Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 201 of 542 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 200 201 202 211 251 301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Congrats Anael--you made it to 5000 for us. I'll take some of that pie! Then I need to get back to work on "test" Spike your English block....

Blog Entries
    A piece of pie and a cuppa coffee--yum. What a treat to celebrate 5000. Must get back to paying bills.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Taking a break from tidying up the place & packing will be stopping by for some of the impossible pie!!!! WooHoo!!! 5000+ posts!!!! Dedication all around!!!

Wow, I'll take some of that pie and coffee too! What an accompishment - we hit 5000!!!!

Thanks for the input on the border for my quilt. I'll set it aside for a little bit before taking those borders off! UGH!!!

Carrie, the Pony Club pony fabric quilt sashing is in a blue fusion, I bet that color would work well for a border on this one too. But I kind of like the idea of green too. Hmmmm!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Well here is what I have so far of the SYE block Flowers All Around...I don't have my background fabric or finishing triangle fabric so couldn't finish. Tomorrow I will get the background at least...might wait until all the blocks are done before choosing the triangle fabric.

It went together with no problems up to this point. I hope that when I add the other green sections it doesn't look quite so gold...we'll see.

I have also included a picture of the fabrics I am using...all have some metallic gold. I am going to pick out a few more floral fabrics and more solid ones too....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anael was that padding out the numbers or what, big congrats on hitting the 5000 mark, I am in the RV with Impossible Pie, coffee and the great bunch of friends.

Another great MB has arrived, DD that is going to be one happy scrappy quilt.

JeanieG, I agree with either the blue of medium green for your final border, but am leaning towards the blue as there doesn't seem to be a lot of green in your quilt.

Safe travels Honchey

Carriem what a beautiful block and I love your fabric choices, might have to rethink mine. I love seeing how people put fabric together, everyone sees color and pattern differently.

DH is on the highway heading home so I am busy (not chatting on the computer) getting things ready, food in the pantry and freezer, cleaning the coffee machine etc etc. Tonight is the final football game in our State of Origin contest. Queensland have won the series (best of 3 games) for the past 7 years, which is a record so we are going for 8 tonight.

As for my Wild and Goosey blocks I plan to keep making them and see where it leads, only managed to get 9 little blocks made yesterday so this is definitely a long term project. I really only started it to try and use up my small scraps of fabric, and I really liked the design. I just don't seem to be able to throw out the little bits, so I am using them up..

Have a great day everyone
    Karen

I heard there was Impossible Pie for the party ............ and came running!

JeanieG ... will have to look for that marker! I see what you meaning about the border not going with the quilt. Actually I bet it would have worked fine with them, if the sashing had not been all white, such as darker cornerstones or a cream sashing. Too late now, so onwards. I also see a blue, but I have a feeling you are wanting to have a change from the horsey PC and its blue. I like the print idea you had, so I'd suggest taking it to an LQS and see what you can find that might have multiple colours to coordinate. Of course, there's always the fallback to Fusions ...... and there is one that is a blue/green mix, so it might give you the break from the blue of the other, and bring in some green which wouldn't overpower the not-so-much green in the quilt.

QNSue ... looks like you had been purging while sorting, organizing and playing hide and seek!! Good job! Great $aving$ on the mower!

Anael ... that's a big village ... mine is about 2500 people! Though not far from larger towns and cities. You know, you could always adopt the neighbour's dog! Poor Killer Kitty ... I agree, some should never have pets (or children!)

CarrieM ... great block started and such a nice assortment of fabrics. Glad you gave us a close up, as the colours show truer. Some metallic fusions too!!! NOw here's a smile for you ... I was thinking of using metallics in mine too!

MiraB ... cheers for the team!! Hope you got all your work done before your husband arrived ... and then started your own party for the game!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

JeanieG ... this looks much nicer IRL
    http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics...ETJ-12141-192/

I wonder if there's enough blue in this one, to let this one work with your reds?
    http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics...ETJ-12141-112/

I'm here ta party too! Over 5000! WOW! I'll bring my tea ta drink w/that Imposable Pie. I've got some news about my house, but I got some things ta do first. Aren't I a tease?
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I got some picts for ya'll! I've got DD' block & Janie's block!
    Name:  MB(June) from Diranged Damsel.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  MB July (from Janie).jpg
Views: 112
Size:  61.0 KB
    Here are all o' 'em tagether.

Name:  MB (first 6).jpg
Views: 113
Size:  61.0 KB
    Aren't they Purdy?
    Bev

Mmm, got home from work just in time for some pie. I hate going to work at 5pm, don't eat before I go so I snacked between exams (and I wonder why I'm overweight!!). Hope the A/C is on in the RV. It's 88* here at 9:15pm and it's supposed to be like this the rest of the week.

Jeanie, your PC quilt is beautiful. And yes, I agree with you and the others about the border. I think a narrow border and then another solid border would add so much. The blocks are busy so I think a print border would kind of be distracting. But what do I know......LOL.

Carrie, thanks for trying out the new block. Love that fabric you chose. I've been gathering, or should I say hoarding, more batiks than a LQS so plan on using them. I just need a few more (???) with small designs and I should have enough. FARTing on Thursday so hopefully I'll find just what I need.

DD love that block and it looks great with all your other MBs.

Bev, those are great blocks. Wow, your MB quilt is going to be very colorful.
    Last edited by janRN; 07-16-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

QE--we have both of those fabrics in the shop and I think the red/blue one might lean a little too purple.

Bev--those are some great blocks...they are looking good together too.
    Last edited by carriem; 07-16-2013 at 05:29 PM.

RV is cool at 75 degrees, JanRN. Good tasting Impossible Pie, Anael. I also have some Cowboy chocolate chip cookies. And Schwan's Ice Cream, chocolate or vanilla. Fixing for Ice Cream Sodas, or Malt or Shake.

Dublb, lovely blocks. They all looks great together.

Love your square, Carrie.

Well I've been through it taday! The appraisal was $15,000 less than our contract. We waited all day yesterday for word from the sellers & finally heard from 'em taday. We found out that why they didn't answer was 'cause they were in Hawaii. I spent most o' the day talkin' back & forth w/DH, my Real Estate Agent, & My new mortgage Company. The sellers finally answered & said that they would come down $10,000. After a bit o' the back & forth phone calls we agreed. So I'm gittin' the house for $10,000 less than the original contract. (We felt that the appraisal wasn't quite high enough or we wouldn't have gone over it.) So we're set ta close on the 24th.
    Bev

Everything except the cooler is in the garage ready to be put in the car...Have my feet up...Just have to make the bed with clean sheets so I don't have to do it when we return... I'm all tuckered out!!!!
    Made myself a Cosmopolitan now I'm ready for that pie!!!! It's late evening so just a small piece please...
    Oh QNS, do you have cherry syrup for a cherry & vanilla Ice cream soda?? That's my favorite...

Carrie, thanks for showing the block...I like the abbreviation "SYE" Blocks...I also got permission from Quilting on the square....She was so pleased that I asked her....I think it was the correct thing to do...

That certainly was good news Dublb.....

All the blocks are so great!!! I love all the colors....so bright and beautifully done.....
    Five stars all around....

Will unwind for another 45 minutes then it's beddy bye for me...6 a.m. rolls around real quick...

Good nite all...
    Last edited by Honchey; 07-16-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Good night, Honchey. Yes, we have any kind of syrup you want in the RV with Ice Cream soda. Have a safe journey tomorrow.

Good news, Dublb, now you can move forward.

QuiltE, now you need to show us pictures of your machine and quilting work.

I get my sewing tables tomorrow, finally!! If all works out, I can set up tomorrow evening or Thursday morning at the latest. I am excited !!

The old reliable sitting Hen flew off the duck eggs so, no little ducklings this year. She may find herself in the stew pot!

Love your blocks Dublb. They all go together beautifully!

Thanks everyone for the input on my border. I'll look around tomorrow when I go to lunch with my retiree friends. We meet once a month - such fun! I'm going to sign up for a "Hooks, Lines and Curves FMQ" Class at a quilt store in a nearby city in August. I can use all the help I can get. I'll check there for some fabric.

Carrie - great job on that block. Looks like it goes together real well, and I love the fabrics you have picked out!

Contractor's wife called today saying to expect her husband tomorrow between 8 and 9 to start work on my kitchen. What a relief to finally have something done!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hooray for Jeanie! The work begins tamarrow!
    Bev

Yeeeeeehaaawwww!!! The binding is done!!
    Kodak moment will follow, soon!

JeanieG
    ... hope you get some sleep in anticipation of the START tmro! Have fun at your GTG with your friends and then for your FART too!

CarrieM and JeanieG ... I haven't seen the red/purple one IRL ... though I have seen the green/blue and really like it.

DublB and JanieW ... a great addition to the other blocks. All play well together.

DublB ... so you close in just a week ... but you haven't sold this house yet, have you?

Honchey ... Hope the Cosmo helps you sleep well! Travel safe, tomorrow.

QNSue ... good luck in getting your tables tomorrow. You've worked hard to be ready for them.

JanRN ... I feel for you ... night work is no fun at all! At least you have a FART on Thursday to look forward to!

Honchey--safe travels tomorrow!

Bev--great news about the house...always nice to save a little money.

Jeanie--good new for you too...glad to hear work will begin in the kitchen.

QNS--bummer about the duck eggs. Have fun getting and setting up your tables.

QE--congrats on another finished project!

QE- No we won't even start ta sell our house till we are out o' it. We will pay off all 3 o' our other debts after we sell it. It'll sure be a bit tight till it's gone. We plan on pricin' it low & not do much fix up. They can fix it up like they want it. We do need ta fix the roof & git a an AC unit. We've been zone coolin' w/window units & an evaportive cooler. It kept our electric bill down. I don't think we can sell it w/o central air though.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    It is so fun to hear about QNS's new sewing space, the chatter about a new sew along, Bev's new house, 5000 posts and impossible pie around the campfire, Honchey kicking back with her Cosmo before getting ready to head north, how fun the MB's look together as more are sent out, Jeanie getting her kitchen worked on (a big yeah!!!!), hoping for a big win in Queensland, GrannyQ's family on the mend, DD taking refuge from the heat, QE getting another quilt done and keeping up all in stitches! Anael did I miss something about the "killer kitty" while I was gone?
    How much has gone on as I try to catch up!

I'm sending a couple of pics tonight. First off when I got to the bottom of the bill pile, I found a letter from Iowa 4-H Foundation inviting DH and I to the Iowa State Fair to be inducted into Iowa 4-H Hall of Fame in August! I'm dumb founded! Guess we will have another short trip this summer--a 4 hour drive from home.

I've looked through my trip pictures--mostly cows!! First off Craig met what we think could be a very distant cousin from BC, Canada; originally from Yorkshire, UK. We attended their annual Royal--a one day show, cows tethered to a chain link "fence", very little fitting or show grandstanding, but everyone showing it white coats similar to MD's lab coats. The table full of hardware is all silver trophies given to winners of individual classes and redistributed the next year to the new winners. One of the Laredo daughter's won her class. Last class of the day is called the Queen's Cup--winner based on body confirmation, milk production, as well as reproductive efficiency (does she have a calf evry year?). They are shown first with udders full of milk and then analyzed after milk out. Here they are being milked out. Also including a pic of 2 youngest GD's walking to the house. While DS#2 is on a 4 month business trip, DIL and 2 little ones are here for a couple of weeks to celebrate GS second BD.Name:  Table full of silver.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  66.6 KBName:  1st place 2 yo at Guernsey Royal Show 2013.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  85.0 KBName:  1st place 2 yo at Guernsey Royal Show 2013 rear udder.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  93.0 KBName:  Queens cup  milk out.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  79.8 KBName:  Cousins, Avery May and Livvy Maye  downsized.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  65.2 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oh great photos OK, so glad you shared with us! What an especially cute photo of the DGD's!

Great news on the house Bev, hope all is plain sailing from here. and what a beautiful set of blocks, just given me lots of ideas

Time to cook dinner and then feet up to wait for the kick off, I even have popcorn, it will taste better than my fingernails

Chat to you all tomorrow of tonight if I am super excited
    Karen

Page 201 of 542 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 200 201 202 211 251 301 ... LastLast