Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 495 of 542 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 494 495 496 505 ... LastLast
Results 12,351 to 12,375 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

QNS--it may not always be easy to keep a positive attitude, but you have been a great example to me over the years. Please remember those of us who are younger need women like you to encourage us to be good wives even when things get tough!!

When we married fifty years ago March 24, 'they' said it would never last; I married below my 'level'. He was as stubborn as I in making sure it worked for the two of us. Neither one of us are perfect, so why expect our kids to be perfect? As a parent and teacher, I know we set the standards high for our children to be successful, but we are the adults that need to let them know its unconditional love.,...and let our chosen pardner know we love and work together. Its an adjustment in retirement, after jobs cease and children gone from the home. But it gets easier to forgive when you cannot remember what you should forgive DH for!! LOL.

Guess you young gals will just have to remember that....after we have gone from your lives. Thanks, Carrie, its good to know a few of you are noting the real meaning of what I am saying. To me, Love is what makes the world go arouond: love for family, love for friends, and love of life...with a few hiccups along the way.

Blog Entries
    And isn't it amazing how that love changes...one of the things I love the most about MrOK is the kind of father and now grandfather he is...not a part of the equation all those years ago...and you are right, Carrie we need those positive examples in our lives and what we must do to model those examples....

It was a hi ho hi hi it's off to work I go day today...also work Saturday...more EOY bookwork in between...now to fix tuna/egg salad for supper...I'm hungry....it's raining now...snow packed roads are going to be slippery tomorrow if they don't put some gravel on the hills I have to drive on....supposed to be 0 by Saturday night.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Jan & others, if you saw my stash you would understand why DH gets frustrated with me.. I just collect too much of what my current hobby is.. I also have a "collection" of beautiful yarns, ceramics & paints..But..the fabric is my passion Oh, I forgot..sewing machines too!

DH & I do have our times. He was sure frustrated today as we were packing & trying to figure out where we are gonna put stuff in the Brady house. Trying to fit the stuff from one house to one that is smaller & already furnished is very frustrating! We have been giving stuff away left & right but it is still gonna be crowded! We are gonna take another load tomarrow.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Bev, you bring up something that MrJan and I are disagreeing about: what to keep, what to trash, what to donate. I'm a big believer in upcycling, donating anything that can be re-used, re-purposed, sold by GoodWill, etc. He just wants to trash everything that we don't use. I'm talking about things like kitchen utensils, books, puzzles, small appliances, Christmas lights that I think can be donated. How did we solve this? We didn't--everything is in piles in the basement and nothing is solved. Then there's the problem of some of my son's things: original StarWars toys, GI Joes, early video games. His house is picture perfect but he says he still wants those things and will get them "some day". Right now I'm so frustrated with all this that I think I'll leave it all in the basement and when I die someone else will have to deal with it LOL!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, those 'toys' of your DS is worth $$$ today and probably more in the future. As long as he is gettin free storage, he may not want to 'move' them into his house.

We both are trying to down size our things from moving into a smaller house, all one story, from a two story bigger house. I have too many clothes that I hang on too but never wear...winter things that were wore a dozen times or less down South. Dillard winter wear. Puzzles, sets of plate ware, pots, pans, puzzles, games and fabric. Garden tools and small garden and yard machines.

I have not done this in a couple of years, but this year I am going to do it again! I will turn all the clothes in my closet with the hooks facing forward. When I wear something, I'll put it back into the closet the usual way, hooks facing the back. At the end of the the year, whatever is still facing forward I know I have not worn in a year, it will be donated to the Rescue Mission (or whatever charity). I have a separate closet for my "good" clothes (wedding, funeral, party) so those don't count. This is a good way to weed out those things that we just seem to "hang onto" because we might wear them again!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Sigh! I am not getting my e-mail notices when ya'll post here! I resubscribed yesterday & I still didn't get any notifications! I will have to talk to DH. I will have to say "Mike, fix it!"
    We are in Brady again today. We did unpack a few boxes & made some plans for some of the stuff we have. We are gonna take the 7 boxes of canning jars to the storage unit tomorrow & do some rearranging in there too.
    Bev

Finished Grandma on FW this morning; had company, and the late in afternoon I attacked Grandmother...the Y seams did not go in right, so will continue new efforts tomorrow morning.. . or redo the block.,,or alter the pattern not to have the Y seam... somehow.

Colder weather is forecast this week Quilter 65 is giving lessons on Stack 'n Whack at a local quilting shop & LA lady. Hope its possible to go on Wednesday I cut out two Morning Star Stack 'n whack queen sized quilts this week to review myself on how I dd that and demonstrated to the LA lady today, so she can better understand the process. There are many ways of different patterns used in Stack 'n Whack. The Morning Star is my personal favorite pattern.

She brought me my Pinwheel on point throw, all quilted, so I can add the binding now and send it off to Texas. Nice finish one UFO!

OH Sue I'd love to see it!.
    DH & I had a very busy day. Mostly we unpacked some boxes, changed some plans, carried 2 chairs upstairs, moved a bookcase into the downstairs bedroom (to see if it would fit) rearranged the storage unit & put boxes in there (the bulk was canning jars.) We are gonna have to restain the bookcase but we will have to do that when it is warmer.
    We are gonna head back to Midland tomarrow.
    Bev

Hey Ya'll!
    DH & I went to a funeral yesterday. The man was an ex-coworker of DH's but he was also my DBIL's double first cousin once removed. DH used to see him & say hello cousin Dewie. They always laughed about it. DH actually had known him several years before my DSis married DBIL.
    Bev

It is sad that it brings family together at funerals... . but good to check out who is still alive, too.

Have not put binding on quilt throw, so will post after that, Dublb. The Quilt Thros is going to Magnolia, Tx.

I know where Magnolia is. It is just north west of where my DD lives in Kingwood.
    I am looking forward to seeing your Quilt once it is bound.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    My quilt guild lost one of it's members today...Bev loved sewing for "the kids" or "the children"...sewing for Project Linus, putting together school bags for the less fortunate of our youngster...A very giving woman who will be missed.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oh HUGGS OK, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Bev

Hugs, Ok, its sad to lose a beloved member in the community and quilt guild. .it happens to all of us. There are angels on earth, and then they return to Heaven. They enrich our lives.

Everyone have a good day.

Monday my co-worker who sits in the next cubicle was not at work, he was at his best friend's father's funeral. He's just a young fellow, about 22. I thought it was so kind of him to be supportive and respectful... When the deceased is your own generation it makes a different feeling in your heart... Life is short, make the days count.
    Condolences.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the warm thoughts...Bev was in her 80's and lived a full life..loved her straight forward look at life..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Yesterday afternoon was a wonderful experience. It was, I think, the first or second class I have ever taken on quilting. Quilter 65 even came out of her way to take me to the class she was teaciing. And the owners of the shop brought me home. We got to see Quilter 54 beautiful quilts and learn more about the Stack n Whack procedure. Next week we get to choose our fabric and cut it our way..in four, six or eight sections....and sew on them. Even though I have made three 'Good Morning' Magic Stack n Whack quilts, I learned a lot; she was a wonderful teacher. she will help us through the journey of learning next week..

To see the latest quilt, posted by the LA auilter, go to http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t274066-7.html What talent. Wow.

Sue - That is so purdy!
    Yesterday was mine & DH's 33rd anniversary. We went to Red Lobster.
    Bev

Happy anniversary Dublb. Sounds llike you both enjoyed it.

Our new dish washer got installed this morning and it worked fine on the first batch of dishes. So much to do, and I did nothing this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Enjoy each day.

Today DH & I started tearing off the wallpaper in the entrance hall. Since we are not going back to Brady till next weekend we decided to at least start this project.
    Next week will be very busy! DM is gonna have her cataract surgery on Tues, & then my #1 DSis is gonna have a basil cell carcinoma taken off of her eye brow on Thurs. They both want me to be the one who goes with 'em.
    Bev

Page 495 of 542 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 494 495 496 505 ... LastLast