Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 416 of 542 FirstFirst ... 316 366 406 415 416 417 426 466 516 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I've had asthma for the last few days. I'm takin' all o' my asthma medicine & drinkin' double strength hot tea. Am wired ta the tilt. I hate that inhaler! Makes me shake. I'm not gittin' any sleep a'tall! I guess the cold front that blew through on Tues. AM had a bunch o' cedar pollen blow through w/it. I am highly allergic ta cedar pollen. Cedar blooms from Oct ta March.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Sorry to hear about your asthma from the cedar blooms, Dublb; guess you will have to come visit me those months and get away from it! LOL! Guess I can dream of that and getting help with getting around here and trying to 'see' and finish this skin cancer operation thing. Grrrrrr. Then I had to fall on cement with my right leg twisted under my heavy body...sprained it and it will continue to hurt for awhile. One day at a time.

Maybe its time to start drinking something stronger than spring water. LOL! I drank milk for breakfast. May you all have a good day.

We just got back & my DH brought in the cp bag and here I am!!!

OK, the head board is going on the bed in the guest room ,the wicker dresser & mirror is replacing the short chest of drawers that's in the guest room and that chest is going in the closet of my sewing room. the nite table is going on the side of the bed that doesn't have one..and the TV table has a swivel top and doors beneath for storage which is replacing a lovely wicker sofa table in the guest bedroom..the sofa table & another piece that I have is going on the porch when we eventually stay longer...The guest bedroom is now finished as far as furniture goes.. I was so excited when I saw the ad ...I told Bob "we're getting it" didn't give him a chance to say "no"...I scrambled to find a neighbor with a truck to help us move it...We didn't have a lot of time as we were leaving the next day...
    I will get the recipe this weekend...I have to unpack the car first....

Hope you feel better Bev, allergies are a bummer...QNS, stay off that foot!!!

Have a good weekend all...H.

OH no Sue! I'm so sorry that ya fell on top o' everythin'! Huggs!
    Taday has been a better day. I'm not coughin' near as much.
    I feel bad about grippin' about my DH. He has really worked hard at not gittin' underfoot. It's just a bit hard. He has fixed my breakfast every mornin'. So he now cooks every meal. If he decides ta go back ta work I will miss him along w/the awesome breakfast. He just hasn't figured out how ta schedule his time.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I've had some extra time to sew this week so quilted a UFO that has been sandwiched for over a year. Finished this morning. http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...ml#post6996398

Jan & others, here's a tip about tenions of sewing machines...I myself learned a lot...http://youtu.be/Q1mRhcquZTM

Thanks, Anne. I learned a lot watching that. I come from Home Ec classes where we got our fingers smacked if we touched the tension on top or bottom LOL. I'm so used to my Viking Sapphire that will use any thread, even from the dollar store without any issues. The Sweet 16 is very picky--only likes expensive Sulky thread.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I've had some extra time to sew this week so quilted a UFO that has been sandwiched for over a year. Finished this morning. http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...ml#post6996398
    Carrie, that is a wonderful job...love the colors, the piecing and the final finished project. My projects are far from finishing...maybe someday.

Covington Library has received my shipment of 16 quilting books in memory of Esther Applegate. She was a great quilter in that community, may others find a love of quilting also.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to work I go...just 6 hours today but I'm so looking forward to it..I need my "fix" , have coupons to burn, H.

Ho Hum, Ho Hum,It's off to bed I go...I'm so tired..I was very busy today, sold 4 sewing machines...demoed 6 times..came home , made dinner, did my newspapers.. and I'm in my PJ's and after this I'm checking my emails and it's off to beddy bye for me..I have to be in work tomorrow at 9..leave the house by 8 and get up by 7...Haven't done this is a looooong time...I didn't even have time to play at work...Yuk...H.

Blog Entries
    The question is, Honchey, did you get your coupons "burned"?

I can't believe how this cold has hung on...Definitely better today, but DH is slowly getting better. Stomach bug really smacked him. Felt good enough to get sizable chunk of book work done yesterday and tonight. Have a little time I may just go and find my sewing space--first time since before Thanksgiving. dublb, don't know how you handle the coughing from frequent asthma attacks...your chest must get sore. What a sweetheart you have you likes to cook..

Saw your quilt on the other thread--love the red/yellow combination, Carrie.

Very good video, Honchey...thanks for sharing...took notes, so I learned a lot as well.

So nice of you to donate in Esther's memory, QNS...The library will appreciated them for sure.

Hmmm, have you noticed no menu bar above the Quick Reply box? Have a great start to a new week--hope to get some Christmas shopping finished and then get a few things in the mail!

Honchey, your GS looks like he's having a great time. I've had the kids help me count blocks, too...They like to help.

Girls want to make potholders for their teachers again this year. Elise has a project to make for her mom and Avery wants to try one too.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 12-07-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Back from Phoenix today. Had a great time with my grandchildren - they grow so fast! Gotta get my butt in gear for Christmas!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Good morning. Schools are 2 hours late..rain on snow covered roads turned to ice last night. Hopefully the County sprinkled gravel on those spots. Also some fog which is clearing.

Will the family come up at Christmas time, Jeanie? Glad you had a good time on your trip.

Off to the kitchen to make a few cookies.......
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

That weather is heading our way tomorrow, OK but hopefully will stay all rain--hate sleet & ice. I think we should all go visit Jeanie right about now.

Trying to do some Christmas decorating. Hard to get in the mood when I still have a dishwasher sitting in my dining room!

Anne, I've gotten tons of Joanne's coupons this week. Did you use all of yours? Hope you have some time to play at work today. (BTW, did I mention I only have one more work day left????)

Weather is fine here, temps rising to a warm outside...nice day, but no sunshine.

Becky Gremore, Covington Public Library, 622 5th Street, Covington, IN 47932, phone number 795-793-2572 received all 16 Eleanor Burns quilt books to add to their library in honor of Esther Applegate. All were in excellent shape from my home library, and they can use them. When she checked the shelf, they only had one E. Burns books. Cash or donations are always welcomed in the public libraries and school libraries, due to decline in budgets across the USA. I may dig out more and send to them, knowing the books will be used there. Only cost $9.00 to ship them. A bargain.

Yes, tell us all, Honchey, what you found with your coupons. I have two fifty off Jo Ann coupons to use on the 18th in DM if I feel up to it after seeing a retina doctor and skin cancer doctor. The latter will be taking a chunk from the left side of my nose...and I may feel like...'lets get the H--- out of DM!' After the two to four hours there...

JanRN, even after retirement, the days are only 24 hours long, seven days a week.

OK, I bet you feel like a farmer's wife never retires, always more to do....as a wife and Mother and GM, too, very active life style.

Back to try and finish the I SPY...sewed the last row on wrong, had to rip it out and set it right, then do the borders...it will finish today if I can at all....I will finish it today!

We have 3 children and 10 grandchildren that live in our area, so will probably have a houseful for Christmas. Our kids are starting their own traditions, so maybe will not have everyone for dinner, but we will set aside a special time to open presents. It was so much fun when they were all little. The youngest here is 8, and the oldest is 25. Our little ones are in Phoenix (10, 3, 1 1/2, newborn).
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie, are you trying to tell me you don't have room for me LOL? Just kidding--I'm looking for an escape from winter. Sounds like you have a wonderful family and great traditions.

I couldn't find the 2 easy angle rulers that I put where I can remember to find them so I bought one yesterday..Today I got a skein of Cranberry yarn by Vanna & 1/2 yd of yellow fabric to go with the other fabrics for the Grand Illusion that I started to cut..and just a couple of Christmas remnants that I'll cut up for future "candy" swaps.. It was very quiet at work today..more of Joann customers asking for advice for sewing projects and where to find stuff in the store...I took my time coming home..stopped at Costco"s then Sam's Club..I had them put air in my tires..the tire light went on ..they were very nice to do that for me...After that I stopped at the Farmer's Market..I can't believe the price of eggs now..what happened??? did the hens go on strike? My last & final stop was at Shoprite for some Pastrami for lunch tomorrow...Oh, I just remembered ..we go to the Dr tomorrow for the consult so the pastrami has to wait until Wednesday....Maybe we'll stop at the Joann's not too far from the Dr's office on the way home..I still have some coupons!!!!

Our chicken eggs are still a dollar a dozen, Anne .But it being winter, we might get 3 eggs compared with the 17 daily we got in the summer. So when I get back up on my feet, we will have some roasted hen in our oven.

JanRN, I think you have had the best idea: let's all go visit Jeanie in Sunny California. At least, let us steer clear of Buffalo, NY.

I Finished the I SPY quilt top...hurrah I finished a project!! Will do the backing tomorrow. It is 53 by 64 inches. Next are the two Mama and her kittens wall hangings....borders, backing and quilting. Border and backings are all cut out. No one has time to quilt them so, I am going to dive into the project and do them. Try to do them...keeping my fingers crossed and going for it.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

Yep, you can all come visit me! We have the RV parked in the driveway and we use it as a guest house! Full hookups too. It was a balmy 72 here today, but we are suppose to get some more rain later in the week - Yay!

I'm working on Step 2 of Grand Illusions Mystery. I did not finish Step 1, but that is OK. Bonnie says to just stop where you are, and start the new step, that way you will know how to do each step.

QNS, doesn't it feel good to finish a project? I have my bed runner complete except for the quilting in ONE border--it's been sitting there staring at me since Saturday. I hate the quilting part so I made some QOTS mini blocks instead of finishing that one stupid border! Maybe today....

Went to have Lunch at Panera's then stopped at Joanns after the Dr's visit and picked up a Hexagon template /ruler that was clearance out and an embroidery hoop I want to use manually with a circle foot , some non slip plastic for the back of rulers/template to keep them from slipping, a ball of that yarn you make the crazy scarves with..will post a photo after dinner & Dh gets the bag from the car.

I finished the backing today for the I SPY, so its ready for final pressing and taking it over to the LA quilter tomorrow. Love how the backing came together like I planned it...its still a 54 inches by 68 inches...perfect for a two year old boy.

Not going to town until Thursday or Friday. Dh went into town and paid the water bill, and the brakes would hardly work, so he took it back in to our mechanic who replaced two more brake cables. Budget took a hit, but at least, he did not in driving the truck today. Its the unexpected that really kills my holiday spirits. Guess I will drink more milk, again. One day at a time. No white Christmas this year.

Love the news from California and its weather and your grandchildren, Jeanie. What fun this time of the year!

Blog Entries
    Honchey--I watched the video on bobbins. When I sewed today I did the thread test after I had cleaned the bobbin. Thread was really tight so I Left Loosey'd the screw gradually to almost 1 complete revolution with much trepidation! Then looked at my upper tension--last time I had the machine serviced I really didn't think the upper tension should be so low (just above 3), but I wasn't the "professional". After loosening the screw, I moved the upper tension to the red line (the suggested average mark) then I sewed.....Tension was 100% better already. Think it needs a little tweaking yet, but I was amazed. I've never been really happy with the tension, but I'm much happier with it now. I know my FMQ'ing will look better as well.
    A very big thank you, Anne! I'm sending the link to the quilt guild members--I'm sure many will benefit from it.

Yeah a project off the LA'er. Way to go QNS!

Elise was here after school. She wrote a story for her mom for Christmas and wanted a cloth cover. She planned it out and picked fabrics last weekend. Another short sewing session and she will have it done.

I'm working on bedding for American Girl dolls. DD had beds made for #3 and #4 GD's and my contribution is bedding and a doll quilt. Elise cut into my sewing time, but that's just fine.

Jan don't you hate it when a step gives you trouble? It's so hard to get er done then. Now back to mattresses, sheets, and pillows.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I really can't take credit for the video..I discovered it in the "main" part of the forum here on the board..Just passing it on...Tensions on most machines average between 4 & 6 and only adjusting for different stitches & fabric thicknesses..every machine has it's own "comfort" zone...I'm having a problem with Tensions on a couple of way old machines and now I know where to go to help fix them...

Page 416 of 542 FirstFirst ... 316 366 406 415 416 417 426 466 516 ... LastLast