Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 421 of 542 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 420 421 422 431 471 521 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

So sorry to hear about your storm damage dublb! Be careful if you go out! You too Jan!

I am nursing a sinus infection, feel like crap! Hopefully when I get a couple more bouts of antibiotic in me, I'll start feeling better. Just have no energy!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie, you and me are in the same boat!!! everything has settled in my chest and I'm having a hard time getting it up & out. I just came back form doing some food shopping and I'm exhausted..everything is still in the car..Dh is going to have to bring it all in...

Bev , I hope everything is ok with all those trees coming down. Jan, you too stay safe...I hope your electric doesn't go out...it's only raining here and it's 41*....Anyone hear about the sun partially turning black???

I think it's going to be an early nite for me.. Take care everyone....H.

Anyone hear about the sun partially turning black???

WHAT!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Dsis said that she heard it on the news that there was a little section in one of the sun's quadrants that turned black! I haven't heard anything about it..I'm going to google it just to see... Nope, Nothing about it...
    Last edited by Honchey; 01-03-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Honchey, you cannot always believe the news services and the stories they 'tell' these days.

Dublb, hope your roof is fine once the tree limb is removed.

JeanieG and Honchey, I hope you are both feeling better.

Its iced here about 1/19 of an inch and snowed about two inches. Perfect weather to go into the quilt room and sew. Almost have nine stars done for the TW....that's two rows worth...out of eleven rows. Have a good day, and may it be save one where ever you are going today.

The temps are so much better. The sun was shinin' bright. DH & DSon got a ton o' the branches taken care o'. The devastation o' all the towns trees is amazin'. There is still a giant branch that is on top o' other branches over the roof that my guys can't git safely. We are gonna have ta call a tree service ta take care o' it. There are still a bunch o' broken branches that need ta be taken care o' out back.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb, and JeanieG, please send some sunshine and heat this way. It is BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR city here this week... one above today and it goes below zero Tuesday and Wednesday! Thank goodness, I do not have to get out into the cold this week.

Home sweet home, where it is warm and comfortable with a quilt room to enjoy the progress there. May all of you be warm and comfortable, and doing what you want to do today!

Brrrr here too, QNS. After our ice storm on Saturday (no damage thank God) it was 60* here yesterday. Today it's 13* with howling winds; but at least it's sunny. MrJanRn & I did our monthly Costco trip this morning. You wouldn't think 2 people would need to shop in bulk but we've found ways to stretch our budget by doing this. And since I'm retired now-YAY!--any little bit helps. We haven't seen a lot of sunshine this month so I believed Anne's sister about a black spot on the sun LOL.

Better get to the Bat Cave and try to do something productive. Stay warm everyone.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Yes yes an inside day here as well. Midday it's -4. To get snow this afternoon with wind. Winter is officially here. Planning to sort through cow records and eliminate pages on cows we no longer have..We save information on animals who have progeny in the herd. I sometimes use that information when I compile ads for the farm. Hopefully not an all day job, but have a feeling it will be.

Jeanie and Honchey hope those sinus infections are going away...

I did get a couple of things done--shock--The star quilt has been waiting to be quilted for almost 10 years if not longer. The mini I made for my sister and put the valentine fabric on back for her to use after Christmas. Also have a new mini top that I finished. Now have to go back to the real world after a weekend of fun...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OK, I see lots of quilty things underneath that cute topper for your Dsis. You manage to stay busy in your sewing room...
    It must be cold but it's very sunny outside today..not at all like yesterday..very foggy & misty & rainy...It also is going to be verrrrry cold the next few days...
    I'm still struggling with the bug I have..taking the second dose of meds for it...It has settled in my chest... DH is now coughing and has a runny nose.....work called and I had to refuse..I wouldn't last 2 hours....
    Everyone stay warm and don't get sick!!! H.

OK - those mini's are just darling. What a grand idea to make the backing for use in February! You are so clever.

We are definitely in for a few days of warm temperatures here. It is 79* here right now! I hate when this happens in January, as it screws up the fruit trees into thinking Spring is here, and they want to bud and flower. Then it gets cold again and everything dies. Ugh = no fruit on the trees for summer! Darn!!! The weather has been in the very low 60's for the past week, so we will enjoy the warmth while it is here.

I am still not up to par health wise. My sinuses seem better, but I still don't have my usual energy! I really need to dustmop my house, but sure don't feel like it. Oh well, maybe tomorrow!
    Last edited by JeanieG; 01-05-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Jeanie, you had to rub it in about the temperature??????? Like Anne, we're to get the coldest weather since last winter, snow tomorrow. It will be our first "snowstorm" so the stores were probably crowded. One local weather man reports snow totals as: 1-3", don't worry; 3-5" go get milk & bread; 5+" stock up on milk, bread, and toilet paper. Sorry you & Anne aren't feeling well. I keep seeing stories about the flu and other upper respiratory infections that are supposed to be pretty bad this year.

OK, love those quilts. I laughed about you waiting 10 years to quilt one. When my son was in kindergarten I hand embroidered copies of his drawings and made a quilt; rolled it up and put it away. When I finally got around to quilting it, I traced my grandson's hands! That was an 18 year project LOL.

I love the mini's! So cute!
    It is pretty here taday but it's supposed ta git cold again on Wed. Sigh. School started again taday so my DGNephew came again. We worked hard. I have a workbook that will help him work on comprehension. His teacher told me what strategies she wants him ta use so we went that direction. We then had ta do 3 math correction pages. Well we only got 2 o' 'em done & he is gonna do the other one at home. I think that after a week o' the workbook we will start another book & just do the workbook 2 days a week.
    Bev

Dublb, sounds so much like the teachers I remember.

OK, looks like more than cow records are done! Love the mini quilts...someday...I will do one.

JanRN, I ask JeanieG for warmer weather just to thaw out things here. After tomorrow, perhaps we will see a slight warming trend away from below zero and single digits.Thank goodness, I can stay inside our warm house and sew in the quilt room! And talk to friends on the cell phone!. LOL, how did we live without that?

Brrrr-it is so cold! Got a little snow yesterday, some more coming today. But the temps are around 9* with windchills -20*. How do people live in Minot, ND? Their windchill is -55*????? I'm ready to move south.

Got the Medallion top finished that used 10 more of my 50 Fab Stars. I like how it turned out, now to quilt it. But my Quilters ADD has me off doing another project already. I love the little mini blocks from QOTS and have been doing them each month so that's what I'm working on now. Then I need to make a spring time long table runner for the B&B so I get to put off quilting my Medallion top even longer. Have I mentioned that quilting is my least favorite part LOL??

In March, MrJanRN is taking our DGD to China for 10 days as a graduation present. She's studied Chinese for the past 3 years and he still has a lot of former colleagues there. I figure that will be the perfect time to do lots of quilting when he's not here; I do better if I don't have to start and stop.

Stay warm any way you can today, ladies (except Jeanie, darn her!)

It's not that cold here just 21* right now..the sun is bright & warm to your face...I'll have to call Dsis to find out what happened to the black of the sun I, too, don't like the quilting part of this hobby..I guess it's because I don't do it well.

I traveled with a group of women I worked with to Japan & China in 1985.. It was wonderful..I even experienced a 6.5 earthquake from the 27th floor of the hotel we stayed at during the middle of the night.It felt like a sledge hammer bumped me out of bed..windows actually sounded like the tinkling of frozen rain hitting them... the building actually swayed!! Although Japan is very modern compared to China, I found the people of China to be more friendly..Their smiles went right up to their eyes, their faces glowed.

I'm going to make 2 star blocks, one red one blue for the Quilt of Valor that will be auctioned/raffled this coming May. I should say cut the fabric for the blocks I better get to it while the thought is still in my head..

So, Jan, do we get to see a picture??

Cold here too...below zero. Got 6-7" of snow Monday night. Staying home...might work on insulation some more. It is "floor insulation" but actually above my head since my room is on a loft, so not easy work. DH put up some lath to hold the insulation in place until it is stapled so that helps. I don't plan to sew, but will get some more measuring done on the crazy quilt blocks (I measure the papers and pre-cut fabrics). I now have 24 done!! Half way there.

I'm going to try to post a pic of the Medallion quilt top. I've never done this from an IPhone pic before:Name:  IMG_0092.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  74.7 KB

Love it JanRN, now may we see the mini blocks from Quilting on the Square? I have downloaded them, but not worked them up yet.

Jan that's beautiful! I just love it! How did ya git that pict off your Iphone? I can't figure how ta git picts ta load from my I Phone6.
    Gosh but I'm tired! I picked up my 3yo DGS & he played here from 1 till I took him back before 3. I then went & picked up my DGN again. I have crashed in my chair sense his DDad has picked him up. DH has leftovers on the kitchen island so I guess I'd better go & git some.
    Bev

Jan--what a great idea! Maybe I can make a few of the mini blocks to use as a border for my star blocks...hmmm. I keep changing my mind on how I want to finish my 2 quilts.

Oh Jan, you did a great job on your Star Quilt. I love it!

Still cold here with a bitter wind that takes the temp down to a minus 16 degrees. Perfect for planning garden items and wish list of young chicks, guineas, ducks and turkeys. And deciding when they will be ordered. White giant turkeys that weigh up to 45 pounds, giant big Pekin ducks, giant pearl guineas, Black Jersey Giants....and a few more varieties of chicks. We can dream of 'big' fowl in our future! LOL!

Continuing to work on TW, but getting bored of repeat and repeat and repeat the TW star 'legs'...so will put another two rows together to help keep things moving.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

It's sooo cold and I need to go to the store...I'm dreading it....

Blog Entries
    Blizzard warning in my neck of the woods. Kids no school, but they stayed home this morning...13 yo watched the 2 younger ones so no a.m. interruptions ..folder clothes and cleared DH's closet out. Now to rag up the old t shirts.

What a sharp looking quilt, Jan. Laughed at you old UFO..lucky to have a backup hand to trace!

Dublb must be back tutoring now that school's back in session...hope there's no roof damage, Bev.

Keep at the quilt QNS...you'll get it done in no time.

Been thinking of our others..hi to you all...hope weather's been treating you okay and you are getting some sewing time in.

During BB games been getting some finishes done..a little HST mini that I HQ'd and a mini I started earlier...yeah, sharp eyed Honchey spied the pieces under one of the pics I posted...just stitched the binding this afternoon. Pics later. Stay warm every one...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 421 of 542 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 420 421 422 431 471 521 ... LastLast