Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 192 of 542 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 191 192 193 202 242 292 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Yes I'm havin' trouble w/my mail so if ya sent it ta me it might be a while. Wait till Aug ta make another one for me & don't worry your head about it. I'll send my new address ta ya by then. I got OK's block after she had already sent & I had recieved the second one. I sure hope the mail service is better at the new house.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I'm wondering if certain addresses need to have delivery confirmation....this way the post office knows it has to get delivered in a timely manner...Do you think the crazy weather in the midwest has anything to do with deliveries???
    Jan, I would get the phone # of the Post office of the area closest to where the address is and ask them "WHAZZZZZZZZZUP with the delivery of my envelope???
    I won $7 in Bingo last nite QuiltE...thought you might want to know

QNS...I hope you get better soon...don't over exert yourself...your body needs to be rested in order to get better...

Jeanie...does the folding table hold up under pressure...does it sink in the middle??? Joann's has a craft/cutting table that has cubbies underneath....I'm still on the fence about that one....
    Going shopping for 2 folding/collapseable chairs to watch the Fireworks at Cherry Grove Beach, SC...That's only about 12 miles from where we are... Today it's bright & sunny but still sticky outside...I hope that cool front that's in the midwest gets to us soon...
    Oh Dublb...you're moving...I don't envy you the task of doing that...It will be rewarding when you get in the new house...I love the big rooms....
    There's a big July 4th Sale at one of the LQS and I promise yu QuiltE...I won't disappoint!!!!

Have a Happy 4th everyone!!!

Honchey, I find the table very sturdy. I use it at its highest setting (counter height) to cut on and have not had any problems with it sinking in the middle. That is why I recommend the Lifetime brand, it is very sturdy. Like I said, we set another brand up and it was very wobbly.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I got a MB from the address o' Delta VT. Oh it's so purdy!!!!!! I'm leavin in about 5 min's but will be able ta read when I git back who it's from. Camera is packed so I'll post picts when I git back.
    Again thank ya who ever sent me my MB.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

All is well with Dublb then, that leaves DD to collect her MB then according to Carrie's count.

Honchey, we are awaiting to see pictures of your prizes from the sale. We can 'pet' the photo of the fabrics.

Made the potato salad; peeled the onions and cucumbers and sliced them into the vinegar mix of equal parts of sugar, water and vinegar. Tomorrow will BBQ the pork ribs and chicken pieces and corn on the cob; and make the baked beans in the iron pot and put them into the BBQ as well. Left overs will be put in the virtual RV for everyone to taste.

Picked and froze a quart of cherries and a quart of black berries, and dew berries.

Honchey ... what a BIG win at BINGO! I'll be waiting to see how far you can --s-t-r-e-t-c-h-- it with your July 4th spree!

DublB ... so you think the extra fabric will give your home a better appraisal?
    Vermont? ... has someone in this group moved? gone on holidays? I don't recall a V address. Perhaps one of your other groups?

JeanieG ... glad you have finally seen some action! Hopefully things will start moving now for you ... though I suspect your trades are just as iffy at working when it is a one-job contract and not multiple repeat business deals.

Good work day, today ... I am thinking I will be taking off on Friday for the weekend to do some of the Shop Hop stops!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Being that it's less than two hours to go ..........

H
    appy Fourth of July .... to my American Friends!!!!!!

I am thinking Bev's MB came from D_D in UT...Utah (not VT)...based on the city and looking at the list Honchey sent out at the beginning of our MB exchange.

Thanks, Carrie, You may be right. Now for another cake recipe from cousin:
    A SLICE OF HEAVEN CAKE!

1 package devil's food chocolate cake or German choc. cake mix
    1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
    1 jar caramel topping
    1 8oz tub cool whip
    4-5 snickers bar (my preference) you can use Skor, heath bar, or mini Reeses
    Bake the cake according to directions in 9x13 inch pan. Cool for 5 minutes, using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes into cake, then let cake cool for a bit about an 1/2 hour til warm. Slowly pour sweetened milk over cake, letting it soak into holes, then drizzle caramel over the cake.
    Let cake cool completely (you may refrigerate it to cool faster just cover well). Top cake with cool whip, decorate with candy & drizzle with caramel!!

Not tested yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I am thinking Bev's MB came from D_D in UT...Utah (not VT)...based on the city and looking at the list Honchey sent out at the beginning of our MB exchange.
    You're ahead of me, CarrieM ... I didn't check the addresses, just saw VT and thought, that's not one of our peeps! Yes, UT!

OMG .... that's hurting my sweet tooth already, QNSue ... despite the 20 pounds gain!
    Is this going to be on the IRL 4th Menu tmro?

No, the other pie recipe will be served today. And brownies with cherry or cherry pie. Fresh cherries from our orchard. Made waffles for breakfast. Now to do the dishes, and get busy cooking. You all have a safe and wonderful 4th of July!!

Just ot the email about the supposedly big sale and it's not to my liking...the fabric must have red, white & blue in it to get 20% off...not worth the 45 minutes one way traveling time...Oh well....

It was a good thought, Honchey. Sorry it did not work out, but at least you re-checked the email before making the 45 mile trip! Now you can have another cup of coffee and relax a bit.

Mirabelle....hope the scan found nothing that shouldn't be there!
    Honchey...such self control. I went to the LQS on Monday and only bought a package of thangles. My Ocean Waves quilt was languishing because I had to cut some more triangles and it was not fun. My quilting buddy had used thangles for one of her quilts and swore by them so I thought it worth a try. Yesterday I did thangles. They are addictive and I can see it will make it possible for me to actually finish this quilt.
    QNS...such good smells coming from your house!! I did a little cooking today...I made more biscuits for lunch and topped them with fresh red raspberry/blackberries picked from the garden. Hummmm good.
    QuiiltE....enjoy your hopping. It's nice you can treat yourself to a couple of over nighters and see some of the far flung shops.
    Jeanie...at least now you can have hopes of getting your house back in order. Thanks for the recommendation on the sewing table. I'll keep that in mind but I still would like one that has the hole for the machine so the bed is flush with the table top.
    i have 6 more blocks to do for the WW quilt and then I will let it look back at me from the design wall for a couple of days to finalize the color placement and then start putting it together. I think today I'll opt for the mindless piecing for the OW. Thangles are calling to me!

HI all, it's time to go to sleep here. Are there still some left overs in the RV? I would love to have some

Here's a pic I made today. It's my green beans starting to bloom. Actually they're not only green, they're yellow and black as well but after cooking they're all green again!

Name:  maaltijd in wording 04.07.2013.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  108.4 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

mmmmmm cooked beans smothered in butter!

Anael, that green of the bean leaf and purple bloom of the bean are so pretty together, its a bit of a breath taker. Yes, oh yes, there are leftovers...since I insisted on making a 4th of July meal for the two of us.!!LOL!! Silly me.

Corn on the cob cooked in the Grill with a whole (cut-up chicken) and BBQ pork ribs, baked beans in the Dutch oven that was cooked in the grill also, slices of onions and cucumbers in a vinegar-sugar-water mixture and a home-grown cherry pie for desert. Enough to do us a whole week without me cooking again. And the dishes are all done and the kitchen is so clean, it's shinning. Potato salad was not up to the norm, so it got dumped into the chicken feed bucket for them later today. I am going to get more practice on the grill after next week, doing chicken and beef. I do love to cook, even on the grill outside. Dh ate cucumbers/onions, bit of potato salad, baked beans, a chicken leg and part of the thigh, and announced he was stuffed. He did try a bit of corn, and prounced it as outstanding as was the rest of his meal.

I look in the quilting room mess and shake my head in despair. Have not solved anything there in that space; still thinking what I could do with it. Therefore, no sewing is being done. Oh, well, there is still time to sort it out. Joined the local swap shop on face book (Kirksville & Unionville) in hopes of selling eggs, and dh sewing machines: his Singer, Elna, and Lily and cabinet that Elna fits into. Not yet. Waiting for him to get all parts together for each one, which means I will have to help him do that.

Ggal, try this website for free triangle papers; just like thangles: http://www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Hal...Triangles.html.
    You can print out any size triangles that you want.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

What a cool website Jan! I have Triangulations, which is a computer program that has all sizes of quarter square and half square triangles and flying geese blocks. It works the same as what you found above. I also use the newsprint for these triangles and the PPing. You can buy a ream of newsprint and it is so handy, as it is already cut to 8 1/2 x 11.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I'm home, will catch up on all the chatter tomorrow. I am so tired..

GGal I won't find out the results from the scan until Tuesday when I see the Doc, although the technician mentioned rotor cuff so maybe it's not Bursitis???? all I know is that it is very painful
    Karen

And I'll have to catch up with all the new chatter after I"m back (Monday'ish).... see you later gators!

Gee, its so quiet here, one can nap and not miss a word. Or two!! LOL!

Discovering fat quarters that cost me $1.25 way back when; still earning my pilot's license, to pile it here, and pile it there. No answers to what I keep or do what with it. One baby step at a time. Loved your table idea, Jeanie. And JanRN suggested site for the Triangles. I usually just measure and mark the fabric. But did buy some triangles like GG did to help with the two patterns I acquired lately.

Will be going up to pick up the sewing tables a week from yesterday, to complete the sewing room. Tables are adding up to more than the sewing machine total cost....almost!! Oh, well, its once in a lifetime, so I am going to enjoy them. Only its not complete yet, and considering cutting tables and going to look at the table Jeanie talked about. Liked what I saw in the picture.

Going to go for a small slice of the cherry pie before dh eats it all up. He is sure loving all the BBQ meat and corn and baked beans and thanked me for my efforts yesterday to make the 4th special for us.

You won't believe it...I've been trying to send a post all day....every time I've gotten bumped off..Now i forgot what I wanted to say...

Hello All--

I have had a good week with DH home. Some friends came for lunch on Tuesday (BBQ chicken, potato salad, baked beans, apple crisp and ice cream). Then on Thursday MIL, BIL and his wife came for brunch (Egg Bake--made in crockpot, fruit and muffins). This afternoon we went to my mom's. My three sisters and their families were there and it was a nice visit. One sister lives in NC and another in CO so only see them 1-2 times a year. Tomorrow we have a picnic to go to for my grandparent's 60th anniversary so will see more family.

I finally did some sewing this morning (it's been almost two weeks) to make my grandma some quick table runners to use this summer/fall. My shoulder is still bothering me, but getting better...as much as I want to do more quilting, I am going to wait a few more days before spending very long in the clubhouse. Chiro gave me some strengthening exercises so I've been doing those throughout the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, 60 years together is wonderful...and table runners are truly lovely. Sounds like you have a great family and a bit of catching up to do with each member.

Take care of yourself, Carrie and get better fast...that club house awaits.

First guinea of second hatch, hatched today and I found it in the nest late afternoon and rescued it; if they fall out of the nest box, the other hens will kill it. Eight other eggs to hatch yet, so will try to save as many as I can. The first two weeks of their young lives are very touche; if they walk in the dew, they get wet and will die. In two weeks the sitting guinea should hatch her brood, and will bear a close watch. Cannot crowd her too far, she is too wild. The one is sitting in an up side down cut down oatmeal box inside a larger box with a light to keep it about 95 degree temp...hope for one or two more tomorrow to put with the baby guinea. Cannot put them in with the older by three weeks, cause they are all feathered out now. So we moved the young roosters into the hen house, moved the youngest chicks into the A frame and have the 'hen pen' for the three young guineas, so the babies can have the nursery tank. It will be a circus for a couple of nights trying to convince the roosters to join the hens in the big hen house. Youngest chicks will be confined in the A frame for a couple of days before we let them out. Its not quite a three ring circus that way. LOL!!

Page 192 of 542 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 191 192 193 202 242 292 ... LastLast