Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 458 of 542 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 457 458 459 468 508 ... LastLast
Results 11,426 to 11,450 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

GrannyQ, great to hear from you. My, you have been so productive--I love all the quilts you posted. I'm especially drawn to the black, white, red--very striking! My DIL has 2 cats ( I tell her she's one cat shy of becoming a crazy cat lady LOL) and would love the kitty quilt;I wish I liked to applique, I'd make her one. Glad you're joining us for the 1930s quilt; these rides are so much fun and keep me motivated.

Storms missed us last night but another hazy, hot, humid day here. A good day to stay in and sew.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

GrannyQ, you certainly have been busy.. all those finishes in a year.. good for you! and you'll be joining us in the new ride.. Wonderful!!!

Bev, do you use a hoop for the hand quilting? I have The Wonder Hoop that stands up..it's still in the box

Yeah, it's hot here too..the kids were here yesterday and couldn't figure out what to make for Dunch so I made scrambled eggs w/bacon & ham..they ate it like there was no tomorrow

I've been busy cutting fabric and bagging it for the 30's quilt along.. have to get the rest of it ready to take to work with me tomorrow. I got a very nice ironing board from freecycle that's coming with me too! Too many machines on the tables to move around to iron anything on the small pad they use for that.. I should bring my iron too! I am looking forward to it...I have a lot of fun at work. Everyone is so happy to see me it makes me feel good.. I must be doing something right...

Have a good day everyone...

Oh GrannyQ I am so glad to "see" ya! I just love your quilts! Especially the red one.
    Yeah Sue, It is hot here but not humid. That is a blessing! 102 only feels like 102 not 110!
    Honchey, yes I use a hoop. The smaller the better. I have small hands & I want a small hoop. The one that I am using right now is a 10" one. I do spray baste my hand quilts first. This way I can do the edges without the hoop. I did try to get DH to take picts of how I hand quilt but they don't really show what I wanted to show. I will try again latter.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Friends meeting....thanks for the picture, Jeanie.

Grr...car trouble in triple digit heat, but a plus to get some hand work done dublb.

GrannyQ..glad you are getting some finishes in...thanks for sharing...the farm quilt is sure cute.

So many are gearing up for the next sew along....nice to hear the chatter about it. Honchey is such a good leader.

Just got in from pulling some weeds..not too bad until the sun came out and I called it quits... The problem with 80* temps with 80% humidity is trying to keep the house comfortable..too cool for the AC to kick in to help dry out the indoor air..
    DSis and BIL were here for the weekend..they rest well while here...then Ann and I played with fabric...as much as we are alike we really design differently, so had fun exploring each other's techniques. They will be heading back East next Thursday when I run them to the train station.
    I had to get some sewing time in and got a mini pinwheel framed in HST's. It's ready to quilt and binding is cut to get it done faster. I laughed at myself while sewing the mini...I used an offset log cabin block as leaders and enders. And I have the blocks sewn together except for the horizontal rows..This came from my 2 1/2" scrap box...have to cut the first and second borders and binding, all from my stash. Now have bookwork to do this afternoon....I'm off....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

In coming green beans, back to canning this afternoon. Neighbor stopped by with three pounds of tomatoes with her son, and they are picking green beans. ... and what ever else. I am staying inside where its cooler. and helping out that way; LOL!

Keep cool everyone; watch out about getting too hot.

Dodged that canning duty this time. That was a close one...beans were all yellow, not green beans. Another time.

We are a couple days from home. Oregon Coast is so slow. One day we drove for 2 hour and only went 66 miles. We had not been there for about 10 years and had forgotten how slow it is!

Hi GrannyQ - so glad to hear from you! Your quilts are beautiful, thanks so much for sharing.

It is hot today as we are in Northen CA. AC is running full blast in the RV trying to cool us down.

Anxious to get back to my Sewing Room. I have my little Brother I keep in the RV, but only managed to sew a border on two sides of my quilt I brought along....just having too much fun!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you're having a great time, Jeanie. The sewing sabbatical will make you ready for the big 99 blocks of fabric on the wall....

It was so nice out early evening...I went and spent another two hours weeding. The skeeters weren't bad either.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Errands today and tomorrow and working around that when I can. Island sink full of good tomatoes from our good neighbor and son., so will work up those tomatoes in between other things. Tried my Stars Crossed on my bed...not large enough, so will have to double what I have done. Honchey, did the Queen sized chart of placement suggested layout come through for you? Not sure I am going to follow it, but will see how the colors flow in the end.

Ok, how I need to weed my flower beds...just been too hot. Hope the weather does cool down for several days. take care, everyone.

Oh yes, thank you Nina...it came out perfectly...I'm going to try to kep the colors close to her's unless I think otherwise...

Sounds like a plan, Honchey. I have only done four blocks, so its hard to say what direction I am going for sure. Love all the bright colors she used in the new book.

Eight quarts of tomatoes finished; did our errands in Kirksville. Hurt my lower back when I threw the ten pounds of candy onions into the back seat today. We will continue our potato digging tomorrow morning again. Then continue the shopping in my hometown during the hot part of the day. Have a list of to 'do' in priority order. Then back to more canning and butchering of the ducks; will get a quarter of beef this fall (its raised in price too $$$$)...its all I can fit into the freezer. Hope I can get back into the QB room, but not until the canning is all done.

I am sad today. #2DSon's cat (Blue) has been dragging around & has lost some weight. She's not a big cat anyway. Well DH & I took her to the vet today & left her for some tests. They called back & her kidney functions test was way high. I know this is critical. If they can't flush her system in the next couple of days, she will die. She is 14 years old.
    Name:  Blue & Annie.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  55.3 KB
    Name:  Blue at night.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  47.2 KB
    Name:  Blue in the window..jpg
Views: 55
Size:  70.2 KB
    She is one of the sweetest cat we ever had.
    Bev

Bev, How sad..She looks just like my 17 yr old Chester who had the same problem..I couldn't see her suffer any longer..

Bev--sorry to hear that news about your cat. She is pretty.

Never, so sad to hear your news, we lost our Phil, a Russian Blue from the same illness .. He was 16 year old. We now a Stella she is a tiger stripe and so sweet too, she is 9 years old and so far so good. Hope Blue can fight back.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Oh Thanks so much.
    I stayed busy today, so as to not worry about Blue. Gosh she isn't even my cat. I just love her anyway. The Vet did say that she is doing well. The Vet will take another blood test late Thurs afternoon. I have heard of several treatment options that we will try (with the vet's guidance) if the vet is able to get Blue's kidney's flushed.
    Bev

Hi everyone! We are back from our trip, arrived home just this afternoon. So glad to get to my desktop computer and "real" keyboard. I hit all kinds of weird keys on the laptop!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Welcome home, Jeanie--sounds like you had a great trip with great friends.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Hi Everyone, Good to have you back Jeanie, It mut be fun traveling in a camper especially visiting friends....

Today is my last day of work for awhile..I can say I'm finally tired and can't wait to sleep in...have a 1/2 hour then it's on the road again...

I got my fabric from Craftsy yesterday and didn't realize there would be 10 doubles..it' a good thing Ibought the other bundle..I had plenty, I just "wanted" them

Later, Have a good day all H.

Dressed two ducks and two commercial chickens yesterday and three of our own this morning....one is finished and other two I have to finish after checking in here. My hands ache, but I will finish soon as possible and rest while they boil, then I will pick the meat off the bones and put them into jars to process. This finishes up the butchering for awhile, so I can get back into the QB.

Welcome home again, Jeanie. Enjoy the new fabric, Anne. Later, all; and to all a good day.

Look what I had for desert last night..It looked so good I had to take a pic.... It tasted verrry good too!!

Cream cheese pound cake w/strawberries & whipped cream. Yum
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks so delicious. My favorite dessert.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Yum. Recipe?

Nina, Shoprite Supermarket just started selling the Cream Cheese Pound Cake..first time trying it...The pound cake is very dense and the cream cheese kind of settles towards the bottom..it tastes like the cheese filling in a Danish pastry. Sliced strawberries & sugar & whipped cream from the can...Too lazy to make the real stuff

It looked so pretty I had to take a picture...

Oh my, that looks wonderful Anne!

Page 458 of 542 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 457 458 459 468 508 ... LastLast