn 6yo Avery helped make a 9 x 13 pan of brownies..also had a fresh loaf of bread albeit from the bred maker...still tasty..
    Have a good Sunday...maybe MrOK and I will go to a matinee tomorrow...I see "Everest" is due out in theaters...he would like it...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Sounds good too, Rosy. I am surprised because Wal Mart does not carry the noodles here. dh loves those noodles iwth chicken or second choice is beef. Just finished off the beef and noodles yesterday. I cooked breakfast and stopped cooking today.

My hometown had their 'Pancake Day' celebration today I made waffles this morning and we celebrated at home without the crowds and blocked off streets due to construction that has lasted all summer long. Hard to get from point A to point B, so we put off or run once a month the places hard to navigate though road construction sites. Plus they do not allow horses in the parade, so that kills the joy for me since I rode in it when I was young with the Saddle Club. Guess there is not a Saddle Club any more, either.

What do you do with the keep sake memory stuff???? I keep some of the kid's work, prom pictures, essays that were in the top three in the district, some holiday cards and letters from by-gone days and deceased kin folks. It still brings me joy in looking at them again...so rather keep them . . have cut each box down at least 50%. Still washing clothes and fabric from the trailer brought into the house...and sorting them. I have casual dress pants that spans the rainbow collectively....especially red because that was the school colors. Have all of dh's Father's Loving Companion's crochet patterns, non-replaceable...in the memory stuff.All her knit fabric and patterns she used. Sigh, I feel a headache coming on...and where to store the memory items I saved back...probably end up in my room behind a big green chair. At least I will know where they are and what is there that matters to me, I guess.

Dh still wants s 'pouch' made yesterday...putting it together may take a while; and I don't have everything cleaned up yet. He keeps adding this and that to be included with the tablet, like wallet, billfold, cell phone, flashlight, small knife. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh Lord Nina, the memory stuff is so hard to get rid of even tho it's in a box in the closet and never moves lol.....I don't have time to go through it or many a better word is ...don't want to lol....

Today I took my swift out and wound up some yarn. I am knitting a stripped kitty, so fun. I spent the better part of the day surfing the web searching for kitties to knit, found a cute snake to, to make out of scap yarn lol....just made some powder buns, they are smelling up the whole house. Hubby came in from the dog racing and had a plate of noodles and chicken and a side of bun on his plate lol ...He is a happy man..

Ok those houses are the cutest. I have printed them out but will do them tomorrow ...I want to go knit the kitty lol

Happy birthday, QNS, and I wish you many, many more (to get those UFOs done LOL). Enjoy your special day!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Thanks, JanRN. Dh comes before the UFOs, so probably work on his 'pouch' today and clearing up the great room....dinning and living room combined into one room. Move the memory boxes to my room...fix the round steak as pepper steak for lunch...with french fries or American wedge fries. It is too many or too few years to worry about another year older...or just getting better...LOL!

Happy Birthday NS, like you I don't even remember mine lol...I just know I'll be 75 and I have to think real hard when somebody asks my age.

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Nina Sue. Happy Birthday to you. You know it is now legal to perform this in public without paying copyright fees......Have a great day...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Hope you have a wonderful day QNS! You are I are the same age, and you have much more energy than I do! Would hate to think of all that freezing and canning you do!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG, that energy level is debatable! Too many UFOs left untouched as the weeks seem to fly by. I envy you RV trips, enjoying the NW and Southern trips as well...so glad you two can enjoy and still take those trips! Dh is still trying to 'talk' me into going to Lincoln, NE to see daughter; but complains every time we journey to Kirksville on how it hurts his neck and back, so I don't think I want to start out with his attitude on traveling.

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes. Yes, Rosy, I cannot me, that has turned 73!

Here are my next two,
    Christmas Tree and cake stand. I don't know what happened to the CT block but it ended up short on some sides, I just added some green strips and you can't even tell lol.

Here is a thread I just posted here, it is strange about a strange thing lol

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post7329462

I used Rosy's jpg to make a 6" block. The roof is not a triangle in her pattern, like the houses in the blog that Ok posted, but it's still a cute pattern...

Gee Nina, I hope I'm not too late to wish you a very Happy Birthday.

OK, see what you started with the minis??? they certainly are addictive...

I started stitching my blocks for next week..I might have to post the new thread tomorrow night as I'll be on the road Tuesday... back to the sewing machine...later, H.

Blog Entries
    WTG givio....pm me your address if you want to go small as I have 3 and 4" PPing or template cutting. I altered the peak so that it is a right triangle for easier cutting.... I know I'm such a bad influence......

ooohhh The moon's rising over the trees right now...soon the show will begin....later
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Cute Givio....

Today was quiet once the kids were gone. Way too quiet. LOL It was nice too, though. Now isn't that wishy washy? LOL
    After they left for Corpus Christi DH & I listened to the Texans game on the radio. Then #2DSon came home & we watched 2 episodes of Blue Bloods. He left & then DH & I watched the movie The Tourist. While all of that TV watching was agoing on, I was deconstructing the red satin dress that I bought a few weeks ago & the white satin skirt I bought on Fri at the thrift store in San Angelo. I can't believe how many pieces of red satin I have!
    We also went out & saw the Blood Moon. Gosh that sure was purdy!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Thank you, Honchey, for Birthday wishes. Now I can relax for almost a whole year!...and not worry about ageing any more! LOL!

Nice blocks, Rosy.

Ok, I'd love to have the three and four inches as I have nothing much so do ! right on! I do admire them and who knows...I might just do a few. Can send you some back in return....church and school house and barn.

Off to do a wellness check up today. Giving blood today means results tomorrow. Have a good one, everyone.

Blog Entries
    I now have 80 house bases cut out ready to sew...as I watch my TV shows at night I will cut out roofs, peaks and skies. I will have more than 200 total, but then will have some extras to play with and use in small projects. Then think I will bring the little Janome up to the dining room and sew little houses in the evenings.

Today is bookwork day...tomorrow dental and car maintenance...always something...trying to get little projects out of the way work begins next week.

Have a good one...sending you an email QNS
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 476 of 542 FirstFirst ... 376 426 466 475 476 477 486 526 ... LastLast