Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 142 of 542 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 141 142 143 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I still have to look in the manual for certain things. When I found the BSR I had to find the manual also as I had no idea where it was. Now I keep it with my quilting books so I know where to find it when I need it.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Well, another chatty day.

Anael - Such a lovely garden! I'd love to come and sit and chat with you! However, my drink of choice is ice tea (no sweetners) year round. I have been addicted to ice tea since I was a young adult! You will always find me with an ice tea at my fingertips! LOL

GG - I have one more piece to sew around my PC backing....then it is done and I can think about sandwich and quilting. I do everything myself. But you gotta remember that this is half the size of everyone else's PC Quilt. I still have the non pony pieces to get started on!

QuiltE - what a great looking sewing machine you have there! Congrats! Have fun "playing" with it.

Another "kink" in my kitchen! (Does it ever end!) We ended up with so many boxes that everything will not fit in our garage, so it will be Monday, instead of today that they move the furniture and boxes to a storage unit. They did get the carpet and padding torn up and moved out, and took off the doors and drawers from the old kitchen cabinets.

My Dermatologist called to say the two "spots" she took biopsies of were problems! One the beginning of a melanoma, very low grade (that comes off in two weeks), and another basal cell carcinoma with will be removed two weeks after that. Dang it is the pits getting old. These "skin" things keep popping up. Please everyone, if you have not already, get to your Dermatologist for a body scan, in case you have something they can spot. Very important as we get older!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie--so sorry to hear about the kitchen delays. I will be praying for you with your upcoming surgeries.

Oh wow so much agoin' on taday. I worked on ______'s mystery block. Boy am I happy w/it. There is one piece that is a bit off, but ya gotta look for it, so I'm not gonna stress over it. I sure hope that ______ likes it.
    I'm gonna have an epidural on Mon. I'm sure it'll help as much as the last time that I had it.
    I was gonna respond ta so many things but I'm so sleepy that I can't remember. Nite ya'll.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

QNS....what a nice looking toy. I'm kind of like Anael....I have to get hands in right away and figure things out as I go. My new machine isn't too different in layout but it does have a few tricks that Pam showed me at the store before I brought it home. Can't wait to see what you can do with it. I will take a picture of the house this next week. The trees are just now leafing out and will be prettier then.
    Jeanie...sorry about the spots. I'm glad that you are aware of what they can mean though and you are proactive. I've always found it hard to estimate just how much room my stuff would take up whenever I moved. It's nice that you don't have to be doing all of the heavy lifting!
    OK....without going back through all of the posts....you're moving your sewing room, right? What a nice new start that will give you.
    Dubib....hope you can get the expected relief with the epidural.
    QuiltE...how is it coming with your new machine?
    Carrie...almost free for the summer. Will your DD have a project on her new sewing machine?
    My BIG news is that I have a new DGS! My DDIL had a C section on Thursday. It was her third birth but this time she had placenta privia hence the C section. It was 3 weeks before her due date and the baby weighted 6 lbs 4.2 oz. she is a very petite woman so it's just as well it was early. They gain so much weight the last month! My DS called me in my cell phone while I was outside and left me a message but I get so few calls on it I never check it so didn't find out until yesterday afternoon. Everyone is doing well. Probably be home tomorrow. I did get another MB done yesterday and have the BBs up on the wall. I know what I want to do but not quite sure how to accomplish it.

GG, congrats on your new DGS Good to hear all is well with your DGS and I hope your DDIL will be well very soon too!

Jeanie, sorry to hear about your spots. I hope the procedure will go well.
    We don't have those body scans here. They only do that when you've already had problems.

I am figuring out the new machine and starting my dh on it today (Pray for me!) 'cause I will still piece quilt on my 1530 Bernina...and do small quilting projects on the new machine and he is pretty good with free hand quilting designs. And he is good at sewing, and he needs a good machine for his kilts. Want to do some free hand work today myself on it.

Had to make a run to town for a few things this morning; have some cooking to do first. Have the four Iowa stars made and the center of the triangle star done. Ready for next MB name and going to finish the BBs.

Wow QNS, you have so much energy! Can you send some over?

Jeanie, you're welcome to sit in my garden and have ice tea! Today was a great day and I've spent most of the day outside, reading and looking at all that's growing. My strawberries are starting to bloom, not that I will have lots, the birds spot them and they're gone!

Tomorrow is Bram and Isa time again! I can't wait to see them again

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    GG, congrats on your new DGS Good to hear all is well with your DGS and I hope your DDIL will be well very soon too!

Jeanie, sorry to hear about your spots. I hope the procedure will go well.
    We don't have those body scans here. They only do that when you've already had problems.
    I don't mean the body scans that are by machine, I just meant that my Dr. looked me over visually real well and found the spots she biopsied.

Give Isa and Bram special little kisses on their sweet heads from all of us. I hope Bram is getting over his cold!
    Last edited by JeanieG; 05-04-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Here is the pieced back that I designed (not very creative) for my PC Quilt. I guess it turned out ok, and I was able to use some more of the pony fabric I collected.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeanie, this is so neat and creative....cool too! great way to use up the extra fabric!!!!

JeanieG, I think you were creative with the PC backing. And all the stress of having spots removed and going through a kitchen remodeling and living in the RV would make me look for the silver lining in the clouds...where o where??? to find it! You still sound like you are OK with everything and that is wonderful. If we were all in the virtual RV, we all would give you a BIG {[(HUG)]}.

Dh finds himself in love with the new Bernina after I told him this morning that he could sew on it...and learn how to do the freehand quilting...so he can do small jobs for me...place mats and table runners. After 2:30 pm, we did find the time to work together on the new machine and he really is learning to appreciate all the possibilities with it. Happy husband, happy wife.

So happy that the weather is now warming up; ducks and chicks go back out of the garage tomorrow! They have all learned how to go to their second story via their stairs.

Anael, do give those SewGrands extra kisses and hugs tomorrow from all of us on PC.

Blog Entries
    Jeanie-love your back and yes a great way to use those PC fabrics up. Sorry to hear about the skin verdict-hope followups go well.
    Yes GGal--I'm moving my sewing space from my "sewing room" (7 1/2 x 13) to the family room area 13 x 14. It is much more open and can walk around my cutting area. I decided to do this when my machine was down. But I'm sorting as I go through. I used to sort scraps by size-well from 2" down are still by size but bigger pieces are now by color. I already know I will like this. I am almost done cutting pieces from small scraps for this quilt--8" blocks with a 3 inch border--11 x 13 block set. Inspired by BBrackman's Under Lincoln's Stars. All from my scraps! Name:  Under Lincoln's Stars  inspired by BBrackmans.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  79.2 KB
    Needed a break from cutting so took a walk. Snow has almost all melted today. And I found these just down the road. Back to sorting.Name:  011.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  58.6 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OK - I am in love with that scrappy star quilt. What a marvelous way to use up those scraps we accumulate. I have several shoe boxes full of 1 1/2", 2" and 2 1/2" blocks just waiting to do something like that. I even have a bunch sewn into twosies (Bonnie Hunter lingo) that I made from leaders/enders. I just need to get my butt in gear and finish up all my UFO's!!!!!

Jeanie--I like your PC backing...it will be like having two quilts in one.

OK--that will be a very pretty scrap quilt. Maybe next time I get in an organizing mood I will cut my scraps into squares...or maybe strips so I have options.

Ggal, congrats on the new grandbaby. What a blessing to have a little one around. And a new sewing machine--aren't you the lucky one!!

Jeanie, I love the back of your quilt. It fits in with the Pony theme and adds lots of interest. Glad you're getting your "spots" taken care of and thank you for reminding us how important skin checks are. My first job was as a life-guard for 3 yrs when I was in high school. In those days we didn't use sun block. Heck, we used iodine mixed with baby oil so we'd get a dark tan. So now we're paying for those mistakes; must stay vigilant.

OK, neat pattern to use up your scraps. Have you seen the Oh My Gosh pattern? I have a copy and thought of you when I saw it. I think you & I are anal enough to tackle it LOL.

QE, did you get your computer problem solved? QNS is enjoying her new machine; how about you?

Anne, did you spend all your bingo money on FARTs yet?

Hope everyone is well. We're enjoying some beautiful spring weather.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I'm so excited! I can't talk about it yet, & I'm so afraid that it won't happen! Can't tell.....can't tell....can't tell..... but I wanna tell!!!!!
    Bev

Dublb, you can tell us, we do not carry tails (tales) or tell. Hope you are feeling better.

OhsewGlad, a bigger sewing room is what we all dream of...regardless of how big it is now. And that quilt you designed is lovely as usual.

Think we had ought to send a posse out to look up QuiltE? Did she slip out to Hawaii??

Good Saturday Evening ... settling in with an evening tea, to catch up with all of you on the last couple of days of chatter.

It's been a beautiful couple of days here ... warm with that fresh spring breeze. When I was away today I saw some magnolia trees in bloom. So beautiful!! The spring bulbs are popping in the sheltered areas. My daffodils are blooming here at home. Trees starting to come to life ... slowly! Looks like Mother Nature is finally being kind to us.

I saw this quote today, and it made me think of all of you, my PC Friends!!!
    "A good friend is a connection to life --
    a tie to the past, a road to the future,
    the key to sanity in a totally insane world."
    ~~Lois Wyse~~

Now to start reading ...and chatting with you!

CarrieM ... what an easy way way to make a fruit crisp! Though mixing blueberry and cherry would be delicious IMHO!

Anael ... if you want to speed up the reproduction for that bush, just flatten a branch down to the ground and cover with soil and keep moist. It'll grow roots soon enough. Looks like you've got enough food made that you can sew to your ♥'s content, knowing good food is waiting to be reheated. Good Plan!!! Here;s to a fun day with the SewGrands tomorrow.

QNSue ... so glad to see you are getting comfortable with your new machine ... and your new chair too! Nice that you are sharing it with your DH, though I fear you may be losing it to him, once he gets using it. Why aren't you going to use it for piecing as well as quilting?

OKSGlad ... while I am sure you enjoyed your snEw days, I hope for your sake that the meltdown finishes up tomorrow, and all can get back to seasonal norm!! How's the move to your new sewing room going? Great new quilt design ... will be a lot of stitching, and quite a showy finale. How's MrOKSGlad's back doing? Farmers are flying on the land now with weather looking cooperative til at least next weekend.

JeanieG ... Some virtual {{{{HUGS}}}} for you. Only wish they were IRL! So sorry about your Dr's report and the need to have those spots removed. Too bad they wouldn't do the two of them at the same time. And another hitch with the clean out process. While i haven't been here on the board, I have been wondering about your distance from the fires? I heard your city referenced in the news reports. Hope you are not having to fear these as well. You certainly have enough to deal with right now. What a great backing for your PC quilt!! Quilt on, a good diversion for you right now!

DublB
    ... Good Luck on Monday!

GrannyGGal ... Congratulations!!! on your new DGS. Does that mean some baby things with your new machine? Is this family somewhat nearby? or a trip to meet the Little One? I've done a bit of stitching with my machine. Dropped by the dealer today to ask a couple of How To's that I could not figure out from the manual. I'm more like you and Anael ... get in the drivers seat as it makes more sense when I learn as I go.

JanRN ... Yes, all is back to normal ... Didn't mess around and just switched over to Google Chrome to get that normal. Thanks for asking and yes, I've been enjoying my machine ... though I will say I haven;t had too much time with it. Also been spending time getting all re-settled. And then there's been all the good weather that's been calling me outside to enjoy! I guess you'd say that's ...... Good News and Bad News!

DublB ... you might as well tell!

In between all ... I too have been cutting scraps for the IsaBram blocks, in a smaller 6" version. Not sure how they will be used. And then will sew them whenever I want a break from other things. Not as though I needed another project. And then keeping with that same thought, this pattern seemed to call to me ....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...k-t220202.html

So I've been cutting sets of 5 @ 2x2" whenever I have a fabric out. I figure if I do it this way, it'll gradually build up, rather than be a chore. And yes, aiming for no repeats in the fabrics.

Yes, silly me!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 05-04-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    .............. Think we had ought to send a posse out to look up QuiltE? Did she slip out to Hawaii??
    ha!

While you were gathering the posse, I was busily reading and typing away!

Are you and MrQNSue still speaking after your day together at the machine??
    Just thinking ... your sharing with him, is this your way to soften the blow when you fess up about the extra new machine?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    So I've been cutting sets of 5 @ 2x2" whenever I have a fabric out. I figure if I do it this way, it'll gradually build up, rather than be a chore. And yes, aiming for no repeats in the fabrics.

Yes, silly me!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG you are starting to sound like me! Yes Jan I have seen the OMGosh quilt--been tempted. While cutting for the ULStars I cut the small scraps into 3/4, 1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, and 2" pieces so am ready to go when I want to make something smaller. I have 2" and 1 1/4" 4P's in the wings for leaders and enders. BTW ULStars is now all cut out (thanks for the complements). Sorting scrap fabrics and FQ by color. I hope to clean off the cutting counter and get to cutting 2 small quilts for my niece. I have their wedding Christmas quilt to sew (their 1st anniversary is this week) and they had a baby boy on the 29th so a cow jumped over the moon quilt--maybe in the works for little Henry. Somewhere in between I will have garden work and field work!!

Oh and Congratulations, GGal, on your new little GS. Have a quilt planned yet?

dublb has a big secret. Breathe, girl, Breathe! All for tonight.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OKSGlad .... And you know what DublBs secret is?
    Not Fair!!!
    I forgot to add that the OMGosh has been calling to me since I first saw it IRL a couple of years ago.
    I keep ignoring it!!! Someday, yes!!!!!!!!

So instead of petting your fabric, folding and storing away ... you have been going chop chop for UL Stars? That's a lot of cutting done. A nice blocky pattern though, and will work up relatively quilt .... of course, all between gardening and field work!

Humpf!!!! I started this quilt several months ago when I started cutting "candy" with another group here on the board...I didn't have enough cut to make a dent in it so I just started sewing 3 of the 5 together and just clipping the other 2 to the 3 sewn...I think I have around 25-30 sets so far...this quilt was on the cover of a magazine ..I don't remember which one...it was calling to me 'cause I love scraps...Anyone want to trade some sets of 5 with the MBs? I have lots of new fabrics in my stash!!!!! and I cut really accurate 2.5" squares...I thought the quilt called for 2.5" squares...I guess you could use almost any size you want...mine are 2.5"...

Dublb...c'mon...you know you want to tell us...Wazzzzzz up???? it's nite time and we all want to know!!! Did you win the Lottery????

Ok...it would take me forever to sew those blocks for that quilt...that's a very ambitious quest!!! is that parsley with the little snow drops..it looks like parsley....

It's either Bingo tuesday evening or another Fart...I'll flip a coin and see..

I made corn bread today and it turned out to be very crumbly & dry...could I split it and then put it in a frypan with butter and maybe some syrup after it's hot???I've never done that but I hate to throw it out!!!
    It's been rather chilly here and don't mind using the oven when it is... (reason for baking)...

Honchey ... yes, I know that it was 2-1/2" squares, but of course, you know me ... just have to change something. Partly because the 2" worked with the SewGrand pieces i've been cutting. That one, I am using more than one set, it's just a matter of what I have in a scrap that I am cutting down. I'll swap 5's with you, if you want.

As for corn bread ... to me that's the way to eat it, with butter and maple syrup!
    So you can have a double serving, for me!

I think I'll be able ta let ya'll know tamarrow. No QE, OK doesn't know. She is just bein' so supportive. Just what I needed. This what I love about our li'le group. One o' us will know just what ta say at the right time,
    Bev

Page 142 of 542 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 141 142 143 152 192 242 ... LastLast