Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 418 of 542 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 417 418 419 428 468 518 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Mama and her kittens are posted in the picture section: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post7008902

Thank you for looking there. All done. Second one is actually over at the LA lady, but they are the same identical quilts. Now to finish the I SPY binding and get some Christmas packages ready to go. This 'elf' helper is having fun.

Blog Entries
    QNS, Your quilts are very pretty, I really like the pretty colors. I have been extra busy these past few months trying to get all the quilts done and washed for the grands. I have washing them to see how much the will fade, using lots of color catchers. Of all the dumb things I have done doing quilts with RED fabric. I have washed this one 5 times and the red just won't come out of it, so I guess the grandson will get it anyway, he can use it when he goes camping and I will make him another one. Every other quilt came out fine.

Sorry I haven't been on for quite a while, I usually get to read the messages but not responding. I hope every one understands. DH had to change chemo drugs, his hands broke out with the IV drip chemo. Now he takes 4-250 pills every day. At least with these he has not lost his taste for food. With the 1st chemo, nothing tasted good for 10 days, so this is a little better to deal with, but still has a lot of side effects. I received a good report but I still have to see the surgeon every 3 months. I have doing the quilts when I get any spare time. So that helps me keep me going.
    I'm planning on doing the next Farm Wife quilt so I will keep watching this thread. I'll take some pictures and put them on this thread.
    GrannyQ

GrannyQ so glad you stopped by! It is great that your report was so good - 3 months Drs. visits are doable - that is what I thought when I went to 6 months on my Melanoma visits. I'm almost on my 2 year time frame - Yay!

So sorry to hear of your DH trials with his chemo drugs. So many people just give it up and don't want to deal with the side affects. Glad to hear he is sticking with it.

Don't be a stranger here, we are here for you! Hugs!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

QNS that quilt turned out adorable! You're colors are so bright & cheerful and I like how she quilted it. Love the border fabric. Great job!

GrannyQ, I've been thinking about you & DH; so glad you stopped by. Will keep you both in my prayers. Glad you'll join the next FWS ride.

Well, I did it: I stopped by the office to pick up my paycheck and told my office manager & boss that after next Monday, I'm officially done. It wouldn't have been so difficult if they were mean people or pissed me off, but they treat the staff like family. She asked me to stay on and just work vacations or sick days but I said no--it's time for me to make a clean break. I know you guys are probably tired of me talking about this but I couldn't talk to anyone else about it because I was afraid the boss would hear about it before I could talk to him. So!! It's done. Now you are all invited to my house on Monday, Dec. 22 at 7pm for a bonfire: the burning of the uniforms!!!!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

GrannyQ, Good to hear from you..Good that DH will continue with his treatment and good that your reports are good too...Good, good, good!!!!!

Good news for you too Jan!!! I wish I could be there for the "Bonfire"..Take a pic & show us...

QNS, Your quilt is the "Cat's Meow" It turned out great!!!

Work today was very busy...sold quite a few feet, thread etc.. Turned out to be an almost full day..7 hours...
    Having leftover soup & Challah bread for dinner then get my a_ _ in gear to pack for DE tomorrow...I was too tired after the kids on Sunday....See you in a few days...H.

Great ta "see" ya GrannyQ! I have missed ya so much! My prayers are continually agon' out for ya & your DH. Huggs.
    Jan, Yippy! It'll be a party on Mon! (PS don't burn those uniforms, put 'em back & after a bit make your self a lap throw for the memories.)
    Anne have a great trip.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Great day yesterday; baked Christmas cookies. Cranberry orange relish and Peanut Butter blossoms and Peanut butter Chocolate 'hunks' and some plain PBs. Going for the Chocolate Cowboy cookies this morning. Read where if you put a fresh slice of bread or a quarter of an apple into the bag with the cookies, they will draw the moisture from it and will be soft again. Have to try that and see if it works.Will try to get to the PO later today.Also want to put the binding on the "I SPY" and take pictures of it. Hope every has a wonderful day.

My quilty friend & I went on an UN-FART this morning. We met a lady at a quilt show who was opening a new LQS. She gave us the address, sent us emails & ads so today we decided to find it. GPS directed us (waaaaay out in the country) and we found it. Snowing like crazy. Pulled into this rutted, muddy driveway and were greeted by a large dirty barking dog. There wasn't any sign or indication that this was a shop. It was a very run-down house with old cars around it, chickens and a duck. We looked at one another and said "no way". We left and went and had a very nice lunch. Cheapest FART I've ever been on LOL. But you know, we both enjoyed the time together without the pressure of shopping. I really enjoyed myself and so did she. I hope all of you have the time to stop and enjoy something today!

Hi All

Good to read about what so many are up to these days.

QNS--I have tried the slice of bread in cookies and it does help to soften them up a bit.

My dad and I got the 1st "coat" of mud on the drywall today...he thinks 2-3 will be needed depends on how the seams look after the 2nd coat. Then sanding...

I have officially started making Crazy Quilt blocks for my DD's graduation quilt. Patterns are from this site:http://pintangle.com/cq-details/ I am not doing all the fancy ribbons/buttons, but am using her line drawings...started at 6" and I am making 8" instead. Here are the first 4 blocks. I will make at least 48, not sure how big she wants the finished quilt so might need a few more than that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie, what a wonderful start on dd quilt! Love those colors together.

JanRN, I have waiting to hear what your 'boss' told you about retiring! Maybe you can share the story..or not. Love your shopping story. Maybe if you had the phone number, you could have 'found out' if that was the place or not. One place on our June Shop Hop in Iowa was not in Salem, so resourceful Quilter 65 called them; it was way out in the country...we were unsure until we seen her little sign of her quilt shop. It was under construction, but she was open. Fun times back then.

BF Susan, the quilter, is going with us tomorrow so her and Quilter 65 can have fun while I am having my nose job done....setting the alarm for 6:30 am.tomorrow. Still hoping and praying that it will be a two hour job.

I have sampled all the cookies...my changes in every cookie was worth it. If you can detect the mystery ingredients, you can email me. Oh, I have taken pictures of the I SPY quilt which is all done, and will try to post within a couple of days. Enjoy yourselves, be naughty and nice,its that season now.

Oh Jan what a day! LOL
    Carrie I'm so glad that ya'll are gittin the sewin' cave one step closer. I looooove your crazy quilt blocks. I am gittin inta crazy blocks but am willin' ta use my fancy stitches & my embroidery machine for the embellishments. Yours are just lovely the way they are because o' the batik.
    Oh I just had an idea. What if we did a swap where we each sent a Crazy block & we all decorate part o' each other's block. I have done this w/another group & it has been so much fun.
    Sue Our prayers are goin' out for ya for tamarrow. HUGGS
    Bev

It is a NO go today; quilter 65 hit big snow furry and it was starting to ice, so we cancelled the trip to DM today and she turned around to go back home. No sense in risking anyone's life. We will re-schedule for January and hope for better weather. Its clear North of 34, but its bad here.

So back to being Mrs. Claus and putting all the elves to work. Take care everyone.

QNS--so sorry to hear you'll have to wait a few more weeks to get in for an appointment....hopefully the Iowa weather will cooperate better in January. I am looking forward to seeing your I Spy quilt.

I got 2 more crazy blocks done late yesterday afternoon. They don't take long, just hard on the brain! Scrappy is really hard for me....

Carrie, love your crazy blocks. I can't do scrappy well---it takes me forever to pick the colors then arrange them. I'm doing the QOTS mini blocks and one of them is a Crazy block--I did it 3 times before I was happy and it's the easiest of all the blocks LOL.

Got all my holiday baking done yesterday. Well, actually, MrJanRN & I went to the Amish bakery and I bought 8 dozen of all kinds. (Please don't tell QNS--I'm embarrassed that I can't bake!) They're baking them on site so you can see them working. Mmmmm-the yummy sights & smells. We also went to the Cheese Factory--again all freshly made. I don't need anything else--just give me cheese & cookies (maybe a glass of wine) and I'm a happy girl!

My written message just disappeared! Try again.

JanRN, If I were there, I would join you in that Bakery in a New York minute and get 10 dozen different things! I am counting the things in that Bakery in my sleep tonight!

I did manage to email all on expected delivery dates and the errors that occured so I hope all is correct now and coming to you on those dates. It took a long conversation with the PO, but I think we did it.

Lack of eye sight was at fault. Like the way I did not notice Mega going into my closet before we left for town and we were looking all over for her and I remembered taking a winter vest out of the closet, and there she was...just fine...but glad to be out of my closet! LOL!

I am gonna vent!!! I am mad at my #1DSis. I will be over it by tamarrow but tanight I am mad. She & I are makin' our nieces some denim purses. I am supplyin' the denim & usin' my embroidery machine ta put their names & a design on 'em. She is constructin' 'em (on the sewin' machine that I gave her.) A week & a half ago I sent an e-mail w/20 designs ta choose from for her ta choose 4. She waited till Wed ta pick 'em out (I even had ta go ta her house ta git her ta do it.) They were off sale by that time. (Yes I paid for 'em.) Anyway I got 'em downloaded Wed evenin & got several o' 'em done yesterday. Early taday she said that one o' the names needs ta be purple instead o' red. (I don't have a problem w/that in o' itself.) Then taday I spent most o' the day w/DGN. (Her DGSon) I am tired rignt now. Well She called & said that she accidentally cut one o' the designs out wrong. (Again not a problem in o' itself. I'll do it again.) We talked for a bit then she wanted ta know if I was gonna git the rest o' the designs done tanight so I could I bring 'em ta her in th'mornin'. I said that I if I went in there right now I'd just mess up & I'll do 'em tamarrow. Well she put pressure on me ta do 'em tanight. She said that she wasn't like me & couldn't start her other projects till the purses were finished. Then she mentioned all the other projects she wants ta do by Christmas. She finally realized that I wasn't gonna do 'em tanight but said that if I got the energy ta go back in there ta give her a call. NOT. If I want ta go in the sewin' room I won't be callin' her. (If I had the designs a week & a half ago The purses would have been done by now.)
    Thanks ya'll for lettin me vent. Tamarrow I'll be all over this & she & I will be gittin' along just fine. I just needed ta vent about it tanight.

Bev

Good to hear from all of you...My trip to De took an extra 1.5 hours sitting in traffic.. traveled 5 miles in that time.. tractor trailor jackknifed across 2 of the 3 lanes.....we made it to Bingo but I didn't win..DSis won 55$....After that...The baking marathon began....2 and a half days and roughly 1,200 baked cookies later, I was ready to fall into bed...Bev, we also had a few words..Her:too big, take some of that jam off, don't yell at me.. Me: you're yelling at me!, I never made these cookies before...We're not done for the night yet??? I got a hug, a present and a big tin of cookies and "Thanks for all your help Honchey" when I left yesterday afternoon...All in all another year to remember
    baking the cookies...I hope her shoulder is healed by next year .
    I will be resting from my trip by trimming the rest of the tree the kids missed and wrapping some gifts...picking up some of my little messes and hopefully reconnecting some wires on a sewing machine that only sews backwards...it's such a pretty little machine and I want to get her going the right way.
    Carrie, the blocks are so vibrant..it will certainly be an eye popper when done...
    Jan, I like your way of baking cookies..
    Nina, I can't wait to open the box no matter when it gets here.

Anyone making a special or traditional dish for Christmas???

Bah humbug, no Christmas cooking here, no one is coming to our house, just dh and me. Kids live out of state, no money or time to come. Thanks to all of you, I did get to bake a few cookies. Jury is still out on them. And feeling blessed that we do have each other.

And I did contribue to the neighbor widow whose eight kids are coming home with their families for her Christmas. Fixed big crock pot of Chili, and packed a box of homemade stuff for her to use. Yes, she is a lucky one that can afford it, but its Christmas and she is a very good neighbor to have and will visit with us. And her kids all help out with the food and the fixing, etc. Will see her again after the New Year comes and the children and grandchildren all go back home.

This will be a first for Bob & I...I want to do lunch out on Christmas Eve and then just have tidbits for the evening..Possibly a Ham for Christmas Day..I'm going to try a different glaze for the ham...brown sugar/mustard... I'm not sure if the "Kids" will want to have dinner with us as they will already be stuffed from being with their parents for early dinner..Not sure of any arrangements for the 2 days...

QNS, It's so nice to have neighbors that are neighborly... I have one neighbor left that was living here when we moved here in 1969....Her children would babysit my son...now their children have children...I remember it like it was yesterday....
    I have to go out now to see about that HAM!!!

Blog Entries
    It seems like. I'm getting to be a "silent" member here of late, but guess what? I can now talk after 3 weeks. Sent off package to NC this am after an all nighter. 1 doll quilt and bedding, 1 flannel quilt, and 1 denim sock later...Sorry no. Pics--not a priority this morning. Pleased that was only $18 priority mail to send and should arrive Tuesday. Talking freezing rain on Monday so rushed the sewing not taking a chance of being late. DS#3 flies in Sunday night--hope fog prediction doesn't happen. DD coming Wed, nephew also. SIL on Thursday. Santa's workshop is not closed yet. Better make the best of what's left of the day. Will resurface sometime next week. Until then take care.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Well DSis & I got along just fine taday. She didn't know that I was unhappy w/her. I guess I held my temper well & just stood firm. I hope that I can continue ta not loose my temper from now on. The reason it gits ta me is I spent most o' my childhood & part o' my adult life w/her tellin' me what ta do. If I feel pressure from her I git hot under my collar. DH said that he was proud o' me for not givin' in.
    I did git the rest o' the designs finished taday. I'll take 'em ta her tamarrow.
    I appreciate it so much that ya'll let me vent.
    Bev

That is what we are here for dublb! We love you gal, anytime you want to vent, that is fine with us! I'm sure I am speaking for the whole FWS crew!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Sometimes venting is so much better than holding it in.....

A quick post--finished new DIL's Christmas stocking tonight and took a pic. Not as detailed as GC #10's ( little one skating on a pond with a tree in background) so went together quickly. Looks like I have to push out the toe a little bit. With new baby on the way (yup Grand # 11) I will have another one to make next year.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oksewglad, I love the stocking!!!! I hope you don't mind me making a couple of these...They are so cute!!! I have a ton of jeans that are begging to be cut up...leaving the integrity of the "seam" makes it special... You've been so very busy while you've been "away"

Very cute, OK, but those late nights are going to get to you if you are not careful. Do take care of yourself, please.

The I SPY is in the mail to be delivered Monday or Tuesday. The backing picture of Thomas the train:
    Name:  1-DSCN0045.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  160.0 KBAnd the front I SPY :Name:  1-DSCN0043.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  199.1 KB Along time in construction, its a relief to get it done, but very happy to give it to the two year old boy.

Page 418 of 542 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 417 418 419 428 468 518 ... LastLast