Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 451 of 542 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 450 451 452 461 501 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    Oh a sew buddy on the new trail, Carrie!

Bev's way.

Honchey...Page 12 might have someone you know!

I think sweet pea will survive...going to put some cayenne pepper to help keep them away...Sure they were digging for moles. Can't get mad like I did. BP is up and I feel lousy, better but still lousy.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

HUGGS ta ya too OK. I too have had diggin' dog syndrome. Got mad at mine about a month ago.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OK, Who would I know on page 12 of a magazine..Tell me...don't drive me crazy..at least tell me the name of the magazine..it must be someone here on the board that got published??? argghhhhh!

Blog Entries
    Since you still are online...I will tell...It's me. The All Iowa Hop Shop has put out a magazine available at participating Iowa shops. LQS asked if I'd make up a couple of patterns for her to feature the AISH fabric. I sent her several examples...she like them all, picked the ones she wanted and encouraged me to send to the AISH committee. AISH originally picked 2 of my designs but could only use 1. So I had to make a sample from my fabrics as I was only using jpeg's for the designs and write instructions. I really do like how easy it came together. Since March I have written up instructions on 5 patterns. This week I did the 6th one...a row by row for the LQS as an Iowa group project. I'm tired of proofing patterns......time to call it a day...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OMG OK that is so awesome! Congratulations!!! Wish I was there so I could get a copy of your patterns. Wow!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hooray for OK! I'm proud o' ya! That is so Kool!
    Bev

I will check out that page 12 today, OK! Way to go!!

OK--I guess now I'll have to buy a "magazine". I am not planning to shop hop, but it would be special to have something you did inside...then if we ever meet you can sign pg 12 for me. lol Can't wait to see what you've come up with!

QNS--hope you have a great time shop hopping this month! I am really trying to stay out of shops so I can finish several things before the new FW quilt and not have a lot of new things on my list. I actually have some empty project boxes right now and that feels great!

Congratulations Oksewglad, Someone please buy me a copy and send it to me Media I will reimburse you I am very proud of you OK..What an achievement ! Happy for you to be published.. so special is our girl!!

Honchey--I would be happy to get you a book when I go to town tomorrow and get mine...if you want. Just email me your mailing address.

Jeanie--If you want one...just let me know and I can get you one too.

Congratulations to "our own" OK!! What an accomplishment and honor. Did I also see Ms.OK with a pattern on EQ7? It's exciting to know someone famous and so talented! We all knew what a great quilter you are, now others can see your talent, too.

Printing out more FWS patterns, yes 10 at a time, no other way to do it. I had MrJan check and since they are all individual Adobe files they can't be run in batches or all at one time.

Have a great day, ladies, it's cool (finally) and rainy here. A good day to clean---not that I will LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone....no I'm not famous by any means, just in the right place at the right time. I'll take a picture of my sample flimsy and share...I didn't have the fabric to make it with. I was thinking last night I'd better get some fabric and make one like the pattern.

And yes Jan, I did have a design shown on EQ. I need to make one of those...no instructions were required when I did that one...

Now back to real world and balance icing my checkbook and finding the lawn mower key....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OK--Did you find your key?

QNS--How did the shop hopping go today? Did anything follow you home?

Blog Entries
    No key...got a new one...gotta love small towns. Went to where we got the mower...they gave me a new key..no charge. A$6 value. Bounced around this late afternoon so now am sore...
    Re: the pattern..to proof it, I didn't have the fabric. I used a cardinal fabric for the center and coordinating red and black for border and triangles. Will take a picture of the flimsy. I.e. tired..goodnight...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I was way too tired to respond last night and we only went to four shops.

Ann Wheeler has a long arm business and :er husband ran the shop while she graciously drove Susan and I yesterday around in my car Lucas where we got our passports and Iowa fabric. then on to Chariton and the Sampler there and choose fabric from her 'sale room' before going on to Pella for lunch and more shopping. Beauriful wall hanging there, like stepping into a picture of a large flower garden , with the tulips first in the picture. one kit had to follow me home. B&B Creations at Tracy Iqwa was being operated by the surviving widower and his daughter and then home again. Yes, I found more 1930s fabric for the next project.

I will email later.

Hurry for OK! I just loooove your pattern!
    Bev

Its been run, run and run here...hoping it settles down and we can stay home. Yesterday was a 'hair emergency' and I had dh run me into town to have it cut....short! Love it now. Ran to my hometown this morning for dh to get a haircut and outfit him for the neighbor, Linda'sl wedding Saturday evening. She is the one who owns the LA and has been doing my quilt tops for me. Third time for her, and second time for him as both lost their respective spouses to cancer, etc. . Not much on dancing, so after the wedding and supper, we will excuse ourselves, wish the bride and groom the best and come home.

Tuesday, the 9th, is my second round of the All Iowa Quilt Shop Hop; we have filled the car with a fun group, so that trip is going to be a lot of fun....Seven shops are on the agenda, I hear. Better get busy on the supper I promised to a couple coming in for eggs. Take care everyone.

I finished teachin' my class on Mon & got paid yesterday. I made only $135 but think it's a good start. I hope that I can teach more.
    Bev

Hi Everyone, Just about done packing both cars..I am exhausted..going to take a looong soak then off to bed..We leave tomorrow morning..staying overnite in Va then on to NC on Friday morning...I have decided that I'm going to leave a lot of my "stuff" so I'll only have to bring a current project when we go back andl forth..I'm finally getting tired of it all, moving it that is... I'll check in again after I get to the house...Have a good one all..H.

Have a great trip Anne. I agree about takin' all my stuff back & forth ta Brady. Such a hassle! I guess if we move there, that part won't be a problem anymore. LOL
    Bev

Blog Entries
    How fortunate you have 2 homes to go back and forth to, gals...safe travels, Honchey.

Well it's some spending money, dublb...I don't think people realize how under paid quilters how whether it's as a teacher or pattern maker. I know I didn't get min wage for the hours I spent this winter and spring. That being said, I have enjoyed what I did as I am sure you have also... and if it continues you will be able to get more as time goes on. Bounced over the lawn today...it was such a butchered job earlier because of the long grass I had to do it before the next round of rain starting tomorrow. Have a goodnight...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I'm having a problem with charging for a quilt. Bev, it got you a little spending money and like OK said hopefully will lead to more opportunities and increased fees. A gal I used to work with asked me to make a quilt with Hot Air Balloons. If she wants a full size (and I think she wants larger which I won't do) it will take about 20 blocks. I made up one block, paper pieced, and it took me 3 hours. If I got $10/hour just for labor that would be $600 in labor alone. Then there would be fabric and batting, etc., which is about another $200. She can't pay $800 even tho I know the quilt would be worth that much. What to do? I'm going to try to convince her to have me make a bed runner. Even that would be almost $300; again, she can't afford it so I thought I'd tell her $175 and see how that goes. I hate to undercut the prices of other quilt artists. So I'm debating just saying no, I can't do it. Help me out, ladies--what do you think? I have to let her know by Monday. (Oh she also said and I need a baby quilt, too but I know she can't afford these things--she has my old job and I know what she makes and it's not a lot).

Safe trip, Anne. Hope QNS is having fun on her adventure.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, I make my quilt tops because I want too; not to 'sell', but I am asking for the LA fee now with each top....or they can sit in a box at my house. Because I love to quilt and feel blessed to see and to sew again. Again, too many people do not realize the amount of work it takes or money...and ask the question any way...thinking if we are charitable enough, we will 'gift' them with a quilt. Show your a spread sheet with the figures for the real cost of a quilt, from the babric to the binding....and labor. Introduce her to the real world....and then say with what you have lined up to do, it will take two years to bring it up to the top of the list. I think she will get the idea then to forget it. If not then, she can purchase the fabric one month, then the pattern, and pay out in three months the full amount...let her judge if she can afford it or not. She just may not know what she is asking of you; most people do not.

Dublb and Honchey, I cannot care for one house well enough to ever think about two of them. Good luck to both of you on your journeys. When I traveled within a district working, it never failed that what I wanted was in a another place!

Yes, JanRN, I am so ready for Tuesday when we are set to travel again. Never had a discouraging word the last day, all day long. Wonderful sunny, beautiful day. May you all have sunshine in your hearts today.

notebook is all done on the new project beginning in August. Whew!

Sorry Jan I can't help a lot...I usually do cost of the materials times (fabrics $100, my time $100) but if each block is taking that long I would feel inclined to charge more. Have you thought about altering the pattern and not doing so many hot air balloons? I made this quilt and changed the big blocks to kites/flowers http://creativesewlutions.danemcoweb...oduct/boxtrot/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 451 of 542 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 450 451 452 461 501 ... LastLast