Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 292 of 542 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 291 292 293 302 342 392 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

No, QuiltE, our children will not be coming in for the holidays, but will celebrate in their own homes. It is so good to have friends in for the holiday this year...six are enough to cook for although I have fixed for 25 when the kids were in college. And their friends did not have the time to go home, so for the holidays they came with our kids to South Texas and the seashore. Those days were so nice to remember.

Sounds like a lot of friends and family will be together in your homes. You are all so blessed looking forward to Thanksgiving and all its wonderful moments. Dublb, good luck to your sister; big hug for the both of you. May you old house sell on Monday, and you can cross it off of your list for good. In all the mist of our work to create a feast, pause a moment, the treasure the memories you are creating on This Thanksgiving Day, 2013. Take pictures, tons of them.

So I am cleared to quilt, but have to put everything up and create a bedroom for the extra couple coming in for the holidays. We will all have fun together, and look forward to all the noise, movement and laughter flowing throughout the house. After they leave, we will put the quilt room back together and start the projects with anew enthusiasm.

Is everyone too busy to drop by and say "Hi"? That is a first in all our history together. Take care.

QNS-- HI!!!!!! I checked the site yesterday looking to see if I was missing something...sometimes I don't get the "new post" emails. I had a busy morning and then PT...didn't get home until around 3 and then rested/iced my shoulder. Home today so maybe sometime in the clubhouse! YAY!

Hi, everyone. I'm guessing we're all busy planning the holiday or sewing up a storm. Me? I spent about 3 hours yesterday with the DearJane software. I feel like I've over-dosed on details. I was hoping the software was like FWS or PC that you downloaded and went and got the patterns. Nope. It takes me 15 steps just to get to the blocks. Then they have you view different colors, fabrics, styles, layouts, design options, etc. I figure after another 3 hours I'll be able to just get on and find the block patterns. It's very interesting but very similar to EQ7--I didn't need all the DJ options. I did get one block pattern printed out (of course it is Block 1, row 1 !) in a 6" size. I'm going to try it out and see if I like this size. I was comfortable with it for FWS and I really don't need another large quilt. I'll let yinz know how it goes.

Have a great week-end and do something you love today.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, the DJ patterns start in the middle and goes like a trip around the world or so I have been told. Since I opted to order the kit from Quilting on the Square, will let everyone know how that goes. Yes, I have the book and disk: Dear Jane quilt design software. I was spoiled by the EQ7 software disk FWSQ that was so easy to use.

Carrie, I loved your little hand waving "HI!"

Good news that the Maytag repairman is coming on Monday to repair the refrigerator in the garage so I will have two operating refrigerators for Thursday. Dh made the Impossible Pie this morning and I made the pudding-salad that needs to set up before hand. Also grinding my cranberries, oranges, apples, cherries, celery relish together so that will get seasoned through before Thursday. Plan on baking pies on Tuesday, and the casseroles of green beans, etc., and doing the sweet potatoes then also. Will bake the bread on Wednesday afternoon. Cleaning ovens today. Stay warm and safe; be careful on your trips for Thanksgiving on Thursday.

from the other side of the big pond

I've been visiting Mick and the twins this afternoon, just came home. I had a great time! My DDIL took some pics and I hope she will send them to me.

This morning I started sewing again, nothing fancy, just some stripes which hopefully will be a lap size quilt when finished.
    You all are so busy getting ready for Thanksgiving We don't celebrate that here.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Hi everyone! Just checking in! I gathered all my Thanksgiving Recipes and made a list of what I still need to buy. I also make a cranberry/orange/pineapple/raspberry jello relish that can be made ahead and lasts a long time. I make a Stuffing Bread that is baked in my bread machine, cubed and dried for my stuffing. I'll bake that tomorrow, as it takes several days to dry. I make potato rolls and whole wheat rolls, making the dough in my bread machine. I'll make those on Wednesday along with baking my turkey. I'll carve the turkey and put in a pyrex dish with drippings from the turkey, then I'll just have to reheat it on Thanksgiving.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    A drop in here too. DS #3 and GF flew in late last night. #3 has been putting new cupboards in today--uppers are in. I think they are taking off for Vet office for an emergency Csection on a cow. Since GF is a surgical PA she's hoping to see some of the Vet ER OR! Don't expect much out of me until Sunday. Kids will be in and out, off and on until Saturday (next) afternoon.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Nice to hear from everyone. Busy, busy, busy.

QNS, perhaps we have different DearJane programs. I spent another few hours with it today and found out how to go directly to the blocks. They're listed in any order you choose. Of course, I chose to start with row 1, block 1 but can change that to alphabetical, borders, center blocks, etc. It is much easier now that I spent time on it rather than just trying to jump in. I still don't think I need all the extras, would have preferred a program of just the block patterns.

It's snowing and blustery this evening, expecting about 4" of (bleeping) snow. Stay warm & safe, everyone.

I just received a MB from JanieW, called lost and found. Photo tomorrow. Love it; my favorite colors.

Guess I am not the only one who has been busy ... and not here posting!

JanRN ... With the cold this week, and now the snow, it's reminding me that DJ time is a-coming! I'll let you scope out DJ and then you can bring me up to speed!! Sounds like a good plan to me. So if you don't want another large quilt ... how about doing it in the original DJ 4-1/2"" size? Smaller quilt!!

QNSue ...
    ITA with JanRN ... I'm not sure whom has been advising you on DJ, though DJ is not just TATW. Yes, some are done as TATW, though many DJs are NOT. Just google around a bit and you will soon see many different ways. The book clearly identifies the blocks in rows with the rows being lettered, and the placement on the row (or each column) numbered. Good for you for ordering your DJ BOM from QOTS. Will be a good way to pace yourself on the monthly basis with those 4-1/2" blocks.

Yes please ... do show us your new MB ......

Anael .... oh this is SUCH GREAT NEWS! ... you being out and about and also sewing! Yeaaaaaaaa!!!!!

OKSGlad ... atta girl for putting DS to work when he got back. Perhaps DSGF will get to assist with the surgery! You are turning her into quite the farm girl! Will you have the whole brood home for Thanksgiving? Oh happy days! Good thing you got over your jury duty, before Thanksgiving!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

There's so much to read & comment on...We arrived home late this afternoon and the first thing I did was to go to the store for some "stuff'... the "kids" will be here tomorrow for "Dunch" and they're under the weathwr with sniffles so Gma will be making some chichen soup first thing tomorrow moring. I took my time packing Wednesday & Thursday...we left NC Friday at noon after doing some last minute things in the house..We stopped at a Best Western for the night aound 5pm..just took it easy for the rest of the night. read a book during the traveling and finished it at 11pm.. It was a restless night for me so I slept most of the trip home today..

I'll be picking up my turkey tomorrow...being I'm the one that does it all, I'll be prepping as much as I can Monday & Tuesday. ..Get the dining room put together on Wednesday.. Thursday the bird goes in the oven around 9 am and we go out for Breakfast after that..then it's relax till it's time to get it all on the table...after that I'm done..no kitchen duty for me for the rest of the day...maybe some sewing????

Everyone is busy, busy, busy..

Anael, good to hear your up & about..Ditto for you QNS with the 20/20 vision...I will be trying your recipe for the impossible pie for my next Clubhouse Bingo night..
    My MB will be in the mail on Monday..I almost forgot it in NC...

I brought home a myriad of plants that were "left" to me by my neighbor that moved...2 Orchid, 2 Amaryalis?, 3 Christmas Cactus and 1 Pointsettia...they will "winter over" upstairs where the sun is nice & bright and not overly warm...I"ll have to look up on how to care for these plants online...there was some single long leaves that turned into mush before I got them & don't know what to do with the Amaryalis...

Dublb, I hope the closing on your house goes thru for you on schedule...
    Carriem, Hang in there girl...it will get better..
    Jan, Good to hear you're playing with DJ and not the snow!!!

It's been a looong couple of days and it's tiome to go to sleep...busy days for me ahead...Take care,all of you ..wll check in tomorrow...nite all....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Honchey; 11-23-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Good Morning Everyone!!

Honchey ... Look at all your lovely plants to remember your neighbour! I planted an Amaryllis on Nov. 1st and it seems to be coming along well ... I'm hoping for a Christmas bloom. We get them here in the fall in a box, complete with bulb soil and flower pot, ready to plant. The last few yrs I have been planting one on the 1st of each month, to space out the enjoyment. Some keep them over, but I've never had luck. Let's hope all your "work" this week does not undo all your recovery while in NC. And too, let's hope the chicken soup helps the kids get better and be really able to enjoy the feast on Thursday!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 11-24-2013 at 06:27 AM.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Boy do I have a lot of camera work to do! I got my MB from DD yesterday....and to me she is Dear Damsel..and I love it. I also have two quilts and my SYE blocks to photo and post. Can you tell I don't take to the interruption well? My sewing room has been humming. I have only one block of my Ocean Waves to do and it will be ready to sew the rows together and for the border. It's such a fun pattern to look at by the way it seems to change by how you look at it but I don't plan to do another one!
    QNS...I'm so glad your surgery was successful. What a relief for your.
    JanRN...too bad you can't just plug the DJ software into the S16 and put it all on automatic! I might use DJ for some piecing peace of mind but if I do, I think I will do it in two colors. I loved the red and white one I shared with you guys the other day.
    Honchey...I'm glad you didn't forget the MB. I've got to get mine in the mail.
    Anael...I bet the grands were happy to see you at their house too! Nice to hear that the sewing machine is again your friend.
    so many preparations for Thanksgiving. What is your favorite memory about Thanksgiving from your youth? Mine...we had these little pilgrim and turkey candles that I got to take out of the box and put around the centerpiece Mom would let me help make. It was all fresh fruit and would include bananas and seedless grapes...which was a twice a year treat...along with apples from my Grandfather's orchard. Of course the candles were never lit and got pretty banged up but they meant Thanksgiving for me. I think the important memory is working with Mom to make our ordinary farm house table look beautiful for the family.

Ladies, Good Morning. We all turned our clocks back an hour in the USA, now its time for us to turn the scales back 10 pounds this week!!

Honchey, I am happy you made the trip back and settling in to prepare for Thanksgiving Day.

JanRN my copy of dj is from Electric Quilt Comp. www.electricquilt.com

Carrie, I wish continued improvement for you. Thinking of GrannyQ and her family this week, with continued prayers for her. Where o where is Mirabelle or her daughter???? Anasel, thank you for letting us know you had a good weekend day with grandchildren...that sounds like it was an enjoyable trip for all. Take care everyone.

It seems I get to follow myself here, with the photos I promised today of the MB from Janie:Name:  DSCN0002.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  115.5 KBCalled......"Lost and Found" which is very apt for what I have been doing in my sewing room. I think its wonderful.
    It joins my family of MBs...Name:  DSCN0003.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  120.5 KBI feel lucky to have names on half of them...from the sender...the others I am trying to remember and print names on them. Beautiful blocks, everyone of them!!

Janie great block for QNS!

QNS--sorry I didn't sign my block...it is the 3rd one in the top row (in your picture) if that helps.

WOW what a crazy weekend! The winter storm that came through on Fri AM wasn't supposed ta git ta Brady till Sat evenin', but it went south quicker than predicted. Our problem? We hadn't winterized the place. DH's office closed 'cause o' the roads so he called me at 1:30 & said ta git packed. The roads were fine on the way there. DD & her family got there on Sat & followed us back taday. Most o' the roads were fine taday. The last 20 miles were covered in snow & had rutts where autos had driven & those were thawed out. We only hit 2 small places that were a bit slick. We did drive slow just in case. We got here an hour & a half ago.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb, I hope your travels are uneventful...It is really cold 24* and the wind is howling...take care driving back home..

I slept late this a.m. and didn't get out of bed until 10...started the soup and have been busy since...The kids ate , played, and left at 6 p.m.I went out & didthe newspapers and now I'm in PJ's & ready for bed..I'm tired!!!
    I did manage to cut up my veggies for the stuffing. celery, onions & parsley....peeled & cubed the white turnips (for me)... I'm ahead so far...

Qns, My block is the double butterfly in orange & black/barbed wire and I don't remember if I signed it or not...
    You & Janie share a beautiful block...Love the blue!!!

Last spring I bought several pots of daffodils and after blooming I didn't plant them in the ground...I kind of forgot about them during the summer and noticed that the pots were drowning cause I left the cellophane wrappers on them...I took the wrappers off and the pots looked like everthing inside them was rotting..they have been outside since last spring and when we came home Saturday there were shoots coming up in all three pots!!! I was amazed...I brought them in the garage....Now...Do I water them??? I don't know what to do!!! Help!

Honchey, Perhaps keep the soil damp and store in the cold garage. I believe they need freezing temperatures to bloom next spring. Good luck.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Honchey, I just read as long as temperatures are not below zero C you still can plant them in the ground.

QNS, beautiful block! They go very well together, you will have a lovely quilt

Dublb, stay warm! We didn't get the snow they predicted and I don't want it!

I finished the centre of the lap quilt, now I have to decide on borders. Have to shop my stash and see what looks good. It's a very easy pattern: Jelly Roll Jam. You can find it here: http://www.fatquartershop.com/free-q...-quilt-pattern
    I finished one of the cardigans (the purple/green one). Now I have to finish a sweater and another cardigan before starting a new one
    And no, QuiltE, no pictures

YEAH, yesterday I put a Craftsy Class in my cart but didn't proceed. Now I just got an email from Craftsy, that class is 59% off So I went ahead and purchased it. It's the Dot to Dot Quilting Class.
    But first I have to take a shower and get ready for homecare.

I went to bed so early I'm up at 5:30 this morning!!! 20 degrees outside right now...Brrrrrrr!!

Anael, I also just signed up for the class...I need all the help I can get with machine quilting...It looks very interesting..

I'm going to keep the daffys moist in the garage and on my next trip down south will take them with us.. DH & I planted 50 daffys in the front of the house 2 weeks ago...they will join them...

6:20 a.m. and it's still dark outside...

Have a good day all...H.

Honchey, I started watching this class. Angela's concept 'close enough is good enough' doesn't work for me, that's for sure. I think I will mark the straight lines and hope for the best It's interesting though to see the different designs.

I will have to run some errands, ran out of a lot I noticed! It's not cold outside, just raining a lot. Maybe I can find some bulbs to plant in my front yard, it's kind of dull and in need of colour.
    It's 12.30 am here now.

Good morning. Just a quick stop before I leave for work. Yes, it's very dark here and brrrrr only 15*. At least the wind has died down.

Anne, I'm terrible with plants--I let them die then buy new ones. Good luck with them--my dad could grow anything but apparently I didn't inherit his green thumb.

Anael, sounds like you're feeling better and I love the new avatar pic.

Have a good one, ladies--do something you love today.

Page 292 of 542 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 291 292 293 302 342 392 ... LastLast