Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 419 of 542 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 418 419 420 429 469 519 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I ended up at the ER w/my DM all night long. He BP was 229 over 115 at one point. It sure was scarry. They go tit down by about 5am & I got her home by about 6:00. When I got home DH had not only made me the cup o' tea I had asked for he had a plate o' scrambled eggs just outta the skillet ready for me. I am spoiled. I have only been up about an hour.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

So lucky to have such a caring DH, dublb! What a gem (as my dear SIL calls my husband)!!! Glad your DM is doing better - very scary!

Love your I Spy QNS - just darling! I know that 2 yr old will love looking at all those blocks!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

OK, that stocking is too cute. Like Anne said, the seam makes it--keeps the jeans feeling.

QNS, what a bright & cheery I Spy and such great backing. When my son was little he loved Thomas.

Bev--take a deeeeeep breath! You've certainly had an eventful few days. I agree with Jeanie, your DH is a gem and I'm glad you have someone to take such good care of you.

Tomorrow is the big day: my last day at work. I'll report back to yinz after it's over--you've all been so supportive and encouraging. Thanks for putting up with all my whining & debating over this very big (to me) decision!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I'll bet you will grinning all day Jan! I am kind of like you when I retired - but not by choice! They kept calling me back in to train the girl that took my place - but they did not hire her until 2 months after I left! I was going back in for several hours at a time for months. I just found out that she is retiring at the end of the month, but they got smart and started training someone else a few months ago!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Well, It's Monday night and I think I smell some smoke now...it's been drifting in from the western part of Pa..Can anyone else smell it???

I can't smell any smoke here west of you, but I did get some yummy cookies and jam today! Thank you QNS!!!

I'm now officially retired!! And yes, that is the smoke from my bonfire--good bye scrubs! I keep thinking I should feel sad but I don't LOL. I'm almost giddy. It was so busy--the flu has hit our area with a vengeance. Out of 32 patients, 14 had flu-like symptoms. I'm going to take a shower in hand sanitizer--I was coughed, sneezed, wheezed, etc., on all day. I washed my hands so many times they're raw. But it was a nice day. My boss & his wife sent me a huge Christmas flower arrangement to the office, nice to smell roses instead of patients. The girls gave me Joanne's gift cards and of course there were lots of cookies to munch on. Got lots of hugs from long-time patients; made me feel good. I always thought patients thought nurses are invisible, never notice us unless there's a problem but they all said they'll miss me. How nice everyone was. I'm glad it's done. Maybe I should change my screen name to JanNOT rn LOL.

Honchey, just wood smoke from near by furnaces here.

You are most welcome, Carrie. Thanks for letting me know they arrived! Our DD also got hers today. The I SPY did not make it to the two year old boy today; I hope it gets there tomorrow. Its under QB Pictures, Thomas the train I SPY quilt...for another look at it.

JanRN, now retired, best wishes to you. I enjoyed your story and the moments you shared with us.

Waiting for the Harry and David Fruit to arrive sent by a lady in Texas I have never met. But I have been sending them homemade cookies and jam for several years, and she and her husband are kind enough to share the joy of the season back with us in the form of Harry and Davis mixed boxes of fruit. I have been known to have a 'teary' moment when they arrive. With our DC so busy in their own lives, we do not exchange 'gifts', just exchange Christmas cards or wishes through the internet. We sometimes get a phone call or a rare photo of DGS, but its just us two there for each other since we retired here. And that is a blessing, to have each other. Bless each of you this season for letting me 'share' some homemade goodies with all of you.

Blog Entries
    Right now DGS 4 yo is checking the packages under the tree claiming that it is already Christmas. He is so tired. Mom is showing him what day we can open gifts. Once they are gone it's time to sweep and mop the floors. Rest of the family comes in tomorrow so has to be done by then. And it's too dirty to let it go. 2nd doll quilt set under the tree. Have 2 wool felted purses to sew. Got them cut out while DIL was wrapping our presents for me.
    Cute quilts QNS..should provide countless hours of searching...and yes pkg arrived and the plates are now empty. Thanks again.
    I'm so disappointed,Jan. I was hoping to see a "scrub" quilt....Yes and so nice to feel appreciated.
    Deep breaths, dublb. Wonderful to have a dear DH in times of crisis.

Now off to get some floors cleaned. Merry Christmas all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

The fruit arrived as did my new walking stick. Finally, it feels like Christmas. And yes, the quilt "I SPY" made it to the little two year old boy for Christmas.

DS received his box, and he was delighted with it. What plans do you have for Christmas eve? Christmas Day?? May it be merry and bright for all.

I'm finally done with all the last minute shopping that I should have done last week...Now tomorrow is when it all gets put together...

I want to wish all of you a Blessed Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year....

We celebrate tonight so I'll be in the kitchen most of the day. I want to echo Anne's wishes and hope you have Peace & Joy throughout the coming year. You all are such blessings in my life.

Merry Christmas to everyone. We are having my mom and her husband for brunch this morning. The rest of the day and tomorrow will just be staying home as a family. Nothing too exciting here...just like we like it!

Merry Christmas ya'll! We are all so busy! DD & her family are here. We had Christmas eve at my DM's house th'sevenin' & will have Christmas Dinner at about 1:00 tamarrow here at my house. Then we will go ta Brady early Fri am. We are gonna head home on Sunday. DH wants ta hunt again before the season is over. Our huntin lease is close ta Midland.
    PS We got the box from QNS taday. DGKs were so excited! DD had ta tell 'em that they couldn't open the jam tanight. She wanted it for breakfast & knew that they'd eat it all if she let 'em open it. What a blessin'! Thank You so much Sue!
    Last edited by dublb; 12-24-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    Bev

My box from QNS came yesterday! Oh how nice and yummy is that!

I was in the kitchen all day baking rolls and making a jello salad for tomorrow. We have 11 coming for dinner, than another 10 for dessert later in the evening. Should be a fun day.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I, also received my goody package yesterday....Very nice surprise...

Here's wishing all of you again a Very Merry Christmas & a Healthy New Year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a lovely tree Anne.
    Merry Christmas ta all o' ya'll!
    We had several people that are sick so instead o' 21 we had 15 for Christmas Dinner. It was a nice & relaxin' meal.
    We are gonna head ta Brady tamarrow for the weekend. It'll make DD's trip back ta Houston be split up.
    Last edited by dublb; 12-25-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Bev

How spoiled are my grandchildren???? We waited until the afternoon to open any gifts and when they arrived they thought that all the presents were for them!!!! their response was..."There's never enough" ! Next year they will have recycled jeans stockings with coal in them!!!

I am enjoying a very relaxed day after Christmas....

Oh Jan, I got the Cuisinart 5 in 1 Panini griddle from DH as my gift...I'll let you know how I like it.. I'll be using it at the vacation house...It's all electric so it will be better used there than here in NJ..

Have a good weekend everyone!!! By the way, MSQC has free shipping today...

Honchey, that is a beautiful Christmas tree. How long do you leave your Christmas tree up? Modern day children are smart and love electronic 'toys', but have never had to 'earn' their expensive toys. A lady in CC brought her son into his school library to 'give' a couple of sets of Harry Potter, to teach him how to 'give' and 'share' with others. I thought she had the right idea. Somehow, we need to pass on the real meaning of CHRISTmas. We quit buying commercial 'toys' back in 1972 for our children and home made all their Christmas gifts after that.

How long do the rest of you leave your Christmas tree up:?

Month's supply of most items are put away for January. Does anyone else eat black eyed peas and greens for New Year's Day? We do....an old folklore for good luck all year and be financially sound.

I agree QNS! After buying the boys a Christmas Gift that they "had to have" that was shown on TV one year, never again! They were bored with that toy way too soon. After that I informed them that anything they saw advertised on TV they would NOT get! They are too gimmicky (sp??). I guess I was a "mean" mom, but that's OK! I made sure that anything I purchased was something they could learn from, or sports related and they could use for many years.

We ended up with 12 for dinner and another 8 for dessert and gift exchange. I got 3 light weight jackets! Oh dear! Just what I did not need!

Had a nice day after Christmas. Finally got to do some sewing--it's been over a week and I think I was having withdrawal symptoms LOL. Anne, I also got a paninni maker--used it today for ham sandwiches. Love it already. My son was here a few months ago and saw me looking at one on-line; I'm surprised he remembered and got it for me.

QNS, our New Year's Day dinner is always pork & sauerkraut with mashed potatoes. Supposed to bring good luck for the coming year. I also place some nickels & dimes outside on the porch on New Year's Eve--supposed to bring good fortune. I'm so blessed that I'm afraid to skip any of these rituals or superstitions. Do any of you have any superstitions related to New Year's? I love old folk tales and lore--love to read about how they originated.

Anne, very pretty tree! Ours is an artificial green that's starting to look like Charley Brown's tree. We usually take it down the Sunday after New Year's. Jeanie, 3 jackets? Hmm, maybe exchange them for something you do need. Sounds like you had a great day.

My Mom always told me never do something you don't like to do on New Year's Day because you'll be doing it all year long...Never eat anything winged before eating something else first otherwise all your money will fly away for the year...We always had a pork dish to eat on New Year's Day...

My tree used to stay up for 2 weeks after Christmas when I was a lot younger but now that I'm older & wiser it comes down a day after New Year's Day..It is also an artificial tree.. very sparsely decorated.. the "kid's got bored & tired and left most of the decorations in the box...and that's where they stayed....

Blog Entries
    We enjoyed oyster stew and farm raised turkey today at N and N's. Had Christmas Day leftovers for supper tonight. Way too many sweets! DD likes to make the best candies. House will become quiet tomorrow and life returns to normal. Boys are finishing up a new version Monopoly game....no money..debit cards swiped and read with a handheld device. Colored plastic game pieces...a jet,Scotty dog, a race car and headphones. Gone are the thimble, cannon, iron, and cash.....
    Tree went up Monday decorated by kids. I picked out red and white ornaments to be used. Like yours Honchey, they tuckered out, but I finished putting the ornaments on...it would have been a very bare tree otherwise. I usually leave it up a couple of weeks, too. I think what I'm going to do this year is eliminate some of the decorations that were not used before I put the tree away. I didn't use half the stuff I usually put out....Is this a sure sign of aging? I had several broken old glass ones over the year. Not sure why

Last night board games played by all ages..good time by all. Cat population declined by one as nephew's GF took a kitten back home for her roommate after cell phone messages and pictures sent!

NY tradition here..keep track of the weather the first 12 days of the year and that weather will correspond with the months of the year. I'm sewing and fixing steak for NY's day...thanks for the heads up.
    Night all
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Ok, the old fashioned Monopoly game is available on Amazon.com. Progress and change is not always the right answer, at least to me. Could be I am just set in my old ways and reluctant/resistant to change. I do not have a smart phone...it might be smarter than me.nor Kindle. I do admire the Kindles, but they are a bit high in price.

I did get into my quilt room today and started working on Tennessee Waltz again. King size takes 200 four piece blocks for the corners for the 50 Fifty-four forty.blocks. Some were made too short, so I am re-measuring each pair before completing each four piece block. One stitch at a time, one day at a time, making some progress slowly. Have ten other projects to finish also. My Mo friend loved the I SPY quilt; her son-in-law wants a SF 40ers King size quilt made like that pattern. Even for $250 and supplies furnished, I will not attempt it. A different pattern, maybe.

Butterball turkeys were on sale yet, at $1.18 per pound, so I chose another one to roast today. Then I cut up all the meat and packed it into 12 jars to process and can. We both were so tired, we stored half of them in the car overnight and will finish the processing tomorrow. they will make very good noodles later in the winter.

I don't know how you accomplish all you do QNS! You just amaze me!

Page 419 of 542 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 418 419 420 429 469 519 ... LastLast