Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 479 of 542 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 478 479 480 489 529 ... LastLast
Results 11,951 to 11,975 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Hey Ya'll, I am back from Brady. We spent all day Sat working & unpacking stuff in Brady. Dh talked about coming back on Sun but I told him I wanted a rest day. Made him smile. We watched movies & I did a li'le bit of sewing. We came home yesterday & I kinda crashed in this chair. I did do some hand quilting on the way home. I had to remark my block as #2DSon's cat thought the part inside the hoop was a cat bed. She had rubbed my chalk marks right off! (I did do that remarking while we watched movies the day before.)

I am so sorry that ya don't feel well Anne. HUGGS!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Anne--I really hope you get to feeling LOTS BETTER real soon!!

Next week is my fall retreat. My youngest DD is going with me again. I have fabric cut for 2 different quilt tops to work on. I need to cut the fabric for the quilt DD is going to sew. I'll be helping her and a friend so hope to get at least one of my tops together.

Counting down the minutes and hours until Thursday at two pm when the BBQ starts and ends at five pm. Think I am going to BBQ tomorrow morning and put it all in a warming oven to serve out of, so I can talk to everyone who comes. Chopped all veggies up last evening, so with potatoes baked, carrots cooked, and egge boiled, I have a good start on the day.

NS, I swear, making good food is such a delight, eating it is even better. ...wish I was there lol.

QNS - Is this for your class reunion? What fun, how many were in your graduating class? We had 550 in ours, as the other high school in our home town was not built yet.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

WE had 125 in our graduating class 1960 at CHS. This is our 55th reunion. About 16 to 25 will be here to eat. I have enough protein, salads and desserts to fed fifty. Most of which will freeze up. I like variety of things, so I added ham to the menu this morning...took a break and went to Dutchman's Store with neighbor lady over at Cantrill, Iowa. Forgot the frozen peas, so she is picking that up in Unionville, Mo., and then coming back after doing her business there. Even if she forgets the peas, I just use celery in the marconi salad...and let it go. Enjoyed the break from preparations with her. Now to get serious.

Rosy, I think I pushed the right 'button' on face book that we are friends. Wish your were here, we would have a real blast together and the world might shudder a bit. LOL!

I bet that Sue is having a great time w/her class reunion.
    Anne are ya feeling any better?
    Today has been a busy one I packed some of my cup collection, & started shredding more of my life. LOL Boxes & boxes of very old financial records. At some point I will get so far behind that we will have to take 'em to be shredded. I can only shred for couple of hours before both my knees shut down & so does the shredder. LOL It stops when it gets hot.
    Bev

I'm constantly sucking on Halls drops and I get very tired doing nothing I just wish the yuks would get out of my chest so I can go for 5 minutes without coughing...sigh

I bet that Sue is having a great time w/her class reunion.
    Anne are ya feeling any better?
    Today has been a busy one I packed some of my cup collection, & started shredding more of my life. LOL Boxes & boxes of very old financial records. At some point I will get so far behind that we will have to take 'em to be shredded. I can only shred for couple of hours before both my knees shut down & so does the shredder. LOL It stops when it gets hot.

Why did this post twice & not what I typed?
    Bev

Oh Huggs Anne! I hate it when I feel bad. I wish ya didn't feel so bad.
    Bev

I don't remember what I had posted that didn't show up here. I ate supper then hit post. Grrrrr
    Bev

Blog Entries
    What a treat to get together with those young kids, QNS...Sounds like you will have a great time and I don't expect to hear from you until next week when you get all caught up on sleep...It's a good thing we communicate in written form for I bet you will be hoarse from all the yakking as well.....

Bev..I try to get old stuff out as soon as possible, but I can burn mine so don't have to shred mine--lots faster.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Bev, I don't know why I save so many papers... in the end they usually just get shredded, so why not shred them earlier, I wonder to myself. There are always mountains of papers weighing me down!
    QNS, your reunion sounds lovely. I never went to a high school reunion. I didn't have close friends in my class. We had about 850 students in my class. I did social things with my sister and the girls in her class-- but I didn't go to her high school reunions either. My best friend was a grade younger than me. I didn't keep in touch with her either...
    Anne, I hope you are better soon too. Now my husband has caught my sore throat and cough. I'm glad to be feeling better this week as I need my voice and breath for my job (phone work).
    My block from last week is late. I haven't started my 2 blocks for this week. Yesterday my new granddaughter was born and I was at the hospital-- distracted from other things because of her arrival! :-)
    Last edited by givio; 10-08-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Grandma...a great distraction I would say....

Today was grandparents day at school...MrOK and I had lunch with the 3 girls and preschooler after a special church service...then came home to see the big hole that was dug...will take pics later to share...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Gee today proved once again how wonderful my classmates are; they all male and female helped with getting the meal on and clean up, too. They converse together so friendly and in wonderful conversations with one another, I just relaxed and enjoyed their visit. I teased the HS sweethearts who came first and both gave me a hug...I said, Gee, I have waited all this time for a hug from a big football player! And they both laughed They all told me how much they loved the food and how much they enjoyed themselves....it felt like 'family' should feel together. The classmate and her dh is staying with us, helped a lot too; he made coffee for everyone at noon and brought ice from town for me.

Saturday will again find us together most of the day, and that too, will be a big event of fun. No time to quilt until next week...enough food left over to feed us all next week...from the BBQ....and share with the neighbor, too

Ok, what a special day you had with your grandchildren! Glad to know of great family occasions like that still happening today.

Have a great day every one..Special thoughts with the new grandmother Givio. Little girls are so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    What a treat to get together with those young kids, QNS...Sounds like you will have a great time and I don't expect to hear from you until next week when you get all caught up on sleep...It's a good thing we communicate in written form for I bet you will be hoarse from all the yakking as well.....

Bev..I try to get old stuff out as soon as possible, but I can burn mine so don't have to shred mine--lots faster.
    We burn ours in the fireplace as well. Takes no time at all!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

NS what a great time you are having, I love to be with people and enjoy good food and company. I have been busy so haven't had much time to quilt but will get to it soon.

I packed up my cup collection & a few other things & Dh packed more of his garage stuff. (I also got caught up on my laundry.) We will head out again tomorrow. I did do a bunch more shredding today too. Gotta a ton of it to do but won't get any more of it done till I get back.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    It'll all get done, Bev...just keep plugging away.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Good morning, ladies. I've been following along but haven't had time to post. My bathroom is finally under destruction--I mean construction. What a hassle this has been: was to originally begin in August, moved to mid September, then FINALLY started Monday. I've had my sewing room packed up and unusable sine mid-August. I am going thru sewing machine withdrawal!!! Prior to packing up everything I made & sandwiched some table runners & toppers, got binding machine stitched to some throws so I can quilt on my S-16 (it's downstairs). Well, all the supplies are blocking the area to get to my S-16 so all I've done is had sew bindings. Now all that's done so what do I do with myself???? I can't clean--dirt & dust are flying (probably wouldn't clean anyways LOL). I am so bored. I guess I could talk to MrJan; oh, wait--he's not a talker!! I went to a local quilt show with friends last week--very nice. Their theme was paper piecing so lots of Neimyer pattern and New York Beauties. At least there's baseball to watch (even tho my Pirates got knocked out early).

I have an old house with one main bathroom--that's the one being redone. We have a TINY powder room with just potty & sink on the first floor and a shower stall in the basement. The shower stall is so small I can barely wash my hair; and shaving body parts---forget it!!! At least it's getting cooler and I can wear sleeves & long pants LOL!!
    I hope all of you are well and I apologize for rambling but I've missed everyone. I'm going to attach a pic of a Steeler quilt I finished for a customer. Not a good pic-windy& too sunny. Take care all.Name:  Steeler Quilt.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  642.8 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Nothing like having great excuses not to clean, but the no sew situation would have me going bonkers....and after a while sewing just bindings would get boring...So when are you going to start making a New York Beauty, Jan? Like your Steelers quilt, too and so should your customer..

Yesterday QBuddy and I drove over the river and through the woods taking a cross country route over county roads to a small town...maybe 200 people.. having a quilt show...they were raising money for their library. A beautiful drive through the hills and valleys. Just enough quilts not to get overwhelmed with all the looking. A favorite was a small quilt made in 5x7 4" block setting and 1" savings. Both of us had a aqua brown print that was used. Looking closer I'm pretty sure they were downsized FWS blocks. Last night pulled fabrics to get a similar quilt together while it's still fresh in my mind....it's going to be our sew day project.. we came across an antique shop in the country with lots of primitives I found a cute little toy ironing board about 15" for $5. Will make a cute back drop for my minis.

Another beautiful fall day to enjoy...have a good one
    Last edited by oksewglad; 10-11-2015 at 06:17 AM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

We are going on a trip for a couple of weeks, so I will AOL! Just wanted to let you guys know!

Jan, love your quilt! Remodeling is a pain, but the results will certainly be worth it!

Jan, I just love your Steelers Quilt. I am going crazy not getting enough sewing time either.

We drove to Brady yesterday unloaded a bunches of boxes & drove back today. Gosh, that was a fast trip!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    We are going on a trip for a couple of weeks, so I will AOL! Just wanted to let you guys know!

Jan, love your quilt! Remodeling is a pain, but the results will certainly be worth it!
    Enjoy......
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

...All the moving and disruptions going on! Hope you all find some peaceful moments. :-)
    I made applesauce and canned it and glad to have that done.
    The weather was beautiful today; sat outside and enjoyed it.

Page 479 of 542 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 478 479 480 489 529 ... LastLast