Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 08-02-2014, 05:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone, I am picking up my table today and I am also working for my co-worker that isn't feeling well.. I hope the rain stops 'cause I don't want to travel with an open trunk with pieces of the table hanging out.. otherwise it will have to wait....

OK, thanks for the little houses pdf. You saved me from doing it on EQ. Anyone getting the "Snow Houses" from Quilter's Newsletter.. They are cute...
QNS, so glad that you're cool & comfy...We have window ac's and I just discovered that one of them has a dehumidifier setting on it that works as well as cooling...I now use that setting when it's raining and it feels much better than just the cooling...
I'm rethinking about the washing/rinse bit with fabric... I no longer have the toploading washer and I don't think the frontloader uses enough water to do the job... even with the extra water setting. I've noticed that Moda fabric does not bleed..the ones I have anyway... Time to go, have to get ready for work.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

You're welcome Honchey. Just had to download it. Snow houses look cute and fun--think I'll download them even if they are PP Thanks.

Have all the 9P, 21 P and 49 P blocks made for the Growing up Odd quilt done. Also sewed 2" squares for a single row of border--another alternation to the pattern....One has to make it her own, right? Later....
Old 08-02-2014, 12:46 PM

On the pre-wash or not question...I don't pre-wash. Like QNS I use the Shout Color Catchers and wash my quilts a couple times with those especially before giving them as gifts.

I've been working on my nephew's quilt. I am ready to quilt the rows (QAYG) and then will add borders. There will be a 2" black, 3" multi-colored fabric, and 6" black borders.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03696.jpg  
Old 08-02-2014, 01:34 PM

Carrie, that's really cute. I love the 'wonkiness'. Your sashing fabric is awesome--I can see lots of uses for that. Do you know the manufacturer? (I'm thinking 50 Fab Star sashing).
Old 08-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

This will make such a fun quilt, carrie
Old 08-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... that;s going to make for one fun kids quilt for your nephew. Actually perfect, whether a "kid" ... or
older!

JanRN ... agree ... that just might be a good one for the stars.

OKSGlad ... I see you are in overdrive again! Serious productivity happening with all those squares. Good for you.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... I see you are in overdrive again! Serious productivity happening with all those squares. Good for you.

Yeah and I just got in from mowing lawn--rewarding myself with an evening in the sewing room--I have another little project to do.

Light and bright greens like sage, lime, kiwi is the color for the Rainbows Scrap Challenge, must get thinking..... Can't work on my FFC project until I find my fabric choices. I put them in a "safe" place before the wedding and they haven't shown up yet

Hi ho hi ho it's off to sew I go....
Old 08-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

hahahahaha ..... playing Lost and Found, all by yourself, are you, OKSGlad?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:07 PM

Thanks I am happy with how the quilt is turning out. I will check on the selvage and let you know. Here is a close up pic of the sashing....
Attached Thumbnails dsc03693.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 05:43 AM

Very colorful quilt Carriem, I, too, like the squiggly sashing...

Well, I had help in breaking down the box that the table comes in and it all fit in my car..the biggest piece is 31.5" x 36". It will fit perfectly in DH's car for the trip down south.

It's good to hear that everyone is busy with different projects.. I am working again today..co-worker is very sick with a sinus problem..she could hardly talk on the phone... As long as I'm around I don't mind helping out...

Have a good day everyone...