Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-04-2013, 04:18 AM

Almost 10.30 here but I just received this pic in my e-mail and had to share. This was the presentation today and some of us holding up quilts..
Attached Thumbnails blankets-love.jpg  
Old 12-04-2013, 05:06 AM

Here is my MB from GrannyQ...I don't have room in the clubhouse right now to take a picture of all of them together...maybe over the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg  
Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 AM

Such pretty quilts Mirabelle...Ronald McDonald House is a wonderful charity..

Carriem, what words are in the backround fabric of your lovely MB? The sooner you get your shoulder taken care of the sooner you'll get relief...My sister is having her surgery January 7th..I'm going to visit her to help her bake cookies next Wednesday..She cannot lift her arm at all....
I was without internet or cable service for over 16 hours yesterday...someone hit a pole and ripped all the lines out about a mile down the road....what a bummer...
Did some housework yesterday and gathered 2 large black bags of "stuff" my son left behind...surprise, surprise...discovered about 8 bags of batting I forgot I had in the little room next to the upstairs attic...

Oksewglad, we also recycle just about everything ourselves...We can't burn anything outside tho...DH is outside blowing leaves to the curb...the township picks them up with a gigantic vaccum truck...cans, bottles , plastic gets picked up also..We take all sorts of paper to the recycle center ...We use cardboard & tree twigs for kindling...I'm saving fabric scraps too small to use for pet blankets...I haven't yet figured out how to do it yet...

As I was going thru my scraps I found another DJ square that I made years ago...that makes it 11 done so far....

I, by accident, discovered a small quilt shop on the way to Delaware and will be picking up my DJ software..on sale, no tax, no shipping I'm a happy camper...

It's off to the store for me..need to get a chicken for chicken gravy..the kids love it with shell pasta..
sprinkle chicken pieces with garlic powder, onion powder, brown pieces in a heavy bottom 5 qt pot. I use olive oil...
remove from pot then saute' one large onion & a couple of celery stalks cut up just untill they are transparent...add the browned chicken pieces..add chicken broth to cover the chicken..add one 8oz can of Goya or Hunts tomato sauce..cover the pot and let it simmer 3-4 hours until the chicken is almost off the bone...you need the gelatin from the bones to get the most flavor..I then lift all the chicken out of the pot..you'll lose alot of the onion & celery..that's ok..remove as much of the chicken.discarding the skin & bones...thicken with corn starch to a semi-thick gravy consistancy..not like spaghetti sauce...ladle over pasta and let it sit for several minutes before serving..the pasta absorbs the gravy...crusty bread & a green salad rounds it out..Great leftovers too.
This can also be made with rotisserie chicken.. do not add any salt if you do...they are pre-seasoned...
got to go now..H.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

Oh I can smell that chicken cooking, Honchey!! And since it's noon here and I have to fix dinner it's making me hungry!!

GrannyQ's block will look great with the bright colors of your other blocks Carrie.

Look at all those pretty bright quilts, Karen! Some look familiar. Thanks for sharing the picture and your talents to others who need a bright spot in their lives.

Another foggy day here in the valley. Need to get some work done now.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:02 PM

Honchey--the words say: love, joy, moments, angel, pure, nature, for you. I hope the surgeon says "surgery" and doesn't change his mind like the first doctor I saw. Sounds like you have a nice start on your DJ. Will you be making all of the blocks?

I had time before work today to lay the blocks out quick on top of the crazy quilt...
Attached Thumbnails 006.jpg  
Old 12-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

What a great balance to your colors, carrie.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:34 PM

So, Mirabelle, where o where are you in the picture????

Carrie, love your block from GrannyQ. I saw where she signed up in our next adventure.

Ok, it was very foggy here this morning as we started out. Wellness check went well, I lost a few pounds. Dh got his shoes picked up. I bought 3 pieces of Christmas fabric at the LQS in K. I brought DH home and traded vehicles and drove my car to pick up groceries in my home town. Did get Dublb's second MB sent to her today, and mailed in all our bills. Dh will get his teeth pulled on Friday morning. I can work in the sewing room tomorrow. Hurrah!

Honchey, I can smell that chicken and it smells wonderful!!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 PM

NinaSue I am the last person on the right, hiding behind a quilt

I have 30 rows sewn together on the Bargello and have just realised a BIG mistake, I taped A and A1 paper grid sections together not realising there was an A3 oops. A3 is the last 8 rows at the bottom of the quilt. I think I am going to see how it looks and might not attach those rows, the quilt will still end up huge at 107 inches instead of 115 inches long. What do you all think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I am back on the highway taking my son to the airport, hopefully I will be home just after lunch..
Old 12-05-2013, 04:46 AM

Carrie, I'm going to meander thru the blocks and make the ones I want to make...I don't think I'll be doing all of the applique ones...just the ones I think I can manage to do...The first DJ I ever saw was done in brights with black sashing & borders..no triangle blocks..
Besides the DJ software, I also downloaded 40 Bright & Bold stars & 50 fabulous stars..the price was right don't know if I'll ever do them..but I have them in case I do.

Mirabelle, I found you because I recognized your quilt and said to myself "that has to be Mirabelle"..

Is today Friday in the Netherlands? if so, I hope Anael comes home today and everything is OK..

I've been up since 5:07 ...opened a cabinet door and stuff came tumbling out...Kamakazi cabinet..called DH the day before to ask if an item was in that cabinet..I guess he didn't get it all in correctly so you all know what I've been doing since then...7:23 and just sat down to have my coffee...

GrannyQ, How are you & DH doing? been thinking of you...

QNS. hope your new eyeglasses work better for you than mine are doing right now...Just had the prescription changed last month and they just don't seem clear enough when reading & working on the cp...I think they need to be changed...everything is sharper when I take them off...

Have any of you seen the pattern Amish Twist??? the woman I work with at the Gallery made it and she gifted me with all the scraps...I'm going to make my first mini with them...the colors aren't bright they are rather flat & subdued ..black is the background so it does brighten them up...I have to trim all the pieces tho as they are all different sizes...if it turns out nicely I would like to put it on Ebay and donate the money to Wounded Warriors...
That seems to be about it for now so I'll see you all later....H.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:24 AM

I sorry, Mirabelle, I should have known you were holding the prettiest quilt in the crowd; but I wanted to make sure of whom I was looking for. What a wonderful gift to give from the heart. Priceless bounty in the that picture. Nice that ds can count on his Mother to take him to the airport. My SIL is always flying out weekend on his job...if he's lucky, he will get one weekend home a month.

My leg is telling me today that I overused it yesterday. So I had to put the brace on early this morning and tighten it up to support the knee. Dr also told me to start using baby aspirin daily which I did at one time, but stopped because of problems with the aspirin...so I think I shall pass on that and blame it on a hearing problem. It is the truth, not all doctor's were at the head of their class...and no two people are the same, nor react the same to their foods or medicine.

So much to do. Prioritize or do nothing. There is a choice...and I will make the choice after breakfast... sometime... before nightfall. Maybe. Everyone have a good day...