Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 457 of 542 FirstFirst ... 357 407 447 456 457 458 467 507 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I really need to take some lessons in hand quilting...I have a hard time getting the back to look the same as the front..it seems the needle doesn't grab enough of the backing..all I get are little points.

Honchey, Is your hoop or frame too tight? I also try to point my needle back towards the last stitch to get a fuller stitch. I hope this helps. Hmmm I wonder if I can get DH to take picts of my handquilting. (Handquilting is my first true love in the quilting world. I have been doing it all of my life.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Each has been busy with their own things lately...I have finished 3 quilts and one big table topper this month. All just needed to be quilted. Then yesterday I made a baby quilt from scraps of another quilt. Tomorrow I hope to start cutting fabrics for the FW 1930s quilt. I am working 3 afternoons a week and taking kids to archery 2 nights a week...so finding time to sew is a bit more challenging these days. We aren't doing a full school load right now so that frees up a bit of time.

We are still at our friends on Whidby Island, WA. We are thinking of heading home via the Oregon Coast on Wednesday, but our friends are begging us to stay longer. We all have such fun together. I brought some quilting to do, and have hardly touched it.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Today I finished the organizer "bag" that I took a class to learn how to do a couple of weeks ago. It will be my EPP bag. It has 4 zippered pouched for the fabric squares. A pocket to put a completed flower. A pocket for the cardboard hexies & a pocket for other misalliance tools ie; scissors. And finally a piece of felted wool to store my needles & pins. My DF gave me a Crazy Quilt block that I appliqued onto the front. I am very happy w/it. I haven't taken a pict as of yet though.
    Bev

I would love to see it Bev, I work on mine once in awhile and the plastic baggie sticks me all the time with the pins

Carrie, it sounds like you are going top speed in the quilt room...wish I could say the same. One thing or another seems to interfere with what I want to be doing...sigh. Off to town this morning.

Its raining again here...first break of the month will be after the 21st...five days without rain is predicted.

Canned 7 quarts of beans yesterday.

Looked at the for sale site part of QB; beautiful fabrics there. In search of....I posted needing a panel of a Bull Riding Cowboy...hope I can find one by the end of the month...I do not do Ebay.

I was so excited about my 2 pepper plants--only one remains. Seems I planted them right next to a bunny nest!! I didn't notice the nest til last night when I went out to check on my plants--2 little bunnies ran down a hole 6" from the remaining plant. I put a cage around the plant but I'm sure they'll get to it--hope they enjoy!

QNS, today is the second day in a row of NO RAIN after 15 straight days of rain--but rain returning tomorrow. I hope this doesn't mean a snowy winter--hopefully Mother Nature will spread the moisture out west come December.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    I was so excited about my 2 pepper plants--only one remains. Seems I planted them right next to a bunny nest!! I didn't notice the nest til last night when I went out to check on my plants--2 little bunnies ran down a hole 6" from the remaining plant. I put a cage around the plant but I'm sure they'll get to it--hope they enjoy!

QNS, today is the second day in a row of NO RAIN after 15 straight days of rain--but rain returning tomorrow. I hope this doesn't mean a snowy winter--hopefully Mother Nature will spread the moisture out west come December.
    I hope it will be spread here as well! We left our friends yesterday and drove down to Astoria, WA. My DH wants to visit the Maritime Museum here. It is overcast, but suppose to clear up around noon. I hope so.

Here is a pic of my BFF and I just before we left yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG, you are of course, the 'good-looking' one, LOL. How nice you got to have a good visit there.

JanRN, a sign seen at a church, " Who ever is praying for rain, would you please stop?!"

Well It is me praying for rain. LOL Yes we have had more than our usual but we still could use a lot more. Our part of TX is still under drought conditions.
    Bev

Today was a bit on the crazy side.
    First Dh woke me but said that he didn't feel well so we didn't exercise. After I got a bunch of my chores done a couple & their DSon came over & bought the 1970 Ford PU. Next our oldest dog got out. We had to get in the Sequoia & go looking for her. It took just a little bit of time but we did find her & brought her home. She loves to go for rides so she just jumped in the truck as soon as we found her.
    Since the '70 was gone DH got to work on the '66 Ford PU. He has been working on it for the last few weeks so he really didn't have that much to do. He did know that he also needed a new fuel pump but it seemed to be holding it's own. Anyway he asked me to go w/him to get it inspected. I grabbed my hand quilt & hopped in to go w/him. It didn't take long for the inspection but as we were leaving the truck died. Yes, you guessed it. The fuel pump quit on us. We didn't realize it at first. He did get help to push it back out of the way. After we got some lunch at SubWay (right next door) Dh tried a test & verified that there wasn't any gas getting to the carburetor. He contacted an old friend of his who came & gave us a ride home then he took DH back to the truck w/the fuel pump. They got it installed but it did take a couple of hours. I was worried as the temps are in the triple digits. They did come back to get some tools & cool down when they were about half-way through. I had a hard time doing anything while they were gone. I am so glad that they got it fixed. I did go & get the license sticker for him once it was home. Now we are resting. We warmed up left overs for supper.
    I know that DH will get the PU up & running real soon. I have faith in him.

Bev

I would worry too Bev, with temps in triple digits you have to be so careful..and working on a truck..????!!!
    Hope you get more rain but no floods please..a nice slow drizzle for a couple of days would be good...

My tomato plant is doing real well, I still waiting for some of the tomatoes to ripen... Shoprite has"'Jersey"s on sale next week .99 a lb... Oh come Sunday quick!!!!

Jeanie, what a great photo of you & your BF.. Glad you had a nice visit.... When are you getting home?

Nina, Anything cooking in the kitchen??? I hope you take a rest now & then...

So far 2 gorgeous days, Sunny, dry, & temps so comfortable no need for the AC to be on.. I'm also surrounded by trees on the sides & back of the house..another cooling factor....

Take it easy all of you.. Have a good day tomorrow..

Sorry for all the high temperatures Bev! Sounds awful. We are on the Oregon Coast tonight. Such pretty country. We should be home by Tuesday or Wednesday. We are just taking our time and enjoying each day.

Honchey, its too darn hot in the kitchen with temps soaring into the 90s, I am not cooking anything or stepping out the door. LOL! Quilt time in the QR. Almost half of the Crossed Stars done....hope to finish today.

JeanieG, how nice you both enjoy camping out in your RV and taking your time home. My dh would not even start out to go on a trip from home. He likes his own bed at home every evening, so we are 'gifting' our daughter with our never used Prowler 26 foot travel trailer. Son in law loves to camp, so they will have fun with it. Dh used to love it when he was younger and we had a family at home...empty nest has changed him, I guess.

I checked out the 'in search of' and 'garage sale' sections of QB and ordered from ptquilts to add to my stash; at $4.00 a yard. Looks like great maroon floral patterned fabric. On July 30th, going to the Crazy Redheaded Quilt Shop warehouse sale where all bolts are $6.99 or $7.00 a yard....that is usually $12.00 or more a yard with my area quilt ladies. Match the blue in the maroon fabric then, no pattern in mind yet.

Two days without rain...hurrah! Praying for you, Dublb, to get rain, but please not here. Frogs are living in our orchard! We need to dig potatoes! But I am not going out into the heat for any potato! May youall have a nice weekend.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day of the year for NJ & area.. The Ac's are going on early am tomorrow.. I made sausage & peppers for Dunch tomorrow..Just have to pick up sub rolls today. I'm not going outside tomorrow if I can help it..

I'm working this coming Tuesday thru Friday from 10-4 pm...Easy days,,,Haven't decided what project to bring with me to work on...
    Stay cool or dry for the coming days guys and most of all have a good one!.

Article in this morning's paper said our area has had one day of sunshine-yesterday--out of the past 25 days. Today is also sunny but miserable--90*, humid, and storms for tonight. MrJan got golf in early today before the heat set in. He & DS were on the course at 7:30am. Neighbors are having a new roof put on today--how do those guys work in this heat?

Anne, have to laugh about you going to work. I haven't missed working for a second. But yesterday in the mail I got the renewal notice for my RN license. I'm having a hard time checking the "do not renew" box!!! Seems so final--that has been my identity since I was 20 years old! It's sitting here staring at me.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jan, My sister is a non working hair dresser for the past 30 years..She still renews her license. RENEW it especially if it's not a $$$$ issue...You'll feel better if you do..You never stop being a nurse! Everytime I mention that I still have a job my DH laughs at me and I want to club him..

Yep, my hairdresser DSIL has not worked in a shop in years either, but she still renews her license too. LOL

What a day iat twas. Dh dug potatoes this morning and PattyW came and helped. She took about 3 five gallon buckets home plus half of the Rhubarb home with her. We kept a five gallon bucket of potatoes...they made 14 quarts of canned potatoes. And four pints of tomatoes canned., and eight half pints of rhubarb strawberry jam and a big rhubarb crunch on the Island in the kitchen. (minus the quarter that dh ate) I m so tired. But I did get one more row ready to sew on to the Stars Crossed quilt.

Dh beat the storm rolling in, and there are more potatoes to dig later. Not tomorrow. It's Sunday, our day of rest. Hope the weather breaks back into the 80s soon.

I can't imagine canning in this weather even in an air conditioned house...I hate to cook in the summer..I even hate to cook in the winter, and the spring and fall

That is the true beauty of GEO thermal air conditioner, it keeps things cool and even through the whole house...I did use a fan to circulate a stronger air flow over the area I was working in over the stove and island. (There are overhead fans in every room in the house.) Today is my day off, to use working on 'Ann' and its little pieces.

Have fun. Love. Laugh. Live. Enjoy life as it comes along.

Blog Entries
    Hello everyone, I haven't been on for a while. I'm also going to do the 30's quilt. This one will be in greens and beiges, youngest daughter likes those colors. Thought I would show you some of the quilts I have been working on.

the first one red, black & white is for youngest grandson. Can't download pictures.
    i also have one for the 6th & 7th GGS, and also an embroidered cat quilt (don't know who wants this). Will try again.
    Name:  pat's 006.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  203.3 KBName:  DSC00191.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  680.8 KBName:  DSC00137.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  183.5 KB

I've not had trouble uploading pics before but having trouble tonight. The other one is a turtle quilt.
    Maybe I''ll be able to get it uploaded later.
    This is some of the things I have been doing this past year. I almost have my pony quilt top done, still undecided on the final border. DH is no longer on chemo, but now on 4 pills a day. Still having quite a few side effects on them. Still doing one day at a time with everything. Hope everyone is doing ok.
    GrannyQ

Friday was just awful! DH's old 1966 Ford PU died at the place that he took it to get it inspected at. The fuel pump went out. They pushed it over to the side then DH's DF came to help. The DF drove me home & DH got the fuel pump that he had here at the house & they both went back & worked on it in 102*F behind a metal building & on hot asphalt to boot. They got it done at about 4:00 in the afternoon. Yesterday & today DH & I have stayed in the cool house. It is way too hot to go anywhere! I did spend most of today hand-quilting!
    Bev

GrannyQ, great hearing from you! One day at a time is a good way to live, love, and laugh each day as it comes and goes. Beautiful quilts you have finished. Love the colors in the first one; I almost started the cat quilt very similar to yours...but lacked the eye sight to tackle it. Good news is that I have done four blocks on the new Farmers Wife 1930s. I have the border print for the PC, now to get it cut and sewn on...and finish the two quilts that are 'almost' done.

Dudlb, it does get *hot* in Texas, particularly down on the 'golden coast' where we lived. good news is you will not have to replay your bad day, and I hope your days get better. You do realize Laurie Aaron Hird does all her quilting by hand...I struggle with the pping on each block. So far, so good.

May everyone have a goooood week!

Page 457 of 542 FirstFirst ... 357 407 447 456 457 458 467 507 ... LastLast