Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 466 of 542 FirstFirst ... 366 416 456 465 466 467 476 516 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,650 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Are you nuts???????? My fat little fingers couldn't hold those tiny strips in place. Good luck, OK!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Only you can do it OK and make it lovely. It would drive me insane in sew sew minutes...wow.

Jan, I laughed so loud when I read about fat fingers..the hand in the photo has slim fingers that's why it was easy for her to do it

OK, let me know how you're going to do this & when...

Here's what I did yesterday...They are a bit busy but I think the overall look will be fine..they are from leftover bits from a recovery quilt for Cancer survivors... they measure 1.5" finished.

Our Guild raised over $ 6000 for Relay for Life last May and this bitty mini will be part of the fund raiser for that organization next May. We are a very busy group..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Oh this has me intrigued....here's my new quilt inspirationAttachment 529439
    This looks like an Anna Williams quilt. It must be a heavy quilt depending on the size lol...looks like she used every tiny piece of fabric in her scrap bin....

Blog Entries
    Oh they are sew precious Anne...you can see how you loose the fabric design with the small pieces. What's the plan for the quilt layout?

You gals crack me up..one questions my sanity....one says go for it...another asks how and when

Jan yours may be fat...mine are knobby. I found this on line...it is an 80 x 80 " quilt finished in early 20th century and hand quilted with fans an the back side it looks to me she used a "braid" version in strips about 2 x 12 finished....I used those slim fingers as a guide to size...and yes I have started I have dug through my 3/4"scraps and picked out the pieces I wouldn't use in my minis...fabrics with too large of a scale...I'm going about this so wrong...not squaring up or pressing. I'm just randomly sewing little pieces of fabric into rectangles. I'll share a pic later...today is hair cut and go to town day......you. know I need to get rid of my fabric some how
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    This looks like an Anna Williams quilt. It must be a heavy quilt depending on the size lol...looks like she used every tiny piece of fabric in her scrap bin....
    Made by a woman in Michigan....I shared the picture with my DSis...she replied. four words...time to commit you....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ,,need I say more???

hahhahahahha

Ok, I've been looking at this thread because it seems to have a lot of posts. What is this thread? Is it a chat or is something going on with the Pony Club blocks? :-) Where are the photos and what's completed? It looks like lately it's a challege for who can sew together the tiniest pieces of fabrics... :-)

Hi Ladies You've been busy the last few days! Just getting caught up after a trip to FL with one best friend to visit another best friend. It was a fun trip and too short. We went to a couple quilt shops and we got some fabric cut for her FW 1930s quilt blocks...as well as did a little swimming in her pool, eating and best of all just spending time together.

Great job on the blocks Rosy. I look forward to seeing more. I finished my 2nd PC quilt this summer...the blocks had been done for quite a while as well as the first quilt...so it was a good feeling to get it accomplished.

I think the minis are really pretty, but have yet to try any...someday.

givio--this was the final thread for the Farmers Wife Pony Club Quilt Along...like what we are doing with the FW 1930s blocks (it was book #2 by Laurie Hird). We have built friendships over the time of sewing these quilts together, so share bits of our lives, other projects, recipes, etc.

Givio, Many of us did the Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt together here, then the Pony Club...back at the first of this thread, then we did Mystery blocks and shipped them to one another, and then a Memory ? blocks together on this thread...exchanged recipes...hurricanes, floods, and premature twins in Holland...life as each of us experienced it...we bonded although not many of us have every met in person. We met in the Virtual Chuck wagon for coffee, tea, or chocolate , I send out Winter celebration boxes of cookies and candy because no family members come in for Christmas. Honchey lead us through it all, and did not crack her whip at us for getting off the topic a bit. LOL, quite a bit. Of course, darling grandchildren were shared on this site...their stories and pictures, too. You are welcome to join us in our chatter. Rosy has joined and is doing the Pony Club blocks, now, too..on this site.

Givio, welcome. If you go to the first few pages of this thread you'll find pics of the finished FWS Pony Club quilt (or in my case Donkey Club quilt). The rest of this thread is as QNS described--lots of friendship and love and support for the ups & downs we've all experienced since "meeting" one another. We share our quilting projects and offer help if needed.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

QNS, Thank you for the kind invitation. Your mention of 'no family members come in for Christmas' struck a chord with me as I don't do a lot for celebrating Christmas. I have 3 married sons, and 5 granddaughters who are all under the age of 4. (My 'adopted daughter' also has a baby girl. She's a girl friend who is a generation younger than I, who I've loved since the 90's, so I think of her like a daughter.) My oldest son lives in Idaho, my dear girl friend in Canada, so I see them rarely. My other 2 sons live nearby. But as often happens with boys, they seem to go most often to the in-laws for holidays. Somehow daughters are closer to their mothers than mother-in-laws. :-)

I would like to do FWS, PC, Mystery blocks, etc., but I've got 2 jobs and go to college, and have so many WIP, that starting the blocks in the other thread is quite a challenge for me-- because I mean to finish that project to keep it for my husband and I. I love to make tops, but don't like sandwiching and quilting. If I could feel like a top was a finished project, then I'd be a happy camper, but it's the completed quilt that is my goal.

givio - Thanks for stopping by the last of our Pony Club thread. Right now, as everyone has said, we just come here to chat, share our lives, and talk about our latest blocks (FW 30's quilt right now). Not everyone that did the Pony Club quilt has chosen to do the 30's quilt. But that is okay - we just like to get together here to discuss things. You are so welcome to join us. I am loving your blocks on the 30's quilt!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Givio, why don't you join me if you can. This is such a fun and lovely group. I am so sorry I didn't do this from the beginning as I don't like to make a lot of small blocks. Then one day, reading the board I had a thought of doing the blocks bigger and so I just decided to do the Pony blocks. I just look for the threads and subscribe to them so I have them handy to look at and I feel like I am in company and here are the third week blocks.

Arizona and the Depot
    Attached Images Attached Images

So fun to see these again Rosy! Love the fabrics you used.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks Jeanie, I have three different piles on the table...the alphabet blocks, the pony, and the FW lol.

OK I loooove your new endeavor! It does have a kinda braid look now doesn't it?
    Honchey! Your li'le blocks are quite lovely! Relay for life is gonna get a darlin' li'le quilt for their fund raiser.
    Givio welcome to our li'le group!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Rosy, if I had your fabric I'd join you for sure!! :-) It looks like a perfect collection of prints for the Pony Club blocks.
    And the size you are making the blocks looks like the right balance for the size of the prints-- fantastic job!

PS. Oh, dear! I've gone to Amazon and purchased the FWPC book! I hope it is the one you are using too. lol
    Last edited by givio; 09-01-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh she has fallen victim to the CLUb...very addictive...yipee....the next thing you both will be thinking smaller....as she laughs a conspiring laugh.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Givio, you can use any print you want to in PC. Not all of us went with the 'western theme' or 'ponies'; and they were quite nice in flowers, etc. All of us will encourage you and help out if you have questions. I failed on four blocks and substituted other blocks for them. Learned a lot from the first and second book, and learning more with the third block.

Honchey, what is your suggestion on FW 1930 block number 19; hope it is easier than it looks.

JeanieG, I am loving Picaso as I use it more...to write a description for each picture, as you view it, look for the comment line at the bottom of the picture. For the new ones, its a free program from Google and is easy to edit pictures and size them for QB...add contrast or color brightness, etc. You can 'create' albums for just FW and arrange your blocks in order on it.

On to tackle filing in my bedroom this morning, (everything is in the stuffed green chair for the last six months) one in cleaning the house thoroughly for October 9th when my classmates are coming in for a BBQ...fifteen to twenty of them I move so slow, I am starting now. Also working on the menu, so its economical to do for the group. Promised dh I would work on his pouch for his tablet and phone and checkbook and billfold with a flashlight on the side of that.

Hi Everyone and welcome to the new "PC Riders" This reminds me of my High School days when there were "clubs" with jackets that had their logos embroidered on them.. The group I belonged to were called...get this...The Queen Bees... We had a lot of fun..didn't do much but gossip but that was the "good ole days"..

Nina, I don't think this one will be that tough..it's all in how you sew the strips together...you'll notice that the center is a like a 9 patch with points..but the sewing lines of the middle are not angled until you get to the 2nd & third strip..I would sew the center squares then the end pieces of the strip I would sew from the outside to the center square..this way there won't be a lot of maneuvering the strips ( twisting)..Maybe I'll pick that block and work on it today..I like to get the tough ones out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    Rosy, if I had your fabric I'd join you for sure!! :-) It looks like a perfect collection of prints for the Pony Club blocks.
    And the size you are making the blocks looks like the right balance for the size of the prints-- fantastic job!

PS. Oh, dear! I've gone to Amazon and purchased the FWPC book! I hope it is the one you are using too. lol
    Yep, I think there is only one Pony book by Hird.

I soaked a huge pot of red kidney beans last night and today I am adding two large sweet peppers, two massive oinions ( all chopped in my chopper), some olive oil, italian seasoning and some powered consomme. I will take half of those beans out and make chili with the rest. I didn't have any ground meat in the freezer so I am just adding a tub of meat sauce that I made last week and the chili seasoning, I might melt some cheese on top for effect. I am so glad that I freeze stuff lol.

Page 466 of 542 FirstFirst ... 366 416 456 465 466 467 476 516 ... LastLast