Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 468 of 542 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 467 468 469 478 518 ... LastLast
Results 11,676 to 11,700 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Jan--I still really like how you added the little blocks in the corners.

Givio--here are the 2 quilts I made from my PC blocks:
    Those are beautiful Carriem.

I just finished week 5. Best of All. I had my doubts about the fabric I picked. ...but I think I like it now....I thought you all might get a kick out of my block wall. The Pony club blocks and the FWS blocks.

I don't know why it did those wavy lines on the fabric they don't have waves.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    And how different Carrie's 2 quilts are...the fabrics she used in both are Kansas Troubles from Mods..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oh, wow! Thanks, girls for all the pictures. I'm looking forward to getting my book. Some unusual blocks to sew, it looks like!

Givio, the PC blocks are eight and half inches instead of the six and half we are working with now...big difference!

I love seeing everyone's quilts again.
    Guess what DH dragged outta the garage? Well it was a sack w/a child's vest pattern & some fabric that is blue w/eagles & mountains on it. I bought it at least 27 years ago. Maybe 29. My DD is 32 & #1DSon is 30. The plans for the vests were for them. Yes it has been prewashed & put w/my PC project!

Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Givio and Rosy - here is a copy of my Pony Club Quilt. I thought I had it on the computer, but could not find it, so I pulled it out a took a photo. All of these blocks have horses in them. The blocks I did without the horses still needs to be sandwiched and quilted. ( I have quite a few in this category).
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Don't you like Jeanie's border of fussy cut horses? Thanks for resharing, Jeanie.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Thanks ok, forgot I even did that horse border until I took it out of the linen closet!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

It's beautiful Jeanie and I love the border. Do you plan to do the quilting yourself or farm it out. I couldn't stand to have my tops just laying there so about 15 years ago I bought a longarm Gammill so I could quilt my quilts and did some for customers to pay it off...all paid for now lol....I love my longarm..

Rosy - I quilted it myself, it is finished. I don't care for a massively quilted quilt, so did QITD for this one. I quilted horse shoes in each of the border blocks, and a few other places that needed something. I tend to cut the batting in thirds, and quilt the center, sewing the battings together (or use iron on interfacing), then quilt another third, etc. I have a Brother 1500S straight stitch machine that does a great job.

Bev, it sounds like you could sew little vests for your son and daughter's children (if they have some)! :-)
    Jeanie, your border is adorable! I've got some tops completed in thirds, waiting to do that method like you mention. I'm trying it for the first time on a quilt-- it's in process now-- the middle is almost done. Well, I did the middle section in June, and....

Yes Givo I have 4 DGKids. I now have nooooooo interest in sewing clothing. LOL All I want to do is quilt. Alright, I did make a doll dress today 'cause I am just so tired of seeing that doll naked. I have a ton of boy toys in the play room & 1 naked doll. I guess that is ok to mostly have boy toys as I only have 1 DGD. I think this doll was my DD's at some point. Anyway I made a dress for the doll & I sewed it in place so the kids can't take it off.
    What made me so happy about the fabric was the eagles. I can fussy cut those. They are just perfect for my patriotic PC! Between you, Rosie, & this fabric I am getting a bit excited about my PC again!
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    Bev, it sounds like you could sew little vests for your son and daughter's children (if they have some)! :-)
    Jeanie, your border is adorable! I've got some tops completed in thirds, waiting to do that method like you mention. I'm trying it for the first time on a quilt-- it's in process now-- the middle is almost done. Well, I did the middle section in June, and....
    I complete the whole top, layer the top, backing and batting. I them fold back the top, and cut only the batting into thirds. I baste the center section and quilt it, then reattach one side of the batting, baste and quilt the side, etc. This makes it easier to quilt on my DSM. A person on one of our FWS Quilt threads explained how to do this. I use to have the whole thing basted, and really struggled trying to get it quilted.

Jeanie, the method I'm using is just the opposite. I'm leaving the batting whole, while the top and back are in three pieces. I pinned the middle. I rolled/folded the batting out of the way and it was a little awkward to quilt the middle section. I think this is mostly because I have only a small table to support it. I'm using a domestic Elna. But it was not heavy and there wasn't the usual tugging and struggling. Then I sewed the seams for the right side top and back, pinned the layers, and started quilting that (intending to repeat for the other side). You might like to leave your top and back in three pieces as well as your batting. There isn't any problem seaming the top if your top pattern is such that you can make it in three strips.

Bev, I've made some 18" girl doll clothes this year. A handy size, as there are lots of American Girl doll (same size) ideas online. I got her from Goodwill and she had only a dress. I thought she needed panties before I gave to my granddaughter, so I made panties, 2 teeshirt/shorts outfits, a blouse/long pants outfit, and a felt purse. You could at least make a jacket or coat, so they could have something to take off. :-) But yeah, then when I visited later, the doll was naked every time. Plastic-- can't sew the panties in place. lol

I got my PC book from Amazon today! Fast delivery! I chose one that said it was a signed copy by the author, and lo and behold! it came from Laurie Hird herself! Now I've got her address. I'd tell you it so you could write her a little friendly and thankful note, but since this post is public to the world, I won't write it. :-p

I was planning on sewing this morning, but now I think I'm going to read. :-p
    Last edited by givio; 09-05-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Some of my darlings.

Very cute! Adorable Darlings! So how many DGC do you have? We have only one, but feel blessed to have him.

Crock Pot Meatloaf heart emoticon
    Servings: 6
    Ingredients:
    2 eggs, beaten
    3/4 cup milk
    3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
    1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
    2 lbs lean ground beef

Directions:
    1. To remove loaf when done, line crock with wide strip of aluminum foil, coming up sides of crock.

2. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, and soup mix. Mix well, then add meat. Mix thoroughly, then shape into a rectangle or oval that won't touch sides of crock. Place in crock. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
    (source food.com, Photo by MrsJackson32)
    Source food.com

⊰✿░S░H░A░R░E░⊰✿ ░T░O⊰✿░S░A░V░E░⊰✿✻
    `*•♫.•Thanks for passing my posts around to your friends..
    Follow me for daily fun!
    https://www.facebook.com/ginny.devine

6 granddaughters, all 3 years and younger (one is in utero presently).

... I wish I had a crock pot. I've been checking garage sales for one that's pretty.

Thanks for the recipe QNS! What a great time saver, I love using my crockpot! This will be great for my camping group also!

Hi Everyone, I went to the facebook page and I'm going to try the one pot stuffed cabbage (unstuffed )

That meat loaf sounds wonderful! I wonder if DH will let me cook it in the next day or so? LOL He might be glad for the break from cooking.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Good to know info, QNS...thanks.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I just finished reading this thread, enjoying all the good stuff and grandies. We don't have any Grandchildren as yet lol....Anyway, I had a terrible thing happen to my external drive where I back up all my files. I go to check on something and it was wiped clean, all files gone, probably 3000 or more. Files that have been in there for years but I know the important ones. I got a program that would retrieve them and I am shocked that it could. I found all my files and I have those in a folder and I have been going through them for two days now, saving what I want and deleting what I don't.

It takes a long time as it doesn't put the files back in folders, they just come single file, what a mess. Most of them don't have names, just numbers and a lot of them you have to click on to see what they are. I managed to make one more block before this all happened. When I get done with this, I will burn the files to disk and not trust a drive anymore. I can always transfer from disk to drive when I need to. I'll post the block sometime today and probably take a break from all the sorting.

Page 468 of 542 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 467 468 469 478 518 ... LastLast