Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-31-2013, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

What a great smile, Anael! It's the top of the thread page and like Jan says what a great start to the day. Glad all went well for him.

Ggal--bummer that you can't garden and have to sew. Think about me as I head outside and get some more tidying up done! Last night picked the 4th batch of kale--DDIL where are you to make a quiche again!!! A few nice cukes as well. Oh so sweet just picked and soft skinned....

And I can't start another project--must get these last two done. OK outside-sun is shining for now and temps are liveable. Want to save time to make some goodies as 4-H judging team is coming to practice tonight. State contest is in a week. Hope it isn't raining when they get here. Later.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
QuiltE, in case you're wondering Stoer can be translated as tough.
Anael ... You beat me to it ... and what a perfect one for him!! Although with that "lief" smile and eyes, one can only melt looking at him!! Almost a bit of devilment in those eyes .... watch out world!!

MiraB ... what? you haven' struck a deal that MrMiraB cooks when he is home?

Honchey ... looking forward to SYE ... the first few days of it, I will be digging out from being on the road for the month and this will be something good to look forward to come back to. I am SO hoping my fall is not as bizarre as it became last year. Only time will tell!!

Yes, soon, I will only be making cameo appearances and drive-by-posts, Ladies!
I know you are saying ... can't be soon enough!!

JanRN ... hardly so! It seems to me that you have been one of the first that were TOTALLY finished with both your FWS and PC!

GGal ... we were the same, animals were never in the house. But we sure did get attached to the outside and barn animals. And that was not just the cats and dogs ... it was always hard to say good-bye to the favourite calves and cows on the farm. My husband's family always had cats and the dog in the house ... what a change for me! So yes, we did manage the odd cat and dog into our home too, but not the whole herd of them!

OKSGlad ... a busy day ahead for you! Getting ready for those 4-H meetings always takes work, doesn't it? Is it your responsibility to line up the practice judging classes for tonight? Maybe give them some kale to judge? As for treats ... we often served ice cream cones in the summer or make-your-own Sundaes. Both were a hit, as they didn't get them at other farms .... and little work for me!! And always with cartons of chocolate and white milk!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM

Yeah...I can hear you sing Willie Nelson's "On The Road Again"....
Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 AM

Anne, I like the idea of one thread per month for the 2 blocks done during that month. When I did the Rosie quilt we only had one thread for the entire project. It worked well but there were times I wanted to check on a specific block and had to hunt to find it. This way all the same blocks will be in the same thread and as people get behind/caught up they can post it to the correct month. Give us your thoughts--we want this to be easy and enjoyable for you, too. This has to be a lot of work for you--and believe me, we appreciate it!!

Carrie, I finished FWS & PC quickly because I did QAYG. I'm still afraid of the Sweet16 so always find an excuse not to finish. I finished the Christmas Rosie but still have the other Batik Rosie to sandwich and quilt. I know--I need to just do it LOL!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

♪♪♫♫♪♪ lalalalala♪♪♫♫♪♪
Just for Honchey!!

OH NO ... JanRN ... Please DO NOT BE AFRAID!
Your S16 will not bite you!
It needs the one-on-one attention!!!

I agree ... separate threads for the blocks.
I really liked how with FWS and PC that we could go to a thread and find the info we wanted for a block and not have it lost in a long thread (know any 542 pg threads?).

Some of the other QALs that were one thread only, became such a jumble!!!

This is getting exciting!!!!!! Another group coming together soon!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 AM

I just figured it was time to rein all of you in again
Old 07-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

*ouch*
....................... get that darned lasso off my neck ....

Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

BTW does this mean we will have to get our "company manners" on when we go to a new thread with new folks?
*giggle*
Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 PM

That I cannot go 'off' onto other topics? Since I am the *only* guilty one....are you gonna lasso us or rein us in??? Love those recipes...we still have to eat and cook. Love to see pictures of grand and great grands.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:08 PM

Honchey--I like the idea of a thread each month. Date wise, the days you picked are fine with me too. I figure if I at least have both done by the end of the month I will be doing good. I am not sure what the "note" means as I don't see any difference in the templates...maybe they did that early on?

OK--fresh cukes are the best. We like to slice them up, add some mayo and dill...yummy! I don't know that I have ever had kale. Hope you were able to get everything ready for the judging team tonight.

QE--it will be quiet while you are away and you will be missed.

Jan--maybe we need to set a goal to get our quilts done (you Rosie and me PC)? Anyone else just have blocks to join/quilt want to join us?

QNS--I am thinking we will still come back to this thread to "visit"...share pictures of kids, GKs, gardens, recipes, etc, etc...that way the SYE thread stays mostly pictures and comments about the blocks.