Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post

DH was a Math/Science/Computer teacher; he told me we were missing an older hen duck; I counted them yesterday and all five older ducks were there. He finally counted to five himself and agreed they were all there!

That is so funny QNS - got my chuckle for the day!!!!

Old 01-23-2014, 04:19 PM

Th hen ducks will separate themselves to lay an egg in their shed; I think that is what happened when dh counted and came up short. He goes back to the dentist in the morning for gum surgery to have the bone spurs or root pieces removed so his gums can heal instead of becoming infected. Honchey, dh says ten becomes eleven when one is added to it.

After bringing him home, I will go after Chicken scratch, and deliver the extra eggs to K. and back home again. Then I can photograph the MB sent to me by QuiltE that arrived this evening's mail. Yes, it does fit right in and will be treasured... will show picture of all tomorrow. Have not mailed my MB yet; hope to do that on Tuesday when we get our hair cuts. One more MB to go.

I did get the Arizona Star ready to set all the wedges together, it went together quickly after I cut templates for it, that had all the right 45 degree angles to it. Will try to get it all together and photographed tomorrow. That will allow me to return to Irish Mist this week-end...if we do not have company.

Enjoy the up coming weekend and temperatures going up before they go down again.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

MiraB ... So you think that FMQ design, is not much? Looks to me like it's made for that quilt! Thanks for the template and feather lesson. What a versatile template ... different feather sizes, heart, scallops, waves. Sure would be nice to find one of those. So much for the mouse playing!!! Though honestly, does your DH slow your quilting down all that much? Thanks re my blocks, and no, I have absolutely NO CLUE what I am going to do. Moving into the whites/pastels was totally out of my box, and why I chose it for the MBs to help nudge me to a new look. But now? I am absolutely lost and will appreciate all the help I can garner!

CarrieM ... Buses did not run here today again. They have now made a new "rule" when temps get below -25C, no buses, for fear that the children will be on them, and the buses stop working. Apparently a lot of buses would not start recently, thus the new rule! I bet the kids like THIS rule!

JanRN ... Oh no, another injured quilter!! ... this is NOT good! Thanks and like you I have never worked with pastels or whites, (see MiraB above). I'm liking what I have, though because of going outside my box, I am totally at a loss as to what next!

QNSue ... My apologies for the reminder ... though I did not know it was the same for everyone! Glad that your MB arrived and that you like it.

Honchey ... OUCH! for the icicle in the head. Soon you can celebrate and enjoy the sunny south! How small of items for your sister's hospital charity? Mug Rugs? coasters? placemats? or can you get a bit bigger and into table runners and toppers? There's always those fabric boxes. Hopefully you are sound asleep now, as I know you have an early start to the airport. Safe Travels!

GGal ... good for you for enjoying your Snew Day and playing long distance! There's a lot of different flying geese methods. I forget, which one is Eleanor's? So much fun when you and your friend are doing two together. Did you both go with different colors/fabrics? Hopefully when the time comes, you will show us both quilts, so we can see the different looks!

I'm hoping for one of those Snew Days for myself tomorrow/Friday ... hunker down and batten the hatches!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-23-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

Totally forgot to start this thread pre-Christmas ...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...g-t239508.html
Old 01-23-2014, 07:21 PM

Well I still didn't git an e-mail. Sigh. I sent out my MB again w/o takin' a pict for Anael. I'm so sorry Anael.
I sent it Priority Mail, so it should git there on Sat.

It did git cooold th'safternoon. 26*F & it's 22*F now. I hear it's supposed ta git ta 16*F in th'mornin'. That's after it was 75* on Tues. Such a big swing.
The LQS finally got the freezer paper in. I bought all 6 pkdgs! I sure don't want ta run out again. At least not for a long time.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

DublB ... can you not buy freezer paper in your grocery stores? It should be in the same area as the waxed paper, foil wrap, ziplock containers, etc. Same stuff ... and a lot less $$$$$!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:11 AM

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccal...attern_1_of_3_

Here is a link to the quilt that my QB and I are doing. When she suggested it, I said that it had to be done from our stash. She is doing 2 in green and red for Christmas and mine is completely scrappy. So far we have all of the stars and log cabin blocks done.
It was -3 this morning. Supposed to warm up and snow and then get even colder. I think I need to make a grocery run today.
Dubib...i see Texas is having some nasty weather. Stay safe!
honchey....praying that you make it south. This is such a dicey time to travel!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:16 AM

!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!!!!!!

Great pic Grandma Anael

Yes I know Im late... it wouldnt be me if I wasnt? Right??? my Dads Birthday is the 20th, and Sis 21st. we took the long weekend to go visit
I DID get my two quilt tops finished and ready for Mom to hand quilt.... of course I forgot to take the camera... so I will have to next time I go over.

AND I DID mail my block to QuiltE, I see how wonderful it fits in!!! Oh Im sooooo glad Dear I will have to see if I can find the selvage info for you on the background piece!

I feel pretty GOOD about what I have accomplished this month with sewing, now I have to get the nose to the grindstone and CLEAN the house!!!
DH hooked up my new Gas dryer the other day... and tracked MUD in and out ALL day long... I still have to clean it up! TO BAD they didnt invent a man who cleans up after himself.... But hey! at least I can now do the laundry
Old 01-24-2014, 06:18 AM

Good morning! GGal Ooooooohhh LOVE the quilt!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

GGal ... I really like that quilt. Sure, tempt me with another project. Will be interesting to see if you can do it all from stash! Can't wait to see the different looks the two of you have for the three quilts.

DDamsel ... hahahaha a man who cleans up after himself! What a novel concept!! And here I thought that you Americans had that all figured out and it was just we Canucks who were behind on that. Remember, mine was a farmer......... yup, you know all about it! Yeaaaaaaa for your new dryer. Another cheer for Mom doing your handquilting. Is that your PC Blues? Yes indeed, I really do like that block you sent my way. I Keep looking at it and thinking, spring is coming ... spring is coming ... spring is coming. And I'm saying that and we aren't even thru January? arrggghhhhhhhh!!!!

What a great day it is .... sun is shining (though miserably cold) ... and if luck is with me, a lot of sewing.
First ... fill the crock and start brewing some soup!