Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 242 of 542 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 241 242 243 252 292 342 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    Oh mirabelle you are always one step ahead of us. I'm just thinking about my Sept MB and yours is off in the mail--granted yours always has a long way to travel!!
    Nice block dublb!
    Ouch! Lucky GGal it wasn't on the pedal to the metal foot!
    Carrie watch that shoulder--okay.
    Jan--good thoughts to you as you make this decision. Only you can decide which way to go; make the one that fits for you.

So I've been messing around with little things again. One quilt guild friend gives me a nice bag of scraps and kindly requests "one of your little ones"; so I make her a flimsy now and again from some of her fabrics. She made a beautiful one patch posy from the fabrics in this little shoo fly. This finishes just under 11" and will work perfectly on a 12" wire stand. Enjoy.
    Name:  015.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  75.2 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oksewglad that is so cute, you certainly know how to turn little bits into things of beauty..
    Karen

Lucky friend to receive this "little one" from you, OK!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

OKSEWGLAD=====your mini's are awesome. You certainly have a talent for making miniatures. I would be happy to give you a bag of my scraps and getting a mini in return! OR your secret on how you make them.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

OK, your flimsy is so cute...what size seams do you sew for the little mini's?

Dublb your Gretchen turned out perfect...great job! What do you do with the quail??? they are so little....

LOL Honchey, I usually eat 3 or 4 dove at a time. Ya want a bunch when ya fix 'em. I like ta eat quail also but I won't hunt 'em. The quail here are called "Blues" & they don't flush well, so ya have ta chase 'em. I don't run. I don't run a'tall. Ya can flush Bob Whites. Once they flush ya can shoot 'em. (We haven't had any Whites in a long while.) Dove huntin' is totally different. Ya sit at a tank & hope they will come in for a drink. They usually don't come close enough. When they do come in close enough & ya shoot, they zig-zag, do loop d' loops, make perfect right angle turns. (LOL We didn't practice this year so we are bad shots this year. Some o' 'em fly by all o' us & nary a feather gits ruffled, even though we all took our turns at 'em.) While ya are watchin for 'em ta come in ya have your gun on safety but ready. Ya have ta know where everyone is at all times so ya talk. Ya always shoot in the air never low. If the bird comes in low ya don't shoot at it. If a bird lands ya don't shoot at it either. If someone goes ta git a bird that they shot, ya don't shoot that way either. When ya see a bird comin' toward someone, ya holler what direction they are comin' from & name the person that might be able ta shoot it. When ya see a bird comin' your way ya have ta determine if it is a dove or not. There are birds that look like dove & others that don't look like 'em but do fly like 'em. Ya have ta be very careful. (I've never shot the wrong kind o' bird. I've only shot dove! ) When ya shoot a dove ya take your gun w/ya, & look for snakes. Sometimes ya look all over the place for one that ya shot & don't find 'em. (I lost 1 taday. ) Sometimes the bird just landed & ya thought ya had shot it. It'll just git up & fly away. When ya find a dove that ya shot, ya never just pick it up, ya look first for snakes. Once ya know that there are no snakes & ya have your dove then ya git back ta your huntin' place a quickly as ya can safely. (ie Ya don't run w/a gun. LOL) We encourage each other when we git one & groan w/each other as we miss. Ya stop when ya git your limit or at sundown, which ever comes first. This year the limit is 15. I guess they are afraid that there isn't enough brush ta feed most o' the dove & want more o' 'em harvested, so they don't starve.
    Well I see that I've rambled enough on a subject that most o' ya'll aren't interested in.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OK, another great mini!

Bev, lovely Gretchen.

GG, how's the toe?
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Bev, very interesting story, how do you cook the doves, just roast them or what??? inquiring minds need to know
    Karen

Anael...thanks for asking. I sewed yesterday morning and by afternoon it was pretty swollen so I elevated and iced. Made a great difference and reduced the swelling significantly. Still sore and purple this morning but I can navigate. It is my pedal foot but the position it's in didn't seem to bother it. Today I'm going to lunch with a couple if my quilting buddies and then to our LQS for my birthday shopping party. I get a 20% discount and they get a 10% discount. I don't plan to go too crazy since I have a couple of projects I haven't even started plus the several that I have yet to finish. I was planning to do Quilts from Els kitchen BOM at the LQS later this year but I just found her video of that on line and she does all of the teaching so I think I'll save my money. I'm really leaning towards the Ode to the 30s that you did. That looks like a yard of 3 or 4 main fabrics and then FQs would do it. What do you think?
    I see the first Spikers posted eyecandy. I'm not happy with my first block and will redo it. Values are still my weakness!!

Dublb--I like your Gretchen block. Thanks for sharing about dove hunting...sounds similar to duck hunting.

OK--Another great mini! I have that fabric, made a table runner for my Grandma for Christmas last year.

Mirabelle--You mentioned your quilts you donate (on the SYE thread), I would be interested in seeing some pictures. It is a great ministry to those women.

Ggal--glad to hear you are moving. Don't over do it today!! Happy Birthday.

GG, the fabric requirements say 3 yards for the background and a total of 3 1/2 yards for piecing and applique. I'm sure FQ's will do, even large scraps. You don't need much fabric for each block. The border takes 2 yards or 2.5 when you want mitered corners. Backing: 5 yards, binding 3/4 yard.
    I'm glad you can navigate Great birthday shopping with that discount! Pitty they don't use your age for discount I guess it will be a bit more than those 20%.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Happy Birthday, GG. I hear you are a winner in the Aim for accuracy...congrads there. Glad to hear you are moving around. Unfortunately, for broken toes, they just tape two together and let it heal. MIL had kicked a chair in a hurry to get to the restroom and was dismayed at their 'fix' with her broken toe eras ago.

Yes, 'eye' candy in the SYE this morning. lovely blocks, unique and interesting, love them all.

Dublb, glad to hear you are having fun with dove hunting. Dh did that with his father a lot and relives some occasions yet today. Also did pheasant and quail hunting, but the quail have decreased in Iowa, too, so he just relives what happened in his youth. It takes a good shot to hit a dove, lots of wasted shots trying to hit one. Have fun.

Everyone have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Bev, very interesting story, how do you cook the doves, just roast them or what??? inquiring minds need to know
    I used ta make a great pot o' Dove & Dumplin's but can't eat the dumplin's any more so don't do that. DH grill's 'em some times (wrapped in bacon). I'm thinkin' o' puttin these in the crock pot w/DH's BBQ sauce. Yummmm.
    Bev

Happy birthday GGal, hope you have a great day
    Karen

Thanks all...this is my birthday month...my birthday is the 14th and since it it my 70th year, I'm celebrating all month long. I enjoyed lunch with my QBs and then we shopped. Only yardage was 5 yards of tone on tone cream and a couple FQs. Otherwise it was blades, lighted seam ripper, pattern book, and a couple if Eleanor Burns templates. I'm exploring more ways to skin a cat.....make a block....and Eleanor's flying geese don't have wonky wings. I love it. I found it on YouTube.
    I remember from last year that there are several other September birthdays this month...QNS for sure. Who else?
    For those of you wondering...I was the maker of Dubib's MB. I'm glad she liked it.

Oh lovely birthday shopping spree gardneregal! Glad you had fun with your QB's!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Keep celebrating, Ggal--altho no dancing until that toe gets better. Sound like you had a great day. I loved the block you made for Bev.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

OH! No! GG, I'm so very sorry that I didn't acknowledge Ya like I should have. It's such a purdy block! Ya should have the credit. Huggs my friend.
    Bev

Happy birthday to all the September gals, mine is on Saturday. I will be at retreat and I have sworn DD to secrecy but she is terrible at keeping secrets I am almost organised, the packing of the car will have to wait until DD arrives home tomorrow, but first we have to see the panel beater about her car, got too close to a concrete pillar at the shopping centre and scratched all down one side of her car. Thank goodness for insurance
    Karen

Ok so I have intimated at a special little friend, she is my daughters boyfriend's little girl. She was given the Raggedy Ann quilt today and in the first pic she is inspecting it and she said "how did she do that". Then we have the major pose photo.
    She is such an adorable little girl and with things getting serious between the two of them I think she will be in our lives for a long time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Oh Mirabelle...such happy news!!!....and she is so cute too. What have you decided to do on retreat? Happy birthday in advance by the way. I've decided that age is to be worn with affirmation and grace rather than hidden from. I'm so blessed to have as many years as I have.
    JanRN...what are you thinking about the retiring question?
    Jeanie...how soon before we get pictures of the redo on your house?
    Today I plan to quilt the baby quilt. We'll see how that goes.

Happy Birthday to all the September ladies.

Mirabelle--looks like you made a great choice for the quilt and you have a very happy little girl there!

Precious pic!!! its always fun to see where the hard work goes, and the BIG SMILE
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Mirabelle, that expression is worth 1000s of words! Priceless. Adorable. Delightful young lady. Your daughter may have found her true mate...best wishes to all of them, may be became a happy family!! Enjoy your retreat! Do a special moment in the retreat, just to enjoy it for me.

Dublb, enjoy your retreat as well, its good to have fun after all the work of moving!

Honchey, enjoy your break in NC, as well.

Off to wellness check up tomorrow; then taking dh to dentist on Friday morning. Next week, if lucky, will pick up the old Bernina 1530 and bring her back home. What will be, will be. Blessed be it.

Happy Birthday September girls, GGal & QNS..... Dublb, are the "doves" you hunt the ones that "coo"& are called "mourning doves"?
    I just glanced thru the pages of the SYE thread and can't wait to get back to them & take my time...
    My right knee (good one) is acting up and I have to baby it.. Can't find a comfortable position without discomfort... I want to check out the LQS but I know the walking will really do me in....so I will sit on my a_ _ and think about what I will do later on ...
    GGal, hope your toe is getting better...

Page 242 of 542 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 241 242 243 252 292 342 ... LastLast