Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 334 of 542 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 333 334 335 344 384 434 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

DublB ... can you not buy freezer paper in your grocery stores? It should be in the same area as the waxed paper, foil wrap, ziplock containers, etc. Same stuff ... and a lot less $$$$$!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccal...attern_1_of_3_

Here is a link to the quilt that my QB and I are doing. When she suggested it, I said that it had to be done from our stash. She is doing 2 in green and red for Christmas and mine is completely scrappy. So far we have all of the stars and log cabin blocks done.
    It was -3 this morning. Supposed to warm up and snow and then get even colder. I think I need to make a grocery run today.
    Dubib...i see Texas is having some nasty weather. Stay safe!
    honchey....praying that you make it south. This is such a dicey time to travel!

!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!!!!!!

Great pic Grandma Anael

Yes I know Im late... it wouldnt be me if I wasnt? Right??? my Dads Birthday is the 20th, and Sis 21st. we took the long weekend to go visit
    I DID get my two quilt tops finished and ready for Mom to hand quilt.... of course I forgot to take the camera... so I will have to next time I go over.

AND I DID mail my block to QuiltE, I see how wonderful it fits in!!! Oh Im sooooo glad Dear I will have to see if I can find the selvage info for you on the background piece!

I feel pretty GOOD about what I have accomplished this month with sewing, now I have to get the nose to the grindstone and CLEAN the house!!!
    DH hooked up my new Gas dryer the other day... and tracked MUD in and out ALL day long... I still have to clean it up! TO BAD they didnt invent a man who cleans up after himself.... But hey! at least I can now do the laundry
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Good morning! GGal Ooooooohhh LOVE the quilt!
    Candace is Deranged

GGal ... I really like that quilt. Sure, tempt me with another project. Will be interesting to see if you can do it all from stash! Can't wait to see the different looks the two of you have for the three quilts.

DDamsel ... hahahaha a man who cleans up after himself! What a novel concept!! And here I thought that you Americans had that all figured out and it was just we Canucks who were behind on that. Remember, mine was a farmer......... yup, you know all about it! Yeaaaaaaa for your new dryer. Another cheer for Mom doing your handquilting. Is that your PC Blues? Yes indeed, I really do like that block you sent my way. I Keep looking at it and thinking, spring is coming ... spring is coming ... spring is coming. And I'm saying that and we aren't even thru January? arrggghhhhhhhh!!!!

What a great day it is .... sun is shining (though miserably cold) ... and if luck is with me, a lot of sewing.
    First ... fill the crock and start brewing some soup!

Hi Everybody,

I haven't been around much, but still think of you all . It is so great to see how productive each of you are.

I didn't set a sewing goal for January as I didn't think I would meet it and that would just add to the depression I am fighting. I am slogging away on my Irish Mist, but confess I am not enjoying it. I am at the stage where I just need to put two solid borders on. I hate borders and my frame of mind is not conducive but I will get the skinny borders on today before I go skating with the twins. It is to be + 6 Celsius and it's an out door rink so I hope the ice holds up.

I really like the January MBs that I have seen so far. Good work all of you.

I am thinking of starting a Tennessee Waltz quilt when I get Irish Mish flimsy done. I have always wanted to do one, but the star points in the 54 40 or fight block put me off. Oh well, we'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well and that Honchey got that early morning flight and is now down in warmer climes.

Good weekend everyone.

Blog Entries
    I know I too have been "off the grid" these past few weeks, but do enjoy stopping in and seeing what everyone is up to. It's about 14 here, but was way below zero yesterday and last night. We are in for a weekend warm spell and then the Siberian express comes back mid week. This yo yo weather is really hard on livestock. One day they need that winter coat and then some and the next they need to throw it off and can't.
    One of my January goals has been met. DIL whisked 3 small quilted items to school today this morning. One of which was still literally "hot off the press" as I just got done giving it a final pressing when she entered the door. This is what's up for grabs tomorrow night. The first is a UFO that I finished by piecing the star back--a two for one deal.
    Name:  Double Down hearts.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  211.7 KBName:  Double Down hearts the other side.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  197.4 KB
    Next is "Shoofly My Heart". A QGuild friend had tossed the pink Fairy Frost squares in some fabrics she gifted me and the burgundy dots were perfect as they have a shimmery pink cast to the dots.Name:  Shoofly my heart.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  315.9 KB

And finally another UFO that started out as leftover fabrics I made into 9P's. They simmered for a while and I set them on point with the dots. After more simmering I found border fabric, but not enough for full widths, so added the dot cornerstones. Finally quilted it and cut binding last night.Name:  Shoofly my heart1.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  172.7 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Janie, good to hear from you. I personally know how debilitating depression can be. Everything is a major hurdle, don't want to start something new, don't like what you have done, etc. Please take care of yourself, set some small goals. I had to force myself into my sewing room, turned on music full blast so I couldn't think and just made a block. I'm much better but at times feel those "dark curtains" trying to close. Come here and visit us--these ladies really helped me.

Talk about busy--OK, your projects for the school are so cute. I bet they get snapped up in a hurry.

Ggal, I love that quilt pattern and think it will look great in scrappy fabrics. Is the center house appliqued or is it paper pieced? Like QE said, I do not need another project but.....

Trying to get some sewing done, can't do anything else it's so freaking cold and windy. Poor Patches got blown over by the wind last night (he only has 3 good legs) and now doesn't want to go out. Think he'd use a litter box? Shoulders very sore, Advil only helps a little so I'm cleaning out drawers in my dining room. Why do I have 8 junk drawers? Why do I save so much dumb stuff? (Replacement bulbs for Christmas lights we no longer own for example.) Maybe I'll just take a nap.

Have a good one, ladies!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jan--a nap is on my list for this afternoon. It is a little warmer here today (16), but more cold is coming this weekend.

QE--like the cows

Ggal--looks like a fun project for you to do with a friend.

OK--good job getting those projects finished in time.

Janie--great to hear from you. Hugs!!

Janie, good to hear from you! Like Jan said, please come here and talk to us. Big (((HUG)))

Jan, I cleaned my junk drawer in the kitchen a few weeks ago. Lots of stuff I haven't used in a long long time. Now it's looking tidy and clean. I wonder for how long

We're supposed to have snow by tomorrow night. The first this winter. It's getting colder too but I won't complain. It's not nearly as cold as where you are with your snow storms and temperatures below - 20C !

OK, great finishes! I love the Shoofly My Heart
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Well the day has progressed; dh met with the dentist this morning, I dropped him off at home, and continued to Queen City to pick up chicken feed, on to K. to deliver 13 dozen eggs, and bought 2 yards of red fabric and came home to grumpy dh.

Finished Arizona, but the picture did not take so will have to try again. The MB that Quilt E sent called "Right hand of Friendship: Name:  DSCN0053.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  173.2 KBI cropped the picture, the block is not chopped; and all of them look together:

Name:  DSCN0051.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  253.6 KB So everyone of the blocks blend in and will be lovely together.

If anyone was not satisfied with my MB when I was not seeing well at all, please email me and I will make whatever you choose or that one again. Please speak up now, privately, to me so we can all smile and go on to a new chapter in our discussion.

Now go back to the Arizona block and retake the photo of it and post it in the 50 Fab Stars. Enjoy the weekend.

JanieW it is so good to hear from you, please stop by more often, you are missed((hugs))

GGal I love that quilt but am not adding it to my list of wannado's, will be interested to see the different colour ways

More beautiful minis from OK, love the shoofly blocks, so sweet

Carriem hope your shoulder is getting better, I am testing mine at the moment with quilting, so far so good

Another beautiful MB had made its way to its new home

Have a great day everyone I am off to do some quilting and try and hide from DH
    Karen

That's a beautiful block QE made for you, QNS. Fits in very nicely with all your MB's--that's going to be a beautiful quilt.

QNS and QuiltE - great block. I just love that center flower fabric! Wow - beautiful! I see you found a place to use up some of your Fusion scraps QuiltE!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hey ya'll. I'm still not gittin' email notices!! When I go ta my Settin's it still says Instant for the email notification. I'm not gittin' any from the QB. I can live w/o all the rest but I gotta git 'em from this thread. It's our gatherin' place! Alright I'm gonna quit grippin' but I'm still a bit pouty.

I do have the freezer paper from the gro store but it won't go through the printer. I have ta cut it, then press a piece o' paper ta it then it'll go through the printer. Well I did all 13 sheets & then they wouldn't come apart. The second time I set my press on a much lower settin' & only did it for 3 seconds. Still wouldn't come apart. I have done it before successfully w/an iron but that dang press argued w/me. LOL I was ready ta go back ta usein' the iron when the ones I ordered came in. Now I'm a happy camper.

(That's 26 pages o' freezer paper & copy paper in the trash!)
    Last edited by dublb; 01-24-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb, go in and erase the subscription to the threads and then reset it again. It might help. At 1:20 in the morning means you had a late, late night. Ok, very productive; hope it all was a hit and success. I loved what you did.

Good morning everyone...a new day has begin. Showered and ready to quilt today, working on Irish Mist...grrrr the inner, outer and border will come together the way I want it too...going to be trying different things with it this morning. That will be the January goal that I promised to myself.

Everyone have a great day. I plan on it, right after I take my Advil; my knees are killing me today.

JanieW ... So sorry to read that you are ot doing so well. Hopefully an afternoon with the twins helped! I didn;t know the Tennessee Waltz pattern but a quick Google and I could see why you would want to do it ... now I have another wannabe! How about doing PPing for those points, to simplify?

OKSGlad ... some great finishes there and I bet they are popular in the bidding tonight. I think ShooFly My Heart is my pick, because of the bling! Yes, this weather is hard on the cattle ... and the people too end up with more colds. Consistent cold is better in a lot of ways! Any frozen pipes through all this? Hope you can soon fire BobC!

JanRN ... I have another thought about Junk Drawers ... why do we all have them in the kitchen? That "deep" thought came the other day when I was yet again bemoaning my small kitchen and lack of space for stuff! But then? where will the Junk go? When I get annoyed at junk collecting here and there, I go on a brutal purge and start a box and pack it away to send to a Charity Thrift store. There's one that you can take most anything to, which can be dangerous when I'm in a toss, not keep mode! I keep a bag in the bottom of my closet all the time, for little things as I notice them and that has helped me not keep some things! Poor Patches!!

Ladies and QNSue... I would like to take credit for QNSue's block, but it is not the one I sent. Who should get the credit? Or perhaps it is one of your 50 Stars?
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-25-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Giggles for the day

http://quiltyfriends-bom.blogspot.co...-patterns.html

this one... I want to do! it just speaks to me
    Candace is Deranged

Blog Entries
    re: junk drawers. Before I went to my DS's the clock maker, I sorted through mine and gave her my junk! Here she is in her workshop

http://conta.cc/1f0Asc6

DDamsel--what a creative quilt. Have subscribed to her blog--thanks.

Started the big rearrange last night--will be a long time project, but will still be able to sew after today. Yeah!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Ok you are probably more organized than me. You all do beautiful work, but QuiltE is right...I did not ID her block correctly...I am sorry...this is her block:Name:  DSCN0080.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  137.1 KBName:  DSCN0051.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  253.6 KBAnd the others.

Meanwhile, my Irish Mist is not coming out right:Name:  DSCN0081.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  114.2 KBIt 'bunches up' in places where it should not...even after pressing the quilt.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and understanding. I am on meds and when they kick in everything will be tickety boo. I have a bit of work to do to help those meds along.

I had a blast skating with 35 6 year olds yesterday. I survived that only to have a bad fall on some ice on the walk home. My tail bone is not happy and I managed to bang up both wrists trying to unsuccessfully break my fall. But the sun is shining, the temperature is way above average and I can still sew. bending over to tie shoes is painful so I am wearing flip flops.

QNS,

It looks to me that you have the top row on your border on the lower left going the wrong way. You have the three coloured blocks on the right and they should be on the left over top of the other coloured blocks. Maybe a picture will help because I think that was clear as mud.

Name:  DSC04947.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  328.7 KB

Name:  DSC04946.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  325.1 KB

You are right on, Janie. And that's not the worse of it. The three sided piece on sides and top and bottom are not all the same causing the 'bumpyness' of the quilt, not letting it be flat on the surface...so I spent the whole day with froggy....Name:  DSCN0083.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  134.0 KBripping apart seams...have the sides yet to rip off and check the triangle...three cornered piece with the bottom of the star. That is what caused the quilt to 'buckle' and not lay flat. Good news is I found the problem; bad news is ripping it all out and trying again. Janie, maybe it will may you feel better about your wonderful job that you have done....it should. I think you have done a wonderful job on yours...mine with be the 'holy' one, with more holes the wrong way than the right way. Smile , Froggy!!

QNSue ... glad you found the MB that I send you. Whom was the other one from?
    You might want to keep looking around, as your group shot is missing two blocks for the total of eleven to date.

JanieW ... OUCH!! for your Humpty Dumpty. Time to sit back and let your DDH wait on you hand and foot ............ while you sit and sew!

JanieW and QNSue ... you are both going to have lovely quilts. Does that background fabric have gold metallic splashed thru it? Nice touch!

Mirab, I have all those blocks made and in The Box!!! And many more I might add LOL.

OK, what a neat article. I collect Folk Art and love what she is doing.

QNS, love QE's block. I'm partial to burgandy and it looks so nice with your blocks. You and Janie are making beautiful quilts. Love the pattern & fabric. I can see how confusing those corners would be. Great job, ladies.

Still no sewing today. Do any of you use an ergonomic rotary cutter? I've seen them advertised and at the LQS but never felt the need for one until I started having trouble with my thumb & index finger. I think it's from all the rotary cutting I do when paper piecing. I have a sharp blade and the cutting surface is the correct height; I think it's the repetitive motion. If you use an ergonomic cutter which one do you recommend? Getting older is not for the faint of heart!

DDamsel I think I am too anal to try those blocks, it would seriously mess with my mind to have those "odd" pieces someone would have to hold me down to stop me "fixing" them But they are quirky....

Oksewglad thanks for the link to your DS, love her clocks, talent must run in the family..

QNS the first block was mine, send in October, glad you got it sorted out. Love your Irish Mist and your frog. Good to have Janiew there to help, two heads are always better than one.

JanieW your Irish Mist is also beautiful, take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Now I am off to the cave, have 2 more feathered wreaths to quilt, then the kaleidoscope blocks and borders. Should be finished tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed, so I can get back to Out of the Darkness..
    Karen

Page 334 of 542 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 333 334 335 344 384 434 ... LastLast