Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 409 of 542 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 408 409 410 419 459 509 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Hi Bev, The surprise is later today..Now, it's time to clear the dining room table in order to decorate...I was going to make a meatloaf for Dunch but it's going to be sausage & meatballs instead..I thought it was too late to start and then looked at the clock...I have an extra hour!!!

Ok everyone, here is the quilt I did with the 7th Mystery Quilt here on the board. I did not like the A and D fabrics together, but went ahead with it. I think by adding the yellow on the border it draws the eyes away from the triangles in the middle. Maybe too much yellow - huh!!! Maybe I'll take the yellow off and add the light pink color! The more I study the photo, the more I like that idea.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Hi Bev, The surprise is later today..Now, it's time to clear the dining room table in order to decorate...I was going to make a meatloaf for Dunch but it's going to be sausage & meatballs instead..I thought it was too late to start and then looked at the clock...I have an extra hour!!!

Here's hopin' that it goes well. Hmmm it might be over by now. That time change sure does mess us up doesn't it?
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Ok everyone, here is the quilt I did with the 7th Mystery Quilt here on the board. I did not like the A and D fabrics together, but went ahead with it. I think by adding the yellow on the border it draws the eyes away from the triangles in the middle. Maybe too much yellow - huh!!! Maybe I'll take the yellow off and add the light pink color! The more I study the photo, the more I like that idea.

Now ain't that purdy!? I like the yellow but pink might be even better. I can't wait ta see how it comes out!
    Bev

We couldn't find the Texans on the TV taday. It looks like the station choose the Cowboys over the Texans. DH found it on the radio so I listened ta the game as I worked sewin' bindin's on several things. The Texans lost! I'm on the down hill slide as far as gittin' the bindin's on. Had ta take a break & rest my back.
    Bev

Jeanie, I like that. I keep looking at it picturing it with the pink border. I'm not a "yellow" type gal so I'm thinking I'd also like the pink better. But then again, maybe we need to try something out of our comfort zone. I'm not much help am I????? Either way, great job.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Well My son was surprised by the decorations and it shoed when he walked in the dining room... He was carrying the cake his eldest son's mom made...Matty decorated it..He kept on pointing out every step he took in doing it... He also told me he no longer likes meatballs...I told him several weeks ago what went in the mix to making them. I wish he had told me earlier.
    Jeanie, The yellow is kind of growing on me but I would just lay the pink on the outside just to see the difference...It turned out great!!!

here's a couple of photos :

Anne, great decorations for your son's birthday. Good job on the cake, looks yummy too!

Thanks everyone for the comments on my quilt. I think I'll be happier with the pink. We are going to Phoenix to visit the grandkids in a couple of weeks, so I'll take the quilt with me to switch out the border. Always have my small Brother in our motorhome so I can have something to keep me occupied! I'm so ADD, I just have to be doing something all the time. Cannot just watch TV, I always have a puzzle going or some other busy work.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jan should be very happy today Her team won yesterday and it's one less Monday for work..
    Poor Bev, Her team lost
    Today, I'll be doing a little housework..as little as possible... then maybe whisk the leaves off the front & back steps..I need some Vitamin D and the Sun is shining gloriously today ..some fresh air would hurt either..I promised myself I would spend some time with my sewing machine..maybe I'll try to complete an angel or two...Oooh,, I have the photo in the scanner..I'll try to post it..Anne

I can't believe I did it so quick!!!
    Last edited by Honchey; 11-03-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Hi all! Sounds like everyone is keeping busy..nice to hear updates and especially that some are getting time sewing!

Busy as usual here Not a lot of time in the clubhouse, but I did get my nephew's quilt done and delivered. I worked on cutting batting and backing strips for my niece's quilt Saturday and didn't end up having to work today so hope to start quilting that this afternoon. Working on school now. All three kids are being homeschooled again (starting this week) so just adding one more thing to my list of things to do each day. (Oldest DD has been in public school 3 yrs, but home now and will graduate a year early.) Youngest DD is in choir this year. All three are in archery...that's 2 practices a week starting next Monday. I work at the hotel 2-3 days during the week (and often one day on the weekend). One day it will all slow down, but for now things are going well.

Great to hear from you Carrie. What a lot of work preparing for the home schooling! Don't know how you get as much done as you do!

Jeanie, She's (Carriem) young!!!!!

Jeanie, She's (Carriem) young!!!!!
    Yep, not old timers like us!!!

JeaieG, I like the yellow in the quilt; th more I look at it the more I like it. But if it does not satisfy you, and you want it pink, then it will be pink.

Honchey, lovely party deco and great job with the cake and icing. Those smiles makes it all worth while.

Carrie, you are going to be meeting your self coming and going But then you are young yet...us older grannies are given grand children to sent home at night! God has planned it well indeed!

Physical is done; ready for Wednesday; chicken feed is stocked up and heater purchased for the garage and Mega is demanding attention.\

Carrie, wow! Homeschoolin' 3 kids! Ya go girl!
    I'm tired taday! It was laundry day & DH & I had a lotta financial discussions. Things are lookin' a bit better'n what I thought. We ran a ton o' numbers. We also talked ta #1DSon about buyin' DMIL's house. I bet that w/in a year he'll buy it then we will make up the difference & pay our house off! He has been rentin' it for the last 4 years.
    Bev

Out to vote tomorrow and then home to do several chores. Installing new propane heater in garage, doing laundry, and those other household chores that need to be done. Rumors are there is a mountain lion in the area that killed a dog in Hartford last night, so dh secured his fowl tonight and will do more so tomorrow. Keeping Mega in her cage while we are gone; she does not like it, but she is safe there.

Dublb, sounds like you and your dh have a plan and that is good news indeed! Two heads are always better than one, I have been told a number of times in my early years. I think, you nailed all the birthstones correctly in the quilt. Guess the deer blind has not been successful yet...so many hunt here in the area and makes all the business folk smile as they count the $$$$. Not sure that many deer are actually bagged in the field, and some cabins are left with a lot of beer cans and empty liquor bottles...and empty stories about the one who got away!

Tomorrow is a new day; I hope big smiles comes from arrival of a couple of boxes...my swap box will not arrive until Friday morning there. After the 15th of the month, she will mail our charms back to us. Something to look forward to then. Enjoy the days of the week, letting more cheer into every day....and spread Sunshine when you can in your area.

Sue DH really hasn't hunted yet. He woke late on Sun so he went ahead & did the other stuff he & I had disscussed about the blinds. I guess he didn't want ta hunt th'smornin'. I think he is waitin' a bit ta let things seem more normal. At least the lease is only about 30 - 45 min's from the house dependin' on how dark it is. He drives slow in the dark LOL
    Bev

It is good that your dh drives slow, Dublb...he might bag a deer with his vehicle like they do in Iowa.In Alaska, it was Moose that jumped up into the way or down on a car. Or in front of a plane.

Voting done; now to get to work on the house. Laundry started.

I voted taday too. Then My apprentice came over & I took her ta the LQS while I bought the rest o' the stuff I need for my Nieces 3rd baby's quilt & blankets. We then came here, starched, pressed & cut 12 FQ's inta 2 1/2" strips. This is for a quilt she works on when she gits a chance. It is really hard as she has a toddler. It's gonna be a real cute quilt if she ever gits it done.
    Last edited by dublb; 11-04-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    Bev

QNS, tomorrow's the big day, I'm praying for you!!

QNS, tomorrow's the big day, I'm praying for you!!
    Ditto!!!!!!!
    Bev

Thanks, I believe in prayer. I just want on the other side of the surgery NOW.....And praying for you dh, too, Honchey.

Good luck tomorrow QNS! My prayers will be with you too, and God Willing you will be seeing great out of that eye soon!

Yes, I can SEE. Much better now. But he did not remove the nose piece sore on the left side; thought it looked cancerous and will remove it in a couple of weeks in his office in Des Moines and do the biopsy of it then.

So glad that your surgery went well..Just make sure you follow the DR's instructions!!!!

Page 409 of 542 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 408 409 410 419 459 509 ... LastLast