Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 349 of 542 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 348 349 350 359 399 449 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Wow I have been buried under a mountain of fabric for the past 2 days and am just coming up for air I have finished cutting the borders for Out of Darkness, all 1,390 pieces (but who was counting)

Wasn't sure that DH was going to make it to Townsville on Wednesday to catch his flight, on Tuesday they had their February monthly average rainfall in one day, 12 inches, the roads were flooded and parts of the highway were closed. Lucky for me he made it
    It has been raining here off and on all day, and when it is not raining the sun is shining, just to steam things up a little.

Now I am going to start on DH's quilt while he is away, I think I have a layout, it came to me this morning while I was waiting for the washing machine to finish. (I know the things we think about when the washing machine is spinning) Just have to draw it up and see if it is what I envisaged in my pea brain this morning

There has been more beautiful fabric to look at, more beautiful blocks and even more beautiful one of a kind quilts being made, and some unique furniture to ponder over (don't know if I would want to sit on it though). Not to mention more Grands on the way.. always something happening. Now it is back to the salt mine for me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Mirabelle, you are amazing to patiently cut out that many pieces and have them so organized ready to sew...very soon you will be showing Pam Bono your finished quilt on her gallery page.

Have a good day everyone; bfs are waiting for their breakfast, so off to the kitchen I go.

MiraB ... your sound so *happy* that MrMiraB is gone!! Hope he does not make any surprise visits back without telling you, so you can make all evidence of his quilt disappear. Looks like you are going to have to do some Darkness work too, in order to account for your time when he gets back! Happy Sewing ... and don't turn it into too much of a marathon!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Sigh! I posted last night what happened when I got my sonogram but don't see it now. The lady that did the sonogram said that there is a small cyst on my left ovary but it isn't big enough ta cause me pain. I hadn't hurt since the 9th or 10th till tanight. I am in quite a bit o' pain tanight! I'll hear from the Dr on Mon or Tues.

My DGM went ta the hospital taday. They never found anything wrong w/her. Nothin' ta explain her vomitin', her temp droppin' ta 93*F, her blood pressure goin' sky high, nor the vertigo. She's only been home from rehab for 1 day. We were there all day. She is home now.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Hugs for you, Dublb, and hope today will look better to you.

Everyone seems to be very busy with their life right now, for whatever reason...may the weekend be kind to you...and you can post a few words.

Blog Entries
    out to dublb

We were on the edge of the storm getting 4-5 inches. So hard to tell when the wind blows. 20 miles to the west major highways were blocked with snow--more of it and nastier winds. Now below zero temps at night next week. Yes we are so tired of winter.

Made cinnamon rolls and cinnamon/raisin bread as well as a loaf in the bread machine. Better huddle around the campstove (it's winter we're inside) and grab a roll before the Grands get here today. Have a good one.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OKSGlad ... you have my attention as soon as you mention cinnamon!! And doubly so with both rolls and raisins. UGH! for more winter weather ..... I don't want the blow and wicked cold any longer. I will accept snow .. the pretty Christmas card type!!

Thinking of you and your family Dublb and hope yours and your DGM's health improves..
    Karen

Dublb, I hope your DGM will get better soon!

I saw this on Facebook today and thought I'll share it with you
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Yup, Anael....that's a grandparent's job! You're lucky to be close enough to do just that.
    A little snow on the ground this morning...winter is not over...but my driveway is open and I'm using it! Nothing special planned today. Maybe another SYE if I get the wedges of the last one sewn together. One more pattern to get and then I can plan my final layout. I have the setting blocks all done. Have a good day all.

Anael ... tooooo funny! ......... and oh so true!

DublB ... thinking of you and your DGM and hoping that all gets sorted out for both of you quickly.

DD had told me her DH and DS did not like sweet desserts, but DS was here too and I baked him brownies. Amazingly, DD's DH and DS dug into the brownies very seriously before leaving our home...DS's companion snapped this picture:Name:  1-2011-03-12 15.39.35.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  93.0 KBSince then, I always bake brownies and have Ice Cream in the freezer for them. I loved the little cartoon, Anael.

GardenGal, I am glad your driveway is clear of snow. Now if the driveway for OK will do the same.

Hi Everyone, and no, I haven't fallen of the face of the earth....Mother Nature hasn't been too kind to us here in Calabash, NC...The ice storms did a lot of damage to the trees and there was a lot of damage to almost every tree in our community...luckily we only have one tree in the back corner of the property and that was pruned when the house was placed on the lot... my neighbors modem (my connection) went kaput and it took her awhile to replace it $$ I offered to help $$ and she refused...so I just had to sit put for awhile...My inlaws from Ohio visited us for several days and I was very busy with them.. shopping etc...she really loves to shop!!!! I was exhausted when they left...we were constantly on the go...My DH thanked me on how gracious I was to his brother & his wife...
    When I first arrived here DH was complaining about the furniture we sit on so I told him we're getting Lazy boy's and so we did...I'll post photos later of all that I've been doing for the last several weeks...Time really flies by when you're having fun!!! I even baked a cake today...an old recipe from Bisquick...I added apples to it...it's still too hot to cut into....I hope it tastes ok...My sister changed the recipe a bit...looks good tho.
    There's a ton of pages I have to go thru to catch up so I'll leave for now..I'll post the photos & talk later...H.

Blog Entries
    Glad all's safe and sound, Honchey. Well safe anyway.
    A do nothing day. After church hung curtains in DS's house. Another looker tomorrow. He will be very happy if this is the one that takes the bait and buys it.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Honchey ... good to see you back here with us ... and hope you can visit more regularly!

OKSGlad ... Good Ol' Mom is now Real Estate Mom!

I really haven't done much taday. Yesterday was another story. We cleaned up the back patio & got it ready ta have a cookout for #1DSons B-day. It's amaizin' how cluttered it got over the winter. And there was the problem w/the birds. Since dove don't leave Midland in the winter & we have 2 large trees right by the patio....well.....we had ta scrub the concrete! It was a wonderful day. No dust in the air. (I'm startin' ta think I'd rather have snow than dust!) Anyway #1DSon's family came by & #2DSon brought his new girlfriend. She was so very sweet. I think she'll fit right in. After #1DSon & DDIL left (they had ta git the boys ta bed) #2DSon & his DGF stayed & we all watched a movie. I thought it was a good day!
    Taday DH & I got up & got ready for church when DH got a call & had ta go ta the office. I went w/him this time. When he got the sensors all workin' again & knew that no oil would be spilled, we came home & did nothin' a'tall. Ya could say that we were all dressed up & had no place ta go. Alright that was a bit cheesy.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I watched the Olympics & Downton Abby instead of doing the photos and here is the MB I sent Dublb last month...My last MB is going out to ________ in the morning after the meeting with the Village Stitchers... Ugh...I posted the one that wasn't trimmed!!!!
    Last edited by Honchey; 02-23-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Nice to hear from you Honchey.
    I am having a really bad day here today, everything that can go wrong has gone wrong, so I will post a pic of DH's quilt then I am going to make myself a mega cup of coffee and stay away from sewing machines, computers, cameras etc etc..

It is not the setting I had in mind but it is the setting that allowed me to use up every charm square I had in animal prints so that's a win.

Karen

Oh Mirabelle, that's beautiful!!! Your DH will be so happy with this quilt!

Here's it's nice and sunny
    Name:  6 (1250 x 937).jpg
Views: 110
Size:  219.2 KB

Honchey....what a great block. I love those colors too
    Mirabelle....sorry for the frustrating day in the sewing room but happy to see the wonderful quilt for your DH. Very creative and well done.....no scraps!!!!
    Anael....what a cute picture of Mick. We lived just across the yard from my DMIL when the children were little and she would lure them into her house with cookies. Then with her cute little smile she would say that it wouldn't hurt them. I guess in the long haul it didn't since those older children eat pretty healthy now but at the time it didn't make me very happy.
    OK...I missed the news of a house for sale. Hope it goes well.
    Partly sunny and colder this morning with more daylight every day. Yes, Anael, spring is on it's way but winter is still going to have it's say. More snow predicted tonight! I'm putting borders on my SYE blocks today. I want to see how that weave finally works out. Have a good one....!

MiraB ... definitely have that jolt of java!!!! I've had days like that and so totally empathize with you. Meanwhile what a stunning guy quilt for MrMiraB!! I like the 3-D effect that has come from the animal print background overlaid with the blocks. Very effective. He will be a happy man!!! Curious as to what the backing will be? ..... I saw some neat animal prints recently that were so realistic in print and texture .... almost like a shaved minkee. Of course, when I want them, they will have disappeared! But I bet I could get them still, and ship to you!!

Anael ... what a tease you are!

GGal ... oh yes ... can't wait to see your Spikes!! I've been lurking and admiring, each time you post them.

Good morning and happy to see everyone's message this morning. Welcome back, Honchey. Missed you while you had fun...but glad to hear you were having fun these last few weeks.

Easter is not until April 20th, so old man Winter will have his say until after that date...so all garden plans will be put on hold until after that date. Yes, officially, Spring will come March 21, and we may get a big snow storm then...snow is Ok to me, as long as there is no ice...hate ice storms and the destruction of trees and power lines.

Mirabelle, another winner for DH; he should really love that quilt. It is fine if you take a rest from the sewing room; all artistic minds need a rest now and then.

No, Anael, I have not tried the chocolate recipe in the crock pot, but JanieW is trying it tonight. Looked so good. I am posting more recipes in that section of QB now...

And hoping I can get more done in the Quilt Room today, as my knee has eased a bit last night, but still wearing the brace today again to give it support. May everyone have a good week.

I'll wait on Janie's report then before making it myself. One disaster is enough
    Today I made potato soup again, Jan's recipe!

Honchey and DublB ... Lovely block, though I'm confused ... as to whom this block is from/to? Being that Honchey posted it, I'm thinking it is from DublB. Though you have said it was to DublB. Just want to be sure to add it to the right collection of blocks!

Page 349 of 542 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 348 349 350 359 399 449 ... LastLast