Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 390 of 542 FirstFirst ... 290 340 380 389 390 391 400 440 490 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Here is the purse I just finished. I think it turned out real cute:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carriem I hope you are feeling a little better, how worrying for you.

JeanieG I love your new purse, beautiful selection of batiks
    Karen

Mirabelle...so love your fabric storage! Maybe someday I'll have more room to do it better but for now I just have to limit my stash. Thanks for sharing.
    Jeanie...what a great purse. I need a new one and plan to take a class next month. Anymore if it's not a quilt, I usually don't sew it.
    Carrie....how disappointing! Just when you had begun to feel better. There has to be something the Dr is missing!
    Jan...so sorry to hear about Patches.
    i'm a little behind with my BOW's. I felt I needed a focal point in my one quilt and it took me awhile to come up with the right sized medallion to draw it all together. Plus this is a very large quilt which my design wall won't hold and since it is a controlled scrappy, I can't just guess at which fabrics to use if I want to keep some sort of balance. I do love the process!

Jeanie--great new purse. I like the flower on the flap. I was feeling pretty dizzy/lightheaded so had actually already laid on the floor before I blacked out....it wasn't until I was "coming to" that I realized I had even fainted. I hate that feeling when I am waking up again. I've fainted a lot of times in my life (not recently) so usually know the symptoms and can safely go down and not get hurt.

I am feeling some better today. Thankfully it's a day home (until 4:30pm) so I can take it easy again.

I wish I could be as organized & as neat as you Mirabelle... Every time I "straighten" up I can't find what I need

Jeanie, I thought the flower was a buckle then looked again...great creative fussy cutting..pretty batiks....

Carriem, you do so much it makes me dizzy!!! maybe you need to slow down a bit and let yourself rest..

I'm ripping out some confetti blocks cause I sewed them the wrong way...that's what I get for not checking the pattern.. almost done with my 2nd corner to corner crocheted afghan and ran out of yarn for the corner of a lap throw for Carolina Comfort...
    GGal, I have a hard time with random scrappy...I have to "control" the scrappiness ..as much as I try, it's hard for me to sew 2 pieces that don't "like" each other..

Lots of chatter today...love it! Best of things to come vibes being sent to you, Carrie. I have found the Dr.s will push medicine that reacts differently within your body than what they expected or the side effects they forgot to mention to you reacts in your body. It is good that you were lying down and can feel it coming on...my dh cannot feel it coming on...so its a big worry here.

Love your purse, Jeanie. Well done on colors and 'buckle' flap...looks like California to me.

Yep, GG and Honchey, I like to 'control' the scrappy a bit...on the confetti and on the "I SPY' one too. Mo friend selected the blocks to put into I SPY when she was here, so I have sewn a row together...twelve by twelve...were the plans....I think I will make it thirteen by thirteen since the blocks are all cut out. Then quilt it row by row....front then the back...each will its own set of blocks...then put back onto the front and bind it. Hopefully by Christmas time.

Everyone have a good day....Celebrate a new day in our lives. Enjoy, this too shall pass and never repeat itself.

Honchey I can't find anything if my room is in a mess

The other day I couldn't find my little boy, kept calling him but no wagging tail, even went downstairs to see if he was outside, nope
    Walked back into my sewing room and heard him snoring, he had walked behind my design wall nudged the cupboard open just enough for him to get inside and made himself comfortable in a basket. It was very cold so I suppose he just wanted to be warm

Karen

So cute, Mirabelle. Of course, you made it just for him! So neat and organized sewing area. Everything with its own place and placed there. Now you can come organize my mess in the sewing room and finish my UFOs!

How sweet is your little boy!!!!!

What a cute little guy Mirabelle

I saw this pattern and thought of our Canadian friends..http://www.studio180design.net/shop/...rn-neighbours/ (click on the pattern to see it a bit better) No appliqué, just uses the Deb Tucker rulers...I've used several of them (own 3 I think). This link has a picture of a leaf block: http://www.studio180design.net/shop/product/DT12/....well I guess the stem is appliqué, but the leaves aren't.
    Last edited by carriem; 07-15-2014 at 07:19 AM.

I am like you Mirabelle, I cannot stand clutter! I always have to clear up what I am sewing on each night and put all my scissors, cutters, rulers away each night. They all have a place and go there! LOL I can overlook the dust, but not the clutter!

Your little boy reminds me of my cat Mr. He loves to hide in closets too.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Darn it all ... had a reply typed and yes, hit the wrong button and poof!

Will be back later ..............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Back again ... now to NOT hit the *poof* button!!!!!

MiraB ... those cupboards are filled with such pretty stuff, though they do look pretty bare!!! Looks like you better order some more fabric to fill them up. How many tops do you have hanging there, waiting to be quilted? Looks like you have forgotten something ... your Little Prince needs his very own quilt to keep warm! Cute little guy!!

CarrieM ... sorry that you are having problems again. Let's hope that this time the Dr. figures something out to help you. What a lovely pattern that one is!

JeanieG ... what a perfect set of coordinates for that pattern. You can't help but enjoy spending money with that new purse! What sort of batting(s)/stiffener(s) do you use for your purses? I've seen some that are so stiff that they don;t even look nice ... then there are the wimpy ones that just look droopy! I really need/want to make a new purse ... but gosh, another project, I do not need!

GGal ... yea for another new project with your medallion! Don't dismay in having a small stash. The good news is you HAVE to go on FARTs! While I do love having my stash to shop, sometimes it is not a blessing, as all too often the right fabric is not there or the right fabric, but wrong yardage. So the shopping does not stop! Or like recently, I am gathering fabrics for a project I want to do. I need 8 minimum. How many times have I rebought?? and each time thinking it is THE one! So the stash has grown in this obsession to get the perfect combo!

Honchey ... how are you and Mr. Frog getting along?

No sewing again for me ... just too much WORK right now.
    So if you don't see/hear from me this next while ... you know why!

Hi Guys, I have 3 rows done..starting from the corner... I'm going to have the blocks done before putting them together... There are quite a few colors involved and I like balance so I have to put more together...will take a photo tomorrow and post it...

QuiltE - The first two purses I did were the Mini Bow Tucks. They just used fusible fleece for the stiffener. This purse is called Catalina Sling by Pink Sand Beach Designs. I saw it made up in a shop, so could really look and feel it before I purchased the pattern. It uses a lot more stiffener in it. The bottom and up the sides is all one piece and uses Pellon Fusible Fleece, Pellon Decorbond Fusible, and Pellon Peltex Single Side Fusible. It certainly holds it shape! The wedge shapes were suppose to be 3 1/4" wide strips, but I had 2 1/2" strips left over from a jelly roll, so I used that size instead.

Thanks for the info JeanieG ... will make some notes! Gosh what a lot of different products to need for the one purse. Good for you for the innovation and using the strips you had. I'm sure you will have many envious of your purse ... and maybe asking you to make them one too?

Every one must have a busy life with garden or family, etc., fair time...

Not much chatter here now. House work is going to claim my time, at least this morning, before I can work in the QR. Neighbor dropped by last night to thank me for the fabric I gave her for her seventeen year old MS granddaughter who she was teaching to sew. DGD loved the fabric....all in her favorite colors. Nice to encouirage the youth into quilting.

CrazyRedhead Quilting has announced her warehouse sale July 25 to the 26 with fabric from 3.99 to 9.99 in Newton, Iowa. Tempting. She carries wonderful lines of fabric. But its two hours there...almost...and no driver yet...so it may not happen. Whatever will be, will be.

You all have a wonderful day.

Hello all,

mirabelle - no pins on the floor for me either. I have hardwood so that helps a lot and 2 very curious kitties means I search for anything that falls before tender tootsies can find it for me.
    Your workspace is so organized. Mine combines a quilting/sewing room with glass etching, knitting, cross stitching and a computer room. Overall, it is quite organized.
    Your companion is really sweet. Smart, too, to tuck into the closet for a nap.

carriem - I hope you find a solution to the headaches soon. I get the occasional migraine and can't imagine living with them daily. I'll send good vibes your way.

JeanieG - the purse looks wonderful. Makes me think I should be getting to mine sooner rather than later. I want to laminate the fabric so should do some experimenting first. Or I might just dive right in. That's more my style.

W4Me ... yes, you need to get that Hearse Purse made! "D

Hey Ya'll. I have been so busy w/my DD in town. She leaves tamarrow. Taday we drove all over town again. It seems ta be the thing we do. LOL There are a lotta places that she wants ta go & do when she is in town. One o' the things we did taday was we went ta a thrift store. The owner is named Beverly also. We play w/other customers minds when I walk in, as she says "Hi Beverly" & I say "Hi Beverly" back. LOL I found another cute li'le "childs" hand crank sewin' machine. It's a cute red one. When we got home DD told DH that I bought another sewin' machine & he about passed out. When I showed it ta him he sighed & said that it was OK. I then showed him the roaster that I got at a garage sale for $10. His DM used ta have one & there is still a stand for it. He has no idea whatever happened ta the actual roaster & has wanted one ever since he cleaned out his parents house. He's happy w/me now.
    We also took DGD ta git her ears pierced. She made "company" at her dance school & all the dancers need ta look alike so she has ta have her ears pierced. Well she threw such a fit at the beauty shop that we went ta my DF/hairdresser's house ta do it. DD had ta hold her down for the first one & she sat very still for the second one. It wasn't near as bad as she thought it was gonna be.
    DD & the kids go home tamarrow.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh what adventures you have dublb! My friend and I had our ears pierced at the local May Co. store, as they were doing them for free! That was in the early 70's, and they used a sterilized (I assume) needle and pushed it into a cork in the back (LOL). It was a real science back then - no guns.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your DD and DGK. You will miss then when they are gone.

Monday morning and its predicted to be very 'hot' today and tomorrow. Our AC/furnace has died after nine years...of building our home...now we learn it was a 'cheap' and 'cheaper' unit...a different dealer is coming today...Lennox or Geo will be our choice if we can deal for the right $. There goes my $ for any quilting fabric or notions...but I would rather be cool this summer with hot weather hitting us.

Good news is my feet have quit swelling up; and I am 'seeing' better without my reading glasses. Good weather for sewing in the QR. Every one have a good day and stay 'cool'.

I figured I better give everyone an update...I am feeling better. Down to just one pill a day for the next two days, then will be off the meds that caused me to get dizzy. So far my migraines have just been "headaches" while going off the meds. I am going to try some vitamins/supplements for a few weeks before starting any new meds. I try to go off everything for a month or two every couple years just to get everything out of my system...in hopes that when I go back on something it will work. Ggal sent me an article a while back so I am trying some of the suggestions from that.

I am off work today and tomorrow. DH and I are going out to lunch today (he took the day off also). Then I plan to do a little sewing this afternoon.

Good news on the eye sight QNS. I hope they can get your a/c up and running quickly!

I made a little house but it turned out wrong...The roof is too short widthwise and it's facing the wrong way...back to the drawing board....I will trim it then put a border around it to bring it back to size...I am cleaning up my sewing room today...we're leaving for NJ tomorrow morning...

Carriem, My Brother in law just had a nerve in his neck "burned" and so far no more headaches..He tried everything there was out there.....this was the last resort....

Take care everyone.. see you in a couple of days..

QNS, taking care of a new house that is simple in design & minimal décor' is easier than and older home that has 46 yrs of "stuff"...

Honchey, have a good trip North to NJ. We moved to Texas in 1985 and back in 2005 with more stuff than the largest U-Haul would carry, so we had to make the second trip a bit later. Yes, we have 'stuff' to store here, so dh built shelves in every room to hold it. And still have boxes in outside storage as well.

It is HOT today. No AC yet, praying hard that the financing will go through today...otherwise no relief in sight. Galled very bad in sensitive places yesterday and today will be worse. AC guy is on the stand-by to move as quickly as possible once the $ come through. No go on the Geo yesterday, we are too old to think about the gold nuggets that that one costs, so today the standard Lennox will go through.

Keep Cool.....I want a tub full of ice cubes!

Page 390 of 542 FirstFirst ... 290 340 380 389 390 391 400 440 490 ... LastLast