Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 467 of 542 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 466 467 468 477 517 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I love cooking in large amounts and freezing for later use. There's just MrJanRN and I and we both love soup. I hit the Farmer's Market and bought lots of veggies. Will start making soups this week-end while he's away. Just love my crock pot!

This week, and on thru the next we're hitting 90*--too hot for anything. I'm trying to get a quilt top quilted but my Sweet16 is on the sunporch--I feel like I'm sewing in a green house. Just might take the afternoon off and read a book!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Oh Rosy sounds so delicious...I hate to cook...only for necessity...but I do make soup and freeze for later, too. Most of the gals know I can some of our home grown beef so almost always have a quart jar of meat to add to the mix...After a chicken is cooked, I boil the left over carcass for the broth which I also freeze...it's used in lots of soup or casseroles..I can control the amount of salt that's put in, plus it's low cost.

Honchey....we can become the "Quilt Bees"

Here's a start on my next quilt...aptly named by my DSis...Time to Commit...Jan...Does it look like dog vomit?...I think you're the one who often asks that particular question
    Name:  Time to Commit1.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  422.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I love it Ohsew, they can commit me too lol....I just had a bow of my chili and a bow of plain yogurt with my cooked apples and peaches. I am so full..time to go do another pony. I got caught up on this weeks FW already.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    I love cooking in large amounts and freezing for later use. There's just MrJanRN and I and we both love soup. I hit the Farmer's Market and bought lots of veggies. Will start making soups this week-end while he's away. Just love my crock pot!

This week, and on thru the next we're hitting 90*--too hot for anything. I'm trying to get a quilt top quilted but my Sweet16 is on the sunporch--I feel like I'm sewing in a green house. Just might take the afternoon off and read a book!
    Jan I have this very large favorite pot of mine and I make veggie soup and freeze, I make meat sauce and freeze that too. I freeze stuff like sweet peppers when they are on sale for almost nothing and strawberries and blueberries. Sometime if I cook too much for dinner, I freeze that so there is always something to take out if I dont' want to cook. my main freezer item tho is the sauce and soup. I love when I just want soup and have it.

OH I love it OK! Hmmmmm Ya have me thinking.........
    Yippy we have 2 more PC riders! Alright I knew that we had Rosy but how kool is it that qivio is joining up too? We are a welcoming group & anyone can just come & chat w/us. It is neat though that you 2 will also have made the quilt too. Yup I am excited. Hmmm Am I fired up enough to start back making my blocks? I hope so!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OK, my fingers are itching!!!!! I love to make Vichysoise? in the winter.. it freezes real well..I don't add the cream tho until I'm ready to warm it up...

Bev, how many blocks did you complete?
    Did all the others finish their quilts? I got impatient trying to find pictures from the beginning posts-- too many posts to sift through.
    Oksewglad, you did all that in just a couple of days?! I think it's wonderful! I'm real keen on scrappy, unique one-of-a-kind quilts that use up bits and pieces. Your distribution of color is great! It looks like purple is not your favorite color.
    Ditto on the making soup and freezing the extra. We have soup every week all year round.

No, Givio, we did not all finish our PC quilts. My is on the vertical wall of the hallway, as I decide about the border. I did the first one, and its hanging on the wall.

I am hung up about three other borders as well...a small amount to do after the quilt top is almost finished, but that is where I am stuck in quick sand, I guess, and it just looks back at me and remains quiet...and does not do itself.

My small freezer and larger freezer is full to the top; gotta put the chicken hindquarters and my turkey breast in there somehow. Schwan's man said, 'You need to eat out of there and get it down!' so I am buying from him just once a month.

Some small pieces followed me home today....never can resist the $3.00 a yard fabric in Bloomfiield Sew Forth Quilt Shop.
    One piece I am dividing and sending to OK...she will love this novelty print...not for grandkids, its for her...due to their occupation as dairy farmers. Of course, it remains her choice on how to use it.

It was a good day; I hope you all had a good day, too.

Blog Entries
    Oh so wrong on the purple givio...I think it adds to the mix...but you are right I haven't added any to this...orange is my least favorite, but like how it draws the eye in a dull space. I do a bunch of small block piecing, then gradually make the rectangle bigger...that's when I press...oh so wrong, but who cares. I am thinking of using QAYG, machine stitching straight diagonal lines from the back....back to Commit....

And no. I haven't finished my PC quilt..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I like the name, OK--definitely Time to Commit. Or you could name it Opla (Alpo that's come back up LOL!!!)

Givio, Rosy and anyone else..If you click on my username "Honchey" and then click on my Started Threads. it lists all of them there..no need to "hunt"..

givio- I have 40 blocks finished. Not all 40 are PC blocks either. There were some that I just didn't like w/my patriotic fabric so I made some substitutes. I also plan on PPing several Mariner's Compasses that represent all the countries of the participants of this PC ride. I have 'em all printed up & ready to PP, but just haven't got 'em done. When I first move to Brady this will be one of the project's that will be handy to work on until I get the new sewing room all set up.
    Bev

I went dove hunting the last 2 evenings & boy am I pooped. I did get my limit for the first time ever last night.
    Bev

Honchey, why didn't I think of that? lol. I am braindead for read.

Basket of Flowers

I didn't like the flower basket so I did another one with 21 pieces in it lol. I reall like it, lots of y seams and set ins....I used templates..

Blog Entries
    So pretty Rosy...I love your freedom of color...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oh I just loooove it!
    Bev

Love your Basket of Flowers Rosy - very pretty!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Love it Rosy; I see a familiar looking flower print in the first and last piece of your block...I have yardage of the same print! Plan to use it in the 1930s blocks. Nice to see your progress on the PC blocks.

Thanks for the tip, Honchey. I used it and did look at some of the threads, but with all the text it was time consuming for me to find the pictures. It's sorta hard not to start reading it all. :-) Such friendly people, such interesting chat...

Bev, do you can your doves? My aunt used to fry squirrels she shot, but I've never had a dove. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress. I like the Compass patterns. I've saved some New York Beauty patterns, which are on the back burner (pretty far back).

Rosy! I haven't seen that pattern. Very nice! I like the flowers cut just so, cute! And you chose a watery, sea batik for the basket! Who would've thought! :-) (Well, it looks like sea creatures and bubbles to me, anyway, don't know if it is or not)

Givio, I'll try to post a pic of my FWS Donkey quilt. I'm having computer problems so this may not work.Name:  Pony Club Quilt.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  1.00 MB

Blog Entries
    Don't you like Jan's outer border...Sew personal? Thanks for sharing it...again for some of us.

Tidied up in the sew space...but had a few moments with Time to Commit...need to figure out how big I want to go...I'm thinking this will not be used as a sofa throw, let alone a bed quilt...they get abused at my house.. I will see how far my scraps take me...thanks for all your kind words and for not taking the first plane to the Midwest and sending me to Independence. (our closest mental health facility)
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Jan--I still really like how you added the little blocks in the corners.

Givio--here are the 2 quilts I made from my PC blocks:

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Honchey. I used it and did look at some of the threads, but with all the text it was time consuming for me to find the pictures. It's sorta hard not to start reading it all. :-) Such friendly people, such interesting chat...

Bev, do you can your doves? My aunt used to fry squirrels she shot, but I've never had a dove. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress. I like the Compass patterns. I've saved some New York Beauty patterns, which are on the back burner (pretty far back).

Rosy! I haven't seen that pattern. Very nice! I like the flowers cut just so, cute! And you chose a watery, sea batik for the basket! Who would've thought! :-) (Well, it looks like sea creatures and bubbles to me, anyway, don't know if it is or not)
    Givio, I saw that pattern when I was looking at baskets in Block Base and like it much better that the one featured. You know I didn't even notice the fabric, I just went for color lol.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Givio, I'll try to post a pic of my FWS Donkey quilt. I'm having computer problems so this may not work.Name:  Pony Club Quilt.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  1.00 MB
    Jan, the quilt is awesome and the border so orginal and beautiful. Now for sure I am going to finish mine now lol.

Page 467 of 542 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 466 467 468 477 517 ... LastLast