Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 524 of 542 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 523 524 525 534 ... LastLast
Results 13,076 to 13,100 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    Good news, JuneB.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OH June Billie! I am so pleased to hear about Jessica.
    DH is feeling well today! Sigh of relief!
    I want to thank all of ya'll for your support & prayers!
    DCousin is on her way & we are gonna sew. I told her that she can use my Featherweight so she won't have to bring one of her sewing machines. She has 2 really big machines.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    I am thrilled that she is better. Her dad came home to do a bit around the house today, and he told us he got to hear her in a phone call and that her voice was in a whisper due to everything, but he was elated. Her first of something by mouth is some good cold ice. lol.... Well maybe even jello by now.

I am glad your hubby feels better, and the two of you will be sewing together. Glad to hear more good news.

I decided I needed another gown, so I haven't sewn any clothes in a long time, but decided too being so happy and I already have the main part of the gown sewn together. I tried it on so it fits ok, but just need to hem, sew edgings on arms and around neck, and add a trimming or two, but it won't be anything fancy, but it was nice.

Ok, now off to check out some of your (Sewbizgirl) latest blocks. You are indeed catching up, and I am all over the place.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I have a nice little stack of these blocks growing. All those quilts for mice!

Love to hear the good news in everybody's family situations. Hope you all enjoy this Memorial Day and remember those who gave their lives in service to our country.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The sun is shinning bright here, looks to be a wonderful day. May all of you have a great day today and tomorrow... enjyou family and freiends and visiting the cemeteries with good memories of those who no longer reside on earth.

Thanks Honchey for the email. I love playing the video over and over. My DGF and DGM did sing the O'ver there song from WWI... Brought back wonderful memories of my childhood. Dad served in WWII, and DH was in the AF. Too bad Civics is not taught in eighth grade anymore. . .

Hi Everyone, The sun is shining here also but I don't think for too long...Remnants of Bonnie will be coming this way by the end of the week. It's been very HOT here the last couple of days...I don't like to cook when it's this hot. it hit 95* yesterday. Will be packing this week for our trip down south.on Saturday...We'll be staying till the middle of July I hope if all stays calm on the home front here...

We used to do the cemetery tour when I was a young girl, placing flowers, flags and cleaning up the gravesites.. Now DH & I do it for Mother's day & Christmas...

I was cutting & sewing up a storm a couple of days ago and now I'm resting my leg as much as possible...There's a lot of cutting & trimming doing the Majestic Mountains block...Standing for too long doesn't help...What I can't figure out is..I didn't do anything to hurt my ankle or my leg for that matter. and now I have Tibular tendonitis in the ankle area... I'm falling apart!!!

Have a good day and weekend...H.

Good morning all... sun's out here too. I didn't realize there was a storm... with my name, yet! It's been hot here too, so I guess that must be why.

Love the Mountain Majesty quilt, Honchey. I just got mine back from the longarmer. You are right, lots of standing and cutting on that one. Ironing too. Sorry you are dealing with the tendonitis. When the flare up goes away maybe some strengthening exercises can help. I'm big on preventative everything.

Here's how my MM quilt turned out, made out of old shirts. It's going to be hard to give it away.

Name:  DSC02489 (Small).JPG
Views: 50
Size:  88.5 KB
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html

I'm doing mostly bright florals.. I saw on Pinterest one that was quilted in the seam..All the seams!!! with different colored threads for the different colored blocks...

I had a very traumatic fall in '94 which resulted in crushed bone, dislocated ankle 3 torn tendons..Wheelchair for 3 months... it ruined my left knee from all the hopping on it..had that replaced in'04 now my right knee is shot and my left ankle is acting up !!! That's why I'm falling apart...I do all sorts of stretching every day...I'll be doing a month of PT in NC...

Blog Entries
    Good morning...so far a sunny day...supposed to be cloudy later. MrOK and I will be going to cemeteries after morning chores are done...Rainy weather has reactivated my knee as well...took a whirlpool bath this morning to help it...the high humidity has kicked fluid retention up a notch which just adds to the problem...

sewbizgirl...now I want to make a DM shirt out of FIL old shirts...and then there's the cute baby quilt you posted....where do you find the time?

Emily is progressing on her quilt..so fun to have her sew on her own...I stay close by to answer any question...meanwhile Elise is making headbands...finished a cute knit one last night and has a second one almost done...woven fabrics used in the next two...glad I have 2 machines so they can sew at the same time...

DSis is back tonight until Wednesday...Her MIL's funeral is Friday four hours away, so I will make a one trip west for that...

DD turns 44 today..doesn't seem possible...it was a rainy day then...
    Last edited by oksewglad; 05-29-2016 at 07:00 AM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Honchey, can't wait to see your floral MM... any sneak peeks? Your fall sounds horrible. PT is bound to help, even at any point in the recovery.

OK, shirts make the coziest quilts. I have a pinterest board of ideas for them:
    https://www.pinterest.com/bonbonevans/shirt-quilts/

Happy Birthday to your daughter. My oldest is 30 and she was born when I was 30.

Sewbiz, I picked up some 1/4 yards at Joann's yesterday @ 60% off..I couldn't resist..I'll be using some of this also for the Gypsy Wife...
    Attached Images Attached Images

These were the first blocks of the MM pattern... Which way did you press the seams Sewbiz?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Very striking Honchey...great colors for your next quilt...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Those prints were 60% off??? How did I miss that? Are they still on sale... like for Memorial Day? I have a few of those prints already but might need to go take a look if they are still on sale. (Like I didn't just buy a truckload of fabric while in Paducah!) I can really see those in the Gypsy's Wife quilt. Will be stunning.

Aren't those oranges wonderful?

I guess I started out pressing my seams towards the darker colors, but eventually just gave up and started letting them go wherever they wanted to. I think I was even pressing from the top side. Sacriledge, I know, but it worked. My shirt fabrics were a bit heavier than your quilting cottons, tho. Since you are using whites I think I'd press away from the whites. What you have done so far looks great. Your quilt is going to be so pretty. Mine had to be MANLY.

Anne, those fabrics are wonderful. Are they cut as fat quarters, or 1/4 yard wof?
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Beautiful fabric, Anne. Almost makes me think about a Gypsy Lady Quilt next on line here. Or the Mountain quilt. Two lovely choices. Lots of orange there to make beautiful sunshine in the quilt.

What is on your menu for today's meal's? Wednesday and Thursday I will get a break in fixing meals, hurrah! I love to cook but my mind is not deciding any good fun meals... drawing blanks there. Even forgot DGS birthday on the 29th of May. DS was in a big flood in Houston...lucky he lives on a higher elevation and was not flooded where he lives, but all roads were to go where they wanted to go. After a week of lower back pain, its easing up a bit today.

Hi Everyone, There was a one day coupon, 60% off artists/premium fabric on this past Saturday...There are 3 JoAnn's in my area, 33 miles away , then 17 and 14 miles away ..So I had my choice of where to go..I opted for the one where the traveling was east & west..North & south would have been a nightmare with the "Bennies" traveling to the shore/beaches..That's the "nickname" we give to the people that don't live in the area of the "Shore" Anyway, I prefer to buy 1/4 yards not fat 1/4's because I will cut the remainder into strips small squares or hold onto the piece for future use...Although fat 1/4's would be very good for the MM blocks. 8.5" would give you 4 of them with little waste..
    The Gypsy Wife has a lot of 1.5" strips of different lengths and after cutting the 17" f or the MM block I have 20+ inches of fabric for a couple of strips...Fabrics that I would like in both quilts I would get 1/3 yd, cut my 1.5"strip then the 17" for the MM block. The 3 blocks I posted will be a small lap the floral one I have just started will have the same fabric background.. the small one will have different natural backgrounds..Pieces I have on hand..have to use them up..

I check JoAnn emails every day..being I work sometimes at the Viking Gallery I'll call the girls up and they will be my personal shopper and get what I need for me.. I forward my coupons to them..and they send me a photo of what I want to make sure it's the right stuff... They have fun shopping for me...We do have to mingle with the customers and let them know about the Gallery...

Have a good day all...If I was 12 yrs old right now, I'd be marching in the Memorial Day Parade as a Girl Scout!

I agree about the men's shirts. I looked in on this thread originally because it was 'PC' and I had just bought the book, I think I posted about 3 PC blocks here at first. I'm planning to use all shirts, mostly plaids, with it. Doing PC was too much with my other sewing as well, and I decided to concentrate on FWS first and get those blocks done. But I'll get back to PC one of these days. I have a cute cowboy print sheet for the back of it. I won't make all the blocks the first time around, as I want a twin size quilt, probably set on point. But I love the LH patterns, and I'm bound to come back to them in both books over the years.

Anne, your choice of fabrics is just up my alley. I couldn't resist that pink background/gray leaf print and bought some of it too. I've just completed a top with bright colors, a lot of oranges and pinks, and last week I've mailed it to a friend to quilt for me. You will love a top with your picks-- it's amazingly cheerful to use lots of bright colors! I loved mine so much that I splurged on the back for it, paying full price per yard. Whew! I don't know what made me do that, because it's not like me to shy the sale rack. Maybe I wanted to follow through with my creative ideas... But, anyway, I thought it was worth it to be satisfied with the back as well. https://www.fabric.com/buy/0422984/t...d-29889bf8fb7b

Best wishes to all for a good Memorial Day!
    Last edited by givio; 05-30-2016 at 06:38 AM.

Honchey, very pretty fabrics. Your quilt will be awesome.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Givio - that is a wonderful backing for your quilt. I prefer flannel on my backs, so often look for sheets on sale. I've had good luck with them! Watching out for the quilt police on that choice! LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG, I second the choice of a sheet for a back. I like to get them at Goodwill or Volunteers of America. A back for less than $5 is my usual preference! I often use flannel for the back of baby blankets, but haven't done it on a big quilt yet.

Givio - I have found that the quilt will not be so apt to slip off the bed with a flannel back!

Jeanie, Your remark brought to my mind a memory of teaching 5-year-olds. I made a flannel story board and it worked well to keep the figures and pictures from not slipping down. They were made of paper with a flocked back. I also made some felt figures, and sewed some cotton ones with flannel backs. I can see where flannel would help with quilt slippage problems.

givio - when my boys were in a parent co-op pre school we used felt figures on a flannel board. Brings back some fun memories!!!

I remember using those teaching Sunday School classes to young kids! I told a lot of Bible stories with those. The kids remembered the stories better when they got to help move the pieces around on the board. I wonder if they still make those.

Page 524 of 542 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 523 524 525 534 ... LastLast