Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 302 of 542 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 301 302 303 312 352 402 ... LastLast
Results 7,526 to 7,550 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Jeanie, sounds like you had a great time. I love the blocks Dublb made--you are going to have a beautiful quilt.

OK, love the Tree quilt--I'm sure they'll appreciate the gift.

It's brrr cold here but sunny. Another round of snow tonight and again on the week-end. I'm tired of winter already (and it doesn't officially begin until Dec. 21). Have a great day today and do something you love.
    Last edited by janRN; 12-11-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

GrannyQ, you made Carrie a wonderful block that I had not noticed in quilterscache. And the music blocks are perfect, too. Isn't it fun to visualize, then carry out your vision?

The Surprise boxes are not all for the tummy this year. Smaller items will go further. GrannyQ, Carrie, OKsewGlad, Mirabelle, JanRN, JeanieG, Dublb, Honckey, QuiltE, JanieW and GardenGal.... oh, dear, I am missing two names. Sorry, please update my senior moment anyone.

Have a good day everyone.

How can I forget Anael and D_D? Yes, smaller packets will go abroad, but it will happen...outside the USA...'cause good will and cheer extends beyond the USA borders in this PC ride.

JeanieG you have a lovely twin set of blocks and they look wonderful... and you showed us all the blocks. wonderful. Not everyone has done that this time.

Hi everyone,

we we have had the most bizarre week. The weather has been brutal, tons of snow, 100km winds which turned the snow drifts to cement. My dil had minor complications with her surgery so she is recovering more slowly than we had hoped. A few days ago we had -50 C temps. Today a Chinook is blowing in at about 80 km and the temps will be above zero. We will need to get the hip waders out.

We are surviving. Both the girls had strep throat, my sons car would not go in the cold even tho he had plugged it in. Oh the joys of winter. We haven't even thought about Christmas.

I am am getting a bit of hand sewing done so I haven't gone into withdrawal.

Hope this find everybody doing well

WOW QNS, I'm speechless! I know how expensive it is sending packages abroad from the US. Thanks so very much

Janie, - 50C. I can't even begin to imagine how cold that is! Brutal indeed I'm glad it's not freezing here right now and if, only a few degrees below zero. It has been worse and it will get colder but I'm happy with what it is now.
    Back to quilting, I found a design on youtube I like.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Does anyone know where QuiltE is? I didn't hear from her in a few days.

I know she's been decorating for Christmas. I sent her a couple of DearJane patterns to try--maybe she's hiding out in her sewing room trying them out. She's brave--going to do the 4" blocks; me, I'm doing 5 1/2".

Ggal, good to hear from you. Please keep the snow & ice from moving this way. Looks like we're in for another messy week-end altho it sounds mild after reading Janie's post.

I know she did the first DJ block, I've seen it. It's lovely. I'm doing the 4" also, sometimes they drive me crazy but most of the time I like doing them.

Blog Entries
    I said shivering about dublb--Janie I'm soooo cold that I can't move thinking about you. Prayers for your DIL for a speedier recovery. Some Christmas's are like yours--makes us remember the Season a little more clearly. Wind is picking up here and blowing the light snow we have around--means I'm somewhere between Texas and BC!

FYI--QE has been lurking--she was onBoard this morning.

For fabric bleeding--look to find Zout liquid in the laundry aisle. Apply it to the offending (bleeding) seams. Wash and dry. The Zout also prevents from further bleeding. Had a red and white quilt that bled after I had washed red fabric 2x. It was a Hoffman fabric too.

I use my crockpot when cooking for a crowd and not enough oven space.

Today's project--clean kitchen--remove old MW. It didn't die, but the door was opened it started running again. Not a safe scenario. Then make 2 super capes to send to NC. Stay cozy!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I've read a lot about the pro's and con's of using crockpots/slowcookers

Zout is a Dutch word, meaning salt I have no idea whether it's the same stuff or not, I guess not.
    My mom had a pair of red jeans, no matter how often she washed them or how old they were, they kept bleeding. Her underwear was red every time she wore those jeans. She threw them away!

Usually I have cold feet all day but last week Aldi had nice warm slippers so I bought a pair. Now my feet are warm all day I might go back and buy another pair before they're all gone.

I use only Kosher salt and have found that it does not raise the BP so much; in fact, its running 114 over 56 on an average, causing me to feel 'dizzy'...more so than usual! Dh has been great to help out, helping to keep kitchen clean and dishes washed up. I have been picking up the 'soft' items that he likes in the grocery aisles, making him soft pudding-pies in graham cracker crusts...sliced peaches by the gallon...and mac&cheese individual serving that microwaves. Got my new glasses ordered today, will pick them up next Wednesday.

Haven't found the last quilting 'item' yet; I know I packed it away in something???and its driving me crazier than usual. If I don't find it, everyone may get an Easter greeting if I have to take the room apart! It was 'free' items from Quilt in a Day, 'cause they sent the wrong items and its something we all use in the quilting room, so I thought I would pass it on around. If my weak mind can remember, or my searching turns it up. So much I can do in the quilting room, so better get off of here, and take that first step on a journey in the quilt room. So good to hear from everyone!! Blessings to all.

Those lost items must be with my 'By the Light of the Silvery Moon' quilttop as I can't find that one anywhere.

JanieW sending hugs and prayers your way for your DDIL, hoping that she recovers and enjoys the holiday season.

Maybe QuiltE is having too much fun in her sewing room

QNS hope you can find what you are looking for, my sewing room looks like a bomb has gone off in there, will be seriously cleaned after this Bargello is finished. I might even take a week off sewing

Have a great day everyone and stay warm and safe
    Karen

The problem I had, was that I 'cleaned up' and cleared the way at Thanksgiving for friends to set up their beds in there for a private bedroom. I know I packed them away, so its all my fault, and I sincerely hope I remember the 'where'. It fit in very nicely where I put it...

Well I have had a busy day, had to have my 6 monthly checkup with the Doc. Not good news, he has found a heart murmur and I have to have an echocardiogram. That will happen next Monday. I rang DH to let him know and he is now flying home that day so he can be with me, I wasn't worried until he decided that he had to come home.

And the other bad news for this week is that DD and her BF have broken up. It started unravelling more than a week ago and lets just say that he is not the Prince Charming he seemed to be, more like a wolf in sheeps clothing

I have not felt like working on the Bargello at all today but have decided to finish it, because if I put it away it will just become another ufo. I am going to spend the day with DD next Thursday and have some retail therapy, lunch out and a total girls day.

Now it is time for bed goodnight everyone
    Karen

I'm very sorry your DD and her BF broke up.
    I hope your heart murmer isn't that serious. I can imagine you got scared the minute your DH decided to come home

I found my Sylvia 1 blocks again. They were hiding in a box in a bedroom. I started sorting them but I never wrote down the number of the block. So now I have to go over and over the 140 blocks to find the right one. That will teach me

Homecare was here this morning and they don't come back. So I'm officially whole again

Mirab, sorry for your troubles. Hopefully the echo will show the murmer is benign and nothing to be overly concerned about; they are pretty common and treatment is sometimes not needed. Will keep the positive vibes coming your way. Glad DH will be with you. As for "Mr Wonderful"--ain't no such thing!! I'm sure your DD is very sad and will welcome your support. I know you'll also miss his DD. It's hard to say the "right" thing but it's good she found out his true colors now rather than later. Sad for her but know there is someone better for her out there.

Yay, Anael--discharged from Homecare. Means all is well--but please continue to take care of yourself. No relapses!!

MrJanRn was so sweet while I was at work Monday and got out all the Christmas decorations and set up the tree. Here it is Thursday and everything is still where he left it. We kind of laughed this morning and decided we better decorate--isn't quite as exciting when there are no little ones around. We have to leave the bottom 1 foot of the tree undecorated--Patches has a long tale and when he waggles it he knocks ornaments off. Glad we still have him to waggle, though.

Stay warm & do something you love today!

Anael, so glad you are 'officially' mended and healthy again.

Mirabelle, hugs and prayers coming your way and best hopes for you next Monday. I have an 'irregular' heart beat most of the time and Doc wants me to take baby aspirin every day. Have not done so. It is what it is. Sorry about your DD and BF; no one is perfect, but we always wish for the best for our children. Poor little girl who lost the chance at a good mother and grandmother. Better she finds out before they say, "I Do" when its really "I don't"...too much garbage.

And the search continues this morning. Have a good day.

Good Morning all!!! its great to get online and read I have not been on in 5 days... it is all I can to keep up with the daily things in this winter weather! we are lucky that it has finally been warm enough for the salted roads to thaw, FINALLY no ice.... well mostly.... it would be nice to get above 10 degrees.

10 yr anniversary of missing my son. DH and I spent the weekend, shopping and goofing... it was really nice to spend the time together. it looks like I have a new wedding ring coming my way, and a gas range!

Trying to be thankful for the GOOD things in my life. like NinaSues Christmas love PLEASE Dear Nina... we would LOVE a box
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

OH yes! I did receive December MB from Mirabelle! it is a STUNNER

please be patient with me... I will take a pic of Nov, and Dec MB's
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Ms. Claus has made her list and a checkin' it twice, remembering everyone who has been nice like all the PCers who have been true friends, despite the distances of reality, meeting in the virtual RV. Still searching memory and boxes in the quilt room...

And having finished November Loosey Goosey and Tiger Stripes (Siberian adult, juvenile, and cub block) for SYE, thought I would post here too...Name:  DSCN0006.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  80.3 KB they are done!! Finally!

Wow QNS, those blocks are gorgeous!

Today 1 year ago Julian passed away so Bram could live. Mixed feelings but I'm very happy Bram is with us.

Hugs to all you are missing their loved ones today, this is such a hard time of year for some.

QNS I love your SYE blocks, I haven't even looked at the December block yet.

Thank you all for your kind words, they say time heals all wounds and I hope that is so.

DDamsel I am so pleased you liked your block, I have loved every block I have made and I loved the name of this block.
    Karen

Blog Entries
    Grief is a process we must all go through but there is a time to cry and a time to rejoice. Today is DH's and my BD. This morning my BIL called with the exciting news that their DD had delivered twin baby girls-a BD gift for each of us! M & D are in shock as they were expecting only 1 little one!
    Now back to getting that tree trimmed.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oksewglad what wonderful news, you couldn't wish for a better birthday gift than the gift of life. And you got double the joy Please wish the shocked parents all the best from me.
    Karen

Page 302 of 542 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 301 302 303 312 352 402 ... LastLast