Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 AM

Hi Everybody,

I haven't been around much, but still think of you all . It is so great to see how productive each of you are.

I didn't set a sewing goal for January as I didn't think I would meet it and that would just add to the depression I am fighting. I am slogging away on my Irish Mist, but confess I am not enjoying it. I am at the stage where I just need to put two solid borders on. I hate borders and my frame of mind is not conducive but I will get the skinny borders on today before I go skating with the twins. It is to be + 6 Celsius and it's an out door rink so I hope the ice holds up.

I really like the January MBs that I have seen so far. Good work all of you.

I am thinking of starting a Tennessee Waltz quilt when I get Irish Mish flimsy done. I have always wanted to do one, but the star points in the 54 40 or fight block put me off. Oh well, we'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well and that Honchey got that early morning flight and is now down in warmer climes.

Good weekend everyone.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

I know I too have been "off the grid" these past few weeks, but do enjoy stopping in and seeing what everyone is up to. It's about 14 here, but was way below zero yesterday and last night. We are in for a weekend warm spell and then the Siberian express comes back mid week. This yo yo weather is really hard on livestock. One day they need that winter coat and then some and the next they need to throw it off and can't.
One of my January goals has been met. DIL whisked 3 small quilted items to school today this morning. One of which was still literally "hot off the press" as I just got done giving it a final pressing when she entered the door. This is what's up for grabs tomorrow night. The first is a UFO that I finished by piecing the star back--a two for one deal.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]458366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]458367[/ATTACH]
Next is "Shoofly My Heart". A QGuild friend had tossed the pink Fairy Frost squares in some fabrics she gifted me and the burgundy dots were perfect as they have a shimmery pink cast to the dots.[ATTACH=CONFIG]458368[/ATTACH]

And finally another UFO that started out as leftover fabrics I made into 9P's. They simmered for a while and I set them on point with the dots. After more simmering I found border fabric, but not enough for full widths, so added the dot cornerstones. Finally quilted it and cut binding last night.[ATTACH=CONFIG]458378[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails double-down-hearts.jpg   double-down-hearts-other-side.jpg   shoofly-my-heart.jpg   shoofly-my-heart1.jpg  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 AM

Janie, good to hear from you. I personally know how debilitating depression can be. Everything is a major hurdle, don't want to start something new, don't like what you have done, etc. Please take care of yourself, set some small goals. I had to force myself into my sewing room, turned on music full blast so I couldn't think and just made a block. I'm much better but at times feel those "dark curtains" trying to close. Come here and visit us--these ladies really helped me.

Talk about busy--OK, your projects for the school are so cute. I bet they get snapped up in a hurry.

Ggal, I love that quilt pattern and think it will look great in scrappy fabrics. Is the center house appliqued or is it paper pieced? Like QE said, I do not need another project but.....

Trying to get some sewing done, can't do anything else it's so freaking cold and windy. Poor Patches got blown over by the wind last night (he only has 3 good legs) and now doesn't want to go out. Think he'd use a litter box? Shoulders very sore, Advil only helps a little so I'm cleaning out drawers in my dining room. Why do I have 8 junk drawers? Why do I save so much dumb stuff? (Replacement bulbs for Christmas lights we no longer own for example.) Maybe I'll just take a nap.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:03 AM

Jan--a nap is on my list for this afternoon. It is a little warmer here today (16), but more cold is coming this weekend.

QE--like the cows

Ggal--looks like a fun project for you to do with a friend.

OK--good job getting those projects finished in time.

Janie--great to hear from you. Hugs!!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:26 PM

Janie, good to hear from you! Like Jan said, please come here and talk to us. Big (((HUG)))

Jan, I cleaned my junk drawer in the kitchen a few weeks ago. Lots of stuff I haven't used in a long long time. Now it's looking tidy and clean. I wonder for how long

We're supposed to have snow by tomorrow night. The first this winter. It's getting colder too but I won't complain. It's not nearly as cold as where you are with your snow storms and temperatures below - 20C !

OK, great finishes! I love the Shoofly My Heart
Old 01-24-2014, 02:27 PM

Well the day has progressed; dh met with the dentist this morning, I dropped him off at home, and continued to Queen City to pick up chicken feed, on to K. to deliver 13 dozen eggs, and bought 2 yards of red fabric and came home to grumpy dh.

Finished Arizona, but the picture did not take so will have to try again. The MB that Quilt E sent called "Right hand of Friendship: [ATTACH=CONFIG]458461[/ATTACH]I cropped the picture, the block is not chopped; and all of them look together:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458462[/ATTACH] So everyone of the blocks blend in and will be lovely together.

If anyone was not satisfied with my MB when I was not seeing well at all, please email me and I will make whatever you choose or that one again. Please speak up now, privately, to me so we can all smile and go on to a new chapter in our discussion.

Now go back to the Arizona block and retake the photo of it and post it in the 50 Fab Stars. Enjoy the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0053.jpg   dscn0051.jpg  
Old 01-24-2014, 04:01 PM

JanieW it is so good to hear from you, please stop by more often, you are missed((hugs))

GGal I love that quilt but am not adding it to my list of wannado's, will be interested to see the different colour ways

More beautiful minis from OK, love the shoofly blocks, so sweet

Carriem hope your shoulder is getting better, I am testing mine at the moment with quilting, so far so good

Another beautiful MB had made its way to its new home

Have a great day everyone I am off to do some quilting and try and hide from DH
Old 01-24-2014, 06:16 PM

That's a beautiful block QE made for you, QNS. Fits in very nicely with all your MB's--that's going to be a beautiful quilt.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:03 PM

QNS and QuiltE - great block. I just love that center flower fabric! Wow - beautiful! I see you found a place to use up some of your Fusion scraps QuiltE!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:17 PM

Hey ya'll. I'm still not gittin' email notices!! When I go ta my Settin's it still says Instant for the email notification. I'm not gittin' any from the QB. I can live w/o all the rest but I gotta git 'em from this thread. It's our gatherin' place! Alright I'm gonna quit grippin' but I'm still a bit pouty.

I do have the freezer paper from the gro store but it won't go through the printer. I have ta cut it, then press a piece o' paper ta it then it'll go through the printer. Well I did all 13 sheets & then they wouldn't come apart. The second time I set my press on a much lower settin' & only did it for 3 seconds. Still wouldn't come apart. I have done it before successfully w/an iron but that dang press argued w/me. LOL I was ready ta go back ta usein' the iron when the ones I ordered came in. Now I'm a happy camper.

(That's 26 pages o' freezer paper & copy paper in the trash!)

Last edited by dublb; 01-24-2014 at 11:20 PM.