Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 351 of 542 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 350 351 352 361 401 451 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I received this beautiful block today from Jeanie. It's called Mosaic #18 and fits so nicely with all my MBs. Thank you, Jeanie, and thanks to all of you. I have almost all of the blocks quilted and I'm so anxious to get it put together. Maybe I'll get it done this week during the expected blizzard.
    QNS, look at the block as half-done, not half undone. I love the colors you are using, so appropriate for the state stars.Name:  Jeanie.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  686.9 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Oh dublb, please take care!
    GGal, I'm so jealous--reaching your goals is awesome! Lovely work on the star block.
    QNS--oh so pretty star, even though half done.
    Jeanie, right on. Jan's block is perfect! Once I heard there was rain in CA I though of you and hoping you were blessed. Sure hope it soaks in.
    When I picked up my mail my heart skipped a beat. The last of my MB's came today and a feeling of finality over came me. It was quickly replaced with joy when my "Snow Blossom" floated down! Honchey was so thoughtful in her choice and like all flowers it is a beauty. Thanks.
    Name:  Honchey's Snow Blossom.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  140.1 KB

I have been so humbled when I have opened up these packets from all over. You are all such marvelous piecers. Thank you for sharing your gift with me.

So while GGal has been reaching her goals, I have created a few more UFO's while working on my goals of mini flimsies. Here is some mini bites of eye candy. First pictures are waiting to be put in settings. The red/gold fabric is 1" wide waiting for a design to be used in.
    I recieved 9 1" wof scraps of a peach fabric. Here are the first flimsies from that fabric paired with a peach mini print. I'm working on putting mitered corners on the second one--something I haven't done much of.
    Name:  4P on point.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  172.2 KBName:  Tiny whirligig 1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  164.9 KBName:  Tiny whirligig 2.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  219.9 KBName:  DD 4P on point.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  117.6 KBName:  DD triple 4P on point.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  140.6 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oh my, oksewglad, those are just wonderful! I am having trouble with all the little PP in my 8" 50 Fabulous Stars I am working on. Some are like little slivers of fabric because there are so many pieces! I should have stayed with the 12" size! I am working on the same piece as QNS - that California block is a bear!

Thanks for thinking of me with the rains. We live about 50 miles north of L.A., and don't have any burned out hills where the flooding can cause all the problems. We got another 1/2" of rain today, but another storm is suppose to come in tonight.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I cheat on my Stars...I cut out templates with seam allowances and put them onto the pp so I am not wasting fabric. It really saves time, but takes longer to set it up, but worth it. Its a challenge on each one, as the SYE were for me...and still are more of a challenge than the stars.

Ok, that was a perfect last MB to add to your others. Hope you don't get dumped on for snow again; sounds like we will be dumped on Saturday night with six plus inches of snow (up to ten inches). Like the little guy on the face book cartoon, please tell me where that 'delete winter button' IS so we can push it.

Thanks for telling us, Jeanie, that you are in safe area and can enjoy your basketball finals there.

QNS, that is a great idea to make templates for the Stars PP. I'm going to try that. Especially since I am doing a different size (8"), I cannot use the size pieces she lists in the book.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oksewglad what a beautiful set of minis you have made, I love them all. You will have a lovely selection for your next auction.

JeanieG I am glad you are getting some rain at long last.

GGal another beautiful block, can't wait to see more of them.

It is the 1st March here so I have been thinking of my March goals and what I would like (need) to accomplish this month.
    Here is what I have come up with.

1. 8 Sylvia blocks (done)
    2. 4 x 50 Star blocks (2 made 2 to go)
    3. 1 Spike block
    4. 8 to 10 Dear Jane blocks (2 made)
    5. Quilt DH's quilt
    6. Quilt 2 charity flimsies

I have written my list so hopefully I can stay focused and get some stuff done as April will be busy with my Spike quilt and my MB quilt needing to be finished. I love this idea of monthly goals, it really gives you the motivation to get things DONE..
    Karen

OK, love that block from Anne--it looks 3-D and the colors are so pretty. And, wow! Look at those minis-just gorgeous.

QNS, that sounds like a good plan to cut templates for fabric sizes. I've found that the sizes she lists in the cutting directions were a little small; I prefer to over size my fabric pieces to make sure they fit. I use the hack & wack cutting system so I do make some mistakes. I keep an apothecary jar on my cutting table and throw all the mistakes in there to use on some of those teeny pieces that Jeanie mentioned. I'm doing the 12" and some of the pieces are really large. I have the most trouble getting an accurate size for elongated triangles.

Mirab, that's a lot of goals but I have faith in you and know you'll get thru them and then some.

My goals: just make it through March. Thought I was going to get thru this winter without depression returning.

Have a great week-end everyone. Stay warm & dry and do something you love.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

My templates are just like we used in FWSQ, I run an extra pattern quarter off and cut it up into individual numbered pieces and glue it to light cardboard allowing room for the quarter seam, and I cut that down a small wee bit to use as a pattern, and test one, and go from there. I glue the piece to the right side of the pattern, turn it over and draw the lines to sew on the back side, trimming after each piece is sewn on...works for me...its more controlled that way,less waste. Yes, I do have to 'rip' out on occasion, but not using a real fine stitch so its possible to rip it out or re-do the block.

JanRN, the MB from Jeanie was a wonderful block, just perfect for your collection. Mirabelle, your goals sound wonderful...but I am not listing mine. I have company coming for a week; will make sure she enjoys herself.

Everyone have a good day and a good weekend...will let everyone know if we get that big snowstorm tonight.

So happy to know you like your "Snow Blossom" OK...When I first saw it I was enticed by it and I knew it was going to be a MB for one of my PC riders...I really did try to match the blocks with the requests & receivers... It's a good feeling to know that I at least finished this journey as well as completed it...now it's time to get them together..

What a wonderful classy MB for Jan...I just love the combination of red/blk/white... and OK, I get so revved up when I see your little minis I want to go & start making some..That's as far as I get ..something else always gets in the way...

I, also, enjoy seeing all the star blocks some of you have done...QNS, that was real cute showing the block done & undone....

I'm getting ready to go thru a month of mail right now...Hope eveyone in the path of Titan gets ready for whatever he dishes out...My "kids" are coming over tonite and I have to figure out what to make for dinner...they are such fussy ones..I don't remember ever being that way as a kid...they're too spoiled!!!! checking out now..check in laterH.

So much delicious eye candy for us to enjoy ... the final MBs are finding their ways to their owners.
    Will we see some completed MB quilts soon?
    Looking forward to seeing how everyone puts them together!

JeanieG ... I was so happy to hear that you got the rains. Now glad to know that the floods are not likely an issue for you. Enjoy every little drop!

GGal ... you are ever-so productive! Looks like you have mastered your A4A lessons too!

GGal and MiraB ... Like you, the Boosters have helped me to keep on track. I'll post my results later today or tmro along with March's goals. Most all are done with some extras to counter!!! Income tax prep coming, so willl have to keep my March goals in line of the time I "think" I will have.

JanRN ... {{{{HUGS}}}} and I was hoping for you too! It's been a long time since you had a FART. Maybe that is what you need to beat those blues away?

OKSGlad ... does this group of minis have a destiny? or just inventory, to have ready. Love the starts and intrigued as to how that red/gold strip will make things dance!

This morning I spent time getting my machine set up and ready to FMQ.
    This afternoon now, some practice work and get my pattern/design into my auto-pilot.
    Tonight??? ..... I hope to see some action.
    At the least .... tomorrow!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE - what does this mean: "This afternoon now, some practice work and get my pattern/design into my auto-pilot"??? Can you program your sewing machine to quilt somehow, or do you practice the design so you can sew it without thinking about it too much? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Yes, JeanieG ... you figured it out ... trying to get my brain and hands/arms to work together to make it happen the way I envision!! So far, not much has happened as it seemed that some people thought they should talk to me on the phone! Oh well!

Love the way LA work at conventions with computer attached, just humming across the quilts, doing it's design...that is as close as I have gotten to free hand motion on a LA!

The star block of California is done; dh wanted his supper, so I will press it and post a picture of it tomorrow! DH got Round Steak with onions and creamed peas for supper.

Stay warm and safe as the storms hit were you are.

Booster Club Report!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Here's my January goals .... and report ...................
    Now what will I do in February??
    1. Complete the ♥ Wall/Door hanging so it can be hanging for V-Day! Mission accomplished!
    2. Mail February MB Sent and received by DublB
    3. Make Theme BOM for February. Yeppir!
    4. Complete January's Theme BOM. ditto!!
    5. Sandwich and start quilting one of the January quilt top completions ... probably the D4P first Sandwiched and quilting not started til yesterday.
    6. Make 13 more DJs! plus four more!
    Booster Bonuses!!!!
    7. Nine Hearts flimsy completed, with binding and backing ready.
    8. Small Valentine's placemat sandwiched and to be quilted.
    9. Sandwiched the "ugly" wall hanging ... it will be a FMQ practice piece. Being that I don;t like it, I will give myself lots of space to try new things, and not worry if they don't turn out.

My March Booster Goals ..........
    1. Finish Sunshine Garden (D4P).
    2. Finish Valentine's placemat.
    3. Make 13 more DJs!
    4. Make March Theme BOM.
    5. Make Easter Theme BOM for April.
    6. Work on FFC project and have it finished to a flimsy.

I'm hoping for more, but this is the month I have to prep and do income tax, so it will take priority. Plus I still have some post-Olympic catch-up to do.

This is really helping me get a lot more done than I might do otherwise.
    THANKS to all who are in the Booster Club with me!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 03-02-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Now onto March goals--love how you've listed your goals and finishes QE, and I'm copying

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post

February Goals 1. Finish LQS project-almost done--instructions done--now to keep sewing on it
    2. Make last Mystery Block and mystery block for Quilt Guild
    3. Prepare hexagon workshop for Quilt Guild.
    4. Finish hexagon doll quilt for DGD--hexagons all pieced and attached--I made more to make it larger--now to put it together.
    5. Work on "Olivia" quilt for DGD --
    6. Machine Quilt DS and DDIL quilt
    7. Plan mini mini quilts for future fundraisers. You've seen some of them. Have 3 1/2 flimsies; one being Hquilted Plans for many more!
    8. Keep working on UFO's. Maybe I should make a list first ongoing!
    Other Feb finishes--
    Fold over edges on 5 baby quilts for church charity.
    Spent a day sewing for Project Linus.
    Pieced a flannel baby flimsie. Bought flannel fabric to finish.
    Gave rwb scraps to fellow guild member to work on her QOV.
    Made a couple of needle cases for QB's birthdays.
    Completed a "surprise" packet for another dear friend.

1. Finish LQS project
    2. Make mystery block for Quilt Guild
    3. Put together the hexagon quilt
    4. Continue piecing mini flimsies. Must admit I'm getting tired of a certain piece of peach fabric so onto a different color scheme!
    5. Make some "coffee" themed mug rugs and a bunch of potholders for school mini carnival in April.
    6. Plan my FFC project--have a great idea--now to get colors together.
    7. Look at the UFO pile yet again.

I guess I did okay in the quilting department. Would sure like to get a few bigger projects (old) done.

Okay going to start a binge cleaning for a couple of weeks. Haven't in so long and don't want to have it all fall on me as we get ready for the big wedding in June.

No baby news yet either. This little guy missed 3 ggfather's Feb bd's. Below zero yet again, but hey the sun's shining. looking forward to warmer weather with mixed emotions. May not get my March goals completed!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Oksewglad what a beautiful set of minis you have made, I love them all. You will have a lovely selection for your next auction.

JeanieG I am glad you are getting some rain at long last.

GGal another beautiful block, can't wait to see more of them.

It is the 1st March here so I have been thinking of my March goals and what I would like (need) to accomplish this month.
    Here is what I have come up with.

1. 8 Sylvia blocks (done)
    2. 4 x 50 Star blocks (2 made 2 to go)
    3. 1 Spike block
    4. 8 to 10 Dear Jane blocks (2 made)
    5. Quilt DH's quilt
    6. Quilt 2 charity flimsies
    7. Make first 4 blocks for Darkness border

I have written my list so hopefully I can stay focused and get some stuff done as April will be busy with my Spike quilt and my MB quilt needing to be finished. I love this idea of monthly goals, it really gives you the motivation to get things DONE..
    Have added another project for March, now it is time to get off this computer and start sewing, good luck everyone with your March goals
    Karen

OKSGlad ... you've been a busy lady and with big plans for March too. Good idea, to get those charity fundraiser quilts done early!. Are you hosting the wedding? Or travelling to the bride's area? Will be busy for you to get all ready, regardless of where. That Grandbaby obviously wants it's very own birthday ... doesn't want to share!

MiraB ... and you forgot Darkness? I can hear the whirrrrrrr of your sewing machine tackling your March goals, already.

Speaking of which ...... Woohoooooo .... March #1 is almost done. FMQing finished, binding stitched and now to finish the hand sewing! So hope for something good for me to watch on the TV and I'll make good progress on it!

Here are my latest DJ blocks, only 4 more to go and I have my March quota filled

Now I am off to baste a quilt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Oh so lovely, MiraB .... I spotted those FC circles right off and am glad that you posted a close up. How sweet! You are giving me visions of you having all your BOMs done in the next few days, with the bigger goal projects for the rest of the month! Way To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh so pretty mirabelle--like the close up!

Today's accomplishment 2 more mini flimsies. All the 4P's in now 4 of these are the same--yes tired of that 1" peach piece--got rid of one wof as a border in #2. Time to work in some other colors! QE just going to have a bunch of UFO's. I like to let my tops simmer before quilting so when I have a FRaiser it won't take much to finish these.
    Name:  DD peach 5P chains.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  204.6 KBName:  DD peach double 4 P chains.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  100.5 KB Time to go to bed. Night.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 03-02-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OK: WOW!!!! You do awesome work. Every mini is so different. Every quilt is so special.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Jan...You need some warmth and sunshine for the March dip. Maybe you and DH would enjoy the sands and sun somewhere south for a week or so. Your Dr. owes you for all the times you've stepped in during all of those staff that didn't work out. Your mystery blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt.
    OK and Mirabelle...thanks for the eyecandy. So neat how we all have our own special quilting bent.
    QNS...your star is coming along nicely.
    Here are my February/March goals. This UFO thing is starting to bug me. I would much rather be starting something new. But the good news is...after March there will only be a small box of orphan blocks that might stay just that and a pile of flimises

February goals
    Ocean Waves and Celtic Solstice...borders..DONE
    SYE...2 blocks, did 3
    El's Kitchen...2 blocks..DONE
    Delightful Stars...4 blocks...Done
    FMQ practice...4 blocks...Done
    Next installment in QB quilt.
    Not planned but done...sashing and layout for SYE
    Progress on My Blue Heaven scrappy header/ender

March goals
    SYE...last block and assemble entire quilt
    BOMs..El's Kitchen, Delightful Stars..keep current
    My Blue Heaven scrappy...finish blocks and make flimsy
    Civil War UFO...finish putting together
    Fabric Essentials Mystery Quilt....find block fabric and complete putting together

Start making backings and binding for 3 flimsies

Didn't get the really bad weather but it is very cold and sunny this morning. Good day to sew. Have a good one!!!

Mirabelle, you need to let the bunnies recharge ....wow, you've been going full speed ahead!.. love your DJ's... I've been fussing with one block for the last 2 weeks!

Ok, you too have been busy and the results are beautiful.

Dublb, didn't mean to step on your toes with the posting of the MB..I honestly didn't see it...my bad

Jan, get one of those lamps that help with the winter blues...I hear that they work!

Today I call the DR...not too happy to do that..it's long overdue...

I'm so glad the storm fizzled out where we are.. it's still cold tho...How did the rest of you in the path fare?

After I start something on the stove for dinner I might start something going on the sewing machine...haven't been there since I got home...Have a good day all of you....H.

It is cold here, cold, cold and cold....brrrrr. Three below Zero and I wantta hibernate until Thursday...just let me sleep in my warm bed until then.....brrrrr. Ready to take that virtual jet to Hawaii...how many are with me????

OKsewGlad, you have more winning minis for the auction!! You tempt me into thinking of a mini quilt, but still trying to get up to speed for the month...in pending projects.

Finished the star, California, and did Colorado. My goals: to get 'caught up' for the month....with Fab Stars, SYEs, and Sylvia, and Dear Jane and have time to work on TW. So happy many goals have been met; it would be nice to see a picture or two of the successful quilt work.

Sounds like knee surgery, Honchey. With this cold weather, mine has sure been making itself known in the hurting department...and sewing has not helped it a bit.

Well, I just got off the phone with the surgeon and I cannot have the knee done until all the dental problems are under control and not flare up so I see the dentist tomorrow to get all that started...I'm trying to figure out which is worse...not being able to eat properly or limping the spring & summer away...it's going to take that long to treat the affected tooth & jaw...that may not be to bad.. I can stand to lose some weight .

Page 351 of 542 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 350 351 352 361 401 451 ... LastLast