Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 191 of 542 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 190 191 192 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    I sent GrannyQ a PM that we all would meet in the virtual RV for a prayer or two, and we were all sending her {[(HUGS)]}.
    I'll meeet ya'll there. Huggs GrannyQ!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

QNS would love to "pop" in to help you organise your sewing room, and what a beautiful MB you received, yes it certainly was worth waiting for...

GrannyQ I am running over to the RV for the prayer meeting, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family as you face the challenges ahead.

JeanieG I hope you could understand what I was trying to convey with the sashing, it you get stuck you know where to find me
    Karen

Red ... for Canada Day!

GrannyQ
    .... my heart goes out to you. You are dealing with so much, all at once. Please take care of you, amidst it all and my prayers are going out and up for everyone.

Anael
    ... I bet you enjoyed that special time with gbd 3-Grands! (even being puked on!!). And I bet your DDIL felt like she had a holiday, even for the few hours she had away.

GGal and QNSue ... great block!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

My sewing room is kind of limbo right now too, so I can sympathise with QNS! When I bought my new to me Brother a few weeks ago, I decided to move the Baby Lock to my sewing cabinet. Well, when hubby and I started looking at the opening in the cabinet (it was for my 1962 Singer 503 that I purchased new), there is no way we could alter that opening. So we moved the sewing cabinet to the garage, and put my 4 ft adjustable folding table I used for cutting (because it would adjust to counter height) where the cabinet use to be. Of course I had to empty the old cabinet and what could I put that stuff in? We found a Hefty 3 drawer cabinet that would fit under the lowered adjustable table and that worked real well. Now what about that cutting table that became a sewing table.....well, I just ordered another one from WalMart. I leave the cutting table at counter height in the center of the room with a large cutting mat on it. The Brother Machine is on a large wooden square Singer Sewing Table (also has an insert for a machine, but of course the Brother won't fit there either). I lower the cutting table when I am quilting and put it alongside the square table to help with the weight of the quilts. I love, love, love, that adjustable table, just cannot do without another one! I cleaned the whole sewing room (it gets so dusty, as I love open windows), except for where the old closet was. That now has a 5 drawer dresser and shelves. I debated about removing all the bins and reorganizing that area, but thought I had done enough! LOL Well, do you think I've rambled on enough?? All because QNS was talking about all her scraps in her sewing room.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie, you mean I was suppose to 'dust' the shelves I cleared??? I think I failed the 101 of cleaning out the QR!!!
    Loved your story too. Nice to know I have some company in changing of the QR.

You go RED, QuiltE, and you will hear all our cheers up North.

Cherry picking time tomorrow.

Now, ladies tell me your 4th of July menu, please? No fresh corn, tomatoes, peas & potatoes for us on the 4th for us. Just spare ribs roasted, bake beans and potato salad.

Yep, QNS, you are suppose to dust the shelves! I even put a spray on a dry mop and mopped the laminate floor. Don't do that too often, usually just dry mop or sweep up the threads!

We are stick in the muds - we don't really celebrate 4th of July. With all the fire hazard around, there are only a few places that have 4th of July shows. Fireworks are not allowed in our County!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

You can add me into the sewing room in disarray. When I got my new machine and cabinet I started doing the switchover, then got stumped by not knowing just where I wanted to put things. Plus I was frustrated that no sewing was getting done. Finally I accepted that it was not so important to do it immediately ... and better to work with it, and then settle things as I go. So every once in awhile I do a bit more, according to what I decide will work the best. Avoids doing it and then rearranging things when I work with it and say, oh that was so wrong!!

Table heights ... I have a couple of the banquet tables for cutting and sandwiching, with bed risers under. My big ironing board is a little higher, and a more comfortable height for cutting and wish the bed risers were just a wee bit higher.

Totally understandable for the fireworks cancellation, JeanieG! It varies here for Canada Day. Some have them, some don't ... partly the liability issues, funding and sometimes fireworks displays are banned when it's been too hot and dry. This year, there were lots. Neighbours over the ridge had them the last three nights ... I saw none, because of the trees between us, but sure did hear them!

QNSue ... Canada Day is over, so back to boring black! Many of the celebrations were on the TV. The big one being in Ottawa, the nation's capital!

GrannyQ, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. My thoughts are with you and your family. ((((HUGS))))
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

JeanieG pics please of your "dusted" sewing room, and QNS I am there in spirit helping you along getting things organised. Now it is time for dinner and early to bed, I have a big day tomorrow, and I get to have lunch with DD we are meeting at a coffee shop then going shopping before my scan.. then the race will be on to see who gets home first DH or me, his plane lands around 4pm so I am hoping to be out of town before that and on the highway..
    Karen

Afraid the fire works business would not exist if they were counting on our $ dollars. As a child, I was taught it was like lighting up a $ and letting it burn...and we never had very many $s...so very few $ were ever spent on them. hence, whatever the neighbors do, we just listen and watch, not spending gas money on going anywhere to see them.

QR on hold until the new tables come in; did sew on my old typewriter table and plan on using the embroidery machine at some point. Have all fabrics not in an assigned project organized by color...but dug deeper into the 'old' projects off the top shelf...trying to decide if I will ever finish them in my life time. Never, maybe, in near future. Bits and pieces got piled higher. Guess I am earning my pilot's license again; pile it here, and pile it there. Great entertainment for someone under the weather a bit or rainy days.

QNS we should start a ufo club and finish some of those long forgotten projects, I have a French Braid quilt that has been cut for about 8 years and it is all because I can't decide on my first color, have all the rest just not that one that will finish off each braid, so it has sat... Maybe next year !!!!!!!
    Karen

That is a youngster in comparing it with some of mine. I have fabric dating way back to the 60s and 70s...the cheater kind with the 'quilt block' printed on. Projects for my nephew and niece so long ago they have forgotten about them...long story there and its not getting any shorter...probably will never happen 'cause they do not associate with me. Same story on dh nephew and wife (quilt was to be a wedding gift)...who now have three or four children. Think I may finish it and donate it to charity in their name. But there is always something that catches my eye that is new and fresh and oh, look at that Fabric! yes!!

I was out most of the day yesterday...bought fabric, just a fq & 1/8 yd..I was very good.. we got stuck in a downpour of rain so bad we had to pull over & park the car...went to Sam's on the way home had some snacks...bought a few things,rolls & lemon pound cake for my strawberries...love the comination..oh, and some vanilla ice cream to go with it...driving into our community we found alot of the roads flooded and the ditches overflowing...our neighbor came over & told us that we can't use any water for awhile because of the possibility of the sewers backing up into the house...Never had this problem before as we have a septic system back home...
    today were were informed that now we have to watch out for the snakes..copperheads especially.....my one phobia is snakes...I don't even like to type the word!!!! Dh hasn't been able to play golf yet...He is like a lost soul when he gets bored...I can't help him....I'v been telling him for years to get another hobby besides golf....he doesn't listen...

Jeanie, what kind of table is adjustable that's at walmart??? do you have a model #...I wouldn't mind getting another table reasonably priced....
    GrannyQ, My heart goes out to you too...it's not easy....

QuiltE, sorry, I forgot to wish you a Happy Canada Day!!! Everyone else have a Happy July 4th!!!!

The American Legion is having Barb-B-Que Ribs on the 4th and we'll be there....nothing planned for the evening as many of the venue areas have been flooded & canceled...I guess it will be the Macy's Fireworks on TV....we'll have some wine and won't have to worry about driving afterwards.....It'll be too hot & humid for my comfort anyway...

I've changed my sewing rooms so many times when my DS was bouncing back & forth that I never reclaimed them totally...I have stuff in both of them....cut on the dining room table...pin & hand sew when watching TV in he family room...machine sew in the front of the Living room that was formally a sun room before we opened it to add to the LR....Here in NC I have a sewing room where I do most everything but I still bring stuff to where I sit when watching TV...
    Have a good day everyone...
    Last edited by Honchey; 07-02-2013 at 07:24 AM.

My fabric room is so bad I can't even git in there. It is more like a junk room. DH & #2DSon put everything in there. I have my sewin' area between the Kitchen & Den. (They are all one big room.) It's supposed ta be the dinin' area but the table is actually in the Kitchen. I want ta be in the part o' the house that DH is in. I want ta watch whatever he is watchin' while I sew. I mostly listen ta it. I don't watch TV a'tall when no one else is. At the new house I'll have the kitchen between the Sewin' Room & Den but I believe I'll still hear what is agoin' on. Dh & I are talkin' about puttin a TV in there if he wants ta be w/me. We havent' decided yet though. I'm goin' ta need sevveral bookshelves in my new sewin' room for fabric storage.
    Bev

For the 4th through the 7th we are goin' ta Brady. DD &#2DSon have the same B-day. July 7th. We are gonna celebrate the b-day's on Sat night w/a BBQ. Dh & I are actually gonna leave tamarrow. On the 4th Brady will have fireworks across the lake & we'll watch from the deck. The house might be in the way a bit but we should see most o' it from there.
    Bev

Honchey, here is a link to the table I bought. My old one is now being used for my sewing machine. I really like these tables. I looked at another brand at K-Mart but it was too wobbly. I really recommend the Lifetime Brand. Particularly this model because if the legs are not the size you need, you can add tubing onto the bottom to make it a special height.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-4...anite/20690050

Mirabelle, I will take a photo of my room for you when I get my new table for the middle. That way it will be all set up. It really is nothing spectacular, but I am happy with it.

I just wanted to check in and say "hi". I have been reading but haven't taken the time to reply much the last couple days. No sewing here for a few days. Enjoying having DH home for the week. Had company for lunch today. No big plans for the 4th other than BIL and his wife coming for brunch. Probably will drive to the top of a hill nearby to try and spot some fireworks...usually can see them from 3-4 places if it is a clear night...just the high ones though, so not the "full show".

Some more nice MBs have arrived. I think there are just 2 left to be received...unless they just haven't been posted yet? D_D and Dublb?? I might have missed them too!

Praying for you and yours GrannyQ.

QuiltE I forgot to tell you I have been visiting Canada this week, unfortunately not for real My morning tv program for news and current events, The Today Show has been broadcasting from Canada all week. Yesterday they were at Lake Louisa, what a beautiful part of the world that is and today some of them were at Whistler and some were at the Chateau Montebello. I can't wait to see where they will be tomorrow.

Happy 4th July all my US friends, I am going to get in a couple of hours sewing in before I have to leave today for my scan and lunch with DD..
    Karen

No Carrie I haven't received my MB yet. I'll leave tamarrow before I git the mail so hopefully I'll have it when I git back.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Update on DS, He had to have triple by-pass, his heart had already been damaged by at least 2 attacks sometime in the past, don't know when, they had been giving him all kinds of medicine for acid indigeston, but not the problem. He has been awake enough to know that we are with him. Don't know how long in the ICU. Thank you everyone for the prayers. Until later.
    GrannyQ

MiraB ... hope you studied well for your "test" and pass with flying colours! How soon will you know? glad you are enjoying your Canadian previews ... Lake Louise is much closer to JanieW, and even closer to the disastrous flood areas from a couple of weeks ago. I went to Montebello one time for a conference ... wonderful place! Looks like they are doing the "old hotel" circuit, so hopefully they will take you to Old Quebec City and Chateau Frontenac? Or perhaps Ottawa, our nation's capital and Chateau Laurier? And too, hopefully to Niagara Falls, then you are only about an hour from me! Or Toronto, about an hour. ENJOY your Canadian holiday!

QNSue ... good one ... pilot's license! Have never heard of that one before ... will have to remember it!!

Honchey ... *gasp* is that all you bought? Are you not well? eeeeeek on the s......!! Hope that things settle soon for the aftermath of the storms, and that you can start to really enjoy your time there. Forget? how long will you be in NC?

DublB ... if you're going to be moving, it's all going to have to be moved! Better start NOW!

JeanieG ... did you get your insurance cheque yet, so that the re-build can get started?

GrannyQ ... Thank you for letting us know that you have gotten your DS thru the surgery, now the recovery. Prayers continuing for all. Take care of yourself!

Moi? ... trying to get extra work done this week. If I can get ahead of things a little, then I might take off for a few days of holidays .... aka Shop Hop! There's a ten top hop on for July. Some are at a distance, so I tend to make it a bit of a holiday with a sleepover or two ... and some other jaunting around while I'm gone. So, you probably won't see a lot of me this week, though will let you know if I do "take off"1!!

Me thinks that OKSGlad and the Mr ... take off in Big Bird tomorrow!
    Have a great time OKs!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 07-02-2013 at 04:48 PM.

LOL QE. I do have a lotta stuff but we won't start packin' till the appraiser has passed tha house w/flyin' colors. I don't want ta start packin' & have nowhere ta go.
    Bev

QuiltE - Yes, we finally got the check last Friday, signed it and sent it off to the Mortgage Co. for them to process. The gal in charge said that we should have a check for the cabinets and the Contractor by the end of the week! She had talked to the Contractor already. Finally some progress!

On June 20 I mailed my MB and a box to Ggal. Ggal got the box but I haven't heard if my partner rec'd the MB. Should I assume it's lost in the mail? It had my return address on the outside and it hasn't been returned to me either. I'll make another MB but I have to do it this week-end because I work a lot in July to fill in for vacations. Darn--I've never had anything get lost in the mail before. Do you think I've waited long enough and should just make another block?
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

If you put a tracking number on it, it can be tracked and know where it is. Or maybe the person has been busy or unable to acknowledge it yet, DD has problems with the weather there. Or if it was going to TEXAS, it might take three weeks to get there. Don't know how to advise you.

Jeanie, that is good news that you can start on your remodeling.

House is still a mess here. Am still taking those pills. I am a walking pill most of the time.

Page 191 of 542 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 190 191 192 201 241 291 ... LastLast