Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 526 of 542 FirstFirst ... 26 426 476 516 525 526 527 536 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,150 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Me too. Love it. Thanks for the site...

Blog Entries
    Been a work in progress for 2 months...as if nothing else was on my plate
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Hey Ya'll. I hate red tape. Dh's DC hasn't been cremated as of yet. This sitting around waiting is driving me crazy. Well today we dicided to get busy in the sewing room. We took several, hmmmm about 10, sewing machines to the storage unit & put 'em in the bottom of the bookcases that were already there. Then we took 5 sewing machine cabinets. Gosh that doesn't look like that much written here but it sure took a lot outta us.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb, sounds like a few more steps has been gained in the moving process.

I almost have the grand baby girl's throw done for BF. two side borders and and i am done.. . . .will try to post tomorrow or Tuesday. Now to locate or substitute the baby star pattern for the quilt. Or do a quick log cabin.

And I have the two blocks done for FW 1930...if you are doing the queen size quilt, you can skip 5 blocks...it takes 94 blocks. But if you are doing the King Size, then add 22 more on top of the 99 blocks. Think I am voting for the Queen size, looking at so many little pieces in the block numbers of the 80s and 90s.

My little Bernina 1530 is being sent on into Chicago for repairs...fingers crossed they can fix it.They will return the machine to West DM.

Need to do a bit of house cleaning before BF comes in Tuesday evening. . . if she can find her bed, she will be happy. Love friends like that; they come ot see you and not your house! We will be sewing together the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Need to do a bit of house cleaning before BF comes in Tuesday evening. . . if she can find her bed, she will be happy. Love friends like that; they come ot see you and not your house! We will be sewing together the rest of the week.
    Yes, I would love to have a quilting friend like that.

Hope they can fix your machine, QNS.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lucky you QNS - I'm like sewbizgirl, I don't have any friends that quilt either!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

She does not quilt, she sews! Close enough to quilting that she will help put together a quilt for her new grand baby, a little girl so we are working in pink! looking at life through Rose colored glasses. Enjoy the day and the week... the sun is shlinning, garden is growing!

Blog Entries
    I'm lucky to have a couple of Quilt Buddies, but can't find the time to sew with them....okay off to work I go...an hour earlier today...don't forget to check the Row by Row link in post 13131.....it was my April and May ""creative" time. There's also a second large heart option that's not posted. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go......
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Good morning, everyone! Gladdie, your row design is precious. Did you design that for the quilt shop?

Hubby has been down with a toothache all weekend. He has a broken tooth which we fear has abscessed. Waiting to hear when the VA dentist he sees can get him in, may have to go to a private dentist today.

Weather is lovely so far this morning, tho I think the rain may be moving back in later.
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html

the Baltimore "Springtime" from Red Rooster via the Iowas Shop hop Cindy Lou's QS is done:
    Name:  1-DSCN0536.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  83.0 KBIt went together quickly, so on to other projects.

Ooops, I forget to turn it 90 degrees to the right!.

Name:  1-DSCN0536.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  84.0 KBNow its right side up!

Is that a panel in the middle QNS, or did you applique those??? That is beautiful! You know JanRN and I do NOT applique!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Wow, that is a gorgeous quilt. All applique? QNS, did you or one of your friends make this? It's amazing.

It is a 'cheat' cloth, all printed on fabric; guess that is why I liked it and finished it in two days...just cut out the squares and put it together with the border piece. Love the look; thought it would be a perfect throw quilt for a newborn baby girl who is a granddaughter of BF coming in tomorrow to sew with me. I put the star pattern for a quilt up where I could find it, to made it for her, too. Now if the Lord will just tell me where that is, we will make it. LOL.

That's gorgeous. Jeanie, you & I could do that!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

OH Sue! It is just beautiful!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    That is such a pretty quilt.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    That's gorgeous. Jeanie, you & I could do that!
    Yep, as long as I don't have to applique it! LOL My arthritic hands do not like sew with a needle, my fingers ache! I also don't have the patience for it either.

I think, in this case, we all speak the same language. No, I could not do the fine needle work to put this one together. I was delighted when they told me it was printed fabric. . . and so easy even a blind quilter could put it together!

Blog Entries
    Yes indeed, sew pretty...we have those fabrics and the colors are so cheery....if you like purple, the companion fabric is such a rich shade.

Yes SBG, my design for the RbyR...thanks....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Love your Row by Row. I am too far away to pick up the pattern/kit.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    It is a 'cheat' cloth, all printed on fabric; guess that is why I liked it and finished it in two days...just cut out the squares and put it together with the border piece. Love the look; thought it would be a perfect throw quilt for a newborn baby girl who is a granddaughter of BF coming in tomorrow to sew with me. I put the star pattern for a quilt up where I could find it, to made it for her, too. Now if the Lord will just tell me where that is, we will make it. LOL.
    Well you sure fooled me! It looks like all hand applique in your photo... very pretty!

Hi Everyone,I posted the new thread, Great cheater quilt Nina. I finally brought down the fabric you sent me eons ago..Theres enough for several small quilts for the babies at the hospital we donate to..Thanks so much..Many of the very young mothers have so little..
    DH and I arrived last Saturday evening and I sent the next 2 days in the recliner..I think the sitting with my legs in that position makes them swell..my right knee was twice the size of my left knee..I used the Tens unit on it and by Monday morning I was able to walk with 90% less pain than before.. The hallway still has all my sewing "stuff" lining the the wall. I have my appt with the PT later this morning.. I hope it helps my left ankle with the tendonitis as it needs to be stable before I can get my right knee replaced.. I was a very active girl in sports when I was attending school..I played softball, basket ball, volley ball , swim team and gymnastics . I got letters in all aspects. I had a good set of legs..I don't know what happened to them...

It rained torrents here for the past 2 days.. Tropical storm Colin has now left the area...It's muggy as hell right now..
    It's almost time for me to leave so I'll sign off for now...

I'm going to see If Nina posted her blocks...She's been the early bird of late... Later, H.

Beautiful Sue...

Page 526 of 542 FirstFirst ... 26 426 476 516 525 526 527 536 ... LastLast