Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 440 of 542 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 439 440 441 450 490 540 ... LastLast
Results 10,976 to 11,000 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you all have a enjoyable day.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Happy Easter as the day draws to a close. A special day with family..kites were flown,and a walk to the Falls all in an afternoon following a good dinner fixed by many hands. Now I can rest with a happy heart.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Working on piano keys for top and bottom of the California Gold Poppy quilt...love how easy they are to make....never learned to play the piano but this is fun.

Fixed dh a meal that he loves today....fired chicken, potato and gravy with coleslaw on the side. He loves his 1970 rebuilt Troy tiller with four speeds' has big plans on where all he wants to use it. He is off to the chiropractic doctor so I will have peace and quiet for an hour or so. Time to do more sewing.

Have a great Day everyone.

Hi Everyone, I still have 5-1/2 blocks to go and I decided I need a break...The Fashion Show/lunch is tomorrow and I went & had a Pedicure & Manicure this morning...My poor tootsies were in almost a bad shape as my fingernails.They both look presentable now...
    Jan, The nail tech told me that the gel polishes etc promote better nail growth because it stays on longer and doesn't chip like the nail lacquers do..I'm glad I bought the Avon stuff when it was on sale..I have noticed a difference with it staying on longer..

I slept pretty good last nite and today I'm kinda tired so I'm taking a nap as soon as I get off this computer.
    Have a good day all..H.
    Here's photos of my mini sewing area in the walk in closet & the one pot dinner I made..the flavor was good but the pasta as a whole ended up being gluey..I think maybe par cooking it first would take the starch away...Oh and a pic of the stars I'm redoing .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hope everyone had a happy holiday. MrJanRN & DGD arrived home safely yesterday--they had an awesome trip. He got home at 4pm and was in bed sound asleep by 7pm--slept til 4:30 this morning. His body is still 12 hours off. DGD planned to have 2 friends over last night to see all the pics she took--requested her mom make pizza, mac & cheese, and have potato chips & dip--wanted "real food" LOL. Oh to be young...

I didn't get near as much accomplished as I'd hoped to while he was away. My medallion quilt is all quilted except the outside borders, finished the Pirates banner, started a Steelers wall hanging for a June wedding gift. Do I have quilters ADD????? Here's a pic of my banner and that "P" that gave me so much trouble:Name:  Pirates Banner Compressed.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  276.1 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I love your banner, JanRN. Nice quilting job.

We traded our 2004 GMC Sierra truck in today for a 2010 GMC Arcadia model. Took only about six hours to make the deal and do the paperwork. It had a lien against it and they will clear it in about ten days and give us the title. I forgot the garage door opener on the visor, so the salesman will hold it for me and I will give them the other two sets of keys for the Sierra. Yes, it is insured through our State Farm rep and has extended insurance on it for three years.

Whoops, everything I just typed flew away in cyberland! LOL

Anne - looks like a great little sewing area you made for yourself. You know us girls cannot be without our hobby areas.

Jan - I love your banner, it turned out just great (even the "P"). Your quilting is great - I love the stars.

QNS - Yikes!!! Six hours for the purchase of your new truck. I would be ready for a nap after all that! LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Finally the Pirates banner..nice job Jan

Great work space Honchey...thanks for sharing...I can smell the pasta......

A new vehicle,QNS... Our daughter and son both have a Chevy Traverse and 3rd son a Buick Enclave...all the same size as the Arcadia and all like them.#3 son said they were able to put the new chair for the baby's room in the back with seats down...Very roomy.

I need to get back to office and spend some quality time there...don't expect to hear from me until their weekend...

Hey Jeanie...what new projects are you up to...I see we both posted almost at the same time.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I just finished the last Bonnie Hunter mystery, Grand Illusion, last night. At least it is now a flimsy. I need to press it, then it will be put away to be quilted later. I'll add it to the waiting list! I'll try to get a photo of it tomorrow if the weather is okay. I really changed the layout, as I felt it was just too busy as it was presented.

I'm working on the #9 Mystery Train Ride, and have tons of other quilts to actually do the quilting on.

I cleaned the sewing room yesterday, so feel good about starting/finishing another project.

Jan, The "P" banner turned out great...just in time for the "season".

As soon as I get done with the "stars" I'll be finishing the Mysteries 8 & 9.. hope toget them done before we return home..
    have to get ready for the Fashion Show lunch..see y'all later...H.

Hello all I just caught up on several pages from the group. So nice to read all the updates!

I haven't had a lot of time on the computer lately or in my craft room...at least not quilting. We have been busy getting ready for DD's graduation party...we made her invitations (send those last week), working on cleaning up the yard, shop, etc. Deep cleaned and painted the kitchen/living room and got it put back together over the Easter weekend. Now that these things are done I *need* to get DD's graduation quilt done! That is the plan for this weekend. Her party is the end of April...she's been done with school since mid-Jan so doesn't want until the end of May.

Before my retreat I was offered a job at an insurance office in the small town where DH works (about 10mins from home...so we can carpool). It is office work...this is my third week and I am enjoying it so far. It is a very good opportunity...something I thought I would like to do when the kids were all out of school, but not something I could pass up now as it most likely wouldn't be available in 4-5yrs. I am starting at just 3 days/wk in the afternoons...during the summer I will work 5 afternoons some weeks...that is what they would eventually like me to work all the time. Youngest DD is helping MIL now and I will still take MIL to doctor's appts. when needed.

In addition to the new job the kids are shooting at the National Archery tournament in KY, so have 3 practices a week in preparation for that.

Busy times, but we are getting into a good routine so things are going well.

Blog Entries
    Oh you Mom's on the go...I wish I had your energy Carrie....And nothing like a graduation party to inspire the deep cleaning......let's see when DD graduated I got new living room carpet, DS I wallpapered the kitchen and dining room.....you get the picture...was nice to have it all fresh and clean.

So glad that the transition is going well.

Looking forward to seeing quilts from you two, Jeanie and Honchey. My mystery8 is in a UFO pile....haven't had a chance to sew since I was up north....now to the office.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Orchard trees are in bloom, daffodils. Tulips are up and budded; bleeding hearts are up and peonies, too. Need to start sprayer program, but its raining today, off and on. Wind is strong. Helped dh this morning, run the Cub Cadet as he pickup rocks in the hump on south side of the place. Fixed fried chicken, baked potatoes, and coleslaw for lunch and did up all the dishes.

I failed to notice your pictures Anne, it looks like a great space to have as a hobby center. Nice feeling to know you finished all the stars. I picked up several light beige pieces yesterday. Wildflower quilt shop had a Wild Wednesday with fat quarters $1.50 each. Since I ran out of my first choice in light beige fabric, will try out the new pieces and see what fits in with the quilt the fest.

It is really raining here right now. Other rain storms have gone on each side of us, but this one hit us directly. Take care everyone.

Blog Entries
    So envious of your signs of spring, QNS..got home from bank appt and tuned to TV weather. Hope weather down your way wasn't too severe.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I thought tornado season started in June??? Not so anymore

I have only 4 more stars to redo and then it's time to sew them all together...I'm going to think twice about volunteering again..I now realize my experience with the pping process has made me able to do this.. I had to resize them all to 8- 3/8" from various sizes in that range..most of the points were missing or not enough for a seam.

The Fashion Show Lunch was very nice..I won a door prize of some very expensive Kitchen hand soap & lotion in a metal container resembling a tin can for olden days..very pretty..I'll put it in the guest bathroom...

It's off to the sewing room to hopefully finish the last stars...later guys..H.

Rain storms are not tornado, Anne. The thunder and lighting kind that come in the spring of the year. I have slept through a tornado in College at Kirksville....whatever will, will be with them. the House Mother came back to check on me after it had passed...that's when I was too young to know better, I guess. Congrats on the door prize...sounds nice.

finishing up the Califlorinia Gold border for the bottom of the quilt...and it will be all done. On to the next UFO.

Enjoy the day.

We had nasty storms all night last night into this morning. (At least it wasn't snow LOL). Lots of tree limbs down, garbage cans who knows where, etc. Electricity kept going off & on but all is well today--just dark & gray. Not a good day to sew navy blue binding with navy blue thread--doesn't matter how many lights I have on it's difficult on these senior eyes.

Sounds like you're having fun in NC, Anne, except for redoing the stars. They look great. I hate to work with other people's blocks and I'm sure they'd hate working with mine. QNS & OK are you planting seeds yet? Folk lore says we're not supposed to plant anything before Memorial Day around here. Carrie, congrats on the new job--where do you find all the hours in your day to do all that you do? Jeanie, I'm anxious for you to see the quilting I did on my medallion quilt--more than you or I like but my friend asked why I didn't do more in the white spaces. Hmm--can't please everyone so I've got to please myself (paraphrasing Ricky Nelson there LOL).
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, dh is planting potato spuds and onion sets. Not time to plant any garden yet....last frost here is about April 19th. Next to be planted are the peas, radishes and lettuce. He does have a full grown tomato plant in his bedroom, and seedlings coming along...so he may try some outside soon. He loves to 'garden' regardless of the weather outside. May have to get him a small greenhouse someday.

Its been a busy morning...thinking of renaming my quilt room to 'used car sales lot for the day'. Sold our 2000 Chrysler this morning while I was trying to quilt...after three incoming calls, I agreed to wait three weeks for the deal to complete itself then.

DH & I are back from Brady. We took several things there in the back o' my Sequoia includin' a dryer. Just before we leave town the latch on the back broke. We go anyway, thinkin' that we can fix it when we get there. Nope. All o' DH's research reveals is that he needs ta access the latch from the inside. WHile we were able ta get everything else outta the back through the back seat doors we weren't able ta get that blasted dryer out. DH couldn't get ta the back panel w/the dryer in the back. We had planned ta haul several things ta the dump & haul a bunch limbs & sticks ta a brush pile that the fire department has set up for a trainin' burn.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Sigh I pressed the post button too soon. LOL
    Well sense we couldn't do that DH was ready ta just come back home. I had ta "find" stuff for him ta do. It's not like there isn't a ton o' stuff that needed doin'. LOL One o' the best things I got him ta do was ta replace the screen in the slidin' door up on the deck. W/that door open & windows downstairs open, the wind was able ta circulate through the house & keep it cool even on the day that it reached 85*. We didn't need ta use the air conditioners at'all. I didn't realize how much the coolin' of the upstairs would keep the rest o' the house cool. Now I realize that this summer it won't be enough but for this spring it was very nice.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Oh dear, dublb, what dumb luck. At least you found away to make the trip worthwhile. How's you class coming along? Have you decided what topic to teach?

We've had quite a bit of rain since Sunday night. Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny..I think I'm going to work outside as much as I can. Will have the 2 little ones here most of the day..they will enjoy being outside. I don't think it's too early to get the leaves off of the garden beds. Oak leaves don't decompose very fast.

Today went over to an aunt's house. We are doing a study on repentence. Actually a Lenten study, but is applicable to any time. Normally I wouldn't take the time to do this, but I enjoy the time I spend with her. First lesson has been enlightening and took us off on other points to consider. It will be a "take time to smell the roses" time for us both.

Every time the phone rings, I get a little anxious as Grand#11 is due next week. Hope all goes well for the new mom and dad.

Have had such a full week and just when I think I can sluff off, I realize I have other things to get done. I should be grateful that I can still can do the things I have to do.....

Night all and have a good weekend.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Mice and men often make plans that go astray.... priority wise the Man above changes our plans. Our day is starting early. Neighbor is coming by for comfortfree plants and people are coming to look at the Chrysler today. Neighbor P is going on to son's greenhouse to helped him finish his late planting of veggies and today they are planting 75 apple trees.

Time to ge my socks and shoes on to move with the flow. Off to the races and monkey chases as DGM said. Have a good weekend everyone.

Oh my goodness QNS, your photo is so true, especially with me

Lookee, lookee, The post will be at 11,000...we certainly have chatted a lot!

I am itching to get a tomato plant..but I won't be able to cart it back n forth when it gets too big...boo hoo..I love home grown tomatoes, their fragrance is like no other...

We're looking to get an SUV and bring my little car down here...so I can do what I want when I want..

I just ordered a backflow valve online..none of the supply places had any..the deep freeze down here froze & cracked a lot of them, including ours, so now we have to replace it...We'll know better next winter..

I want to plant a fruit tree here...maybe a dwarf??
    Have a good day all, DH just said lets go out! so off we are H.

Page 440 of 542 FirstFirst ... 340 390 430 439 440 441 450 490 540 ... LastLast