Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 352 of 542 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 351 352 353 362 402 452 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Good luck, Honchey, on your teeth problems! DGM always said rinse your mouth out often with salt water to make it heal faster...and when you get all that poison killed in your mouth, you will feel ten years younger! We do not worry about calories or weight here...we just pass on those great recipes and smile! Guess the Dr. thinks you can put more miles on the knee while waiting for the dental problems to be solved first.

Last fall, we had a terrible time trying to decide who should be driving....one that could not see far, or one that could not hear at all. Need to go bake Fiber One muffins for DH and return to the QR...working on Connecticut star.

QNS - you have not mentioned your hubby's dental problems recently. I hope he is all squared away!

I finally finished my CA Star and am almost done with Colorado. Gee, I wish they all could be as easy as Colorado! I ran off a bunch more of the star patterns on newsprint last night, I see a couple more, like CA, that are going to be buggers!

Anne, I'm glad the storm did not hit as bad as you expected. I don't think there is anything worse than dental problems, I've always dreaded going to the dentist! But I do go every six months for cleaning and checkup. I'm sure we could all lose a few pounds too!

OK, that table runner is exquisite! Just love it! I cannot imagine sewing those tiny pieces, I'm had enough problems with 12 pieces in each triangle of the CA star.

Mirabelle - I am in love the brown and pink in your DJ blocks. They look wonderful!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

There are so many lovely blocks and various projects to oooh and awww over since I lasted popped on here.

I get my February Mystery Block from Deranged_Damsel today. What a lovely, cheery, block. It's called Air Castles from Quilters Cache. Thanks so much D_D. I love it!!!!!

Name:  DSC04962.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  323.9 KB

Here is my complete group:

Name:  DSC04963.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  319.6 KB

My dinner tonite.. Perfect for a cold evening...Challah bread & Chicken soup with Orzo pasta.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The soup and bread looks yummy. My grandmother used to make the Challah bread. Her breads were delicious. I would watch her make the breads. She would put a mountain of flour on the porcelain table, put a hole in the middle, add the wet ingredients and then knead and bake the best bread.

Hope you will be pain free in no time.

Honchey, I copied your rotary cut directions for the FWS a LONG time ago. Without your directions, I would not have been able to make many of the blocks. I have 2 more blocks to go. I am only making 50 blocks for a lap. I have been wanting to thank you for posting those directions. Thanks a bunch.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Blog Entries
    DDamsel you finished off Janie's MB perfectly!

Honchey looks like soup hits the spot tonight--what a beautiful loaf of bread.

Thanks for the mini complements. Jeanie that runner is about 8 x 20--a nice size for a side table. Is there a thread for you guys' Stars blocks?

I cleaned a little today--scrubbing walls a bit and paint touch ups where furniture has dinged it--remember I have GK's everyday.... Notice I could use a new runner for the TV table--it's 21 x 54. Thought I'd make something about 60" long quite simple as TV and DVR cover up most of it anyway. Another thing to add to my March list.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW Is the site for our Stars, OK, that Jeanie and I spoke of in discussion here. Almost finished another one today.

Janie, that is a perfect MB for your collection from D_D. Honchey, your plate looks great, and the bread, too.

Warmer weather tomorrow, may go to K. to deliver eggs; and then shop for groceries on Wednesday in my hometown.

Take care and enjoy the sunshine.

We're still having cold weather here. Had more snow over the weekend (4-5") and got stuck in Des Moines for an extra night...went for kids archery tournament. DS (14) tied for 6th place in Middle School boys and qualified for Nationals...in Kentucky in May. Oldest DD (16) got her best score of the season; youngest DD (12) didn't shoot very well and was pretty sad about that.

I made chili and corn chowder today...taking them to my retreat this coming weekend for lunches. Of course my family had to sample each. I will stick a chicken in the crockpot in the morning. That will be added to the egg noodles I made last week for some chicken noodle soup. I am really looking forward to my retreat this time...it has been very hectic around here since December w/running MIL to appts here and there, in addition to my own appts and my children's appts/practices/etc...plus add in the long hard winter....

I don't even really care if I don't get a lot of sewing done as long as I can just relax! I have a book to take, will be getting one of the "suites" so if I want to go off by myself. We have a massage therapist coming too. I am just looking forward to this retreat more than past ones.

Lots of great projects being shown and MBs. Everyone is keeping busy as usual....sorry not very chatty, just not a lot of time to respond these days.

Carrie, I'm so glad you're going to get some "me time". You've had a tough go of it lately and your retreat is coming at a perfect time. Hope your shoulder is getting better; I know this continued cold weather doesn't help.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

The weather is great here, 16C so I went for a long ride on my bike early afternoon.
    I came home and the mail was on my doormat.
    SURPRISE Did you all conspire together? I got 3 gorgeous blocks! One from QuiltE, one from GrannyQ and one from Gladie!!! Gladie sent me an extra surprise (I Spy fabrics) and those are lovely!
    Thank you so much my friends.
    I know I've not been here very much, I kind of lost the joy and inspiration to sew and quilt. You made me happy and smile and I thank you all!!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    Wonderful Welcome gift, Anael. You are so welcome. I think we need downtime from our hobby. Unfortunately, Carrie's has been forced, but new inspirations will come when one is ready. BTW--your chicken noodle soup sounds delicious.
    Thanks for the link QNS--I now remember when you were all talking about this.

I went to bed with sweet thoughts last night as new baby made his arrival. A boy (Henry Lucian) to bring the Grand count to 10--now 5 boys and 5 girls.

Local Grands will be showing up today as no school. HS Girls BB team is playing in the State tournament today. Must get the radio tuned in for broadcast later this AM. Later....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OKSGlad ... CONGRATULATIONS on Henry's arrival. Did you get his clothes finishes? I really like the softness of your latest minis. Nicely done, as always! Simmering is good ... will minimize the panic attack when you need one or more for something specific occasions. That's what I've been doing with my flimsies. When I leave them to simmer, they have their backing and bindings all pre-cut and ready for when the quilting happens.

GGal ... Congratulations on your completions and March plans. Out of the UFOs and into the flimsy simmer!

Honchey ... how disappointing for you to now be delayed because of your teeth/jaw.

DDamsel and JanieW ... oh what a pretty block!
    JanieW ... now one more and you have a full set of MBs. Have you thought of how you will put them together?

CarrieM ... good plan ... let yourself ENJOY the retreat and not fuss so much about all those attending. Let the focus be on YOU YOU YOU!!!!!!!!

Anael ... Oh my, the mail moves fast to The Netherlands!! ... you deserve them! Now just enjoy them!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 03-04-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

OK, congrats on your new grandson!!!! Pictures please

Here are the blocks I received. They go so very well together! Yes QuiltE, from you to me it sure goes fast. From me to you takes a bit longer!
    Name:  surpriseblocks (912 x 334).jpg
Views: 57
Size:  70.4 KB

Anael ... Nice variety ... and fitting for your 16C day! (only makes the rest of us green with envy!)

The rest of the week we will have these high temperatures. Last night I thought there's over 40C difference between the two of us! I do have a spare bedroom Bring your bike

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    The rest of the week we will have these high temperatures. Last night I thought there's over 40C difference between the two of us! I do have a spare bedroom Bring your bike
    We wouldn't need the bed .... 24 hrs of chatting, quilting and biking!
    (and then would just crash on the couch for cat naps with PP!!)
    Oh isn't it fun to dream!

OK Congratulations on the arrival of your latest grandchild. How exciting!

Anael what a pretty variety of flower blocks. We are having unusual cold weather here so it was great to see your spring flowers.

QuiltE That is my complete set. I am going to make a block to fill in the missing one and then I think I will sash them around a centre block. One of my blocks is a little larger than the others and I don't want to cut it down or I will lose the points so I am going to use it as my centre and build around it. When it warms up I will go shopping for the sashing and border fabric. I have a royal blue in mind, but if the right fabric jumps at me. I'll use it.

No sewing for me again today, cleaning and grocery shopping and grandkids will fill my day.

Have a good one everybody.

QuiltE, it sure is You won't get much sleep with PP on the couch

Last Saturday we celebrated Mick's birthday. He turned 3 on Feb 25th but was sick that day.

That does look like a super 'Birthday', Anael. Love the blocks you received. Perhaps the postman will be leaving more parcels on your doorstep very soon....I know mine is on the way, wherever it is between our countries right now.

OK for some reason I pictured 12 grands for you...but guess I am wrong one more time...love your stories about each one, and happy so many are close enough to spend time with on a daily basis. There is not such a thing as too much Grandma love time...they grow up all too soon. Congrats on the latest boy baby!

Carrie, have an extra good time on your retreat this coming weekend. Weather is warming up and hitting 45 or 50 degrees this weekend, with lots of sunshine!

Snow is melting off here, and sunshine is very bright and welcoming to all going about. Bad knee is limiting my mobility and sewing today, I had to put the knee brace on and took and Arthritis Pain Relief pill. Hope for a better day tomorrow.

Wow lots to catch up on this morning..
    GGal congrats on achieving your February goals and looks like you are motoring along with March goals.

Honchey now good news about your teeth and knee, I do hope it can be all fixed for you shortly. That chicken soup looked delicious and I could almost smell the bread, it looked so good. New Jersey made our news this morning with a house fire, Hope it was not near you.

JanieW another beautiful MB to add to your group

Carriem I hope you enjoy your retreat and are able to recharge your batteries. A big congratulations on your children's achievements.

Oksewglad, how wonderful to have another grandchild to love and cherish.

JanRN hope you are feeling a little better and can get out and enjoy some farting..

QNS hope your knee is feeling better after the medication takes effect.

Anael definitely no conspiracies here what beautiful blocks to brighten your day. A big thank you for being our Quilt Inspector, you did an awesome job and we appreciated your input from the sidelines... More birthday pics of Mick, very special indeed.

I finished binding a charity quilt last night so can start basting DH's quilt today and get a start on it. Have a great day everyone
    Karen

TOOTHY BABIES!!!!

All is well and good here... running about the countryside like a crazy person again! there is just too much to do when the weather is good! AND no excuse to stay in my dark dungeon of a house

Seasonal Depression is the PITS!!! even taking all my B, and D vits..... February is the WORST, good riddance untill next year anyways.

LOVE the new MBs I have a feeling Anael will find a few more surprises coming up....

OH GOODNESS Booster club.... I finished my Lattice Quilt top and pieced the backing then stuffed it into the "To Quilt" Bin, OOPS finished and backing pieced ended up in the bin as well.... AND My super sized Feathered star, octagon top finished at 70 inchs, pieced backing into the bin. Me and DD sewed Mystery train #6 and ended up with TWO toppers. DS decided that he wants to quilt... preliminary teaching him to use sewing machine has resulted in plenty of talk of "when you going to teach me to drive?" which is silly for a 8yr old to ask me anyways... so for now he only gets to drive the sewing machine. he designed his own quilt in Quilt Wizard software, and is piecing away, he wants to tie it himself, ALL BY HIMSELF! OH and I started a Grape Basket Quilt

March commitments are..... Mail a package, and sew ONE DJ block... THATS IT! I plan on being to busy running about in my sundress

Have a GOOD one ladies!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

More goodies arrived today! The postman came with 2 parcels One from Janie and one from Mirabelle. Oh wow what a surprise.
    Name:  Surpriseblocks1 (875 x 456).jpg
Views: 63
Size:  80.7 KB
    A pile of scraps for the I Spy quilts from Janie. Those scraps are beautiful! Mirabelle also sent I Spy fabrics, I love them ! ! ! All those beautiful fabrics will make a gorgeous I Spy quilt - or quilts
    Thank you all so very much, I still am speechless!

Have a look at all the I Spy fabrics I received!
    Name:  ISpyFabrics (871 x 586).jpg
Views: 69
Size:  141.5 KB

Blog Entries
    What a fun set of blocks, Anael. Sounds like somebodies are giving you some "inspiration"!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Hurrah for the Sew Grands Grandmothers on this board!!! And Something tells me there are more parcels on the way, Anael, so watch the post so you don't miss any..... You will have lots of choices and inspirations for I SPY by the time they all wing they way there...guess mine is on a slow boat, but as long as it gets there, that's good.

Beautiful blocks, too., Anael.

DH drove me to C. today, and I did the shopping there. Tomorrow we deliver eggs down at K....I may drive and let him shop tomorrow...right knee is still not a happy camper.

Page 352 of 542 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 351 352 353 362 402 452 ... LastLast