Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 336 of 542 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 335 336 337 346 386 436 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

QuiltE, yes the mill has always been used for linseed oil. It still belongs to an estate. This estate was first mentioned in 1347. The estate still is inhabited. This is a picture of the estate (I didn't take this one )

The house church has not been used as such for a long time.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh what wonderful photos Anael! This Estate even has a moat! Wow!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

With a water around the house in a moat; bet that basement is one of a kind. It would leak water through if it were built today! Love history. Thanks for sharing, Anael, even if you did not take that picture...we can still imagine us being there.

QuiltE, you were right on with the current count of MBs. I got one in the mail today from Dublb...thanks, Dublb. Love the blue and white. Will take pictures later...count of MBs in my hands are now eleven.

Quite a few pages to read so I will do it later tonite...Today is the first day I can say I feel okay...Last Thursday eve my son picked me up at around 8:30p.m. and the roads were very icy and it took us 2 hours to get to the Hotel (free room)...we had some dinner and then I went to the room to go to bed...The room was ice cold and it took them 2 hours to warm it up..it's an eco friendly hotel and they heat with hot water and a valve was closed...I couldn't get warm couldn't sleep I was afraid of not getting up in time for the flight even thought we had a wake up call which came 10 minutes late... we got to the airport at 4:30 and everything was soooo cold...after getting ex-rayed and patted down I was finally brought to the boarding area and one and a half hours later the plane boarded and by 6:30 we were on our way...the plane too was very cold and I'm so glad I wore my hooded down coat..I had to use it as a lap robe...I arrived on time at 8:03 and DH was waiting for me...It was 23* outside...I couldn't believe it...More cold...we stopped to have breakfast then finally went home and all I wanted to do was to get under the covers..He forgot to raise the heat before he left to pick me up....I went to take a nap and I slept thru to 10 at night...I'm still cold...and now we're supposed to get anywhere between 4 - 12 inches of snow or sleet and icy road conditions...
    DH went to Ace Hardware to buy a snow shovel just in case and they don't carry them here..They don't even have any snow removal equipment......Ha Ha ...I don't know why I'm laughing
    I think I might have a touch of the flu or I'm coming down with a cold...my bones just won't get warm !!!
    I tried ironing my starched fabric for cutting and after a few minutes I get an achy feeling and have to sit down...My knee has quieted down since I'm not really doing anything... I will be scheduling the surgery for it when I return to NJ...I cannot put it off any longer...I'm happy to see the sun shining today...Hope all of you are able to stay warm...I'll be browsing thru a few threads then sign off till later
    Last edited by Honchey; 01-27-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Dublb, your block is lovely, no notes on what it might be called:Name:  DSCN0091.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  146.7 KB And I struggled through more ripping today and got this far on Irish Mist, second go-arouind:Name:  DSCN0092.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  160.0 KBsides are on it; now for the top and bottom of it Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday. Yes, I changed the outside colors to relate back to the center of the center star. I believe JanieW may have hers done.

Honchey ... YIKES! ... maybe you and MrHonchey should get in that car and head even further south??

Anael ... nice "little" home ... yours, of course!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE, the storm is going all the way South into Florida. South Texas is spared...but colder weather.

Saw this sign in front of a church near me today: If you're the one praying for snow, please stop!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

QNS - great block you got from dublb! Looks like your Irish Mist is on its way to being completed. I bet you'll be glad when that one is done.

Anne - sounds like your in for more awful weather. Our hardware stores would be in the same shape as yours, we just don't get snow here, so no need to have snow shovels in stock.

Cute sign at the church Jan.

I got my messages from this topic in my email today, glad it is working again.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

First I'm still not gittin' e-mail notices!
    I usually stop by here & catch up several times a day. Then finish my day here.
    Sue here is where I got the idea for your block. It's one o' my favorite blocks!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ck-t92447.html
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I really like that block dublb! Thanks for the link.

Anael such beautiful photos thank you so much for sharing.

QNS hope you can get your Irish Mist together it really is a beautiful pattern and another gorgeous MB made its way home.

Honchey I hope you have warmed up and are feeling better

I may not have much computer time in the next few days, we are currently on Cyclone watch, there is a tropical low sitting out in the Coral Sea at the moment, they have predisted about 8 or more inches of rain in the coming days. The weather bureau are predicting it will make landfall either late Thursday of early Friday and the latest indication is it is heading directly towards our little town. Today DH and I spent the day doing a little tidying up in the yard, a hardware run for a few essentials. Tomorrow I will do a grocery shop for some non perishables and bottled water. Then it will be a case of sitting and waiting.

So if you don't hear from me you will know why. If we lose power we have a generator but will not run the computer or tv off it. I will just be happy to have lights and my fridges and freezers working.

Chat soon
    Karen

Hi all...pray those who are feeling bad get to be feeling better very soon! I spent a little time in the clubhouse the last couple of afternoons and even did a little sewing. QE suggested maybe a jelly roll quilt...I had one small one (20 strips) that I cut in half (2-1/2"x2"). Using just one half of each strip I made a baby "jelly roll race" quilt. It is narrower than I want so have an idea to fix it and will share once I get the flimsy done. The other half of the strips will turn into 4-patch blocks and I will alternate those with a 4" square. I will end up with 2 baby quilts.

Not sure how many of you are on the UFO 2014 thread, but there was an interesting link posted today to a link where someone is talking about UFOs thought you might find it interesting. http://theinboxjaunt.com/ (Jan 27th entry)

Mirabelle, be safe. If you need to come State side here, the welcome mat is out. PS...ship your quilts, too.

Carrie, hope you cub house is well heated. We have 4 below this morning; MN has 16 below. Its winter here. Thanks, but no thanks, weatherman, I would rather have snow!! Cute sign, JanRN.

Off to do errands this morning and sew this afternoon. Mailing the MB to ____________ by priority mail. Keep warm and safe today.

Good to hear from Honchey! Im glad you are safe and sound, stay warm dear!

Thanks for the link Carrie I KNOW why I dont finish anything... it is a good reminder

I just looked up that same pattern days ago... it is a pattern featured for a class at our local festival next month, called Anitas arrowheads http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/d...html?idx=12909 free pattern... maybe? grrr Havent decided yet.

Everyone stay Warm ok? stay DRY Mirabelle!

Anael! thanks for the pics we just DONT have OLD buildings here, the Monasterys in San Antonio TX are the oldest buildings I have seen. but a girl really has to go to Europe to SEE such grand buildings SIGH! maybe some day!!!

have a GOOD one ladies

oh yes! I sewed all OOPs blocks yesterday... thinking on a chain sashing to make the quilt a little bigger I will take pics!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

JanRN ... great sign! Love it when a church has a sense of humour!

MiraB ... Here's wishing you full safety throughout the cyclone. Meantime, stock up with the potential emergency needs .......... and some hand sewing? And we'll hope for the best, that the storm fizzles out before it hits landfall!

CarrieM ... I bet you "really" enjoyed being able to do that stitching! Thanks for the link ... and some great FMQ designs/lessons too.

DDamsel ... yes ... we need some OOPsy-Daisy Pics!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

DD, you're welcome to stay here

Mirabelle, stay safe and let's hope it won't be so bad!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Stay safe Mirabelle and all the rest of you stay warm. Nice pics, Anael.

I have a really neat serendipity type story. I am going to make the Tennessee Waltz quilt finally. Yesterday QNS recommended some Tri Recs rulers that are really good for cutting out the star points, those pesky 60 degree ones that intimidate me.

So today I drove all over the city hoping to be able to buy some. No luck. After I looked in the last place I could think of, I decided to head home. I get a text from my DIL so I pull over to read it. She says if I am out with the truck to drop by. I go over there and she has a big box of stuff that used to belong to her grandma that her mom just sent her. Grandma was a seamstress/quilter. Have you guessed what one of the items in the box was? Yep. An unopened, unused package of the exact Tri Rec rulers I had spent all day looking for. Her grandma has been gone for years and it just seemed really weird that DIL's mom would send it now when I have been thinking of doing the TW. So I am really pumped and ready to get at it.

Mirabelle - take care, I will be praying for you guys coming through this cyclone unscathed!

Janie, they are great rulers. I used them just this last month making Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice. If anyone is interested, the steps for this quilt are still available on her website and will be there until she takes them down in June (I think).

yes, Jeanie, I feel like I really hit the jackpot.

I finished my Irish Mist this morning. I apologize for the wrinkles, it really does lie flat but I am not feeling like pressing it just to fold it up to put away. This gives you the idea. QNS has gone rogue and changed some of her fabric so I can't wait to see her version.

Name:  DSC04949.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  317.9 KB

These are the fabrics I have chosen for the Tennessee Waltz. Not my usual at all!

Name:  DSC04950.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  312.3 KB

Hello Ladies!
    oooooh I received a wonderful MB from GGal today is it ever AMAZING the workwomanship is INCREDIBLE! thank you Dear I will take a pic after my camera charges

Here are my OOPs blocks... of course... the first one I attempted I did WRONG (correctly) and had to pick it out :P I think this quilt messed with my head... but just think how GREAT it would look as a MINI, a mini wallhanging MINI, I said mini!!!

Ok... and HERE is a quilt I have been TRYING to quilt for two days now... it has fought me every step of the way! My sister pieced this out of old scraps from grandmas sewing clothes... some were sewn, some surged. and EVERY time my needle hit a surged seam the thread would SNAP! FUN for me I finally got it done using the largest needle I had
    Jeanie did you ever master your machine? I sure could use any tips you may have, my model is the 1500 I dont remember if we have the same one, or yours is the newer 1900?
    ANYWAY I havent quilted in the blue stripes yet, Im open to SUGGESTIONS

Enjoy the Pics! Have a good one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Candace is Deranged

Waving HELLO to Janie
    your Irish mist looks GREAT! and I LOVE the bubble print for your TW
    Candace is Deranged

the Celtic Solstice is VERY similar to the Tennessee Waltz, no wonder you would use the Tri Rec for both
    Candace is Deranged

Irish Mist is still giving me grief. The last triangle piece goes on, but drags the outside edge down...so the triangle piece is causing it to sag down...all the other triangles have been OK, but this last one is driving me crazy...I can pin it and falls right...it is level across the top...I sew it and it sags. The degrees are right on both...go figure.

JanieW, I sure am happy for you to have the rulers in your hands after all that looking. And that Irish Mist is look pretty good to me, its all done. And the fabric for TW looks very inviting to cut into the TW quilt.

D_D, the quilts are looking neat. no suggestions here, as I keep hitting a brick wall with current project.

NinaSue
    you might turn the piece upsidedown from how you have been sewing the seam? or start sewing from the other end?
    sometimes that works for me

GOOD LUCK
    Candace is Deranged

Page 336 of 542 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 335 336 337 346 386 436 ... LastLast