Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 11-26-2013, 10:10 AM

OH, how productive everyone is in the quilting rooms!! I love the block, Mirabelle, that you gave to QuiltE.

No I have not used any of the Missouri Star Quilt Co., things you referred too, Carrie. Just the pieces used in the Bonus Blocks given to you all came from the MSQC.

What wonderful photos Anael. Excellent picture of you and your brother; I think, Mick looks like your brother. Yes, I think the jelly roll needs another border around it; blue would be first choice, then the red. You could bind in black, blue or red.

A very trying day here, dh does not feel good. Cleaning is coming before the cooking I planned. And he is just not happy with me today...if I stood on my head it would not make a difference. I am still carrying a tune of joy in my head and my heart aches for him because I know, this too shall pass...there is a light at the end of this tunnel. (I swept the black cobwebs down from the kitchen wall and took the cups off the top shelf to wash through soapy water, and plan on cleaning the fan blades that is covered with dirt and lint. Dh had not planned that; he was just cleaning the floors!) Tomorrow morning we do errands together, and cannot touch food prep until tomorrow afternoon...so be it. Stop. Enjoy the moments along the journey...its all a part of life and the pursuit of happiness...regardless who is raining on your 'parade' of happiness. Smile My house is cleared up of clutter and soon to be clean as well.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Another fly in for me--Lots of news here. GF came sporting a diamond when #3 Son came home!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:48 PM

Congrats, OK, on all the exciting things in your life. A new baby and a new DIL. And you are young!!

It is snowing here like crazy. A mile south of us it's been raining the past couple of hours and all the snow washed away. We have about 5" on the ground and we're supposed to get 8 more inches overnight. Glad I got all my Thanksgiving shopping done on Friday. It's just going to be MrJanRn & I but I'll cook a turkey breast and all the trimmings. Then I won't have to cook for the next few days--love leftovers!! Kids are coming for dinner Sunday and have placed an order for pasta. How do stuffed shells sound?

Last edited by janRN; 11-26-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
I am so happy that you like it QuiltE.

JeanieG that is an awesome panel from Missouri Star, have not seen anything like it before. Your wallhangings will be beautiful and sparkly and oh so Christmassy
Oh yes, MiraB ..... I do I do I do ..... and then some more!!! I am totally awe struck with it.
I'd say .... JeanieG must really love her siblings to do all that work for them!
Yup ... I see you are NOT staying home til the 12th! Busy you have been with finishes, near-finishes and new-starts. Now that I've seen your applique skills, does this mean you are adding DJ to your 2014 projects?

Anael ... I know ... very lucky indeed! What great pics! and a special one of the 3-men-folk! Though sweeter still is your picture!! I'm voting with MiraB for another border to frame it up. So if the strips are 2", that makes it already 40" square. If you have lots of one of the fabrics you have used, and not worried about the size, I think I would even go with a 6" border all round.

CarrieM ... nope, have not used those squares though would they be good for anything other than string quilts? Sandwiches for Thanksgiving!!! and too, maybe you can get some help? Think ahead ... do you have any others you can do while you have the helpers and the space? Thanks about Fr♥sty ... just need to get him finished and then onwards to the Christmas exchange gift.

JanRN ... there's another reason to keep working ... free paper along with all the photocopying!!! Let the snow come ... and declare yourself a Snew Day!! Perhaps SOME Snew Days!!! I like your style of Family Thanksgiving cooking!

QNSue ... don't fret so about all your To Do's. Your company is coming for your company, are they not? not to Molly Maid's home or a Five Star Restaurant? When life was in an uproar for me several years ago, I came to some great realizations about such. I finally accepted that some things are less important than others. It's the people that are the important part ... and if they do not understand, then what sort of friends are they?

OKSGlad .... SEW Glad for all of you!!!!!!!!!! ...... I just knew it was about time for that rock to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So will the simple wedding be home on the range? or mean a trip east for you? Happy Anniversary!!! All sorts of grand things to be thankful for at the OK Farm this Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
I will comment more later, but wanted to ask if anyone has ever used these? http://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal

Need to get school done before PT this morning....
I use newsprint (1 ream) from the Dick Blick Website. It looks like it is on sale for $3.56. I ended up getting 2 reams because the shipping was the same for one or two.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-all-purpose-newsprint/

Anael, I was also a platinum blonde as a child (but I have green eyes). That comes from my Norwegian heritage, I'm sure!

Last edited by JeanieG; 11-26-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

JeanieG .. oh dear ... forgot to say THANK YOU for sharing those pics of the lights. They look about the same size as the smallest ones I can get at Michael's. I hope that along with the three you are doing for your siblings, that you have one to do for yourself as well. Like JanRN, I look forward to seeing photos of all your trees done ... and lit!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:24 PM

Mirabelle the Energizer Bunny will be at it again for the next couple of weeks!!! Glad your back!! That's a gorgeous, scrumptous MB you made for Quilte...QuiltE, You're one lucky gal!!

Anael, Beautiful photos of your boys..Very strong family resemblance...

Dublb, It's great to have help just before the holidays..Dsis gets her results from needle biopsy tomorrow..She is also having shoulder surgery on the 5th.. I'm going to have to help her bake her Holiday cookies...her shoulder will be casted...At least I won't have to bake at home...I'll be bringing them home instead..

I just realized that tomorrow is Wednesday and the kids will be here for dinner..I think I"ll start a pot of sauce..I have a leftover pork chop from dinner last night that I can throw in.. they'll be here for Thanksgiving and the youngest is staying over cause I'll be watching him all day Friday...Maybe we'll do some shopping in the afternoon...the shops should be empty by then ....I'm working Saturday afternoon till closing and all day Sunday...I pray my knee won't act up..I'm going to wear compression stockings just in case...I will probably sleep all day Monday!!!

Anael, I just remembered that I forgot to send a photo of my MB for this month..I have to find the camera cord first..

Well, Have a good evening all...H.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:36 PM

Another day has passed with all its problems...still smiling! maytag repairman came by with family on the way to TEXAS, but did fix my refrigerator first and then demanded payment...he made me wait two weeks...I was tempted to make him wait, but the five children and wife was in van all ready to go...four are teenagers...so I figure he will get more than enough punishment in 900 miles each way! So glad we don't have to make a journey like that right now!!

News, News and News on QB PC trail. Ok has alot to celebrate and look forward too 2014; a new gs and new dil. Wonderful news!. Good to know all is safe for today... and still moving along the Turkey trail.

Did Carrie's dish of carrots and dressing, it will sit until Thursday so all the seasoning will get through it. Ditto on Green Bean Casserole. Sweet Potatoes are baked...finish that tomorrow afternoon and bake the pies...and make Honchey's Rice Pudding. GF coming up from Columbia has told me she does not want to eat: sugar, flour or butter or anything fat. I shall promise her that I will keep all the calories and she can enjoy the butter, sugar and cream in my cooking.

Washed the top third of dh's cup collection and got the black cobwebs down, and cleaned both ceiling fans and vacuumed the kitchen myself. Dh collected his Christmas package in the mail, and opened them and tried on the Parka and Raincoat and they fit and suited him...so all is well. Good Night all.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:53 PM

Well, I opted not to get the 10" squares...I can't run them through my printer, so will keep using the paper I am using. Thanks for the input on what you use.

Jan--please share a picture of what you did with the Alaska block.

Mirabelle--thanks for trying out the 10" stars...that is the size I plan to make too.

QNS--sounds like you had a very productive day! Sorry DH is feeling under the weather...hope he's better by the time company arrives.

OK--congrats on all your news!

QE--thanks for asking...I do have one other top that needs sandwiching! I am pretty sure I even have some batting I can use.

Honchey--you have some busy days ahead. Take care of your knee...do you have a date set for surgery yet?

Any new MBs today??

Tomorrow I will be making carrot casserole (will cook Thursday) and baking red velvet cupcakes w/blue frosting (DD's choice for her birthday cake this year..12yrs). Then Thursday I will make party potatoes...those will go in the crockpot to save room in the oven. When I am done in the kitchen I want to go to the clubhouse to finish my Dec MB and get the backing sewn together for the tulip quilt.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... Go for it and take all the supplies you need to make LOTS of sandwiches! Don't forget extra 505. Then they are done and waiting for when you are ready to quilt them. Might even become a tradition whenever you gather at your Mom's!