Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 529 of 542 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 528 529 530 539 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,225 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Happy Anniversary, Granny Q and Mr. Granny Q. It is a milestone not many have these days. Hoping that family will will you celebrate that day. If not, you both enjoy day together. Having each other to care for means a lot to both of you.

SBG, you have me remembering ripping those apart and helping DGM to sew them up. . . into dresses for me and aprons for her. I can smile at those memories.

Blog Entries
    So good to hear from you GrannyQ...it has been a long haul for both of you. Congratulations on 60 years together...Happy Anniversary...

Emily is here to work on her quilt...we are sandwiching it today.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    QNS I am thinking what dear sweet JeanieG said the other day about you, and just listening to what all you had done that day made her tired. I agree with her. I remember my mother doing a lot of shucking corn and breaking beans when it was so hot, to get the beans ready to can, and she mostly gave everyone corn on the cob. I use to help her. You are a talented, and get things done while you can kind of sweet friend. How lucky we all are.

JeanieG you are such a sweet, kind person.

Sewbizgirl you are always so sweet too. I first met sewbizgirl in a swap.

All of you are so talented, and just good folks.

To the rest of you that aren't here as I am writing, the same goes for each of you. Talented, and just good people.

I love coming here to just chat with everyone, and share whatever we can share.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Ok I had a nap this morning and it helped. Yes, we have an orchard, and when the Lord above gives you a bumper crop you roll up your sleeves and get to work. Sadly, we cannot pict upon a ladder, so the birds have lots to eat, too.

Even the Quilt inspector was sleeping today:Name:  1-DSCN0543.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  73.2 KB And I got Peony glued to the fabric, so tomorrow I can try the Y seams...It is a challenge and a half:Name:  1-DSCN0544.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  85.5 KB It was a long afternoon.

QNS - finally got mine sewn together last night. I usually leave the paper on until later, but I picked it off today so I can try to flatten it out. It is rather bumpy looking at the moment!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Yesterday was a great one w/DGSon. Today wasn't as good. First it was hot. Second my hand is still healing & I don't want to get it it wet even w/the butterfly's under the waterproof bandage. DGS wanted to go to the pool. He kinda sulked when DH & I started assembling the double barrel composter DH got me for my B-day (a month & a half ago.) Well it is the composter from h-e-double-toothpicks! It doesn't want to go together for anything. DH is now wishing that he had built me the one that I showed him the directions for. After a while DGS started helping & got over being sulky. We did take a break after we had been working on it for a couple of hours. DGS wanted to watch "We Bought a Zoo" so we let him. DH & I worked on that stubborn composter for 2 more hours. It was hot out there. 85% humidity & 96*F! At least we were in the shade! That composter is waiting outside for us to finish it tomarrow. I do think the hard part is done!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

JuneBillie, you are a wonderful member of this group!

QNS, your kitty looks like camo against the quilt behind him/her! Glad you found some inside time today to sew.

Looking forward to your blocks, JeanieG.

dublb, hope that composter is ready to give in to your superior will tomorrow.

I guess I'll try and get some more 'catch up' blocks done this week.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

We did finish that contrary composter yesterday & DGSon spent most of the afternoon at the neighbor's house as his DGSon is in town also. I did some sewing yesterday afternoon.
    Bev

The kids are coming to visit for Father's Day this weekend... YAY, except now I have to rush to clean the house, get beds ready, etc. Today is a full day, teaching at the gym this morning and then going to the VA hospital for a follow-up with hubby this afternoon. Hope I can get it all done!

Yesterday I finished my son and dil's wedding quilt. Whew... it was a whopper. Queen sized quilt on my dsm meant lots of physical twists and turns to get it quilted. The outer border was the most fun part. I free-motioned and outline stitch on the leaves in the print. I posted this quilt as a top but will post the finished pictures as soon as I have time. So glad to be done with that one!
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html

Another day and a dollar short. (Several $$$, but cannot win the lottery without buying a ticket!)

Wished DD a Happy Birthday; she may have been the best Father's Day gift since she came home with me from the hospital back in 1971 on Father's Day. Her husband and son showered her with gifts and breakfast this morning. She is our 'sunshine' girl that always brightens up our day when she visits or calls or helps us with our computer problems.

No good deed goes unpunished. . . picking cherries brought me in contact with poison ivy and it broke on the back of my left ankle and has hit full force last night and today. I have been sleeping a long nap in the morning and in the afternoon which is very unlike me...guess my body is fighting the poison ivy. I may have to get a shot for it earlly next week since I always react to the poison. One day at a time, and this too shall pass...

Have a great Farther's Day weekend. My dh lost three pairs of safety glasses last week, so he got a Father's Day gift of two more. Maybe they will last a week!

I have had poison oak (we don't have poison ivy here) several times, but only if I got scratched by it. So sorry you have to go through this. So awful! Maybe you can "find" DH lost safety glasses!

We are bracing for real high temperatures this week, also we have a bad fire about 60 north of us above Santa Barbara. Photos are awful.

I am putting the borders on my Allietare Quilt, and I finished this weeks 30's blocks (ugh). Need to take a photo and get them posted.
    Last edited by JeanieG; 06-18-2016 at 09:59 AM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Love to hear what you all are doing...no rest for the weary....worked today...doors closed at 3:00 on Saturday...less than a minute later an elderly woman is looking at the closed sign...sucker that I am, I reopened. It's a small town....lady had come 40+ miles for border fabric...I did my good deed for the day...when you're the closest LQS you must provide service...
    Oh oh QNS.....poison ivy.....we have to watch the wild parsley here...it's 3-4' tall and flowering now...the juice reacts with sunlight so if you get some mower chopped residue on your bare legs or arms...beware...it blisters the skin and leaves horrible scars, plus the liquid from the blisters can spread into larger areas...Do you have some Benydryl? It may help temporarily..

Emily has the binding on, now to stitch it down....Will try to share a finished project. Elise has 4 headbands sewn....2 knit and 2 woven..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Hi OK, I've been busy going to PT, laying Bingo, making Majestic Mountain Blocks and completing several 30's blocks..I'm having difficulty figuring out where to place the sections of Peony.. Apparently the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing when the proof reader was supposed to be doing their job.. if the 4 outside corners were left off it would have been easier..I didn't pay too much attention when going over the directions & layout before I sewed them.. So now I'm going crazy!!!

Yep Honchey - been there, done that! It was very confusing because unless you printed the pattern "mirror image" (which the printer I used does not) it does not go together the way the instructions say.

Peony is confusing because the book tells you one way and the pp tells you a different story. Not an ideal instruction on the block at all, not thought out or presented right. There were several I did not do in FWQS and PC, so this is one set I will not be doing for this FW quilt.

Going to the Dr today to take care of the poison on my left leg. Ducks are not due until tomorrow or the next day...so that gives us a day or two more to get ready. Dh cannot remember where he put the feeders couple weeks ago. Sigh. Same old story I have heard so many times.

At least lit is cloudy today and not quite so hot and dry. Forget any garden produce from our garden this year. Long hot and dry summer here. Have a good day.

QNS, glad you are going to the dr. A shot for PI will make it go away quickly. I've tried it with and without the shot... much better WITH. Hope you enjoy your little duckies when they come!

We had our kids here this weekend... they all came home for Father's Day with their dad! All but one son-in-law... It was a great visit, but too short. It was so nice having them all home for a little while. The newlyweds loved the wedding quilt I gave them. So glad for that.

Today I have a glorious day to stay home in a clean house and sew all I want to! Plenty of leftover food from our cookout last night so that I don't need to cook today. I have been embroidering blocks for an embroidery quilt, (also uses 30's repro fabrics), so maybe I'll embroider some today too. There are 20 different blocks and I only have about 4 left to do.

What do you all think about cutting your FW blocks in half, the way she has the quilt laid out in the book? Are you going to do that? I'm starting to think about block layout for the quilt and I know I do NOT want to cut any of my blocks in half! I need another plan.

I agree SBG, no cutting blocks in half! no seam allowance there without adding something on. Honchey any suggestions?

SBG, There are several blocks in the book that are joined diagonally thru the middle..

These are ideal for that purpose,

23 Charlotte is one good ne
    35 Flora
    41 Granny is already one I left separated
    45 Jenny
    46 Jewel
    61 May is ok
    73 Mrs Taft
    89 Ruby is a definite
    90 Sarah
    98 Viola I think would be great

I'm doing like Jan - just sewing them in rows with sashing like I did the other two FWS quilts. I'll probably make it into two lap quilts, rather than one large one, again like I did with the other two quilts. I really do not need anymore large quilts. One large one a year with Bonnie Hunter is enough!

Here are the corrections to the FWS 30's quilt that I took from Laurie's website:

http://www.quiltingdaily.com/wp-cont...t_errata21.pdf

It looks like we are beyond most, if not all of them. I did print them off so I could add them to the book.

Blog Entries
    JeanieG I have been watching about those terrible fires in California. Please be safe.

QNS you do need a shot if you are not feeling better.

SBG I am glad you got to have time with your kids.

I had a good day with my dad on Father's Day. We went outside the nursing home to the gazebo. One of my sisters and her husband was there, and some nephews and 2 great grand daughters. They had a corn hole game in the grass and it was played a bit. Everyone had fun. Dad stayed busy eating while watching everyone.

Honchey it sounds like you have been busy too.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    SBG, There are several blocks in the book that are joined diagonally thru the middle..

35 Flora
    45 Jenny
    46 Jewel
    61 May is ok
    73 Mrs Taft
    89 Ruby is a definite
    90 Sarah
    Ann, you are so smart... I'm still not sure I want half blocks, but I'll think about it.

Well girls, I spent what seems like ALL afternoon on the two blocks for tomorrow. I love them both! And they went together much better than those two renegades from last week! The first of the two went together in neat straight rows. The second one did have Y seams, but they weren't too bad. If they didn't take so darn long I'd love to make more and do a quilt of just my favorite complicated ones. Maybe blown up to 12" block size?

Can't wait to see everyone's tomorrow....

Thanks< Honchey, I printed off your suggested list. Will see what happens in the end I do not know which way I will go right now.

I am so glad you young gals (SBG & JB) got to enjoy Father's Day.and your families. My Father passed away in 1960 and Granddad in 1955. Mother in 1981 and DGM in 1980. It is so important to enjoy your families while you can.

Yes, I got my shot and creme for the PI. And I felt good enough to get into QR and work on Primrose and Iowa Canoe..... I know that is not what she calls it, but that is one of the original block names of it. Falling in love with Primrose.Tomorrow, Row by Row starts across the USA and Canada. Each Quilt Store also has a 'license plate' for sell. Sewing House in Ottumwa, Iowa, is selling theirs for $5.80..(approximately). PM me if you would like to exchange License Plates...from your QS and My area QS. The Row by Row experience does not end until September 22, 2016.

JeanieG, I do hope those fires still sixty miles or more away. If you need to leave we have a spare bedroom, no charge for B&b unlimited time offer.

On Sat we took DGS to Bastrop for DD to pick up. It is our halfway point.
    Yesterday We did mow our yard & lots. Once they were done we just rested. Well we I did set up the walking sprinklers & kept an eye on them.
    Today we are back in Midland. Gosh we have sooo much to do while we are here. If we do have our DGD this weekend (in Brady) we only have 3 days to get the stuff finished up here that we plan on getting done.
    Notice that I did say "if." When DD's house flooded DGD hit her head on a ceiling fan. They had moved her loft bed so as to pull up the wet carpet in the room. It was just under the ceiling fan. DD told her to make sure that the fan was off before she went to bed. Well... she didn't. The Dr visit did confirm that she had a concussion. That was 2 weeks ago today. DGD is still having headaches. DD took her back to the Dr today. The DR has set up an appointment for a pediatric neurologist on Wed. I am not sure when the CT scan will take place.
    Bev

In fact, these are the very blocks you see split in her diagrams of the quilt layouts. I found a couple more that could be split:

59 Mary
    62 Milly

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post

35 Flora
    45 Jenny
    46 Jewel
    61 May is ok
    73 Mrs Taft
    89 Ruby is a definite
    90 Sarah

Page 529 of 542 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 528 529 530 539 ... LastLast